kastofsna
04-26-2008, 12:42 PM
Michael Smith, specifically.

TheRealJoker
04-26-2008, 12:54 PM
If Michael Smith says it then it must be true :goodpost:

edo783
04-26-2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah, Smith isn't you regular talking head BS artist, so it is most likely true.

04-26-2008, 12:57 PM
smart pick.

GuerillaBlack
04-26-2008, 01:08 PM
Smart pick by the Rams. Glad Chris Long won't be coming into the AFC.

TheRealJoker
04-26-2008, 01:10 PM
Big Pappa Smith may have been a part of an elaborate smokescreen if the Ravens trade for Ryan is true...

kastofsna
04-26-2008, 01:11 PM
i really don't think there's many teams that will trade a bunch to move up and take Ryan, and then pay him a ridiculous amount.

GuerillaBlack
04-26-2008, 01:18 PM
Smart pick by the Rams. Glad Chris Long won't be coming into the AFC.

kastofsna
04-26-2008, 01:21 PM
i forgot that Cam Cameron is the new OC of Baltimore. if he has any input, i don't see him taking Ryan.

threetoedpete
04-26-2008, 01:22 PM
i really don't think there's many teams that will trade a bunch to move up and take Ryan, and then pay him a ridiculous amount.

They'd ( Baltimore) would have to put up their one and two this draft and one and three for '09 or player(s). Prety steep price. Their '08 3 is compensatory and can't be traded. I don't think they have the ammo to do it.

Ryan
04-26-2008, 01:26 PM
I don't think Matt Ryan would be worth the price for the Ravens. Someone like Brohm, Henne, or Flacco in the 2nd would be alot more sensible.

Ole Miss Texan
04-26-2008, 01:48 PM
I've thought all along Chris Long would be the pick for St. Louis (once Jake was signed).

Dorsey just isn't a fit for St. Louis like he's not a fit in Miami (am I correct in thinking that?)

I also think Atlanta would like to have Matt Ryan but that they are overplaying it on purpose. I think they want Glenn Dorsey first and foremost. The Rams most likely will take Chris Long so ATL can have Dorsey. If they were announcing they wanted Dorsey, another team most likely would be talking to St. Louis to trade up for Dorsey. Even IF Baltimore trades up for Ryan, ATL laughs all the way to the podium and takes Dorsey.

I guess we'll all see here in about 20 minutes!! just my guesses though.

kastofsna
04-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Dorsey only doesn't fit in St. Louis because of Carriker, but that could be remedied.

TheRealJoker
04-26-2008, 01:54 PM
Dorsey only doesn't fit in St. Louis because of Carriker, but that could be remedied.

I dont see why, St. Louis is a 4-3 team so they'd be on the field at the same time right? I mean Jacksonville had a very good defense anchored by Stroud and Henderson, the Vikings are a run stuffing dynamo with the two guys named Williams.

Honoring Earl 34
04-26-2008, 01:57 PM
I dont see why, St. Louis is a 4-3 team so they'd be on the field at the same time right? I mean Jacksonville had a very good defense anchored by Stroud and Henderson, the Vikings are a run stuffing dynamo with the two guys named Williams.

You make a team predictable when you take something away .

Ole Miss Texan
04-26-2008, 02:20 PM
I've thought all along Chris Long would be the pick for St. Louis (once Jake was signed).

Dorsey just isn't a fit for St. Louis like he's not a fit in Miami (am I correct in thinking that?)

I also think Atlanta would like to have Matt Ryan but that they are overplaying it on purpose. I think they want Glenn Dorsey first and foremost. The Rams most likely will take Chris Long so ATL can have Dorsey. If they were announcing they wanted Dorsey, another team most likely would be talking to St. Louis to trade up for Dorsey. Even IF Baltimore trades up for Ryan, ATL laughs all the way to the podium and takes Dorsey.

I guess we'll all see here in about 20 minutes!! just my guesses though.

Didn't I mean to say ATL would actually pick Matt Ryan? Whoops..