PDA

View Full Version : Does Alex Gibbs actually exist ?

nunusguy
04-28-2008, 07:36 AM
OK there's a picture of some guy in a bright red shirt over on the Texans website. So what ?
But this weekend I've seen GM Smith, Kubiak, little Shanny, & DC Smith on TV
all hyping the Draft, but no Gibbs. Not even a quote by Gibbs about the thinking on "reaching" for his guy, OLT Duane Brown. Truth is I've never seen
Gibbs qoted locally in the media since his alleged hire ? And definitely haven't seen him even in a photo standing next to some local landmark like Reliant stadium maybe ?
I dunno, but did they just hire the legend of Alex gibbs ? And for all I know the real thing is with Elvis right now ?

Htownsportsfan
04-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Gibbs is Keyser Sze!

TheRealJoker
04-28-2008, 07:40 AM
Gibbs doesn't speak to the media, he's too busy curing cancer with his tears.

Buffi2
04-28-2008, 08:12 AM

:smiliedance: rep coming your way.

Hervoyel
04-28-2008, 08:13 AM

Actually Gibbs is too busy preparing to completely remold our running game to cure cancer with his tears. I'm not saying he couldn't cure cancer with his tears. Only that he's got more important things to do.

Other lesser coaches waste valuable time talking to the media. That's why they don't coach offensive lines that lead the league in rushing every single year they exist. Alex Gibbs doesn't do interviews. In fact he never leaves Reliant Park. He works 22 hours a day and spends the other two in a regenerative chamber filled with a vitamin based "nutrient soup" that takes the place of eating and sleep at the same time. While he does this he meditates on different approaches to running the football and reviews player profiles of children currently in Pee Wee football who will one day project to block in the zone offense at the professional level.

Alex Gibbs IS "The most interesting man in the world".

michaelm
04-28-2008, 08:17 AM
Actually Gibbs is too busy preparing to completely remold our running game to cure cancer with his tears. I'm not saying he couldn't cure cancer with his tears. Only that he's got more important things to do.

Other lesser coaches waste valuable time talking to the media. That's why they don't coach offensive lines that lead the league in rushing every single year they exist. Alex Gibbs doesn't do interviews. In fact he never leaves Reliant Park. He works 22 hours a day and spends the other two in a regenerative chamber filled with a vitamin based "nutrient soup" that takes the place of eating and sleep at the same time. While he does this he meditates on different approaches to running the football and reviews player profiles of children currently in Pee Wee football who will one day project to block in the zone offense at the professional level.

There are over two hundred poems written about only his beard.

TexansMVP
04-28-2008, 08:28 AM
I know I read somewhere in the past that Gibbs has a policy of not speaking to the media which also applies to his linemen as well.

TheRealJoker
04-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Rumor has it that a rookie Denver OL spoke to the media once when Gibbs clearly told him not to do that. In the middle of the interview you could see a blur that looked kind of like Gibbs chopblock the unlucky OL who subsequently died instantly.

DBCooper
04-28-2008, 08:38 AM
He's a cyborg from the future and stays away from the media so he won't tip his hand.

Wolf
04-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Wish I had photoshop I would have made it "Alex Gibbs does not approve"

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2221/1560664843_da39375253.jpg

drewmar74
04-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Have you ever seen Alex Gibbs and Vince Young in the same place at the same time?

:spy:

Hervoyel
04-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Have you ever seen Alex Gibbs and Vince Young in the same place at the same time?

That's a good point, I can't account for that.

Cjeremy635
04-28-2008, 09:45 AM

Great! Now I'm not gonna be able to get that damn video out of my head for another 3 months or so! :elle:

edo783
04-28-2008, 12:38 PM
I don't think the team wants him talking to the media. To quote Bob McNair, "he has colorfull language". I expect mothers will be covering their kids ears for 1/2 mile around the practice field from what I hear.

Ole Miss Texan
04-28-2008, 12:41 PM
For what it's worth, I did some extensive research on Alex Gibbs and found out who he really is...

http://www.facade.com/celebrity/photo/Chuck_Norris.jpg

aj.
04-28-2008, 12:56 PM
To quote Bob McNair, "he has colorfull language"..

Between Gibbs, Hoke and Richard Smith, there be a whole lotta profanity goin on out there...

False Start
04-28-2008, 01:31 PM

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/agibbs.gif

:heh: :cool:

HOU-TEX
04-28-2008, 01:33 PM
Between Gibbs, Hoke and Richard Smith, there be a whole lotta profanity goin on out there...

Jethro and Holland aren't afraid to lean on somebody either. :cool:

Texans Pride
04-28-2008, 02:05 PM

Snap, crackle, annd piznop!

ChampionTexan
04-28-2008, 02:21 PM
I know I read somewhere in the past that Gibbs has a policy of not speaking to the media which also applies to his linemen as well.

There is now an NFL policy that prohibits imposing a media blackout on the players, but you're correct, prior to the implementation of that policy, Gibbs did prohibit it in Denver.

There is no similar policy regarding Assistant Coaches, and some HC's (Belichick & Parcells for example) prohibit most if not all contact with the media. I don't think Kubes has any such policy, but clearly, Gibbs is in self-imposed media exile.

Interesting (but not surprising) sidenote - The Denver O-Linemen media blockade came to an end when Salaam was with them, and simply refused to comply with it. I'm not sure, but I believe that Gibbs was semi-retired during the time Ephraim was with the Bronco's. He had a role, but I don't think he was the main O-line coach any longer.

SouthSideTexan
04-28-2008, 02:22 PM
I heard that Alex Gibbs counted to infinity 3 times in one day. I also heard that Alex Gibbs can mathematically make two wrongs equal a right.

phil2366
04-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Even Chuck Norris can't touch Alex Gibbs, and Joe Gibbs is rumored to be in such fear and ahh he will not even ask if they are related! Some in the Great state of Alabama believe alex might, just might have you, be on level with God and Bear Bryant. I know this bear would have loved to have this guy!

JWarren14
04-28-2008, 02:32 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/gallery.asp?section_id=449# he is in this group of pictures from the Texans website.

phil2366
04-28-2008, 02:36 PM
I heard that Alex Gibbs counted to infinity 3 times in one day. I also heard that Alex Gibbs can mathematically make two wrongs equal a right.

Funny, I love it!

Ole Miss Texan
04-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Jesus may walk on water, but Alex Gibbs can swim through land.

CloakNNNdagger
04-28-2008, 03:37 PM
This article about Gibbs coming back to the NFL (Atlanta) gives you an idea how invisible this man can be while doing his job, even while remaining far away from the playing field..........and still be the best that ever was.
[LINK] (http://www.lubbockonline.com/stories/012404/pro_0124040073.shtml)

nunusguy
04-28-2008, 03:56 PM
Good stuff Cloak. Sounds like this Gibbs really is a wild & crazy guy.

Nawzer
04-28-2008, 04:09 PM
I honestly don't even know what he looks like.

CloakNNNdagger
04-28-2008, 04:28 PM
I honestly don't even know what he looks like.

Something, I don't believe many people know (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www2.davidson.edu/diamond/ic/uploads/HOF1_1415.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www2.davidson.edu/common/cms_view.asp%3Fnewsid%3D5755&h=237&w=244&sz=17&hl=en&start=3&um=1&tbnid=ycpE0lH97Qgw7M:&tbnh=107&tbnw=110&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dalex%2Bgibbs%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa% 3DN) (a picture of Gibbs is in this link):

Alex Gibbs, a running back and defensive back for the Wildcats in the early 1960s, twice led Davidson in rushing, with 278 yards as a sophomore and 259 yards as a junior. He was also the top kickoff return man for those two seasons with ten returns for 229 yards and eight returns for 174 yards respectively. As a senior, he was used more as a receiver, finishing second on the squad with fourteen catches for 105 yards, plus 110 yards on the ground and 188 return yards on kickoffs.

Malloy
04-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Jesus may walk on water, but Alex Gibbs can swim through land.

The gf just asked me why I'm squirting coffee all over, you're to blame :)

Battle Red Flash
04-28-2008, 07:52 PM
Hopefully Gibbs was off somewhere with little Shanahan telling him how other offensive coordinators dress when they're going to be on TV.
Not in jeans, and untucked shirt. Posing with Brown dressed like that did not make Kyle look good.

TexansFanatic
04-28-2008, 08:16 PM
Alex Gibbs actually died ten years ago, but the Grim Reaper can't find the courage to tell him.

Polo
04-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Alex Gibbs is very much real.

The question is...Do WE exist ?

TEXANRED
04-28-2008, 09:40 PM

I have never seen myself and Alex Gibbs in the same place at the same time either. Hey Maybe I am Alex Gibbs!

Carr Bombed
04-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Alex Gibbs' wingman-------> http://i.usatoday.net/money/_photos/2007/06/11/adtrack-dos-equisx.jpg He's only "the most interesting man in the world", because he's Alex Gibbs' drinking buddy.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
04-28-2008, 10:40 PM

Unfortunately, Alex Gibbs never cries.

Ole Miss Texan
04-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Unfortunately, Alex Gibbs never cries.

No, Alex Gibbs makes grown men cry.

nunusguy
04-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Alex Gibbs' wingman-------> http://i.usatoday.net/money/_photos/2007/06/11/adtrack-dos-equisx.jpg He's only "the most interesting man in the world", because he's Alex Gibbs' drinking buddy.

Now that's my idea of a scene I'd expect to see with Gibbs. Matter of fact,
check out those photos Cloak was thoughtful enough to provide us. Its pic 22 IIRC that's captured the "image" of Gibbs. Put a beard on him and there's definitely a strong similarity.

Double Barrel
04-29-2008, 11:34 AM
Alex Gibbs is very much real.

The question is...Do WE exist ?

Come to think of it, I've never actually seen you in the same room with yourself. :hmmm: there is no spoon

badboy
04-29-2008, 01:49 PM

Alex Gibbs IS "The most interesting man in the world".Thought you were talking about Michael Jackson for a minute.

drewmar74
04-29-2008, 02:32 PM
I have never seen myself and Alex Gibbs in the same place at the same time either. Hey Maybe I am Alex Gibbs!

Wait a second... I've never seen myself in the same room with Gibbs, either. You are an impostor! I am OBVIOUSLY Alex Gibbs.

mexican_texan
04-29-2008, 02:42 PM
No, I am Spartacus.

Ole Miss Texan
04-29-2008, 03:36 PM
This is one of my favorite threads of all time... but to get back to Gibbs, apparently he does exist.

Today at the Texans Draft Luncheon Kubiak made a statement when speaking. He was speaking about how two of the biggest successes this offseason were acquiring Alex Gibbs and Ray Rhodes. He said how the media gives him credit for luring and bringing Alex Gibbs out of retirement and got Ray Rhodes to join the team as well. What he said next was a big surprise I had never heard before. Kubiak said that he never called either one of them. That both Gibbs and Rhodes were the ones that called Kubiak . They called him because they liked where the team was heading and asked if there was a place for them in this organization. That made me feel really awesome about this team. So maybe Gibbs really does exist! LOL

TexansFanatic
04-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Alex Gibbs puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".

The Pencil Neck
04-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Alex Gibbs puts the "laughter" in "manslaughter".

"You must spread reputation around..."

Ole Miss Texan
04-29-2008, 04:26 PM
Alex Gibbs recently visited The Virgin Islands. Now they're just called... The Islands.

barrett
04-29-2008, 04:50 PM
god i love this thread.

Wolf
04-29-2008, 05:20 PM
I think Kirk found Mr Gibbs once
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ3A3desF5I&NR=1

well the first part of the clip anyway, they changed the rest to protect the identity of MR Gibbs

TexansFanatic
04-29-2008, 07:24 PM
Champions are the breakfast of Alex Gibbs.

Hervoyel
04-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Thought you were talking about Michael Jackson for a minute.

No but Alex Gibbs once told Mike Shanahan that he could make Michael Jackson a first ballot HOF RT in one year.

Gibbs reputation is such that the Broncos front office was trying to arrange a meeting with Michael at Neverland Ranch to discuss a very lucrative UDFA contract before the day was out.

Gibbs had to break the news to them that he was only joking and that he could make Michael Jackson a HOF RT in two training camps, not one.

bigfan77801
04-29-2008, 10:25 PM
This thread deserves :texans84:

TexansFanatic
04-30-2008, 12:15 PM
Alex Gibbs is always on top during sex because Alex Gibbs never screws up.

Nawzer
04-30-2008, 01:06 PM
There was a rumor that when Alex Gibbs was a child his first words were: Zone blocking.

TexansFanatic
04-30-2008, 01:42 PM
They once made an Alex Gibbs brand of toilet paper, but it wouldn't take crap from anybody.

HOU-TEX
04-30-2008, 01:48 PM
They once made an Alex Gibbs brand of toilet paper, but it wouldn't take crap from anybody.

Very nice! Winner IMO :cool:

aj.
04-30-2008, 07:10 PM
I once saw Alex Gibbs wearing a t-shirt that said Braveheart was a pu**y.

beerlover
04-30-2008, 07:12 PM
I once saw Alex Gibbs wearing a t-shirt that said Braveheart was a pu**y.

lol:

TexanSam
04-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Alex Gibbs is never going to die because God is too afraid of disappointing him.

Kaiser Toro
04-30-2008, 08:47 PM
Alex Gibbs: [about his ZBS] I'll give this little cookie an hour before we're doing the no-pants dance. Time to musk up.
[opens ZBS Playbook]
Gary Kubiak: Wow. Never ceases to amaze me. What type of linemen you gonna go with? Lombardi Gentleman, or wait. No, no, no. Hold on. Munchak's Delight.
Alex Gibbs: No, you get a special ZBS... It's called ZBS by Al. It's illegal in nine levels of play... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good.
Gary Kubiak: It's quite pungent.
Alex Gibbs: Oh yeah.
Gary Kubiak: It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way.
Alex Gibbs: Yep.
Gary Kubiak: Al, I'm gonna be honest with you, that smells like pure gasoline.
Alex Gibbs: They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0357413/quotes

TexansFanatic
04-30-2008, 09:39 PM
Before the boogeyman goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Alex Gibbs.

Vinny
04-30-2008, 10:15 PM
he kinda has a yoda without the ears thing going on...or a condensed, super concentrated Professor from Back to the Future.

http://www.houstontexans.com/uploads/photo/thumbs/6704.jpg
http://www.bttf.com/backtalk/Lloyd-Fox-Spin-City.jpg

Hervoyel
04-30-2008, 10:22 PM
he kinda has a yoda without the ears thing going on...

"When 24 years of coaching big-uglies you reach, look as good you will not"

ObsiWan
04-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Alex Gibbs recently visited The Virgin Islands. Now they're just called... The Islands.

I've read this post five times and it cracks me up every time.
Rep!

ObsiWan
04-30-2008, 11:38 PM

LOL!! lol:

you know I love a good Star Wars quote

barrett
05-01-2008, 02:23 AM
did i mention how much i love this thread?

SouthSideTexan
05-01-2008, 09:28 AM
I have heard that there are only 10 bad mofo's in the world and nine of them send Alex Gibbs Christmas cards.

Errant Hothy
05-01-2008, 10:13 AM

Scene: First day of rookie mimi-camp.

One rather large figure is walking with a much smaller, older man.

Duane Brown: I won't fail you. I'm not afraid.

Gibbs-Yoda: You will be. You will be

Later that day.

Gibbs-Yoda: Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Zone-Blocking, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Zone-Blocking around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the goalposts.

Dan B.
05-01-2008, 03:40 PM
I've met Alex Gibbs. Gary Kubiak and Rick Smith brought him into my restaurant and talked for about 5-6 hours a day or two before they officially hired Gibbs. I can say definitively that:

1) Kubiak was giddy after the meeting. I congratulated him (I'll confess that I didn't know what Gibbs looked like either or who the third guy at the table was). I figured out who he was when Kubiak thanked me for helping the Texans hire someone that was going to change the team, someone he coached with back in the day. He seriously looked like a 16 year old kid that found his dad's Playboy stash. Grin from ear to ear.

2) If you ever do see Gibbs, buy him a Bud Light. He drank a LOT of it while talking with Smithiak. He isn't the world's most talkative guy, I'll admit. He thanked me when I served him (as well as when I said welcome to Houston), but had little more to say. I suspect Gibbs could've been a head coach anywhere he chose, but prefers the anonymity of being the brains behind the operation.

TexansFanatic
05-01-2008, 03:57 PM
If you ever do see Gibbs, buy him a Bud Light. He drank a LOT of it while talking with Smithiak.

Alex Gibbs doesn't get hangovers. Hangovers get Alex Gibbs.

Hervoyel
05-01-2008, 04:36 PM
....He drank a LOT of it while talking with Smithiak....

How do you know he drank all of it?

I think upwards of 40% of it simply evaporated due to the pressure of being in a bottle held by Alex Gibbs. I bet if it had been Coors Light then the label wouldn't have been able to turn blue no matter how cold they got it.

swtbound07
05-01-2008, 04:37 PM
alex gibbs can not only eat a rubiks cube, and crap it out solved, but he can then make said cube stand up and cut block

Hervoyel
05-01-2008, 04:39 PM
alex gibbs can not only eat a rubiks cube, and crap it out solved, but he can then make said cube stand up and cut block

At a Pro Bowl level no less!

TexansFanatic
05-01-2008, 04:46 PM
At a Pro Bowl level no less!

Even if the rubiks cube is only the 6th best rubiks cube on the board and taken 26th overall in the draft.

ObsiWan
05-01-2008, 05:58 PM
The feared Chuck Norris roundhouse kick is merely a variation of the legwhip technique Chuck learned while studying under Master Alex Gibbs.

The1ApplePie
05-01-2008, 09:36 PM

I could picture Gibbs looking for a way to cut block cancer. But, failing that he would probably take Brown down to MD Anderson to cut block somebody with cancer

Kaiser Toro
05-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Alex Gibbs bore Gary Kubiak from his head after swallowing Mark Schlereth.

TexansFanatic
05-01-2008, 10:18 PM
The first rule of Alex Gibbs is you do not talk about Alex Gibbs.

edo783
05-01-2008, 10:52 PM
The only rubick cube worth solving has 28 sides......... and only Gibbs can solve it.

Kaiser Toro
05-01-2008, 11:00 PM
Alex Gibbs solved the Mystery of Al Capone's Vault.

ObsiWan
05-02-2008, 01:48 AM
Contrary to popular belief, the Titanic did not sink due to impact with an iceberg. Alex Gibbs ripped a gash in the side of the steel hull when demonstrating his legwhip technique to a British soccer coach.

barrett
05-02-2008, 02:54 AM

brilliant!

TexansFanatic
05-02-2008, 09:51 AM
Contrary to the popular saying, Rome was, in fact, built in a day.
By Alex Gibbs.

The Pencil Neck
05-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Contrary to popular belief, Alex Gibbs was in Heaven teaching Jesus to cut block and some angel named Lucifer, who doubled as a draft analyst for HSPN, commented that JC was too small and light to play on the line. So Alex Gibbs cast him from Heaven with a leg whip.

And the rest is history.

TexansFanatic
05-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Contrary to popular belief, Alex Gibbs was in Heaven teaching Jesus to cut block and some angel named Lucifer, who doubled as a draft analyst for HSPN, commented that JC was too small and light to play on the line. So Alex Gibbs cast him from Heaven with a leg whip.

And the rest is history.

Many people forget that Jesus was an All-Pro left tackle before retiring at the top of his game at 30 to start spreading the word of peace, love, and cut blocking.

The Pencil Neck
05-02-2008, 11:27 AM
Many people forget that Jesus was an All-Pro left tackle before retiring at the top of his game at 30 to start spreading the word of peace, love, and cut blocking.

A little known story relates to the Slaughter of the Innocents. When Herod sent his soldiers out to kill the firstborn of Israel, a small army actually found Jesus and were about to slaughter him when Alex Gibbs appeared and cut blocked the lot of them and saved Jesus' life. Alex Gibbs just happened to be there because he was out scouting young left tackles and thought JC looked like a top prospect.

TexansFanatic
05-02-2008, 12:17 PM
Many stories in the Bible have changed from their earliest tellings. In fact, the original title of the Bible was "Alex Gibbs and Friends".

One of the Old Testament stories originally had Alex Gibbs cut blocking the Red Sea.

ObsiWan
05-02-2008, 12:29 PM
Many stories in the Bible have changed from their earliest tellings. In fact, the original title of the Bible was "Alex Gibbs and Friends".

One of the Old Testament stories originally had Alex Gibbs cut blocking the Red Sea.

And what about the time Alex Gibbs caused the walls of Jericho to crumble down just from the wind of one of his leg whips...?

TexansFanatic
05-02-2008, 01:00 PM
There was originally an 11th Commandment. It was:

"Thou Shalt Not Piss Off Alex Gibbs."

It was stricken, leaving only 10, because it is considered impossible to avoid pissing off Alex Gibbs.

The Pencil Neck
05-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Very few people that Alexander the Great was actually Alex Gibbs. He had his phalanx of troops cut blocked and leg whipped their way through the Persian Army and into India and only stopped because he was getting bored. He started the story that he had died so he could retire a while.

TexansFanatic
05-02-2008, 02:08 PM
If at first you don't succeed, you're not Alex Gibbs.

Ole Miss Texan
05-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Seems a certain Dr. King just about plagerized a very important and historical speech...

"I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.

I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of zone blocking: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all defensive linemen and linebackers are created equal and cut-blocked the same."

-Alex Gibbs, August 28, 1963

D-ReK
05-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Alex Gibbs likes his ice like he likes his skulls -- crushed

TexansFanatic
05-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Alex Gibbs can smell fear. But what most people don't know is that Alex Gibbs can also smell hope. For instance, he can smell: "I hope I don't get cut-blocked by Alex Gibbs."

Seor Stan
05-03-2008, 08:02 AM
The Alex Gibbs family coat of arms is Marlin Perkins being gored by a Cape Buffalo.

TexansFanatic
05-03-2008, 10:11 AM
Alex Gibbs' first job was as a paper boy. There were no survivors.

ObsiWan
05-03-2008, 07:21 PM
Very few people that Alexander the Great was actually Alex Gibbs. He had his phalanx of troops cut blocked and leg whipped their way through the Persian Army and into India and only stopped because he was getting bored. He started the story that he had died so he could retire a while.

Actually, his name was Alex the Gibbs, but historians, early manifestations of today's talking heads, screwed it up (just as today's talking heads do) and started that Alexander the Great crap. That screw up is the very reason why Alex Gibbs refuses to talk to the press to this very day.

TexansFanatic
05-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Actually, his name was Alex the Gibbs, but historians, early manifestations of today's talking heads, screwed it up (just as today's talking heads do) and started that Alexander the Great crap. That screw up is the very reason why Alex Gibbs refuses to talk to the press to this very day.

And let's not forget that "gibbs" in ancient Greek could be roughly translated into "cut block".

TexanSam
05-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Hurricane season is not a product of mother nature. Alex Gibbs creates hurricanes anytime he farts.

infantrycak
05-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Interesting comment from Brooke Bentley while on 610 am this morning. She said Gibbs contacted Kubiak about a job with the Texans and not the other way around.

Texans_Chick
05-09-2008, 11:10 AM
Interesting comment from Brooke Bentley while on 610 am this morning. She said Gibbs contacted Kubiak about a job with the Texans and not the other way around.

Yeah, I'm going to do a write up on that on the blog.

It was one of the key parts of the speech he gave to folks at the Texans draft luncheon. Both Gibbs and Ray Rhodes contacted the Texans.

Because they wanted to be a part of what is happening here. [goosebumps]

:fans:

Double Barrel
05-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Both Gibbs and Ray Rhodes contacted the Texans.

If that's not a vote of confidence regarding the direction of our franchise, I don't know what is. :texflag:

Hervoyel
05-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Does anyone here remember ever hearing in 5 years (4 playing and the year before the Texans took the field) of someone picking up a phone and calling Dom Capers about getting in on some of the exciting things going on here in Houston?

Maybe Joe Pendry? I don't remember how he landed on our doorstep.

infantrycak
05-09-2008, 01:14 PM
Both Gibbs and Ray Rhodes contacted the Texans.

I thought I heard that but didn't want to put bad info out. Thanks for the follow up.

Guys like this wanting to come work for the Texans is a huge plus sign IMO.

nunusguy
05-09-2008, 05:20 PM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/may/09/try-as-gibbs-might-he-couldnt-sit-idly-by/
He went to a buffalo roundup in South Dakota, took in a few Broadway plays, toured the Smithsonian and London and Chicago and visited what used to be a leper colony in Hawaii.

But none of it matched the excitement and fulfillment of the NFL.

So at 66, Alex Gibbs will be back on the field this week, barking at the Houston Texans' offensive linemen the way he used to bark at guys up and down the trenches in Denver.

ObsiWan
05-10-2008, 04:41 AM
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/may/09/try-as-gibbs-might-he-couldnt-sit-idly-by/
He went to a buffalo roundup in South Dakota, took in a few Broadway plays, toured the Smithsonian and London and Chicago and visited what used to be a leper colony in Hawaii.

So at 66, Alex Gibbs will be back on the field this week, barking at the Houston Texans' offensive linemen the way he used to bark at guys up and down the trenches in Denver.

The park rangers made him leave after a third of the male buffalo were found to be limping from leg whips....

...true story
:D

edo783
05-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Yes, he does exist and because he does we have gravity.

TexansFanatic
05-10-2008, 12:43 PM

There is now nothing but smoke and ash at what was once South Dakota, Broadway, the Smithsonian, London, Chicago, and Hawaii.

It has been theorized that the dinosaurs are extinct due to a giant meteor. That is true, if you consider Alex Gibbs a giant meteor.

Kaiser Toro
05-10-2008, 01:10 PM
God's Fantasy Football team is named "Alex Gibbs is a Prophet."

The Pencil Neck
05-10-2008, 01:10 PM
The greatest trick Alex Gibbs ever pulled was making people believe he didn't exist.

And poof.

You were cut blocked.

ObsiWan
05-10-2008, 02:16 PM
There is now nothing but smoke and ash at what was once South Dakota, Broadway, the Smithsonian, London, Chicago, and Hawaii.

Damn. I liked the Smithsonian.

don't tell Gibbs I said that though

TexansFanatic
05-10-2008, 02:54 PM
Alex Gibbs' favorite vacation was all caught on the family camcorder. It was subsequently released as a feature length movie. It was called "Platoon".

ObsiWan
05-11-2008, 07:44 AM
http://houstontexans.com/uploads/photo/thumbs/7086.jpg
Don't make me come out there rookie!!

TexanSam
05-11-2008, 01:06 PM
Alex Gibbs once climbed Mount Everest in one day. He reached the summit and got so mad he farted and started global warming. He was ticked off that Everest was so easy to climb

TexansFanatic
05-11-2008, 03:15 PM
http://houstontexans.com/uploads/photo/thumbs/7086.jpg
Don't make me come out there rookie!!

Beautiful!
:redtowel:

bigfan77801
05-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Alex Gibbs had a blinking contest w/the sun and won.

Wolf
05-11-2008, 07:48 PM
the shadow knows (or is that Gibbs?)

http://www.shadowsanctum.net/screen/screen_1994/The_Shadow-Mist.jpg

TexansFanatic
05-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Wolf, just thought you should know:

That sig quote actually belongs to George Washington Carver.........
not George Washington.

Hervoyel
05-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Wolf, just thought you should know:

That sig quote actually belongs to George Washington Carver.........
not George Washington.

Alex Gibbs begs to differ. That quote actually belongs to Alex Gibbs and it originally went like this....

"I love to think of an offensive line as an unlimited cut-blocking machine, through which God speaks to us every down of every series"

George Washington Carver stole that line from Alex Gibbs and as payback for stealing and changing his words Gibbs leg whipped the "Carver" right off the end of his name, hence Wolf was correct in the way he spelled it.

In Alex Gibbs world that's the way it goes. If you want to argue about it Coach Gibbs welcomes you onto the field and may the best man win.

I'd back away slowly while apologizing if I were you.

Grid
05-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Yeah, I'm going to do a write up on that on the blog.

It was one of the key parts of the speech he gave to folks at the Texans draft luncheon. Both Gibbs and Ray Rhodes contacted the Texans.

Because they wanted to be a part of what is happening here. [goosebumps]

:fans:

:headbang:

BeerTastesLikeVictory
05-12-2008, 08:15 AM
Alex Gibbs can blow bubbles with beef jerky.

TexansFanatic
05-12-2008, 10:52 AM
George Washington Carver stole that line from Alex Gibbs and as payback for stealing and changing his words Gibbs leg whipped the "Carver" right off the end of his name, hence Wolf was correct in the way he spelled it.

lol:

Brando
05-12-2008, 01:01 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/uploads/photo/thumbs/7073.jpg
photo by Bill Baptist

TexansFanatic
05-12-2008, 01:30 PM

You kids, stay off my lawn!!!

Errant Hothy
05-12-2008, 01:38 PM
photo by Bill Baptist

Can I get an Amen?

Kaiser Toro
05-12-2008, 01:55 PM
photo by Bill Baptist

And on the 4th day, Gibbs created a running attack out of darkness.

HOU-TEX
05-12-2008, 02:13 PM
photo by Bill Baptist

http://politickernj.com/files/images/nixon1974.jpg

GP
05-12-2008, 02:21 PM
http://z.about.com/d/paranormal/1/0/s/A/patterson_bigfoot_lg.jpg

hookinreds
05-12-2008, 02:53 PM
photo by Bill Baptist

It's always important to get the Chicken Dance down early in mini camp.

Texan_Bill
05-12-2008, 03:03 PM
http://www.ax2music.com/images/conductor.jpg

hookinreds
05-12-2008, 03:12 PM

No words necessary with that piece of work. Alex "The Maestro" Gibbs

aj.
05-12-2008, 08:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/aj_texans/seacopy.jpg

TexansFanatic
05-12-2008, 08:16 PM

Outstanding!

ObsiWan
05-12-2008, 08:19 PM

This is the size hole I expect to see when we call a running play. Got it!!?

GP
05-12-2008, 09:14 PM
HE'S ALIVE !!!!

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb40/gpshafer/Gibbs_Elvis.jpg

TexansFanatic
05-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Didn't know this thread could get any better, but it just did. lol:

ObsiWan
05-12-2008, 10:55 PM
does DiapHer know about this thread?

barrett
05-13-2008, 03:19 PM

this is exactly what i saw when i first saw the original picture. he looks like he's conducting a really mean symphony.

D-ReK
05-13-2008, 03:46 PM
this is exactly what i saw when i first saw the original picture. he looks like he's conducting a really mean symphony.

A symphony of destruction, if you will.

TexansFanatic
05-14-2008, 10:35 AM
For most people, home is where the heart is.
For Alex Gibbs, home is where he stores his collection of slaughtered defensive lineman.

ObsiWan
05-14-2008, 02:47 PM
For most people, home is where the heart is.
For Alex Gibbs, home is where he stores his collection of slaughtered defensive lineman.

Doesn't everyone have a trophy room?
:trophy:

False Start
05-14-2008, 07:51 PM
Hannibal Lecter stole his gig from Alex Gibbs . Proof seen here in this old photo of Gibbs when he was committed , after a lineman p!ssed him off !!!!

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/hannibalgibbs600.gif

:heh:

TexansFanatic
05-14-2008, 10:00 PM
Hannibal Lecter stole his gig from Alex Gibbs . Proof seen here in this old photo of Gibbs when he was committed , after a lineman p!ssed him off !!!!

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/hannibalgibbs600.gif

:heh:

lol: Beautiful!

ObsiWan
05-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Apparently its not just us...
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/blogs.asp?blogger_id=16

The legend of assistant head coach Alex Gibbs is developing into mythical proportions. People know about the zone blocking scheme he is installing. They have heard that Gibbs played a huge role in drafting left tackle Duane Brown in the first round. They have caught on to the buzz about Gibbs’ intensity and tough talk during practice.

But the coach hasn’t said one word to the media. It’s almost like he disappears once cameras and digital recorders emerge. Gibbs has told several reporters who follow the Texans closely that he will talk when he is comfortable with Houston’s media.* That time just hasn’t come yet.

* remember what I said about Historians

I wonder what she'd think if she read this thread.
:D

TEXANRED
05-29-2008, 08:43 AM
So if you were to put Chuck Norris and Alex Gibbs into the octagon, who would win?

ObsiWan
05-29-2008, 10:18 AM
So if you were to put Chuck Norris and Alex Gibbs into the octagon, who would win?

Alex Gibbs.
....the student will not surpass the teacher; not in this case.

Hervoyel
05-29-2008, 10:54 AM

Nobody knows but when it's over there won't be enough "sides" of the octagon left to even make a crappy little triangle.

The Pencil Neck
05-29-2008, 05:13 PM

Why do you think that Alex Gibbs isn't Chuck Norris? Have you ever seen them together?

Do you think that's air you're breathing?

Wolf
05-29-2008, 05:24 PM
true PN.. only reason there is oxygen and an atmosphere IS because of Gibbs and when he exhales

For the record and I haven't looked it up , but I think Mr Gibbs is the only person in the world that can legally talk in third person..

TEXANRED
05-31-2008, 03:32 PM
true PN.. only reason there is oxygen and an atmosphere IS because of Gibbs and when he exhales

For the record and I haven't looked it up , but I think Mr Gibbs is the only person in the world that can legally talk in third person..

Can you smell what Alex Gibbs is cooking?

TexansFanatic
05-31-2008, 04:02 PM
Can you smell what Alex Gibbs is cooking?

Alex Gibbs can cook minute rice in 7 seconds.

Big Lou
06-02-2008, 07:10 PM
After extensive research, I have discovered some interestin facts about Alex Gibbs:

The Big Bang was actually Alex Gibbs leg whipping God in the face.

Alex Gibbs invented the Caesarean section when he chop blocked his way out of his monther's womb.

When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Alex Gibbs.

There is no theory of evolution, just a list of creatures Alex Gibbs has not zone blocked.

A man stopped Alex Gibbs on the street and asked him to list 100 Alex Gibbs facts. Unamused, Alex Gibbs raised one eyebrow with such force that the man disintegrated.

Alex Gibbs is the reason why Waldo is hiding.