PDA

View Full Version : Injury Curse?

Trail.Blazr
04-14-2008, 05:18 PM
Given our history of injury plagues season after season, it would be so nice to have a season where we don't rank at the top of the league with disasterous injuries.

It may be a homer observation, but doesn't it seem like Houston has suffered injuries more over it's entire existence than most?

I believe in what goes around, comes around to a sense, so it would seem logical to subscribe to a theory that Houston is due a better year and the Colts, Jags and Titans suffer more.

Any takers?

MightyTExan
04-14-2008, 05:51 PM
We need a new strength and conditioning coach.
That was the offseason news I was looking for.
Parcells fired the Dolphins S&C coach after so many injuries last season.

Ok, I feel better after getting that off my chest...............

The Pencil Neck
04-14-2008, 06:47 PM
We need a new strength and conditioning coach.
That was the offseason news I was looking for.
Parcells fired the Dolphins S&C coach after so many injuries last season.

Ok, I feel better after getting that off my chest...............

Strength & Conditioning can only do so much. If you get twisted up like a pretzel when a running back runs over you because you've got poor form (Jason Simmons) or get blind-sided by your own guy and hyperextend your leg to a horrible degree (Dunta) or pounded to the ground and fall on your elbow just right to dislocate your arm (Schaub), then it's not really a strength and conditioning issue.

If you're running out of gas at the end of games or don't have the strength to hold the point of attack, then change your S&C guy. If you're having certain types of sprains and strains, then change your S&C guy. But I don't think most of our injuries were issues with strength and conditioning.

Double Barrel
04-14-2008, 07:10 PM
I believe in what goes around, comes around to a sense, so it would seem logical to subscribe to a theory that Houston is due a better year and the Colts, Jags and Titans suffer more.

We can only hope!

One problem that we have historically had is that we lack any depth. So our injuries hurt us a lot more than teams who have been smart about the draft and FA. Casserly and Capers screwed us for the first four years and wasted a lot of chances to build our bench. Kubiak & Smith have basically built from the ground up with a few exceptions.