PDA

View Full Version : Honor Vikings DE Udeze by becoming a member of donor registry

Texans_Chick
05-06-2008, 09:26 AM
Vikings DE Kenechi Udeze was diagnosed with leukemia in February. The offseason. Last Friday, the Vikings agreed to pay his salary for next year, even though under the rules they could have cut him.

That is really cool because often people have to face this diagnosis while losing their job and their paycheck.

You can honor Udeze's fight against leukemia by becoming a member of the marrow donor registry. I have details here:

Honor Kenechi Udeze's Fight Against Leukemia by Joining the Marrow Donor Registry (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/05/05/honor-kenechi-udezes-fight-against-leukemia-by-joining-the-marr/)

Right now, you can sign up to be a donor for free. (usually there is a fee to cover the costs of testing). They especially need minority donors because people are more likely to find a match within their own race, but they don't have a high percentage of minority donors in the registry.

This is an important issue to me because my sister was saved by a bone marrow transplant. She was fortunate to have a match within our family--out of 6 kids, only 1 of us was a match. Most people who need a transplant won't find a related donor, so that is why the registry is so important.

Khari
05-06-2008, 10:17 AM
i'm already a bone marrow donor registry member..........guess i never matched anybody :thinking:

Texans_Chick
05-06-2008, 05:40 PM
i'm already a bone marrow donor registry member..........guess i never matched anybody :thinking:

You are quite the unique individual.

I mean that in a good way. :smiliedance: