PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna drop?

buddyboy
04-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Year in and year out we as fans are shocked by SOMEONE dropping. Last year it was Brady Quinn. A couple years ago our very own Eric Winston was projected to be a late first early second round pick, yet we picked him up with the second pick in the third. Also in 2006 Ashton Youbouty was slotted as high as 24 in some mocks, yet fell to the sixth of the 3rd (70).

Who do you think is going to surprise everyone this year and drop significantly, either out of the first to a mid to late second, or even out of the first to a second day pick?

I compiled all the players in the last 12 picks of a few mocks for the poll options, but pick other and post who it is if your selection isn't on there.

BigBull17
04-10-2008, 08:23 AM
Felix Jones. He is pretty good, but with the depth later in the draft, Rb's are gonna fall more than you would expect. Talib is a close second, since he has character flaws.

bigbrewster2000
04-10-2008, 10:17 AM
My vote is Kenny Philips. I think he has been overvalued by many fans and that his production last year and his workouts for scouts will catch up to him on draft day. Middle of the 2nd round is where I think he drops to. Personally I dont think his value is there until the top of the 3rd.

Polo
04-10-2008, 10:55 AM
Reggie Smith...

I think he may be there in the third or fourth...

Htownsportsfan
04-10-2008, 11:24 AM
I will be curious to see what happens with Talib. Now that it has been reported DRC only has one functioning kidney it might move Talib back up the board, however, from what LZ said on 1560 this am Talib has more issues than just the 3 positive tests. Thats why I love the draft!!!

steelbtexan
04-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Talib & Reggie Smith are going to be 3rd rd. picks.

BigBull17
04-10-2008, 12:13 PM
My vote is Kenny Philips. I think he has been overvalued by many fans and that his production last year and his workouts for scouts will catch up to him on draft day. Middle of the 2nd round is where I think he drops to. Personally I dont think his value is there until the top of the 3rd.

He actually may go higher than he should, due to FS being a complete joke this year. The drop from him to the next is more drastic.

edo783
04-10-2008, 03:49 PM
I suspect that Phillips and Talib will not be picked where most seem to think they will.

aj.
04-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Talib will drop a bit but there's always a team that thinks 3 failed tests aren't a big deal.

Schefter just reported that Groves recently had 'minor' heart surgery to repair a valve problem. I'm a guessin' that will scare a few teams off despite the memo he sent to all 32 teams saying no biggie....

bah007
04-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Talib will drop a bit but there's always a team that thinks 3 failed tests aren't a big deal.

The Bengals?