PDA

View Full Version : Manningham's awesome wonderlic score

drewmar74
04-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Ummmmmmm... a six is good, right? I mean, Vince scored a six so it has to be a bangin' wonderlic score.

According to PFT:

Somehow, we missed this one.

But it’s better never than late. Or something.

A reader pointed out to us today a list of Wonderlic scores showing Michigan receiver Mario Manningham generating a Vince Young-style six on the test.

A six. Out of 50.

We checked with a league source who has access to the numbers and, lo and behold, Manningham indeed got a six.

For the former Michigan receiver, it’s another glob of lard that will grease his slide to the second day of the draft. Other knocks on Manningham include a sssslow time in the 40 and a failure to admit during interviews at the Scouting Combine the fact that he failed at least one marijuana test in college.

Manningham thereafter wrote a letter to all teams apologizing for his prevarication (thanks, Tiki). But maybe Manningham merely should have explained the falsehood by pointing out, “What did you guys expect? I got a six on the Wonderlic.”

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Polo
04-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Maybe the Titans will have a go at him in the fourth rd...

Honoring Earl 34
04-25-2008, 12:56 PM

Looks like a batting practice fastball right down the middle .

Silver Oak
04-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Michigan needs to hire some of the PR guys that UT has on the payroll. I recall when vy's score was released, you would have swore the nations nuclear codes had been compromised!

El Tejano
04-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Hopefully other teams let him slip so far we can pick him up with a late pick. Ha Ha Ha!

He and Vince will be good together.

Dread-Head
04-25-2008, 02:26 PM
(to the tune of Liniz's "I got five on it.")

" I got six on it! It's a shame I can't read.
I got six on it! Smokin' too much endo weed.

I got six on it! 'Cause my schoolin' sho is jacked
I got six on it! But I'm a kick-@ss quarterback!"

Errant Hothy
04-25-2008, 02:27 PM
What's sad is that most agents give these kids multiple practice wonderlic's and there are rumors that some agents even have copies of the various versions of the test.

Lucky
04-25-2008, 02:48 PM
What's sad is that most agents give these kids multiple practice wonderlic's and there are rumors that some agents even have copies of the various versions of the test.
I've heard that. Which may help explain Manningham's low score, as he was between agents at the combine.

Spled
04-25-2008, 04:19 PM
6 means you can read Richie Rich and Casper the Friendly Ghost comic books without help.

Texaninlild
04-25-2008, 04:39 PM

Why, so Vince will feel better about his scores?

stingray
04-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Dexter Manley couldn't read and he turned out OK.

edo783
04-25-2008, 04:47 PM
It's a 4 guess type of test. Just random answers should get better than a 6.

CoastalTexan
04-25-2008, 10:16 PM
I took the test for a job, I took my time to ensure my answers were correct and I answered 31. You get 12 minutes for 50 questions and almost no one finishes. It's basic math, vocabulary, and concentration. No one should get under a 20 if you spent any time in a college classroom. If you get to see a sample test beforehand you should cherry pick the quicker questions and do better as well. It's pathetic that some of these guys get this low of a score.

The1ApplePie
04-26-2008, 11:25 AM
A wideout with low IQ? Say it ain't so:smiliedance:

bah007
04-26-2008, 11:27 AM
A wideout with low IQ? Say it ain't so:smiliedance:

LOL. That comment just about sums up WRs in the NFL today.