PDA

View Full Version : Banks' latest mock

keyser
04-09-2008, 04:51 PM
Don Banks has posted his latest Mock here (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/04/08/mock.draft5.partone/index.html).

Two points of interest. First, he has the Texans taking Talib, which I find very doubtful given the recent news about his drug tests. Second, he has Jonathan Stewart dropping entirely out of the first round.

Mendenhall, McKelvin, and Williams go in the three slots right in front of Houston.

The Pencil Neck
04-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Yeah, I saw that mock and despite the blurb in the Chronicle about giving guys second chances, I don't think Talib's going to be a Texan.

Unless he's extremely eloquent.

ChampionTexan
04-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Is it just me, or is this kind of a worst case scenario for the Texans? Seems like it's a choice between Talib and Jenkins - unless you really like Campbell (which I don't) or you think that Stewart's the man (which wouldn't bother me, but I just don't see the Texans going with him at #18).

If you're the Texans, and the first 16 picks go as indicated, would you trade Sage to the Vikes for a third round pick, and a swap of firsts, and then use your #1 pick (17 overall) to take Williams?

beerlover
04-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Don Banks hates the Texans :aggressive:

Hagar
04-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Zero chance of Aqib Talib being selected by the Texans. Zero!

edo783
04-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Zero chance of Aqib Talib being selected by the Texans. Zero!

Let's see.......three time loser on drugs....check.......not the sharpest knife around......check......yup, your right, not chance in Houston. Dallas.....Mmmmm, nice fit.

BigBull17
04-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Is it just me, or is this kind of a worst case scenario for the Texans? Seems like it's a choice between Talib and Jenkins - unless you really like Campbell (which I don't) or you think that Stewart's the man (which wouldn't bother me, but I just don't see the Texans going with him at #18).

If you're the Texans, and the first 16 picks go as indicated, would you trade Sage to the Vikes for a third round pick, and a swap of firsts, and then use your #1 pick (17 overall) to take Williams?

Actually sounds alright to me. If its between that and Talib, then I do that.