PDA

View Full Version : Draft Weekend

Andrew6
04-24-2008, 08:42 AM
Is anyone but me getting excited? Its the first step of the season. I wonder if we'll trade down, trade someone for more picks, Just sooooo many things that can happen. WOOO HOOO

Vinny
04-24-2008, 08:48 AM
I'm pretty geeked.....getting my draft day eggrolls ready for some draft day munchin'....and I'm not even joking about that.

Kaiser Toro
04-24-2008, 08:57 AM
I will be that guy on the ESPN commercial in a wedding trying to keep up with the draft the whole weekend. :texflag:

Polo
04-24-2008, 08:59 AM
What time does the draft start again ?

Errant Hothy
04-24-2008, 08:59 AM
I'm pretty geeked.....getting my draft day eggrolls ready for some draft day munchin'....and I'm not even joking about that.

I go with the traditional pizza rolls.

I've decieded I do not like the new draft schedule, but it does let me go to my oldest's game in the morning and not miss anything; so it worked out great this year.

HOU-TEX
04-24-2008, 09:01 AM

I've been watching what I eat lately and it's seems like it's been a year since I've had pizza and wings. Well, I fully intend on choking down some wings come Saturday. IMO, the late start is sortof beneficial. I can prepare my grub and stuff my face while watching the talking heads run around like chickens with their heads cut off rather than taking a chance on missing something in the draft.

I'll be fat and sassy come draft time. :whip:

HOU-TEX
04-24-2008, 09:02 AM
What time does the draft start again ?

2pm

Dean 74
04-24-2008, 09:05 AM
so we'll pick around 5pm?

Kaiser Toro
04-24-2008, 09:07 AM
so we'll pick around 5pm?

17 picks at a 10 minute max per, is ten minutes short of 3 hours. I will have my crackberry working right around 4:30.

Vinny
04-24-2008, 09:07 AM
I've been watching what I eat lately and it's seems like it's been a year since I've had pizza and wings. Well, I fully intend on choking down some wings come Saturday. IMO, the late start is sortof beneficial. I can prepare my grub and stuff my face while watching the talking heads run around like chickens with their heads cut off rather than taking a chance on missing something in the draft.

I'll be fat and sassy come draft time. :whip: my diet is out the window this weekend too. I have the vinny special recipe eggrolls with the smaller skins. Ancient Chinese secret stuff.

I don't know who rolled the draft back to 2pm but football fans want a noon kickoff....who doesn't know this?

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule?selectedDate=04/26/2008&field=selectedDate (all times are Eastern).

SheTexan
04-24-2008, 09:09 AM
As usual, I have to be in about three different places at the same time on Sat. Dance competition for the granddaughters, baseball for the grandboys, and the Texans draft, all at the same time. Maybe I'll just decide to sleep in!!:texflag: Wake up Sunday morning and find my grandkids have all had successful competitions, and the Texans have had another GREAT draft! I'm gettin to old and tired for all this!! Sleep sounds like the thing to do!!!:shetexan:

Brando
04-24-2008, 09:09 AM
Yeah I'm ready for the draft. Look forward to it every year like it's a holiday. What makes it a little more exciting this year is we are all the way down at 18 and we don't know who might be there.

Kaiser Toro
04-24-2008, 09:11 AM
my diet is out the window this weekend too. I have the vinny special recipe eggrolls with the smaller skins. Ancient Chinese secret stuff.

I don't know who rolled the draft back to 2pm but football fans want a noon kickoff....who doesn't know this?

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule?selectedDate=04/26/2008&field=selectedDate (all times are Eastern).

More packageable pre-draft programming equals more advertising dollars and/or maybe it was requested by the teams to have extra time before the draft since they have less time to make their picks.

I have not seen or looked for the rationale, but those would be my first guesses.

Porky
04-24-2008, 09:12 AM
I think I'll roll with the NFL network coverage this year for a change. But I have noticed Casserly playing an ever larger role on that network the last couple of weeks. If he is on too much, I may have have to go back to Mel bighair.

I'm throwing my diet out the window too. It's all about pizza and junk food for me this weekend.

Dallas_Texan
04-24-2008, 09:18 AM
Did anyone else see that Sat. will only be the first two rounds this year? The last four will be Sunday. I'm kind of glad, b/c I will be playing golf in a tournament tomorrow, so I'll only miss the first round....I'll have a radio of course though!!

ChampionTexan
04-24-2008, 09:22 AM
I think I'll roll with the NFL network coverage this year for a change. But I have noticed Casserly playing an ever larger role on that network the last couple of weeks. If he is on too much, I may have have to go back to Mel bighair.

I'm throwing my diet out the window too. It's all about pizza and junk food for me this weekend.

I like seeing Casserly on NFLN. Every time I see him, it reminds me that he's not working for us anymore!

Brando
04-24-2008, 09:29 AM
I like seeing Casserly on NFLN. Every time I see him, it reminds me that he's not working for us anymore!

Same here. He was on yesterday explaining "reaching" for a player. Fortunatley for us he is doing it for the NFL Network.

HOU-TEX
04-24-2008, 09:30 AM
my diet is out the window this weekend too. I have the vinny special recipe eggrolls with the smaller skins. Ancient Chinese secret stuff.

I love eggrolls too. Although, I don't think I've had any homeade before. My local grocery store carries a brand that I've taken a liking to.

Well, at least we'll get about 7-8 hours of more draft speculation and mocks from the asshats.:)

edo783
04-24-2008, 09:37 AM
I will be downing a boatload of wings (might be a beer or three with them) that I will pickup from BW3 with my sons best friend and we will have my son on speaker phone from Ankorage Alaska. Should be an interesting situation as my two grand daughters are at the stage were they want to be with dad a lot. He will have his hands full I expect.

bckey
04-24-2008, 09:56 AM
I'll be at our annual draft party here in Corpus Christi. Brisket, sausage, chicken wings, carne guisada, charro beans, queso and sausage dip and whatever else people bring. Yeah, I think my diet is out the window this weekend. Oh and Yeungling Amber Lager.

Hey Vinny. You ever try lumpia? Pretty close to an egg roll. I buy homemade ones here and they are sure good. We had about 200 at last years draft party. Good eating.

Malloy
04-24-2008, 10:17 AM
I'll be at a party here in Denmark, problem is, how the hell do I get the tv on at 11:30pm to watch the Texans select while people are going crazy around me.

At least there will be plenty of beer! :)

Tedc
04-24-2008, 10:17 AM

Hey, bring some to the tailgate!!

bigbrewster2000
04-24-2008, 10:37 AM
I am hosting my 3rd Draft Party and will be changing the menu from home made chicken tenders to my home made chili. Probably ready by noon but will get better as the day goes on. Might have to play madden or something til the draft starts.

HOU-TEX
04-24-2008, 10:42 AM
I am hosting my 3rd Draft Party and will be changing the menu from home made chicken tenders to my home made chili. Probably ready by noon but will get better as the day goes on. Might have to play madden or something til the draft starts.

Or you could always have an 'Indian leg wrestling' competition. Just make sure there aren't any breakables around. It used to get a little violent around our house. I've got 3 older brothers which all played offensive or defensive line. Needless to say, I used to get thrown around alot. :cool:

HoustonFrog
04-24-2008, 10:45 AM

Nice. I already told my wife I would be useless for 2 days. It really is one of my favorite weekends. I watch all day Saturday. 10 minutes is nice between picks too.

IlliniJen
04-24-2008, 10:48 AM
Our draft day party consists of Rock Band, poker, Rock Band, Rock Band, Rock Band, oh, did we draft yet, Rock Band, Rock Band, poker, and more Rock Band. And some food here and there.

texasguy346
04-24-2008, 10:52 AM

I'll be watching it on NFLN too. I'm willing to give them a try this year as I can only imagine that ESPN will have Kiper & McShay squabbling back and forth. If Matt Ryan does fall past Baltimore at pick 8 I might switch over to ESPN to see Kiper's reaction as he said he'll retire if Ryan falls past the Ravens.

bigbrewster2000
04-24-2008, 11:00 AM
Or you could always have an 'Indian leg wrestling' competition. Just make sure there aren't any breakables around. It used to get a little violent around our house. I've got 3 older brothers which all played offensive or defensive line. Needless to say, I used to get thrown around alot. :cool:
Yeah, breakables, dogs and small spaces equal no wrestling of any kind. If not Madden then Call of Duty 4 for sure.

Andrew6
04-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Yeah, breakables, dogs and small spaces equal no wrestling of any kind. If not Madden then Call of Duty 4 for sure.

call of duty 4 is probably the best game ever. I quit playing madden when it came out. If you have xbox 360 my user name is : mrANDERSON6

El Tejano
04-24-2008, 11:15 AM
Pork Belly roast will start marinating at 8pm, and should be ready by 4pm for dinner and my Houston Texans up for selection at 18 will be a nice desert.

BigBull17
04-24-2008, 11:22 AM
What channel is it gonna be on?

HOU-TEX
04-24-2008, 11:29 AM
What channel is it gonna be on?

NFLN will have the best coverage, IMO. The other channel (espn) will have it on as well. They just can't compete with Schefter, Mayock, Eison, etc. NFLN's the way to go.:cool:

nunusguy
04-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Yeah I'm ready for the draft. Look forward to it every year like it's a holiday. What makes it a little more exciting this year is we are all the way down at 18 and we don't know who might be there.
That's the schedule - at this time. And that's the only pick we are "scheduled" to make tomorrow since they are only having 2 rounds on Saturday this year and the Texans don't have a 2nd round pick - at this time.
But if the Texans get into a trade which involves a pick or picks in the first 2 rounds, the tomorrows schedule at this time will change. Just a little caveat on the Texans schedule for tomorrow.

TigerV1
04-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Is anyone but me getting excited? Its the first step of the season. I wonder if we'll trade down, trade someone for more picks, Just sooooo many things that can happen. WOOO HOOO

I am pumped. I am heading up to Dallas for my 5th annual draft get together. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers as I enter Cowboy territory for the draft. I will be the lone Texans fan.

Lots of food, fun, and drinks (homemade Long Island Iced teas are NOT on the menu this year...for various reasons).

TigerV1
04-24-2008, 12:36 PM
Nice. I already told my wife I would be useless for 2 days. It really is one of my favorite weekends. I watch all day Saturday. 10 minutes is nice between picks too.

Yeah, but the loss of the third round on day one of the draft sucks. Last year's first round was rough though so the ten minutes between picks will be good.

Thorn
04-24-2008, 12:56 PM
Depending on if I work this weekend or not, I might be having a shot of Jack during the draft. Or, I could be watching on the internet while at work.

TexanSam
04-24-2008, 01:13 PM
What time does the draft start?

HOU-TEX
04-24-2008, 01:18 PM
What time does the draft start?

2pm Central

bigbrewster2000
04-24-2008, 01:22 PM
call of duty 4 is probably the best game ever. I quit playing madden when it came out. If you have xbox 360 my user name is : mrANDERSON6

sweet, I will write that down. Sucks I just went home for lunch and was playing. PimpSlapSon is my gamer tag. Yes it is probably the best game I have ever played. We may have a little 1v1 tourney until the clock strikes 2.

TexanSam
04-24-2008, 01:33 PM
2pm Central

I wish I had asked for Saturday off from work

ubecool454
04-24-2008, 01:37 PM
I'll be at our annual draft party here in Corpus Christi. Brisket, sausage, chicken wings, carne guisada, charro beans, queso and sausage dip and whatever else people bring. Yeah, I think my diet is out the window this weekend. Oh and Yeungling Amber Lager.

Hey Vinny. You ever try lumpia? Pretty close to an egg roll. I buy homemade ones here and they are sure good. We had about 200 at last years draft party. Good eating.

do you have a good recipe for that carne guisada?

HOU-TEX
04-24-2008, 01:46 PM

Sick day??

badboy
04-24-2008, 02:19 PM
At first I was disappointed at the late start, but remembered the mess I made with chili dogs two years ago, when some unknown (to me) named Demeco Ryans was drafted ahead of LT of the future Eric Winston. And then the bigger insult was Charles Spencer going with the first pick in third round. Lord, I'm trying to stop cussin and Kubiac was not helping. Two valuable lessons learned. 1. Food like chili dogs (or other flying objects)should not be in my hands on draft day and 2) Kubes has everything under control. I will have my meal consumed prior to 2nd pick in first round. I still like chili dogs and sorta like that unknown Demeco guy. How has he turned out anyway? j/k

TexanSam
04-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Sick day??

Maybe. But I can never sit down and watch the entire draft anyway. I'll follow it online though. I get off at 5 so I don't know if the Texans will have picked yet anyway.

bigbrewster2000
04-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Maybe. But I can never sit down and watch the entire draft anyway. I'll follow it online though. I get off at 5 so I don't know if the Texans will have picked yet anyway.

I wouuld say worst case scenario, the will have picked 30 minutes before you get off, and best case 30 minutes after but I bet they pick between 430 and 530.

dc_txtech
04-24-2008, 04:33 PM

I'm working til 5 also. But I have a plan. At about 1:45 my I will receive a phone call from my girlfriend, should go something like this

"Hey babe whats up. No way, are you serious. Are you alright? Ok calm down I will be there as quick as I can."

Then I tell everyone my girlfriend got in a minor car accident and I have to go.

SUCKERS!

Nawzer
04-24-2008, 04:37 PM
I'll be working from 9am-1pm on Saturday. So it works out for me. I'll probably not watch the whole thing because it's too long. But yeah it's super exciting!

ATXtexanfan
04-24-2008, 05:10 PM
i requested the weekend off and took vacation the first week of december (jags), been chillin' with the same 4 dudes for like 6 yrs on draft weekend and we've played fantasy for years

vtech9
04-24-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm working til 5 also. But I have a plan. At about 1:45 my I will receive a phone call from my girlfriend, should go something like this

"Hey babe whats up. No way, are you serious. Are you alright? Ok calm down I will be there as quick as I can."

Then I tell everyone my girlfriend got in a minor car accident and I have to go.

SUCKERS!

not a good idea...ya never know, one of your co-workers might occasionally visit the boards. Is your job worth it? Besides, with a car accident, everyone will be asking you about it for awhile afterwards.

JWarren14
04-24-2008, 05:20 PM
[QUOTE=bckey;901432] Oh and Yeungling Amber Lager. [QUOTE] I love Yeungling! Last year I had 2 kegs and 1,000 jell-o shots for draft day/rockets game. Needless to say we partied all day. Unfortunately since I graduated from college last year I have to tone it down a little so I am going the cuban hamburgers/bud select/crown royal xr....I cant wait though this whole weekend is going to be sweeeet.:splits:

Thorn
04-25-2008, 06:56 AM
It's Friday! Tomorrow is The Day!

The Draft will finally be here. We will at last have something new and interesting to argue over. LOL

Texan Asylum
04-25-2008, 07:13 AM

Wish I was in town to enjoy some of those! :fans:

Mr. White
04-25-2008, 07:40 AM
I haven't checked yet, but if Casserly is on NFLN, then I'm out. The only way I'll watch it is if Mayock or somebody else is giving him hell.

I watched it on NFLN last year so I didn't have to watch Kiper on ESPN. Turns out I made a mistake when I switched over during a commercial break only to see Keyshawn Johnson arguing with Kiper and it was pretty obvious that he was irritating the hell out of Kiper.

Keyshawn=Great TV.

hobie
04-25-2008, 07:52 AM

SUCKERS!

Wouldn't do it - Karma is a real Mother ********* !!

Maddict5
04-25-2008, 08:12 AM
not a good idea...ya never know, one of your co-workers might occasionally visit the boards. Is your job worth it? Besides, with a car accident, everyone will be asking you about it for awhile afterwards.

yeah dont go with a car crash... just go to work and start developing a migraine.. fake migraines are undetectable/great:thisbig:

HoustonFrog
04-25-2008, 08:14 AM
Mowed the yard last night so that is out of the way for draft day.

Maddict5
04-25-2008, 08:14 AM
I haven't checked yet, but if Casserly is on NFLN, then I'm out. The only way I'll watch it is if Mayock or somebody else is giving him hell.

I watched it on NFLN last year so I didn't have to watch Kiper on ESPN. Turns out I made a mistake when I switched over during a commercial break only to see Keyshawn Johnson arguing with Kiper and it was pretty obvious that he was irritating the hell out of Kiper.

Keyshawn=Great TV.

the only way il switch from NFLN is if schefter keeps giving us the 'scoops' on who the next pick is... i hate that- it kills the suspense

HOU-TEX
04-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Mowed the yard last night so that is out of the way for draft day.

Kinda off-topic, but....Dude, the wife and I get back to the house from our daily 40 min walk and see the kids sitting out front of the house. It turns out a copper fitting to our guest bathtub had bursted. Thank God my son was smart enough to kill the water before it really did some damage.

Long story short, I had to cut out about a 4' X 4' section of sheetrock due to saturation, then repair the fitting. Me, knowing there's the NFL draft beginning Saturday, tells the wife "we're going to have to let this dry out for a few days before I can put new sheetrock on". She then gives me sort of a sideways glare and says......."you're right". I about passed out, because we dudes are never right. Right?

Anywho, I'll probably get started on the repairs Sunday evening. :cool:

HoustonFrog
04-25-2008, 08:49 AM
Kinda off-topic, but....Dude, the wife and I get back to the house from our daily 40 min walk and see the kids sitting out front of the house. It turns out a copper fitting to our guest bathtub had bursted. Thank God my son was smart enough to kill the water before it really did some damage.

Long story short, I had to cut out about a 4' X 4' section of sheetrock due to saturation, then repair the fitting. Me, knowing there's the NFL draft beginning Saturday, tells the wife "we're going to have to let this dry out for a few days before I can put new sheetrock on". She then gives me sort of a sideways glare and says......."you're right". I about passed out, because we dudes are never right. Right?

Anywho, I'll probably get started on the repairs Sunday evening. :cool:

Nice work!!!:). We are never right. My wife is still asking me too many questions about the lawn color. I ferlilized last week and now some of the grass is coming in darker and it is giving the backyard a striped effects....which goes away when it all starts growing together for summer. She just keeps asking me about it like I did something wrong....anyways....I think I just have cutting some bushes and pulling up some weeds tomorrow morning now.......then I'll hide for the draft. Which is fine with her because she and the baby can catch up on Gilmore Girls and nap.

HOU-TEX
04-25-2008, 09:13 AM
Nice work!!!:). We are never right. My wife is still asking me too many questions about the lawn color. I ferlilized last week and now some of the grass is coming in darker and it is giving the backyard a striped effects....which goes away when it all starts growing together for summer. She just keeps asking me about it like I did something wrong....anyways....I think I just have cutting some bushes and pulling up some weeds tomorrow morning now.......then I'll hide for the draft. Which is fine with her because she and the baby can catch up on Gilmore Girls and nap.

LMAO! I've gotten the ole striped lawn thing myself. I used a plastic flower pot with the drain holes at the bottom to disperse the fertilizer around the yard. She didn't like it, so I had to go buy a fertilizer'er. When it did the same thing......I was still blamed for it.:thinking:

HoustonFrog
04-25-2008, 09:20 AM
LMAO! I've gotten the ole striped lawn thing myself. I used a plastic flower pot with the drain holes at the bottom to disperse the fertilizer around the yard. She didn't like it, so I had to go buy a fertilizer'er. When it did the same thing......I was still blamed for it.:thinking:

Yeah, I have the push spreader but the spinning spreader was a little wet and it was sticking so the spreading wasn't as even. I'm not telling her that but.....oh well. Its all good :) Nothing I can do now...well until after the draft.

badboy
04-25-2008, 10:51 AM

Anywho, I'll probably get started on the repairs Sunday evening. :cool:Hou-Tex, you are being set up. It is written in a woman's DNA that men are never right. You will be reminded of this in the near future. May the force be with you.

HOU-TEX
04-25-2008, 11:01 AM
Hou-Tex, you are being set up. It is written in a woman's DNA that men are never right. You will be reminded of this in the near future. May the force be with you.

I've been asking her for the past few days what she was going to do this weekend. You know, trying to emphasize that I wanted alone time for the draft. She's yet to answer, so you might be right. :thinking:

Norg
04-25-2008, 11:43 AM
HOpefully we get a defense player first round

and then a OL men the 2nd round

if not i will be like WTF !!!!

Thorn
04-25-2008, 11:50 AM
umm....where are we getting that 2nd round pick from?

I'd hope for a LT first, or else then a safety or CB, then a defensive lineman or LB as far as what I want them to get in the first round.

badboy
04-25-2008, 12:01 PM
I've been asking her for the past few days what she was going to do this weekend. You know, trying to emphasize that I wanted alone time for the draft. She's yet to answer, so you might be right. :thinking:I'm thinking a restaurant with one of her girlfriends with a quick trip to buy an outfit and of course new shoes and possibly something sparkly and expensive for her neck and or ears? All this of course on your credit card. It's times like this that I am glad I am single. I am still wrong but no one rubs it in.:specnatz:

Overalls
04-25-2008, 12:02 PM
umm....where are we getting that 2nd round pick from?

I'd hope for a LT first, or else then a safety or CB, then a defensive lineman or LB as far as what I want them to get in the first round.

I have been trying to get the Texans to trade down in the first round the last couple of years and get an O-lineman, but they never read the boards and listen to me. So it is safe to say we are not getting an O-lineman in the first round this year either because I really wouldn't mind it if they did. So it is also a safe bet that if that kid Godfrey (I think), the DB from my old highschool is around in the 3rd, he won't be picked by us either.

So anyway I think we won't get an O-lineman in the 1st or a DB in the 3rd because that is what I want and they never listen to me.

However I could live with a DB in the 1st and an O-lineman in the 3rd.

but maybe they will replace Weaver and give us bookend DEs,

Or maybe one of the top RBs will drop to us and we won't have to rely on two broke down RBs as our starters.

I am soooooo confused. I almost feel like a Titans fan.

Thorn
04-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Dang them Texans, they never do what I want them to do either. :wild:

ObsiWan
04-25-2008, 12:44 PM
..."wife"...?
:thinking:

oh yeah....
I had one of those a while back.

valleytexfan
04-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Same here...we're having the traditional South Texas barbecue on Sunday:

brisket, ribs, chicken, fajitas, sausage, homemade flour tortillas

On Saturday, since I have to work, we're gonna make our famous queso dip with rotel and jimmy dean sausage! Yes we can watch the draft at work! :texflag:

Here's to another good draft, ladies and gents! :texflag:

TexanSam
04-25-2008, 01:24 PM
On Saturday, since I have to work, we're gonna make our famous queso dip with rotel and jimmy dean sausage! Yes we can watch the draft at work! :texflag:

I want to work where you work. At least for tomorrow!

badboy
04-25-2008, 02:02 PM
..."wife"...?
:thinking:

oh yeah....
I had one of those a while back.
UH, DID YOU MISPLACE HER?

The Pencil Neck
04-25-2008, 04:10 PM
I told my wife MONTHS ago that these next two days are sacrosanct and untouchable. She tried to plan something. I told her no. She's going out with her friends and I get to watch the draft.

She did find us good tickets for the Cowboy preseason game. :fans:

But I also told her that I was fine with us going on vacation as long as we didn't miss any regular season games. She scheduled our trip to Italy... and I'm going to miss opening day.

:gun:

In the words of GnR, I used to love her but I had to kill her.

TexanSam
04-25-2008, 07:14 PM
So does anyone know if there's a site that will let me watch the draft from the computer?

Andrew6
04-25-2008, 07:24 PM
probably a lil off topic but, we're wanting to come early for the tailgating but our grill is kinda old to bring in the back of the pick up. Anyone got a grill we can toss some stuff on or anyone having a party type deal we can just give cash to to get in?

Brando
04-25-2008, 07:42 PM
By this time tomorrow we will have our newest addition to the team.:doot:

SheTexan
04-25-2008, 07:58 PM
By this time tomorrow we will have our newest addition to the team.:doot:

I wonder if that NEW ADDITION has any idea how excited all us Texan fans will be tomorrow. Dude better have his bags packed and ready to head to Houston, with a HUGE smile on his face!!:winky:

Thorn
04-25-2008, 08:08 PM
I anticipate being up working (from home) until about 3AM if not longer. But a quick nap and Iíll be ready for tomorrow. At this time tomorrow weíll have all our first day picks to talk about. I canít wait.

ChampionTexan
04-25-2008, 08:11 PM
So does anyone know if there's a site that will let me watch the draft from the computer?

NLFN's coverage is simulcast on NFL.com

kiwitexansfan
04-25-2008, 09:08 PM
My home internet connection has not been set up after moving house during the weak, the draft is not on TV and I'm not working so can't watch it from work.

My favourite day of the sporting year and I am out of the loop.

Hating this.

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

edo783
04-25-2008, 09:14 PM
My home internet connection has not been set up after moving house during the weak, the draft is not on TV and I'm not working so can't watch it from work.

My favourite day of the sporting year and I am out of the loop.

Hating this.

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall:

That sucks Kiwi. Do you have a portable with WiFi built in or an antenna? If so, go to a place with free WiFi. If not, I'm not sure if in NZ the libraries have internet, but that's worth a try. Cyber cafe's could work, but they aren't free. Just some thoughts.

kiwitexansfan
04-25-2008, 09:17 PM
That sucks Kiwi. Do you have a portable with WiFi built in or an antenna? If so, go to a place with free WiFi. If not, I'm not sure if in NZ the libraries have internet, but that's worth a try. Cyber cafe's could work, but they aren't free. Just some thoughts.

We do have WIFI but there aren't so many places that have it unsecured here.

Plus its Sunday so I have church, with the later start that puts the start time right when my kids are just waking up, my house is chaos and it is my only day off out of 12 and the wife needs some TLC.

I think I will have to call Roger Goodall and get him to reschedule.

Hail_Schaub
04-26-2008, 01:16 AM

I'll choose this for my FIRST post -- stuck in LA all I heard a few years ago was Bush this and Bush that - so every year I dread tomorrow a little cause it always gets brought back up.

Well, not this year!

I am totally cranked up for this - and I think the Texans are in good position to do a few thigns in the first round - including finally get some pieces to the Oline.

Looking forward to some good picks tomorrow!
:fans:

vtech9
04-26-2008, 01:27 AM
I'll choose this for my FIRST post -- stuck in LA all I heard a few years ago was Bush this and Bush that - so every year I dread tomorrow a little cause it always gets brought back up.

Well, not this year!

I am totally cranked up for this - and I think the Texans are in good position to do a few thigns in the first round - including finally get some pieces to the Oline.

Looking forward to some good picks tomorrow!
:fans:

Welcome to the boards. Several members of the message boards have gotten an MMO fantasy football team going if you would like to check it out. Read the following thread if you want to know more about it. Just click on the link.

The Texanstalk Team on GLB (MMO RPG) (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=903419#post903419)

Tedc
04-26-2008, 06:26 AM
probably a lil off topic but, we're wanting to come early for the tailgating but our grill is kinda old to bring in the back of the pick up. Anyone got a grill we can toss some stuff on or anyone having a party type deal we can just give cash to to get in?

Are you kidding?

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48204

hobie
04-26-2008, 07:30 AM
Are you kidding?

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48204

Exactly.....just come with your stuff, you'll be taken care of.