PDA

View Full Version : Who's expected to be availale at 18

keyser
04-12-2008, 01:07 AM
(edited to add one more Mock)
I do this just to help myself keep track of things, but figured others might find it interesting. I was interested in figuring out who is certainly gone, likely gone, etc. by pick 18. So, I looked at 6 mock drafts all from April 10 or 11 (Rang and Reuter from nfldraftscout.com, Lance Z. from the Chronicle, nfldraftcoundown.com, and Don Banks from SI, Gosselin from the DMN).

All 6 mocks agreed that the following 13 players would be taken in the first 17 picks:
Jake Long
Glenn Dorsey
Chris Long
Matt Ryan
Vernon Gholston
Darren McFadden
Sedrick Ellis
Leodis McKelvin
Ryan Clady
Derrick Harvey
Devin Thomas
Branden Albert
Rashard Mendenhall

That leaves 4 others who will be gone before the Texans pick. Based on those mocks, the ones who might be gone are:
Keith Rivers (gone in 5 of the 6, and all five had him in top 10)
Jeff Otah (gone in 5 of the 6)
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (gone in 4 of the 6)
Chris Williams (gone in 3 of the 6)
Philip Merling (gone in 2 of the 6)
Jonathan Stewart (gone in 2 of the 6)
Mike Jenkins (gone in 1 of the 6)
Jerod Mayo (gone in 1 of the 6)
Dan Connor (gone in 1 of the 6)

So, Rivers and Otah are likely gone. Unfortunately, DRC and Williams are the next most likely - if either slips a bit, I think they'd be prime candidates for the Texans to consider. If they're both gone, I'd expect the Texans would be trying to decide between Jenkins and Stewart.

kastofsna
04-12-2008, 01:52 AM
you could do a lot worse than having to pick between Jenkins and Stewart at 18.

beerlover
04-12-2008, 02:55 AM
you could do a lot worse than having to pick between Jenkins and Stewart at 18.

your absoultly correct sir, as a matter of fact I expect Jonathan Stewart to have a bigger impact than say someone taken #2 overall back in 05 :cool:

Texan in Japan
04-12-2008, 07:55 AM
I do this just to help myself keep track of things, but figured others might find it interesting. I was interested in figuring out who is certainly gone, likely gone, etc. by pick 18. So, I looked at 5 mock drafts all from April 10 or 11 (Rang and Reuter from nfldraftscout.com, Lance Z. from the Chronicle, nfldraftcoundown.com, and Don Banks from SI).

All 5 mocks agreed that the following 13 players would be taken in the first 17 picks:
Jake Long
Glenn Dorsey
Chris Long
Vernon Gholston
Matt Ryan
Darren McFadden
Sedrick Ellis
Leodis McKelvin
Derrick Harvey
Ryan Clady
Devin Thomas
Branden Albert
Rashard Mendenhall

That leaves 4 others who will be gone before the Texans pick. Based on those mocks, the ones who might be gone are:
Keith Rivers (gone in 4 of the 5, and all four had him in top 10)
Jeff Otah (gone in 4 of the 5)
Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (gone in 3 of the 5)
Chris Williams (gone in 3 of the 5)
Philip Merling (gone in 2 of the 5)
Mike Jenkins (gone in 1 of the 5)
Jonathan Stewart (gone in 1 of the 5)
Jerod Mayo (gone in 1 of the 5)
Dan Connor (gone in 1 of the 5)

So, Rivers and Otah are likely gone. Unfortunately, DRC and Williams are the next most likely - if either slips a bit, I think they'd be prime candidates for the Texans to consider. If they're both gone, I'd expect the Texans would be trying to decide between Jenkins and Stewart.

K - Nice work, but remember there are always some guys that the amatuers have going in the 1st that will go in the rds 2-3 and vice versa. I'm really hoping that one of the Lts (Williams or Clady) fall to us.

beerlover
04-12-2008, 10:09 AM
LZ thinks that player who falls into the Texans lap is DRC & he very possibly could based on his medical condition (one Kidney) light frame, small school background compounded by lack of expereince. That should help Jenkins for a team addressing cb, looks like Stewart is moving back up the boards & one of those tackles should still be there, could be Williams :)