PDA

View Full Version : No DE to help Mario?

Hook'er
04-27-2008, 04:34 PM
I guess Mario will have to wreck shop by his self agian this year!

TEXANRED
04-27-2008, 04:35 PM
They are counting on Weaver and Cochran.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
04-27-2008, 04:38 PM
They're betting the farm on Okoye making the same leap Mario did in his second season.

RipTraxx
04-27-2008, 04:44 PM
They're betting the farm on Okoye making the same leap Mario did in his second season.

That worries me too.

Hook'er
04-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Maybe N.D. Kalu has 1 more good year in him?

RipTraxx
04-27-2008, 04:47 PM
Maybe N.D. Kalu has 1 more good year in him?

I thought more of cochran then weaver or kalu.

TheRealJoker
04-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Most of all they are hoping an improved secondary will take some pressure off the DL and buy them time to rush the passer.

WesmanTexanfan
04-27-2008, 04:49 PM
I bet they sign an undrafted DE...

Wolf
04-27-2008, 04:50 PM
maybe they are hoping Okam can eat the space to help free up weaver ?

Hook'er
04-27-2008, 04:57 PM
Most of all they are hoping an improved secondary will take some pressure off the DL and buy them time to rush the passer.

How would they expect that, D-rob out most of the year, Bennett hasn't even started a full season, Reeves=Faggins? We draft a small school CB & he probrably won't be able to start till half way through the season, if at all? I think they are banking more on the D line, it's all on Mario!:fans:

TheRealJoker
04-27-2008, 05:00 PM
How would they expect that, D-rob out most of the year, Bennett hasn't even started a full season, Reeves=Faggins? We draft a small school CB & he probrably won't be able to start till half way through the season, if at all? I think they are banking more on the D line, it's all on Mario!:fans:

Demps will start off the season as a starter, CC has improved, Bennett has more experience (all of the young DBs have more experience actually), Reeves is a talent upgrade over Faggins, and Molden is a Bennett clone.

Plus they added Ray Rhodes to help coach them up.

Hook'er
04-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Demps will start off the season as a starter, CC has improved, Bennett has more experience (all of the young DBs have more experience actually), Reeves is a talent upgrade over Faggins, and Molden is a Bennett clone.

Plus they added Ray Rhodes to help coach them up.

I have my fingers crossed Joker!

04-27-2008, 05:10 PM
i've got a feeling we're gonna take our pass rusher early a year from now. just a hunch.

Carr Bombed
04-27-2008, 05:11 PM

Fred Bennett is the real deal regardless of how long he started last season,

Houston is getting a full year from Will Demps.

Reeves is not Faggins, he can actually play solid snaps on a NFL field

and that "small school CB" looks legit. http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/draftguys-tv/profile---antwaun-molden---cb

Carr Bombed
04-27-2008, 05:12 PM
and again..........Houston still has the June 1st cuts to pull through for a DE, it's a second FA period. We haven't even finished adding to our roster before camp starts.

brakos82
04-27-2008, 05:14 PM
I think I might be an upgrade over Faggins... :gun:

04-27-2008, 05:17 PM
I think I might be an upgrade over Faggins... :gun:

i think we finally lose him this year. another original texan is gonna bite the dust... i love it. even though, i loved him for that jacksonville battle red pick six...

still, it's a "what have you done for me lately?" type league. bye bye, petey.

AnthonyE
04-27-2008, 05:36 PM
i think we finally lose him this year. another original texan is gonna bite the dust... i love it. even though, i loved him for that jacksonville battle red pick six...

still, it's a "what have you done for me lately?" type league. bye bye, petey.

Forced fumble at Carolina on kickoff?

What I'm going to miss is seeing that pick-6 poster all over the place at reliant. :(