PDA

View Full Version : Get Shaud Williams from Buffalo

12loaded
12-07-2004, 02:27 PM
I love the Texans, and obviously our running game needs a boost - Shaud Williams is sitting in Buffalo not even getting to play - led the SEC last year in rushing on an average Alabama team - the guy is an outstanding and explosive running back who can also catch the ball out of the backfield - he is also a native Texan - loaded

Grid
12-07-2004, 03:39 PM
couple reasons why i dont see this happening.

1. With McGahee becoming the starter in Buffalo.. that leaves Travis Henry on the bench. Henry wants to start.. and his contract will be up at the end of this season I beleive.. so Henry will be leaving Buffalo and the bills are going to need someone on the depth chart behind McGahee.

2. Williams is 5'7" 193 pounds.. we have two RBs that are in the 5'10" 220 range.. and both of them are having injury problems. I dont think we would take a risk on trading for an untested back that is so small. He probably wont ever be a workhorse back in the NFL.

The only way I would see it happening is if buffalo decided to let Williams go.. then we might pick him up and give him a look.. but I doubt we would keep him based solely on his size.

Now.. Travis Henry? that could be a nice pickup.. but I dont see us getting him either. I think Davis is still the man and will have a better season next year with the Oline returning and having a full season and another offseason of the zone blocking scheme under their belt.

12loaded
12-07-2004, 03:51 PM
Travis Henry couldn't wear Shaud's jock - loaded

Dime
12-07-2004, 05:09 PM

1. With McGahee becoming the starter in Buffalo.. that leaves Travis Henry on the bench. Henry wants to start.. and his contract will be up at the end of this season I beleive.. so Henry will be leaving Buffalo and the bills are going to need someone on the depth chart behind McGahee.

2. Williams is 5'7" 193 pounds.. we have two RBs that are in the 5'10" 220 range.. and both of them are having injury problems. I dont think we would take a risk on trading for an untested back that is so small. He probably wont ever be a workhorse back in the NFL.

The only way I would see it happening is if buffalo decided to let Williams go.. then we might pick him up and give him a look.. but I doubt we would keep him based solely on his size.

Now.. Travis Henry? that could be a nice pickup.. but I dont see us getting him either. I think Davis is still the man and will have a better season next year with the Oline returning and having a full season and another offseason of the zone blocking scheme under their belt.

Travis Henry a nice pickup... He is hurt more then Hollings is... and that is saying lot.

Iroquois Joe
08-16-2006, 06:18 PM

Travis Henry was traded to Tennessee last year for a 3rd round pick.
The Bills have Anthony Thomas and Lionell Gates in front of Shaud Williams on the depth chart.

Porky
08-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Travis Henry was traded to Tennessee last year for a 3rd round pick.
The Bills have Anthony Thomas and Lionell Gates in front of Shaud Williams on the depth chart.

Thanks for rehashing an 18 month old thread to remind us. :brickwall