PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Duane Brown

m5kwatts
04-26-2008, 11:58 PM
We get the left tackle that fits our scheme best and a 3rd rounder, I think realistically speaking we've made out pretty well so far. Now to make the right decisions on those 3rd rounders, which I'm guessing will be corner and running back.

axman40
04-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Welcome to the Texans Mr. Brown, long may you protect the QB!
:fans:

Hook'er
04-27-2008, 12:26 AM
All Defense, I say 2 DB's or CB & DE!

JCTexan
04-27-2008, 12:31 AM
Yes. Welcome to the Houston Texans Duane Brown.

cuppacoffee
04-27-2008, 12:59 AM
Sifted through his profile on the nfl site.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/duane-brown?id=808

Covered all his positives and negatives.

Since he is now our :logo: player, I selected these two sentences from his profile to form my opinion.

"Still a very raw product, but his athletic ability, quickness and frame indicate that he could develop into a special player, if he receives patient coaching."

"A coach that will both light his fire but bring him along slowly while revamping his technique might find gold with Brown. "

History says that Gibbs is that coach..:bowdown:

I just gotta give this regime the benefit of the doubt, they have not disappointed yet..:gotexans1

:coffee:

Honoring Earl 34
04-27-2008, 01:03 AM
He's going #29 here ... I guess it's not quite the reach everyone seems to think .

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft2.html

JCTexan
04-27-2008, 01:10 AM
He's going #29 here ... I guess it's not quite the reach everyone seems to think .

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft2.html

umm... he does say its his 'surprise' pick of round one, and that's 3 picks after we selected him. Not that I don't like the pick, because I believe Gibbs got his man. :fans:

Honoring Earl 34
04-27-2008, 01:14 AM
umm... he does say its his 'surprise' pick of round one, and that's 3 picks after we selected him. Not that I don't like the pick, because I believe Gibbs got his man. :fans:

It does'nt matter ... he was on other folk's radar was'nt he .

JCTexan
04-27-2008, 01:19 AM
It does'nt matter ... he was on other folk's radar was'nt he .

I'm just happy he fits our ZBS, and Gibbs, Smith & Kubiak like him. :)

bah007
04-27-2008, 01:41 AM
Welcome to Houston Mr. Brown.

BSofA04
04-27-2008, 02:12 AM
Welcome to the Texans Duane Brown! As our first round LT selection and Gibb's boy, may you have the coaching tools you need to be a Pro Bowl LT in this league!!!! You have my support.

MEGA SWATT
04-27-2008, 03:10 AM
welcome:wild:

Thorn
04-27-2008, 06:00 AM
Welcome to the Texans Duane Brown! As our first round LT selection and Gibb's boy, may you have the coaching tools you need to be a Pro Bowl LT in this league!!!! You have my support.

Well said.

Welcome Mr. Brown, may you anchor our future Super Bowl O line.

moonmoon
04-27-2008, 07:05 AM
Welcome To Forums!Enjoy your stay here as well!

BSofA04
04-27-2008, 01:11 PM
http://cache.viewimages.com/xc/78203738.jpg?v=1&c=ViewImages&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1937B8C00E1EDBEE48CDF7D7495E577861D 284831B75F48EF45
Duane Brown and Xavier Adibi

adam
04-27-2008, 01:17 PM
I actually like this pick. We desperately need an offensive lineman, and from the looks of it, Brown is very athletic. This bodes well for his chances in the zone blocking system. I think Gibbs will do well with this one.

FILO_girl
04-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Welcome Duane! The loud chick in 523 will be hollering for you. :fans:

Speedy
04-27-2008, 01:51 PM
OK, maybe I missed it, out of the loop, whatever, but does this mean Charles Spencer is done?

Drew_Smoke
04-27-2008, 01:53 PM
We are glad you are here, hoss. Hopefully we'll get to see you on Tuesday.

The Pencil Neck
04-27-2008, 01:55 PM
OK, maybe I missed it, out of the loop, whatever, but does this mean Charles Spencer is done?

No. But IF he comes back, he's probably not going to be the same guy he was before the injury. He's probably going to get kicked inside to play guard... which was his position in college.

Kubiak also said that they had drafted Frye projecting him to kick inside to Guard, too.

So... this is going to be an interesting training camp for our o-line.

adam
04-27-2008, 04:23 PM

What it means is that Richard Smith isn't willing to depend on seriously injured players to return and produce as normal (if they should return at all), as seemed to be the mantra of Casserly. If Spencer wants to play left tackle (or any position for that matter), he's going to have to stay healthy and earn it. Period.

edo783
04-27-2008, 04:45 PM
Kubes said in the video that things were going well with Spencer and that he would be playing, but most likely at guard.

Wolf
04-27-2008, 05:43 PM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5733525.html

The Texans hope to groom Brown to eventually take over for Ephraim Salaam.

Charles Spencer, who started the 2006 season at left tackle, is attempting to return this season after 18 months of rehabilitating a serious knee injury. When Spencer returns, he will start practicing at guard.

"We probably will start with him working inside when he is turned loose to actually go back out there with the team," Kubiak said of Spencer. "There's no doubt in my mind that he can help out our football team, and I think he'll push our starters very, very hard to get on the field."

Brown will be doing the same as he tries to learn the offense and adjust to the speed of the pro game. The Texans realize it may take some time for him to develop into a starter, but they plan to speed the process as quickly as possible.

"We're just very excited to get Duane," Kubiak said. "And obviously, we're calling on him to help this football team very, very early."

OzzO
04-27-2008, 06:08 PM
but did you know this (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=4280) (from the HT site)...

(on his first start at tackle in college against Mario Williams) “I remember that night like it was yesterday. I was two weeks into the position; it was the opener and a night game at NC State. He is a very intimidating figure. I held my own that night and it was the beginning of my transition. Being able to go against him in practice, he is one of the best defensive end in the league. I think practicing against him will be great for me and will help me.”

TheRealJoker
04-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Anyone know Mario's stats in that game?

OzzO
04-27-2008, 06:30 PM
may be homerism (http://www.hokiesports.com/football/recaps/20071227aab.html), but this was noted:

"Starting at right tackle was pretty tough for me at first," Brown said. "They moved me before the NC State game because of Mario Williams. He was a pretty good D-end and a pretty big guy, weighing about 290 pounds. That was my first game and I only had a week and a half to prepare for it, so I was just learning as the season went on. Fortunately, there were a lot of senior leaders in that group so they got me through it."

Brown did much more than 'get through' his debut at right tackle. He did not allow a tackle for loss or a quarterback hurry to Williams, the No. 1 pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, and helped the Hokies open the season with a 20-16 victory in Raleigh, N.C. Brown went on to start the next 12 games that season and was on the field for 673 offensive snaps.