PDA

View Full Version : Pac Man Paid Off Strip Club Shooter

Tailgate
04-22-2008, 01:34 AM
The Associated Press reports that Titans cornerback Pacman Jones paid off the man who was arrested last week for pulling the tigger at the Las Vegas strip club where Tommy Urbanski was shot and paralyzed in 2007.

“He paid $15,000 to his friends, who advised him that if he didn’t pay the money then this guy would come after him,” said Jones’ lawyer, Robert Langford.

Pacman’s recent pleas of no contest to misdemeanor charges in Las Vegas and felony charges in Georgia could give Goodell all the ammo he needs to suspend Jones for another year, if Goodell so chooses. More importantly, it’s possible that Jones previously failed to tell Goodell about the cash paid to the shooter — and/or that Jones denied to Goodell knowing who the shooter was.

Looks like Pac Man may have gobbled up his last interception in the NFL according to this claim.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Second Honeymoon
04-22-2008, 02:02 AM
Looks like Pac Man may have gobbled up his last interception in the NFL according to this claim.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

If he can prove he was under duress with the extortion scheme and/or felt he needed to remain silent for his own safety until the authorities could get involved, I think Pac gets a pass. From what I read all this information coming out involves PacMan cooperating with authorities and actually shows repentance and responsibility in my opinion. I guess I read this story differently but I felt this story helped Pac Man's chances at reinstatement. We don't know what Goodell was told by Pac Man or authorities. I'll take a wait and see on this one.

Tailgate
04-22-2008, 08:20 AM
If he can prove he was under duress with the extortion scheme and/or felt he needed to remain silent for his own safety until the authorities could get involved, I think Pac gets a pass. From what I read all this information coming out involves PacMan cooperating with authorities and actually shows repentance and responsibility in my opinion. I guess I read this story differently but I felt this story helped Pac Man's chances at reinstatement. We don't know what Goodell was told by Pac Man or authorities. I'll take a wait and see on this one.

It is kind of confusing. I was just going off of what PFT said, in that whatever is going on here.... there is risk of more suspension. I also then read the Titans message boards and I got the same vibe. They aren't too happy about any pub for Pac Man right now.

But, here is the updated story from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3357972

LAS VEGAS -- Adam "Pacman" Jones paid "extortion" money to a 29-year-old man arrested for a Las Vegas strip club shooting that left a club employee paralyzed, police said.

Arvin Kenti Edwards, of Renton, Wash., allegedly used go-betweens to reach Jones, who paid $15,000 in two installments after the shooting, according to a police report obtained Monday.

"He paid $15,000 to his friends, who advised him that if he didn't pay the money then this guy would come after him," said Robert Langford, Jones' lawyer in Las Vegas.

bah007
04-22-2008, 10:54 AM
If he was extorted then I can't see how it is his fault.

The man is a fool but if you really believe that guy is going to come after you, you pay the money right?

cuppacoffee
04-22-2008, 10:54 AM
It is kind of confusing. I was just going off of what PFT said, in that whatever is going on here.... there is risk of more suspension. I also then read the Titans message boards and I got the same vibe. They aren't too happy about any pub for Pac Man right now.

But, here is the updated story from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3357972

Guess my opinion is somewhat jaded by pacmans history.

First thing to come to my mind .. "hush :money: ".

:coffee:

Polo
04-22-2008, 10:59 AM
Sounds like his "friends" set him up...

HoustonFrog
04-22-2008, 11:03 AM
This isn't anything that would hurt PacMan. If anything it looks like he was setup to pay money in order to not get shot himself. They threatened his family too.

bah007
04-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Sounds like his "friends" set him up...

At this point, I have little doubt that Pacman has very few "real" friends.

Polo
04-22-2008, 11:05 AM
If this story is true, it sounds like the whole incident was a set up to begin with..

KTOWN
04-22-2008, 12:25 PM
This is a sad situation. I think if this is true Pac should have got this out earlier. Either way he is done in Tennessee and may not be getting back in the NFL this year. Pac says he threatened his family, but some will see it as a pay off. Wish that Cowgirls deal would have happened. It would be their problem.

bah007
04-22-2008, 01:27 PM
...Wish that Cowgirls deal would have happened. It would be their problem.

I would rather have it as the Titans problem. They are in our division & our #1 rival.