PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall Robbed at Gunpoint

NitroGSXR
05-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the hard knocks of being rich. Glad he's ok though!

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/932308,Mendenhall050508.article

Texaninlild
05-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Did anyone check the whereabouts of Ced Benson @ 2AM? UT Alum that plays football...lives in Chicago.....:thinking:

awtysst
05-05-2008, 10:52 PM
The sad thing is the guy should have known better. Anyone that is from or has lived in Chicago knows that there are areas that are better left avoided after dark. These areas include far west, far south, and south along the lake. Also the areas around US Cellualar Field isn't great to be around after dark. For those keeping score, Mendenhall was 33 blocks south of Downtown. My guess is he ran into some gangbangers. If memory serves, that area is the grounds of the Gangster Disciples. I believe the The Almighty Black P Stones have a small area there too. Just a few blocks over though are the Mafia Insane Vice Lords. Like I said, not an area you want to be after dark and especially not at 2 AM.

Mendenhall is from Skokie (just outside Chicago) and should have known it was not smart to be in that area that late. There are plenty of very safe places to walk along the lake that he could have chosen. For example he could have chosen Navy Pier, Lakewood, Lincoln Park, or even the Evanston areas.

Its sad to say, but in the times we live, its better to avoid certain areas of Chicago after dark rather than adventure into. Mr. Mendenhall is quite lucky all that happened to him was getting robbed. Hopefully he learned a valuable lesson.

PapaL
05-06-2008, 05:50 AM
The sad thing is the guy should have known better. Anyone that is from or has lived in Chicago knows that there are areas that are better left avoided after dark. These areas include far west, far south, and south along the lake. Also the areas around US Cellualar Field isn't great to be around after dark. For those keeping score, Mendenhall was 33 blocks south of Downtown. My guess is he ran into some gangbangers. If memory serves, that area is the grounds of the Gangster Disciples. I believe the The Almighty Black P Stones have a small area there too. Just a few blocks over though are the Mafia Insane Vice Lords. Like I said, not an area you want to be after dark and especially not at 2 AM.

Mendenhall is from Skokie (just outside Chicago) and should have known it was not smart to be in that area that late. There are plenty of very safe places to walk along the lake that he could have chosen. For example he could have chosen Navy Pier, Lakewood, Lincoln Park, or even the Evanston areas.

Its sad to say, but in the times we live, its better to avoid certain areas of Chicago after dark rather than adventure into. Mr. Mendenhall is quite lucky all that happened to him was getting robbed. Hopefully he learned a valuable lesson.

You mean Mayor Daley hasn't cleaned up the city yet? How about fixed the mass transit issues?

ubecool454
05-06-2008, 09:34 AM
Its hard to say a person shouldn't be here or be there after dark. You can be in a mall parking lot in the "safe" part of town and get robbed. When you are out and about, the last think you are thinking about is being robbed. It just comes out of nowhere. Medenhall probably is a little bit naive because he has been away from it all. I just glad he didn't get hurt and now he realizes he may be a target. Remember fans, Dunta got robbed at home.......

awtysst
05-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Its hard to say a person shouldn't be here or be there after dark. You can be in a mall parking lot in the "safe" part of town and get robbed. When you are out and about, the last think you are thinking about is being robbed. It just comes out of nowhere. Medenhall probably is a little bit naive because he has been away from it all. I just glad he didn't get hurt and now he realizes he may be a target. Remember fans, Dunta got robbed at home.......

Well yeah. My point was that there are certain places that are KNOWN to not be safe after dark. Going to those places is just not a good idea. Sure, you can get robbed anywhere, but why put yourself in a place where the likelihood is higher.

ubecool454
05-06-2008, 11:08 AM
Well yeah. My point was that there are certain places that are KNOWN to not be safe after dark. Going to those places is just not a good idea. Sure, you can get robbed anywhere, but why put yourself in a place where the likelihood is higher.

agreed.

Maddict5
05-07-2008, 08:39 AM
University of Illinois star running back Rashard Mendenhall -- who was just drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers -- was robbed at gunpoint early Monday

do we know definitively where marvin harrison was at that time :thinking: