PDA

View Full Version : ESPN McShay's 7 Round Mock Draft

Texans34Life
04-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Texans -

18. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, CB - Tenn. St.
79. Matt Forte, RB - Tulane
118. Darrell Robertson, DE - Georgia Tech
151. Eric Young, G - Tennessee
223. Reggie Corner, CB - Akron

What do you guys think? I like the 1st 2 picks....not sure who the others are.

I'm also surprised he didn't pick a Left OT for us.

Errant Hothy
04-23-2008, 05:43 PM
Robertson is a guy who could go either 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB. Speed rusher, although probably more agile then fast.

Young is a quick footed OG, who PFW states would be perfect for a sone scheme

Corner is a bit small, decent speed but not that physical. Concerns about his intellegence.

I happened to have a draft mag at hand.

kastofsna
04-23-2008, 05:48 PM
who does he have the Dolphins taking?

mussop
04-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Texans -

Any draft that has us taking Forte is OK in my book. Like Cromartie & Young too.

stingray
04-23-2008, 06:07 PM
who does he have the Dolphins taking?

This mock draft is crap.. He has the dolphins taking Jake Long in the first. What a moron......

ChampionTexan
04-23-2008, 06:14 PM
Texans -

I'm guessing that any archived '07 draft grades done by McShay are for "insiders" only, but it would be interesting to see if he (like oh so many folks) ripped the Texans for not addressing the OLT situation.

I'm okay with both the picks individually, but not so much as a pairing. I think this is the year to address OLT with a first day pick (Which for this purpose, I'm still defining as rounds 1-3, even though I know that's not correct anymore). I realize that the FO has to be convinced of the value of the pick, but I'm really hoping that they see an OLT of appropriate value with our 1st or 3rd - even if it means picking up a RB in Rd. 4 or later.

Ole Miss Texan
04-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Texans -

That's actually an incredible draft for us. Even going back and cherry picking (knowing what players go where) I wouldn't change a single pick, not a single one.

With that said, there is absolutely no way Forte falls to us in the 3rd round.

Maddict5
04-24-2008, 06:23 AM
That's actually an incredible draft for us. Even going back and cherry picking (knowing what players go where) I wouldn't change a single pick, not a single one.

its not insider so anyone can see it
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&page=mcshaymock0423&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fdraft08%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist %3dmcshay_todd%26page%3dmcshaymock0423

i agree.. its a near perfect BPA scenario for us

id make 1 change and that to take tommy blake in the 7th insead of corner.. we have DRC so we dont need to take another cb

1. DRC
3. Forte
4. King Dunlap/Tony Hills... my preference is Dunlap
5. Young
7. Blake

bigbrewster2000
04-24-2008, 08:29 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/insider/columns/story?columnist=mcshay_todd&page=mcshaymock0423&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnfl %2fdraft08%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist %3dmcshay_todd%26page%3dmcshaymock0423

id make 1 change and that to take tommy blake in the 7th insead of corner.. we have DRC so we dont need to take another cb

1. DRC
3. Forte
5. Young
7. Blake You would make 1 change besides the 1 change you already made? lol
Actually I might rather have the DE over your OT picks. I dont like either one of those guys. But I guess you cant be too picky in the 4th round. They would be pretty good value.

Polo
04-24-2008, 08:31 AM
I'd love that draft...

beerlover
04-24-2008, 08:53 AM
so with tackle off the board is Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie the pick?

Polo
04-24-2008, 08:54 AM
so with tackle off the board is Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie the pick?

If he's BPA, I'd hope so...

Brando
04-24-2008, 09:15 AM

I don't think so either but if it happens I would love these draft picks.

Porky
04-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Out of all the players that have been linked to us at #18, DRC is my least favorite. Guys, he is a B-U-S-T in the making. I'll go on record now. He'll never live up to his draft position, and besides that he is one hit away from having his career ended. No thanks. He's a 3rd rounder at best on Porky's big board. (hey if Mel can have a big board, why can't I?) Having said that, if the Texans draft him, I'll put on a happy face, and hope I am wrong.

Also, no LT? Nope, not digging it at all. We HAVE to come out of this draft with a LT, if not in rd 1, then rd 3, rd 4 at the VERY latest. We simply must shore up that position if we are ever going to get anywhere. Any draft that doesn't include a LT is not a good one in my book.

Ole Miss Texan
04-24-2008, 09:41 AM
Also, no LT? Nope, not digging it at all. We HAVE to come out of this draft with a LT, if not in rd 1, then rd 3, rd 4 at the VERY latest. We simply must shore up that position if we are ever going to get anywhere. Any draft that doesn't include a LT is not a good one in my book.

I agree with you on the LT front, what better time to get one to groom than when we have the best coach in the game teaching him, Gibbs? But I just don't see any tackles our picks that justify us taking them over who McShay chose for us. I'm not near as familiar with the later round tackles, so those that are... insight would be helpful.

King Dunlap has amazing size, Tony Hills seems to be a good fit. but I don't know if I'd take them over Darrell Robertson who could become that 3 down pass rushing DE we need opposite Mario.

Porky
04-24-2008, 10:13 AM

1. DRC
3. Forte
5. Young
7. Blake

Ummm, ya it is on insider. Heck, even the link you sent has insider on the URL. I can't see it, and don't have a login.

Polo
04-24-2008, 10:15 AM
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...mcshaymock0423

Ole Miss Texan
04-24-2008, 10:17 AM
Ummm, ya it is on insider. Heck, even the link you sent has insider on the URL. I can't see it, and don't have a login.

That's odd, I'm gettin the same problem. I was able to view it yesterday when first posted but now I think they made it insider only... I knew I should of used the ol' copy and paste function.

Texans34Life
04-24-2008, 10:32 AM
That's odd, I'm gettin the same problem. I was able to view it yesterday when first posted but now I think they made it insider only... I knew I should of used the ol' copy and paste function.

Same here. It even says on the front page that it's free to view. Looks like BSPN screwed up. :elle:

TheRealJoker
04-24-2008, 10:38 AM
The first 2 picks make this mock too good to be true.

Maddict5
04-24-2008, 11:33 AM

it was on 'free insider' yestersay and early today :thinking:

camron1269
04-24-2008, 12:55 PM
that would be awesome. hopefully ray rice or kevin smith are there instead of forte i like them better. also i like the switching of tommy blake in the 7th round. and hills in the 4th would be cool too but we do need a pass rusher and if this guy is speedy thats nice