PDA

View Full Version : McFadden - Bush or Peterson

The Pencil Neck
04-29-2008, 06:02 PM
On Sportscenter now, they just asked the question:

"Will McFadden be this year's Reggie Bush or Adrian Peterson?"

Ouch.

How the mighty have fallen. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Bush at this point.

Wolf
04-29-2008, 06:07 PM
bonus is McFadden can run between the tackles ... I look at a little in between

Double Barrel
04-29-2008, 06:16 PM
How the mighty have fallen. I'm actually starting to feel sorry for Bush at this point.

NEVER! I do hope he ends up as no. 1....draft bust of all time!! ;)

His spewage about H-town will not be forgotten.

adam
04-29-2008, 07:06 PM
Honestly, I get a peculiar feeling about McFadden. I have a feeling that he may bust, quite atrociously. Just a hunch.

bah007
04-29-2008, 08:30 PM
NEVER! I do hope he ends up as no. 1....draft bust of all time!! ;)

His spewage about H-town will not be forgotten.

I second this.

He duped NO into handing him what? 70 million?

It's hard to feel bad for a guy who made that much money without actually doing anything.

HOU-TEX
04-30-2008, 10:28 AM
bonus is McFadden can run between the tackles ... I look at a little in between

I agree. Although, it was Peterson's first season so it's hard to fully judge. IMO, Peterson's lower body is more powerful than McFaddens. McFadden's lower legs look like toothpicks. :cool:

Ole Miss Texan
04-30-2008, 10:43 AM
My thoughts:
McFadden won't have the same impact that Peterson did, from a RB's standpoint.
McFadden is more closely related to a Bush type of back than a Peterson.
McFadden should be used the same way Bush has been used, however DMC can run between the tackles better.
McFadden is not in the class of Tomlinson nor Peterson.
McFadden should find success in Oakland. As bad as their OL is (at pass blocking) they are pretty good at rushing offense.

McFaddens carries may be limited to do Fargas, Jordan and M. Bush but he should still get a lot of touches. Russell needs all the help he can get handing the ball off but moreso throwing it.

I don't think McFadden will be a bust, but I don't think he will be extra special and not worth the #4 overall selection.

nunusguy
04-30-2008, 12:00 PM
Peterson's lower body is more powerful than McFaddens. McFadden's lower legs look like toothpicks. :cool:
McFaddens has Bushlegs, eh sorry, I meant to say Birdlegs. Not a good thing
when football is most of all a game played from the butt down.
Opposite physique type of a McFadden is a Maurice Drew-Jones, who with short, stubby thick legs is far better built to be an NFL running back. And really, what does height have to do with it anyway ? Not much.

ubecool454
04-30-2008, 02:13 PM
Well , Wolf beat me to it .....said just what I would have said.

thunderkyss
04-30-2008, 03:32 PM
We're going to have to redefine "Once in a Lifetime Talent", that's for sure if we're going to talk about three guys in three different drafts, back to back to back.

kastofsna
04-30-2008, 04:03 PM
McFadden is definitely more like Bush talent-wise than Peterson.

gg no re
04-30-2008, 04:09 PM
I disagree, kastofsna.... McFadden has shown that he can throw the football to his own teammate.

kastofsna
04-30-2008, 04:39 PM
in reality he's just not the big bruising back people think he is. he's very shifty and speedy, like Bush. and Felix Jones actually carried the ball whenever they needed an "NFL-style" run.

gg no re
04-30-2008, 04:41 PM
but did u see what I did there?

kastofsna
04-30-2008, 04:43 PM
yeah very clever.

gg no re
04-30-2008, 05:12 PM
I'm working on my act for Laugh Factory