PDA

View Full Version : The Z Report: Five Thoughts from Minicamp

J-Russ
05-14-2008, 09:53 PM
1. Rookie CB Antwaun Molden looks like a man-sized CB out there and that is something that more and more teams are going to. Size and speed are becoming more and more important with WRs getting bigger and faster with each passing year. Molden had some ups and downs in coverage, but he made a play that really stood out to me. In a one on one drill, Molden was matched up with Andre Davis and matched him stride for stride down the field, turned and located the pass and then went up and caught the ball at its highest point for the interception.

2. Chester Pitts looked very good in one-on-one pass protection drills when I watched him. I will readily admit that I love watching one on one drills and sometimes I get too worked up about them considering the fact that pass protection isn't all about man vs. man and is more about team than people realize. Still, Pitts handled Cochran and Okoye during the drill and looked very good doing it. I think the addition of Alex Gibbs is going to do wonders for Pitts' game.

And the rest are here (http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2008/05/post_50.html)

Maddict5
05-14-2008, 10:38 PM
i remember kubiak praising harry williams at times last year

TexansFanatic
05-14-2008, 10:47 PM
I just got chills reading that about Molden. Man, what a great freaking draft this was.

Thanks for the link.

Thorn
05-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Man, what a great freaking draft this was.

Because of Kubiak and Smith this team is on it's way to be in the top tirr of the NFL for quite some time. I am not going to be suprised if it takes another year or so, but I'm thinking the Texans will become quite fearsome and bring us good times as fans.

HOU-TEX
05-15-2008, 09:45 AM
2. Chester Pitts looked very good in one-on-one pass protection drills when I watched him. I will readily admit that I love watching one on one drills and sometimes I get too worked up about them considering the fact that pass protection isn't all about man vs. man and is more about team than people realize. Still, Pitts handled Cochran and Okoye during the drill and looked very good doing it. I think the addition of Alex Gibbs is going to do wonders for Pitts' game.

Pitz iznt goin to make the teem. He cant get to the sekond level.

Sined,

threetoedpete

Malloy
05-15-2008, 12:52 PM
Mr Quityabishin is number 2 on Zs list!!

We should try him at qb too ;)