PDA

View Full Version : Titans ten year anniversary logo

TEXANS84
04-04-2008, 05:06 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080404/SPORTS01/80404021/1027

:spit:

Polo
04-04-2008, 05:08 PM
Looks more like Bud Adams and VY's anniversary logo

gwallaia
04-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Sucks as bad as the regular logo.

TexanSam
04-04-2008, 05:15 PM
http://img358.imageshack.us/img358/9110/titandm1.jpg

Very original. Bet that took a lot of time to come up with.

Texan_Bill
04-04-2008, 05:15 PM
More appropriate:

http://vwt.d2g.com:8081/joe-horses_ass03_copy.jpg

TexanSam
04-04-2008, 05:22 PM
More appropriate:

A horse is too noble an animal for them. Even if it is the horse's ass. I would post that picture that Cjeremy posted a while back, but I don't really feel like looking at it again.

brakos82
04-04-2008, 05:25 PM
A horse is too noble an animal for them. Even if it is the horse's ass. I would post that picture that Cjeremy posted a while back, but I don't really feel like looking at it again.
If you do I'll neg rep you.

gwallaia
04-04-2008, 05:26 PM

So it turns out the circle around their little thumbtack is actually a big Zero. Makes sense.

Hervoyel
04-04-2008, 05:37 PM

Notice how the "1" and the shape of the state of Tennessee work together to form a big "L"

Now what starts with the letter "L"?

brakos82
04-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Notice how the "1" and the shape of the state of Tennessee work together to form a big "L"

Looney, Lula, Lucky, Laxative, Liar, um.... look it up. :user:

Texan_Bill
04-04-2008, 05:44 PM

If you do I'll neg rep you.

That may be true about the horse being too noble, but I am also of the same opinion as Brakos. If 'that' picture is posted again - expect negative rep from me too... :bat:

He77, being reminded of 'it' has my stomach doing back-flips.

TexanSam
04-04-2008, 06:45 PM
That may be true about the horse being too noble, but I am also of the same opinion as Brakos. If 'that' picture is posted again - expect negative rep from me too... :bat:

He77, being reminded of 'it' has my stomach doing back-flips.

I'm sorely tempted!!!

brakos82
04-04-2008, 06:47 PM
I'm sorely tempted!!!
No! :hide:

Dcolbyt
04-04-2008, 06:58 PM
It should be created by pac-man jones and his possy, then it would be all crunk!

Bulluck53
04-04-2008, 07:07 PM
I don't really have an opinion on it. Don't really care. It's simple and gets the point across.

It will be gone in a year.

TEXANRED
04-04-2008, 10:48 PM
I don't really have an opinion on it. Don't really care. It's simple and gets the point across.

It will be gone in a year.

It has to be simple for the Tak fans to get it.

Bubbajwp
04-04-2008, 10:52 PM
It has to be simple for the Tak fans to get it.

lol

Showtime100
04-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Now I'm confused. How can they have records, stats, players in their "Ring Of Honor" or whatever they call it that were from the 70's, 80's, and early 90's when they seem to now believe they're ten years old?? Bud is such an (pick a name). He's not even happy with one established date. I suppose there will be two record books, both "Titan" record books, two rings of honor, etc etc.

"And that's new new Titans record!!.........er....uh, Titans Titans record, not a Titans record, you know, the second book. Anyway, A NEW TITANS TITANS record....record......

As you can see, I can't even post this in a sensible way. :texflag:

TEXANRED
04-05-2008, 08:38 AM
Now I'm confused. How can they have records, stats, players in their "Ring Of Honor" or whatever they call it that were from the 70's, 80's, and early 90's when they seem to now believe they're ten years old??

But you forgot to read the headline under the logo.

Tennessee Titans, 10 years of incest and still going strong!

Showtime100
04-05-2008, 08:56 AM
I want a do over. :)

mexican_texan
04-05-2008, 09:24 AM

Vince Young:
Cheerios?

Double Barrel
04-05-2008, 11:45 AM
If you had been through what we had been through to get here and have had the kind of support that we had from our fans, its made it all worthwhile. Its been a special time.

What kind of stupid comment is this from Steve Underwood? Seriously, were U-haul rental forms that hard to figure out?

Eff Bud Adams, and eff the Titans organization. They can all go to hell as far as I'm concerned. This logo is typical money-grubbing greed by the fat bastid.

I still have a special crap saved up for the ol' Rugs grave. Put it in a private cemetary or watch out! Craptacular.

Wolf
04-05-2008, 11:49 AM
stinks to be them

Part of the Texans 10 year logo is going to be

http://www.jewelry.com/images/superbowltrophy_05.jpg

Vinny
04-05-2008, 12:39 PM
hard to believe it's been a decade already.

aj.
04-05-2008, 12:50 PM
10 as the Titewads, 12th year as Tennessee's team - I guess those first two years don't count since they still had the derrick on the helmet.

I'm really kind of indifferent about it all now - except for a strong desire to see Bud fail that will never leave until he's pushing daisies - and maybe except for the chuckle I still get out of the sideshow that is well represented 610 caller Titan Rick (who calls himself a 'diehard' titans fan but also says he would call himself Texan Rick if the Texans had drafted someone else two years ago).

KTOWN
04-05-2008, 12:56 PM
Wow you people really do not like the Titans...... It is just a patch.

Wolf
04-05-2008, 12:58 PM
bud adams is all we can say(there is a long thread buried on here for the reasons)

Vinny
04-05-2008, 01:00 PM
um, look around....the colors here are Steel Blue and Battle Red.

Specnatz
04-05-2008, 01:05 PM

I wonder what ever gave you this impression. :aggressive:

BSofA04
04-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Tacks logo looks weak. I see Vince going down in the fetal position at midfield, again, and Mario Williams sticking his foot up that crappy logo's ass.

swtbound07
04-05-2008, 01:37 PM
best super bowl loss ever was the titans coming up JUSTTTTTTTTT a yard short. I hope bud still cries about that.

KTOWN
04-05-2008, 01:53 PM
I still cry about it. So close.... So much closer than the cows have ever gotten. 8-8 Franchise best. Enjoy. Oh yea could someone tell me why my avatar and sig don't show up. Do you guys have a post count?

swtbound07
04-05-2008, 02:09 PM
I still cry about it. So close.... So much closer than the cows have ever gotten. 8-8 Franchise best. Enjoy. Oh yea could someone tell me why my avatar and sig don't show up. Do you guys have a post count?

no, the board just has an anti-tennessee filter.

Enjoy your....non-super bowl title? How does it feel to get kicked in the nuts in front of the entire world?

The Dream
04-05-2008, 02:14 PM
best super bowl loss ever was the titans coming up JUSTTTTTTTTT a yard short. I hope bud still cries about that.

I actually took that loss kinda personal, because of the former oilers that were still playing on that team (matthews, wycheck, mcnair, george)...I remember feeling down the next day...........

KTOWN
04-05-2008, 02:15 PM
ah I figured it out I think. Thank you for the help guy.

GuerillaBlack
04-05-2008, 02:17 PM

Why the hell do you have a Houston Oilers logo as your avatar.

We should have an idiot count.

KTOWN
04-05-2008, 02:19 PM
no, the board just has an anti-tennessee filter.

Enjoy your....non-super bowl title? How does it feel to get kicked in the nuts in front of the entire world?

Not bad. How does it feel for your team to never do anything meaningful?

KTOWN
04-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Why the hell do you have a Houston Oilers logo as your avatar.

We should have an ***** count.
Why not. Last time i checked the team in Tennessee has the rights to the logo. Bud wouldn't let you guys keep it... sorry. I'm sorry if I offended.

GuerillaBlack
04-05-2008, 02:34 PM
Why not. Last time i checked the team in Tennessee has the rights to the logo. Bud wouldn't let you guys keep it... sorry. I'm sorry if I offended.

Add KTOWN to Your Ignore List?

I vote yes! Can already tell you won't amount to much here. The first time I have ever put someone on my ignore list, at any forum I belong to.

OzzO
04-05-2008, 03:37 PM

Dunno, you tell us.

Polo
04-05-2008, 04:06 PM

:potkettle:

brakos82
04-05-2008, 04:08 PM
That pot looks white to me. :thinking:

Brando
04-05-2008, 04:09 PM
That pot looks white to me. :thinking:

lol

Spin-Spin-Spin, quit wasting money on logos and get some new quality players.

How funny.

Bud making a statement for being in a city for more than 10 years, here's to another 25 Tennessee!

TEXANRED
04-05-2008, 05:22 PM

I think its a fair trade off.

Tentopee gets all the Oiler history including the Buffalo game, the KC game, the second longest road losing streak ever, seven straight one and done playoff appearances (not including wild card games),Bud Adams, Oliver Luck, Chris Chandler, Billy Joe Toliver, Bucky Richardson, Mike Rozier, Jeff Alm, Henry Ford, Kevin Gilbride, a GM who drunkenly crashed through someones house, and coming up one yard short of a Championship,

And we get,

A football team with just as many championships at the Titans, and the common since not to sleep with our sisters.

KTOWN
04-06-2008, 01:15 AM
The history is harsh. I've only had to deal with it for the last 12 years or so. Didn't much care for them till they moved here. You can keep that history. You guys lived it. We do have the common sense not to sleep with family members. Well most of us. If you wanna pile on our state go ahead guy. I'll jump right in. There is enough ignorant necks to go around here.

Hervoyel
04-06-2008, 01:35 AM

Our team has done something meaningful. "Our" team won the first two AFL Championships and "Our" team went to the playoffs 7 straight years if I remember correctly. "Our" team had HOF players like Elvin Bethea, George Blanda, Ken Houston, Earl Campbell, Mike Munchak, Bruce Mathews, and Warren Moon play on it.

In 1997 "our" team became "Your" team. In 2002 we got a new team and they took 6 years to make it to a .500 season. No big deal, we got there in the same amount of time it took the Dallas Cowboys to reach .500 so it's not like we're in bad company.

All things being equal I think that Houston got the better end of the deal.

GuerillaBlack
04-06-2008, 02:16 AM
Yep.

The Titans are stuck with a crappy owner in a city that will never host evens like the Super Bowl. Texans future>>>>>>>Titans Future.

Texaninlild
04-06-2008, 11:21 AM
KTown here is a helpful link that you should follow:
http://www.titansonline.com

Here are some directions in case you are lost
HOUSTON, TX
1. Starting in HOUSTON, TX on BAGBY ST go toward WALKER ST go < 0.1 mi 0 mi
2. Turn LEFT on WALKER ST go < 0.1 mi 0.1 mi
3. Take LEFT ramp onto I-45 N go 0.6 mi 0.7 mi
4. Take exit #48A/BEAUMONT onto I-10 E go 271.6 mi 272.3 mi
5. Take LEFT exit #159/HAMMOND onto I-12 E go 85.9 mi 358.2 mi
6. Take exit #85B/HATTIESBURG onto I-59 N go 160.8 mi 518.9 mi
7. Merge onto I-20 E go 129.3 mi 648.2 mi
8. Take exit #106/GADSDEN/ATLANTA onto I-459 N go 33.4 mi 681.6 mi
9. Take exit #33B/GADSDEN onto I-59 N go 123.7 mi 805.3 mi
10. Take the CHATTANOOGA exit onto I-24 E go 17.5 mi 822.8 mi
11. Take LEFT exit #185B/KNOXVILLE onto I-75 N go 84 mi 906.8 mi
12. Merge onto I-40 E go 19.4 mi 926.2 mi
13. Take exit #388/DOWNTOWN/HENLEY ST onto HENLEY ST(US-441 S) toward DOWNTOWN go 0.8 mi 927 mi
14. Arrive at the center of KNOXVILLE, TN go < 0.1 mi 927 mi
KNOXVILLE, TN

http://www.highways.tv

Bulluck53
04-06-2008, 04:07 PM
Yep.

The Titans are stuck with a crappy owner in a city that will never host evens like the Super Bowl. Texans future>>>>>>>Titans Future.

To be honest its not like Nashville is unable to host a Super Bowl. The NFL would never agree to put their marquee game in an open-air stadium in a city that gets winter weather. Remember how people got upset after the Colts SB when it was raining? People would raise hell about the Super Bowl being played in the 35 degree, wintery mix that is Nashville in February.

Same reason why Chicago/Washington/Green Bay/Cincinnati/New York/etc. don't host Super Bowls.

GuerillaBlack
04-06-2008, 04:23 PM
To be honest its not like Nashville is unable to host a Super Bowl. The NFL would never agree to put their marquee game in an open-air stadium in a city that gets winter weather. Remember how people got upset after the Colts SB when it was raining? People would raise hell about the Super Bowl being played in the 35 degree, wintery mix that is Nashville in February.

Same reason why Chicago/Washington/Green Bay/Cincinnati/New York/etc. don't host Super Bowls.
Like I said, Nashville will never host a Super Bowl, and the team won't play in one either.

By the way, Green Bay is way to small of a market to host a Super Bowl. Cincy is borderline, too. There have actually been rumblings for a NYC Super Bowl though.

gwallaia
04-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Remember how people got upset after the Colts SB when it was raining? People would raise hell about the Super Bowl being played in the 35 degree, wintery mix that is Nashville in February.

Yeah, that sucks. I like seeing football games in the elements. 35 wintery mix sounds good.

Bulluck53
04-06-2008, 04:36 PM
Like I said, Nashville will never host a Super Bowl, and the team won't play in one either.

By the way, Green Bay is way to small of a market to host a Super Bowl. Cincy is borderline, too. There have actually been rumblings for a NYC Super Bowl though.

You're right about Green Bay but you get my point. Cincy could handle a Super Bowl... hell it worked in Jacksonville. New York is getting a new stadium with a retractable roof, thats why they have been making a bid.

GuerillaBlack
04-06-2008, 04:49 PM
You're right about Green Bay but you get my point. Cincy could handle a Super Bowl... hell it worked in Jacksonville. New York is getting a new stadium with a retractable roof, thats why they have been making a bid.

WTF? It didn't work in Jacksonville. That thing was a disaster, and they had to bring in cruise ships for hotel rooms. Jacksonville failed.

TEXANRED
04-06-2008, 07:20 PM
The history is harsh. I've only had to deal with it for the last 12 years or so. Didn't much care for them till they moved here. You can keep that history. You guys lived it. We do have the common sense not to sleep with family members. Well most of us. If you wanna pile on our state go ahead guy. I'll jump right in. There is enough ignorant necks to go around here.

Just make sure you jump with both feet.

There is an age old question, " What is in a name?" Well appearently Bud Adams got it right when naming the Titans. He must of felt the same way about Tennessee that everyone else in the nation does. And if you don't know what I am talking about, here is a link to drop a little knowledge on you.
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/28/the-tennessee-titans-have-the-worst-name-in-all-of-sport/
Just make sure you go down and click on the video.

Texans_Chick
04-07-2008, 01:09 AM

There is an age old question, " What is in a name?" Well appearently Bud Adams got it right when naming the Titans. He must of felt the same way about Tennessee that everyone else in the nation does. And if you don't know what I am talking about, here is a link to drop a little knowledge on you.
http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/11/28/the-tennessee-titans-have-the-worst-name-in-all-of-sport/

LOL.

The best thing about the new 10 year logo was being able to update this. It is a front paged story on FanHouse:

"Tennessee Titans Celebrate Ten Years of a Bad Name and Logo" (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/04/06/tennessee-titans-celebrate-ten-years-of-a-bad-name-and-logo/)

Hopefully this means that the video can spread a little more. Just for educational purposes, of course.

:texans chick:

PapaL
04-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Anyone care to tell them that 2008 - 1999 = 9 years

I know the intent. I'm just saying...

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 01:23 AM

Yea I know Titans are inbreeders. That guy who likes overalls came over and told us all about it. Being from Tennessee I am aware of the NASCAR watching sister kissers that dwell here. Dude pile on its cool. I know. If thats all you guys got thats fine but do know that in the race for twisted inbreed DNA Texas is not far behind.

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 01:24 AM
Anyone care to tell them that 2008 - 1999 = 9 years

I know the intent. I'm just saying...

The Texas school system failed you hardcore. Spread your fingers and count again. Let me know if you need help.

Texan_Bill
04-07-2008, 09:49 AM
Looking at that ridiculous logo, is just a nice reminder of what a second rate owner 'the rug' is and what a second rate organization he runs...... Who knew Dishman was dead-on whenever he left the Oilers?

Texans_Chick
04-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Yea I know Titans are inbreeders. That guy who likes overalls came over and told us all about it. Being from Tennessee I am aware of the NASCAR watching sister kissers that dwell here. Dude pile on its cool. I know. If thats all you guys got thats fine but do know that in the race for twisted inbreed DNA Texas is not far behind.

Interesting form of smack you run.

KTOWN: "Yes, the Titans are a bunch of inbreeders, so yeah, our name is appropriate."

O...kay. :lion:

Wolf
04-07-2008, 11:38 AM

just curious so why the Oilers logo if you state that?

Texan_Bill
04-07-2008, 11:51 AM
I'm just curious how 'The Titans' are celebrating 10 years whenever the first year or two they were the Tennessee Oilers?!? :hmmm:

chicagotexan2
04-07-2008, 11:57 AM
It looks like a firey comet that just missed hitting the Transco Tower. Transco, Williams, whatever..

Texan_Bill
04-07-2008, 12:02 PM
It looks like a firey comet that just missed hitting the Transco Tower. Transco, Williams, whatever..

It looks like a fire ball alright. But it looks like it shot straight out of 'the rugs' a$$!!!

Hervoyel
04-07-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm just curious how 'The Titans' are celebrating 10 years whenever the first year or two they were the Tennessee Oilers?!? :hmmm:

The patch says "1999-2008" so obviously they're leaving the two years that they were the Tennessee Oilers out of the equation, which makes sense if you ask me because they are celebrating 10 years of being the Tennessee Titans and not 10 years of being in Tennessee.

R.I.F.

I think it's funny that nobody wants to claim 1997 and 1998. Everyone in Houston is like "They might have been called "Oilers" but that wasn't our mess!" and everybody in Tennessee is like "Hey, they may have been playing in Tennessee but that was the Oilers, not the Titans!"

Texan_Bill
04-07-2008, 12:19 PM
The patch says "1999-2008" so obviously they're leaving the two years that they were the Tennessee Oilers out of the equation, which makes sense if you ask me because they are celebrating 10 years of being the Tennessee Titans.

RIF

RIF???? :bat:

You criticizing me on a Monday morning?!? Especially when I've had only about half of my normal coffee intake?? Some nerve Herv... :thisbig:

That is kinda funny... Especially from the Tennessee people considering the the Tenn. Oilers were 8-8 two consecutive years without really having a home field. I would think Tenn. fans would have eaten that up....

Specnatz
04-07-2008, 12:28 PM
RIF???? :bat:

You criticizing me on a Monday morning?!? Especially when I've had only about half of my normal coffee intake?? Some nerve Herv... :thisbig:

That is kinda funny... Especially from the Tennessee people considering the the Tenn. Oilers were 8-8 two consecutive years without really having a home field. I would think Tenn. fans would have eaten that up....

They are full from all the road kill they ate.

TEXANRED
04-07-2008, 01:04 PM

Its not all I got, its just my opening shot.

For the last 12 years your organization has been in Tennessee its been nothing but disastrous starting when a tornado plowed through your stadium. You would think some people would take a hint as to the things to come. Other than having a running back that had his man hood stripped from him on national television(George.) locking out a future hall of fame QB and coming up one yard short, You got yourself a Winny, crying baby of a QB that has the IQ of sling blade. He is such a terrible QB that your organization does not even bother to upgrade the WR position. When Crumpler became available I knew he was going to be a Titan b/c he just played for a no talent, run first QB that couldn't hit the ocean if he was standing at the end of a pear.

You also have a defense thats success is solely based on if fat Albert decides he wants to show up and play. And if you don't believe me, look at the success the Titans had last year with and then without, fat Al.

The only reason the Titans have had any sort of success over the last few years, and in fact there entire time in Tennessee, is Jeff Fisher. But even Jeff Fisher, who could have guided 31 other teams to multiple Championships by now, can only hold the tides back for so long.

WesmanTexanfan
04-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Heres to it being the best 10 years they'll ever have :shades:

Texans_Chick
04-07-2008, 02:02 PM
Two questions:

1. Who wants to help me increase the google searchability of my blog post (almost like a google bomb) on this subject by crushing the Titan commenters on the blog?

Here's the link again:

Tennessee Titans Celebrate Ten Years of a Bad Name and Logo (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/04/06/tennessee-titans-celebrate-ten-years-of-a-bad-name-and-logo/)

Titan fans unhappy with me, and it is more fun if I have others with me to keep them in line. Have fun with it but keep it relatively clean. Besides, clean insults are often funnier if they are creative. It's really easy to leave a comment over there, and it is fun to see MBs of teams playing the Titans link to these posts with the comments. It's like a historic record.

2. Anybody here handy at wiki editing? Writing things professionally for addition to a wiki? This is the Tennessee Titans wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Titans

I think if you were handy with wiki editing, a good spot for a statement of what critics think of the name would be at the end of the paragraph involving the name change with a footnote to my blog entry at the bottom. You would have to write it very professionally for it to stick. It is relevant and it is truthful.

Just an idea.

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 02:51 PM
Still joking on the name and making incest references..... Umm you guys are called the Texans. Wow. That is sooooo creative. How long did it take to think that one up? 4? 5 minutes? Was there a public opinion poll? Hey guys lets make our logo a cow that resembles the state flag. Not sure why that is better than the Titans but ok.

Texan_Bill
04-07-2008, 02:57 PM
Still joking on the name and making incest references..... Umm you guys are called the Texans. Wow. That is sooooo creative. How long did it take to think that one up? 4? 5 minutes? Was there a public opinion poll? Hey guys lets make our logo a cow that resembles the state flag. Not sure why that is better than the Titans but ok.

We understand that you have been desensitized towards the whole incestuous thing, but really, I would have preferred the Houston Houstonians over the Titans...

Speaking of originality, you are aware the 'Titans' have been used before too, right??? See the New York Jets!!!

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 03:02 PM
Its not all I got, its just my opening shot.

For the last 12 years your organization has been in Tennessee its been nothing but disastrous starting when a tornado plowed through your stadium. You would think some people would take a hint as to the things to come. Other than having a running back that had his man hood stripped from him on national television(George.) locking out a future hall of fame QB and coming up one yard short, You got yourself a Winny, crying baby of a QB that has the IQ of sling blade. He is such a terrible QB that your organization does not even bother to upgrade the WR position. When Crumpler became available I knew he was going to be a Titan b/c he just played for a no talent, run first QB that couldn't hit the ocean if he was standing at the end of a pear.

You also have a defense thats success is solely based on if fat Albert decides he wants to show up and play. And if you don't believe me, look at the success the Titans had last year with and then without, fat Al.

The only reason the Titans have had any sort of success over the last few years, and in fact there entire time in Tennessee, is Jeff Fisher. But even Jeff Fisher, who could have guided 31 other teams to multiple Championships by now, can only hold the tides back for so long.
What do you guys have? What have you done? The Texans have done and are nothing. You have never won more than 8 games. You guys are 2-10 against the team you hate so much. I hope the Texans can step it up in the next few years.(I think they will) The NFL needs more rivals and I think the Texans/Titans could be an entertaining one.

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 03:04 PM
We understand that you have been desensitized towards the whole incestuous thing, but really, I would have preferred the Houston Houstonians over the Titans...

Speaking of originality, you are aware the 'Titans' have been used before too, right??? See the New York Jets!!!

We are aware. New York was the first inbreeders.

Errant Hothy
04-07-2008, 03:16 PM
We are aware. New York was the first inbreeders.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Yorkers may have been the first, but not the most effective.

Texan_Bill
04-07-2008, 03:23 PM

It only took the Titans, errrrrrrrr Jets to figure out that 'the Titans' was NOT a good name.

Brando
04-07-2008, 03:24 PM

We are proud to be Texans, not everyone can be one. Are you proud to be a Titan? Your logo looks like someone threw a hot flaming meatball then threw a tack and it stuck. Your owner also stayed away from snake logos/names for a reason.:thinking:

Say Hi to Britney, Kfed.

Texans_Chick
04-07-2008, 03:34 PM

You don't understand? Well let my buddy Lyle Lovett explain it to you simply:

You say you're not from Texas
Man as if I couldn't tell
You think you pull your boots on right
And wear your hat so well

So pardon me my laughter
'Cause I sure do understand
Even Moses got excited
When he saw the promised land

That's right you're not from Texas
But Texas wants you anyway

See I was born and raised in Texas
And it means so much to me
Though my girl comes from down in Georgia
We were up in Tennessee

And as we were driving down the highway
She asked me baby what's so great
How come you're always going on
About your Lone Star State

I said that's right you're not from Texas

Oh the road it looked so lovely
As she stood there on the side
And she grew smaller in my mirror
As I watched her wave goodbye

Those boys from Carolina
They sure enough could sing
But when they came on down to Texas
We all showed them how to swing

Now David's on the radio
And old Champ's still on the guitar
And Uncle Walt he's home with Heidi
Hiding in her loving arms

They're OK in Oklahoma
Up in Arkansas they're fair
But those old folks in Missouri
They don't even know you're there

But at a dance hall down in Texas
That's the finest place to be
The women they all look beautiful
And their men will buy your beer for free

And they'll say that's right you're not from Texas

So won't you let me help you Mister
Just pull your hat down the way I do
And buy your pants just a little longer
And next time somebody laughs at you

You just tell 'em you're not from Texas

But Texas wants you anyway.

Heck yeah we are the Texans!!!! Proud of it!!!!! :texans chick: :texflag:

We have no problem with you being so proud of the incest-inbreeding thingy and accompanying T logo. It's not like you have much of a choice in the matter. So I say way to go celebrating your heritage with your 10 year patch. Embrace it.

I think it is funny how sensitive some Titan fans can be on this subject. Some fans just laugh it off and think it is funny, and then some fans just go off. I guess we shouldn't discuss how T-Rac a raccoon is an appropriate mascot for the Titans as uh, the Greeks were known for the raccoons. Nope that's not it. Uh, maybe because Bud Adams looks like he wears roadkill on his head? :elle:

Brando
04-07-2008, 03:46 PM
This guy is a Texan and wants no part of being a Titan.

http://www.tylermuseum.org/images/exhibitions/OBrien/Earl-Campbell.jpg

:fans:

Double Barrel
04-07-2008, 04:03 PM

You got sloppy seconds when you pimped out your state to Jabba the Hut.

We got a brand new team with a great owner. So what if it takes awhile to build a team from the ground up in the NFL. You'll never know what it's like, because it's easier to steal someone else's team than build your own. So you speak from deep ignorance with moronic statements mentioned above.

It is interesting that you do not even have the pride to display your team's logo, but instead try to 'fit in' a Houston forum by displaying the logo of our old team (that you admit you don't even give a rat's ass about). That, in itself, makes you somewhat of a dweeb.

Go anywhere in the world and mention Texas. Everyone knows where you are talking about and what we stand for.

Your state has no such distinction. Matter-of-fact, most Americans probably couldn't point out Tennessee on a map. Elvis' Graceland is your only true claim to fame.

I speak of pride, something you do not possess and probably could not find in a dictionary if I ripped out 99% of the pages and highlighted the word for you. You willingly blast your own people and ridicule your own state. It's a sad and pathetic frame of mind you possess....but "to each his own" and all that crap.

What do you guys have? What have you done? The Texans have done and are nothing. You have never won more than 8 games. You guys are 2-10 against the team you hate so much. I hope the Texans can step it up in the next few years.(I think they will) The NFL needs more rivals and I think the Texans/Titans could be an entertaining one.

6 years, dude. We've only had six seasons, yet you seem to be unable to grasp the concept of building an expansion team in the world's toughest league. Comprehension is obviously a lost art with you. Good luck with all that.

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 04:03 PM
We are proud to be Texans, not everyone can be one. Are you proud to be a Titan? Your logo looks like someone threw a hot flaming meatball then threw a tack and it stuck. Your owner also stayed away from snake logos/names for a reason.:thinking:

Say Hi to Britney, Kfed.

You just called me Kfed? wow. It is not a meatball. It is a flaming thumbtack. The whole thing is funny. Yes the Titans were in Greek mythology what we would consider NASCAR watching, rightwing voting, bud light drinking cousin humpers or a "Texan" if you will. I am light hearted about it. Its all in good fun to me.

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 04:07 PM

LOL!!!!!!!!! Are you bragging? Did you beat the entire state to the punch? Did you wake up face down in your sister, jump up looking around for a high five? Maybe you were the most effective neck.

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 04:10 PM
6 years, dude. We've only had six seasons, yet you seem to be unable to grasp the concept of building an expansion team in the world's toughest league. Comprehension is obviously a lost art with you. Good luck with all that.

See Jacksonville

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 04:12 PM
This guy is a Texan and wants no part of being a Titan.

http://www.tylermuseum.org/images/exhibitions/OBrien/Earl-Campbell.jpg

This guy looks like a reject cast member from Walker Texas Ranger.

Brando
04-07-2008, 04:16 PM

That shows your football knowledge, that guy is Earl Campbell, one of the greats in football and life.

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 04:17 PM
I speak of pride, something you do not possess and probably could not find in a dictionary if I ripped out 99% of the pages and highlighted the word for you. You willingly blast your own people and ridicule your own state. It's a sad and pathetic frame of mind you possess....but "to each his own" and all that crap.

and...... There are backwoods trash here. I defend what needs defending. The logo is irritating but it is still on my hat. I support my team. No problem there. Maybe since I have lived in many different areas I see no home in any certain state. Born in Tennessee? no. I have pride in where I'm from. It is just no certain place defined by state lines. Lived all over the south east.

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 04:18 PM
That shows your football knowledge, that guy is Earl Campbell, one of the greats in football and life.

I was joking about his choice of clothing more so than the man behind them.

HOU-TEX
04-07-2008, 04:21 PM

We got a brand new team with a great owner. So what if it takes awhile to build a team from the ground up in the NFL. You'll never know what it's like, because it's easier to steal someone else's team than build your own. So you speak from deep ignorance with moronic statements mentioned above.

It is interesting that you do not even have the pride to display your team's logo, but instead try to 'fit in' a Houston forum by displaying the logo of our old team (that you admit you don't even give a rat's ass about). That, in itself, makes you somewhat of a dweeb.

Go anywhere in the world and mention Texas. Everyone knows where you are talking about and what we stand for.

Your state has no such distinction. Matter-of-fact, most Americans probably couldn't point out Tennessee on a map. Elvis' Graceland is your only true claim to fame.

QFT and to bump it. Oh, and to add........take that, roll it up and stuff it straight up y'alls crippled coon for an owner. Butcha titan asshats!:elle:

HOU-TEX
04-07-2008, 04:24 PM

This is reason for bannage! :pirate:

Errant Hothy
LOL!!!!!!!!! Are you bragging? Did you beat the entire state to the punch? Did you wake up face down in your sister, jump up looking around for a high five? Maybe you were the most effective neck.

No I was laughing at you sounding more like a neck then I ever will; but then again I'm not surprised you didn't understand.

I might have woken up face down on your sister, if you and your father hadn't beat me to it; and I had been drunk enough. Atleast tell me you guys washed your hands before the celebratory high five. And please take the poor girl to the dentist, or else there is no way your cousin Jim-Jack will marry her. Even he has standards.

The reason you don't know who Earl Campbell is, is becuase he want's nothing to do with the road-kill for a hairpiece, lyin', sulphur and brimstone smelling, weasel, rodent, jackass of an owner the Titans have. Then again who can blame him.

Texans_Chick
See Jacksonville

Different time period.

Jacksonville came into the league at the beginning of the modern salary cap era. Teams had not yet figured out their caps in a way so that they could keep all their best players. Jacksonville, and the Panthers for that matter, had money to spend.

The Texans came into the league at a time where the expansion draft meant the teams could dump their bad contracts on the Texans if we wanted good players.

Nice try. :cool:

Texans_Chick
04-07-2008, 04:27 PM
I was joking about his choice of clothing more so than the man behind them.

Uh huh.

Blasphemer.

Burn him at the stake......:pirate: :cowboy1: :texans chick:

Texan_Bill
04-07-2008, 04:28 PM

KCLOWN deserves a lifelong ban for that.. I mean seriously, the worst tit troll in the world never said anything remotely that ignant.....

Texans_Chick
04-07-2008, 04:28 PM

My name is Texans Chick and I approve this message. :texflag:

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 04:35 PM
No I was laughing at you sounding more like a neck then I ever will; but then again I'm not surprised you didn't understand.

I might have woken up face down on your sister, if you and your father hadn't beat me to it; and I had been drunk enough. Atleast tell me you guys washed your hands before the celebratory high five. And please take the poor girl to the dentist, or else there is no way your cousin Jim-Jack will marry her. Even he has standards.

The reason you don't know who Earl Campbell is, is becuase he want's nothing to do with the road-kill for a hairpiece, lyin', sulphur and brimstone smelling, weasel, rodent, jackass of an owner the Titans have. Then again who can blame him.
So you were hanging out with my dad why he had sex with his daughter...... I think that will get you jail time in most states. Maybe not in Texas. Thats a pretty tuff spill there guy. I think they have websites for those kind of stories. Keep your sexual adventures to yourself.

TEXANRED
04-07-2008, 04:36 PM

We have won just as many Super Bowls as the Titans.

Errant Hothy
04-07-2008, 04:38 PM
So you were hanging out with my dad why he had sex with his daughter...... I think that will get you jail time in most states. Maybe not in Texas. Thats a pretty tuff spill there guy. I think they have websites for those kind of stories. Keep your sexual adventures to yourself.

First off it would be while not why. I hope the school you're going to in Knoxville is an elementary school because otherwise... :elle:

As for the rest...weak! Surely you can run some better smack then that.

GuerillaBlack
04-07-2008, 04:40 PM
KCLOWN deserves a lifelong ban for that.. I mean seriously, the worst tit troll in the world never said anything remotely that ignant.....

And then he acts like he knew who it was.

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 04:44 PM
First off it would be while not why. I hope the school you're going to in Knoxville is an elementary school because otherwise... :elle:

As for the rest...weak! Surely you can run some better smack then that.

ahh it does not good. clearly out numbered here. I think we have covered all ground. Texas and Tennessee have lots of problems with incest and teams not winning championships. Most of you think our QB sucks even if he is from Houston and gave your state a National Title. We laugh at your record and injury problems. It just goes back and forth. You hate our owner. Most of us do as well. We have a thumbtack for a logo. You guys have a cow. Come on are we really that different?

TEXANRED
04-07-2008, 04:48 PM
ahh it does not good. clearly out numbered here. I think we have covered all ground. Texas and Tennessee have lots of problems with incest and teams not winning championships. Most of you think our QB sucks even if he is from Houston and gave your state a National Title. We laugh at your record and injury problems. It just goes back and forth. You hate our owner. Most of us do as well. We have a thumbtack for a logo. You guys have a cow. Come on are we really that different?

Yes, B/C your not a Texan.

KTOWN
04-07-2008, 04:58 PM
Yes, B/C your not a Texan.

Thank God. I'm already a fan of to many mediocre teams as it is.

Double Barrel
04-07-2008, 05:52 PM

I vote to remove that avatar from your profile for this remark. :cowboy1:

Not that you would know, but Earl is considered one of the best running backs in the history of the NFL, and undoubtedly the best football player your franchise has ever seen.

I could care less if Dud wouldn't let Houston have the franchise records. The travesty, however, is keeping the records for a franchise that has fans who are completely clueless about the history of the team, much less the game of pro football.

You seem to revel in our team's very short history while clearly showing your ignorance for your own team's history. Why does our history matter to you when you remain so glaringly ignorant about your own?

Wait, I know the answer! *cough*troll*cough*

You guys have a cow.

It's a bull. You do know the difference, yeah? :um:

HOU-TEX
04-07-2008, 05:59 PM

Not that you would know, but Earl is considered one of the best running backs in the history of the NFL, and undoubtedly the best football player your franchise has ever seen.

I could care less if Dud wouldn't let Houston have the franchise records. The travesty, however, is keeping the records for a franchise that has fans who are completely clueless about the history of the team, much less the game of pro football.

You seem to revel in our team's very short history while clearly showing your ignorance for your own team's history. Why does our history matter to you when you remain so glaringly ignorant about your own?

Maybe he thought it just had one large utter when he milked it last. :thinking:

Eeewwww!

Texan_Bill
04-07-2008, 06:01 PM

Eeewwww!

:spit: *emphasized*

Eeewwww is right!!!

Specnatz
04-07-2008, 06:21 PM

Eeewwww!

:spit: *emphasized*

Eeewwww is right!!!

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/ROFL-1.gif

Nicely done.

Blazing Arrow
04-07-2008, 06:50 PM
and undoubtedly the best football player your franchise has ever seen.

While I can see that argument but "undoubtedly is a stretch. Moon was not a bad player himself.

GuerillaBlack
04-07-2008, 06:51 PM
No, Earl was better.

Texan_Bill
04-07-2008, 06:53 PM
While I can see that argument but "undoubtedly is a stretch. Moon was not a bad player himself.

Moon, while he threw up gaudy numbers, couldn't hold Earl's jock. As a player, as a man and as a Texas Legend... PERIOD.

Blazing Arrow
04-07-2008, 07:02 PM
Moon, while he threw up gaudy numbers, couldn't hold Earl's jock. As a player, as a man and as a Texas Legend... PERIOD.

Reading through this thread I would imagin that is what y'all are on.

Though I agree earl has a great career I just enjoyed watching Moon play more then Earl. I am a little bias because I grew up watching Moon and did not see as much of Earls play accept on highlights.

Texans_Chick
04-07-2008, 07:21 PM

Though I agree earl has a great career I just enjoyed watching Moon play more then Earl. I am a little bias because I grew up watching Moon and did not see am much or Earls play accept on highlights.

Here's some education:

Earl Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Campbell)

NFL Films on Earl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGUYLbsf514)

Brought a tear to my eye. Damn I love me some NFL films.

The Titan fans in this thread should be aghast at themselves.

DiehardChris
04-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Actually, I felt the need help the Titans out, and fix their logo - free of charge. Check out the improved version HERE (http://www.houstondiehards.com/?p=407).

Blazing Arrow
04-07-2008, 07:30 PM

Because I have a differing opinion then you about a players overall performance? please :rolleyes:

BSofA04
04-07-2008, 07:33 PM

I'll second this. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Texans_Chick
04-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Because I have a differing opinion then you about a players overall performance? please :rolleyes:

Because you have absolutely no sense of history. Your fanbase doesn't deserve to keep that history.

At least you weren't silly enough to mock what Earl was wearing.

Blazing Arrow
04-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Because you have absolutely no sense of history. Your fanbase doesn't deserve to keep that history.

At least you weren't silly enough to mock what Earl was wearing.

You generalize way too much. At any point did I say I did not know who the guy was? I actually praised Earl as a great player I just did not believe it was set in stone that he was the best player ever to play on the team or that it was "undoubtedly" true.

And yes highlights are great. I have seen most of them on both playes but when you get to pick and chose plays that make a player look his best it is very easy to get a bias view. I am sure (and I will look when I get home) I could produce an equally entertaining montage of Moon and his play on the Oilers.

aj.
04-07-2008, 08:09 PM

Though I agree earl has a great career I just enjoyed watching Moon play more then Earl. I am a little bias because I grew up watching Moon and did not see am much or Earls play accept on highlights.

That's not bias, that's called being less qualified than others to draw a valid comparison in this case because you only saw one of the two play -- less qualified than those who saw every play that both Campbell and Moon played in Houston and felt first-hand the emotion generated by both players, and who understand how ridiculous some of this sounds.

Blazing Arrow
04-07-2008, 08:11 PM
And now I get neg rep'ed for an opinion.

How about you build a case put up some numbers give any argument at all swtbound07 before you are so quick to hide like a coward behind a neg rep button.

Neg rep'ed in a Rival Forum. That is rich ... not that it surprises me much but as a Titans fan I was not handed a manual on which opinions I should have and which I should not. Absolutely pathetic!

Bubbajwp
04-07-2008, 08:14 PM
So does that make you mom your sister and Hoth-Boy watched...:headhurts:

swtbound07
04-07-2008, 08:15 PM

How about you build a case put up some numbers give any argument at all swtbound07 before you are so quick to hide like a coward behind a neg rep button.

Neg rep'ed in a Rival Forum. That is rich ... not that it surprises me much but as a Titans fan I was not handed a manual on which opinions I should have and which I should not. Absolutely pathetic!

i wasn't hiding..our names are shown. you got neg repped for being you. That was reason enough. Your team doesn't deserve our records. I can get you a map back to tennessee if'n you don't like it.

Bubbajwp
04-07-2008, 08:17 PM
i wasn't hiding..our names are shown. you got neg repped for being you. That was reason enough. Your team doesn't deserve our records. I can get you a map back to tennessee if'n you don't like it.

Texaninlild already gave them some directions they just wont leave.

Blazing Arrow
04-07-2008, 08:24 PM

I am still not from TN as most people who actually read my posts would know. But then again you have not, you just have blatent hatred for something you do not understand. Just forward me a copy of the Texans homer guide to whom I should like and should not like on in MY TEAMS history and I will make sure not to huwt your feewing, mmmkay:ok:

So I'll put you down as no opinion on the matter what so ever or at least one you could actually back up. Good to know, at least I know who's post give nothing to conversation.

swtbound07
04-07-2008, 08:38 PM
I am still not from TN as most people who actually read my posts would know. But then again you have not, you just have blatent hatred for something you do not understand. Just forward me a copy of the Texans homer guide to whom I should like and should not like on in MY TEAMS history and I will make sure not to huwt your feewing, mmmkay:ok:

So I'll put you down as no opinion on the matter what so ever or at least one you could actually back up. Good to know, at least I know who's post give nothing to conversation.

i have an opinion..it just involves you playing in traffic. Your posts aren't worth reading. Go back to the thumbtacks forum.

Overalls
04-07-2008, 08:42 PM

I have never understood the need to negative rep someone for an opinion. He wasn't being vulgar. Some peoples avatars are more in need of neg repping than his post have been but I have never neg repped any one and I don't intend to start now.

Positive rep heading your way Flaming Sparrow.

swtbound07
04-07-2008, 08:46 PM
I have never understood the need to negative rep someone for an opinion. He wasn't being vulgar. Some peoples avatars are more in need of neg repping than his post have been but I have never neg repped any one and I don't intend to start now.

no need to be oblique overalls...you can say it to me directly. I know how you feel about the avatar

Blazing Arrow
04-07-2008, 09:31 PM
i have an opinion..it just involves you playing in traffic. Your posts aren't worth reading. Go back to the thumbtacks forum.

But you neg rep'ed me because how did you put it ... oh yes for "being you".

So you know nothing about me at all ... admittedly ... but still took the time to neg rep me for being me? What does it say about your character when you judge a person solely on what they appear as in an avatar and a signature? :thinking:

Blazing Arrow
04-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Warren Moon is in the top 10 of Pass Completions, PAssing TDs, Passing Yards, Passing Yards per game. Allot of major QB categories. To say he does not at least deserve a look is silly IMO.

9 time probowler ... including 8 in a row.

swtbound07
04-07-2008, 10:04 PM
But you neg rep'ed me because how did you put it ... oh yes for "being you".

So you know nothing about me at all ... admittedly ... but still took the time to neg rep me for being me? What does it say about your character when you judge a person solely on what they appear as in an avatar and a signature? :thinking:

i know enough. I know your a titans fan spouting nonsense on a texans board. Thats enough for me to click a button.

gwallaia
04-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Warren Moon is in the top 10 of Pass Completions, PAssing TDs, Passing Yards, Passing Yards per game. Allot of major QB categories. To say he does not at least deserve a look is silly IMO.

Indeed, Moon was a great player for the Oilers worthy of his Hall of Fame status. He electrified the Astrodome for many years.

But Earl. Earl is a Legend in the State of Texas. Earl was bigger than life when he wore an Oiler uniform.

Earl Campbell is what Texas Football is about.

KTOWN
04-08-2008, 12:44 AM

Nice. Someone on this board that doesn't just spit hate for the fun of it. Overalls I'm sorry about all the stuff I said about you over on gotitans. You appear to be a decent fan and nice guy. You are welcome anytime as far as I'm concerned. (as if you were not to begin with)

DBCooper
04-08-2008, 12:47 AM
This is funny.

First and foremost, the Titans have no claim to anything Oiler Blue.

The Titans have no sense of history, or they would not have called themselves the inbred children of "Bud's Anus".

It's going to be a great day when the Texans bring home that Vince Lombardi, and Vince Young is a sad footnote of History.

Can't wait to see the 30th Anniversary logo, still with no championships.

KTOWN
04-08-2008, 12:48 AM

In some breeds female bovine can have horns. sorry.

Blazing Arrow
04-08-2008, 01:38 AM
Indeed, Moon was a great player for the Oilers worthy of his Hall of Fame status. He electrified the Astrodome for many years.

But Earl. Earl is a Legend in the State of Texas. Earl was bigger than life when he wore an Oiler uniform.

Earl Campbell is what Texas Football is about.

I am not doubting that. Montana is the same way in the SF Bay Area.

But that does not answer who was the best player to play for the Oilers. If you take yourself out of Texans .... :hide: .... Moon would at least deserve a look.

Again player not person ... I am looking at you Bill :bat:

YellerLotYeller
04-08-2008, 02:48 AM

No..... it's because you're living up to the stereotypical tinbred fan by speaking without having any knowledge on the subject. I know Earl is what the Oilers stood for, and I grew up in the run 'n shoot days myself.

There's a reason you will never see the man step foot on a tacks field.

Blazing Arrow
04-08-2008, 03:03 AM
No..... it's because you're living up to the stereotypical tinbred fan by speaking without having any knowledge on the subject. I know Earl is what the Oilers stood for, and I grew up in the run 'n shoot days myself.

There's a reason you will never see the man step foot on a tacks field.

That is your opinion while you really never saw earl play. You can not tell me that in his hay day you did not think Moon was the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I think if most of you are serious with yourselves and look back ... you LOVED Moon. If he had the ball with less then 2 and he needed less then 7 it was money in the bank. Maybe I was some star struck teenager .... but Moon could do no wrong when I was younger.

Moon is the reason I like the Oilers ...

Specnatz
04-08-2008, 03:06 AM

That maybe true but not the bovine in question. Then again your really getting good at failing.

Wolf
04-08-2008, 03:14 AM
How did you titan fans feel about Eddie George?

Wolf
04-08-2008, 03:34 AM
Two questions:

1. Who wants to help me increase the google searchability of my blog post (almost like a google bomb) on this subject by crushing the Titan commenters on the blog?

Here's the link again:

Tennessee Titans Celebrate Ten Years of a Bad Name and Logo (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/04/06/tennessee-titans-celebrate-ten-years-of-a-bad-name-and-logo/)

Titan fans unhappy with me, and it is more fun if I have others with me to keep them in line. Have fun with it but keep it relatively clean. Besides, clean insults are often funnier if they are creative. It's really easy to leave a comment over there, and it is fun to see MBs of teams playing the Titans link to these posts with the comments. It's like a historic record.

2. Anybody here handy at wiki editing? Writing things professionally for addition to a wiki? This is the Tennessee Titans wiki:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennessee_Titans

I think if you were handy with wiki editing, a good spot for a statement of what critics think of the name would be at the end of the paragraph involving the name change with a footnote to my blog entry at the bottom. You would have to write it very professionally for it to stick. It is relevant and it is truthful.

Just an idea.

viking site
Sorry, Stephanie Stradley, I actually think the Houston Texans have the worst nickname in the NFL. It's a bland, dull name: they may as well just be called the Houston People. And the color scheme and jerseys are pretty ugly to. But you know, about tastes there is no disputing.

http://pacifistviking.blogspot.com/2008/04/blizzard-why-is-it-so-fun-to-end-any.html

oh and
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/bobwills2/old/earl.gif

Old School
04-08-2008, 06:57 AM
"viking site:

Quote:
Sorry, Stephanie Stradley, I actually think the Houston Texans have the worst nickname in the NFL. It's a bland, dull name: they may as well just be called the Houston People. And the color scheme and jerseys are pretty ugly to. But you know, about tastes there is no disputing. "

What a moron. This is the perfect defense for the anti-global warming people because obviously this persons brain is frozen.
Let's see... I will chose "What is another way to describe "Vikings?" for $200 Alex. :thinking: Hmmm, "What are people?"

Lets talk about the color scheme now. How can anyone say that freakin' purple and white is better looking than red, white and blue? No offense horn frog people.

aj.
04-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Give them a break. The ice is just now leaving the lakes up there.

Minnesootans have no understanding of the pride we take in being Texans. So it's not surprising when you hear remarks like that.

And for those who never saw Earl play that are trying to make a case for Moon as the best player to wear Oiler Blue, please stop already because it really is a futile and ridiculous argument. Moon's the silver medalist - threw a beautiful ball, piled up stats and was without doubt the best QB I've seen play in this City, but the gold belongs to Earl.

It's not all about stats in this case. It's because of Earl's grit and strength, his humility and upbringing, his leadership by example, his aura and persona, his production, his power and speed, it's about how he was feared by his opponents and how he would drive his head through their chests, it was about him leaving everything on the field - every week, it was about the emotion you felt when they put the ball in his hands, it was how he represented this City and State in a way that made us proud every time he stepped on the field as a football player and a man.

It's Earl Freaking Campbell for gods sake...

Texan_Bill
04-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Here's some education:

Earl Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Campbell)

NFL Films on Earl (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGUYLbsf514)

Brought a tear to my eye. Damn I love me some NFL films.

You may want to define 'aghast' before throwing it around to folks that think period jokes are funny...

Texan_Bill
04-08-2008, 08:54 AM

You also realize he still holds the record for most fumbles - right? Did you know that for his first three seasons with the Oilers, Moon threw more picks than TD's? Moon, had a lot of talent around him, including but not limited to a dominant O-line that included HOF'ers Mathews and Munchak. In the end, Moon did not make the Oilers better, because he was not a leader. Look at highlights of Moon on the sideline and such. He stayed to himself, he wasn't a motivator in the huddle. Oilers fans blame the defense (Steve Jackson) for the collapse in Buffalo, but IIRC, Moon only led the Oilers to 3 points in the second half.. I don't think you will find to much hate towards Moon, but by the same token, he's is NO Earl...

In 1978, Earl was named the NFL's Most Valuable Player, All-Pro, and Rookie of the Year. (When have you heard of a Rookie of the Year also being named the NFL's MVP?). He won the league rushing championship with 1,450 yards and was named to the AFC Pro Bowl squad. He won the rushing title his first three seasons in the league. Earl did NOT have the talent on his teams, but willed his teams to be better. He led a way less talented team, with example of will and determination.

There was a reason that Moon was booed his first couple of seasons here (and again later I can recall a smattering of boos). Earl was never booed. Earl is honored.

Arrow, I guess I don't expect you to get it being in the Bay Area, but Earl is legendary in these parts. Moon? Appreciated sure, but legendary?? Not so much!

What's more? Earl is about the only person that could bring 'Sips and Aggies together.

:howdy:

http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/1978/1204_large.jpghttp://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/1979/0903_large.jpg

Old School
04-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Give them a break. The ice is just now leaving the lakes up there.

Minnesootans have no understanding of the pride we take in being Texans. So it's not surprising when you hear remarks like that.

And for those who never saw Earl play that are trying to make a case for Moon as the best player to wear Oiler Blue, please stop already because it really is a futile and ridiculous argument. Moon's the silver medalist - threw a beautiful ball, piled up stats and was without doubt the best QB I've seen play in this City, but the gold belongs to Earl.

It's not all about stats in this case. It's because of Earl's grit and strength, his humility and upbringing, his leadership by example, his aura and persona, his production, his power and speed, it's about how he was feared by his opponents and how he would drive his head through their chests, it was about him leaving everything on the field - every week, it was about the emotion you felt when they put the ball in his hands, it was how he represented this City and State in a way that made us proud every time he stepped on the field as a football player and a man.

It's Earl Freaking Campbell for gods sake...

REP!!! Yeah!! What he said!! :respect: :highfive:

GuerillaBlack
04-08-2008, 09:08 AM
You also realize he still holds the record for most fumbles - right? Did you know that for his first three seasons with the Oilers, Moon threw more picks than TD's? Moon, had a lot of talent around him, including but not limited to a dominant O-line that included HOF'ers Mathews and Munchak. In the end, Moon did not make the Oilers better, because he was not a leader. Look at highlights of Moon on the sideline and such. He stayed to himself, he wasn't a motivator in the huddle. Oilers fans blame the defense (Steve Jackson) for the collapse in Buffalo, but IIRC, Moon only led the Oilers to 3 points in the second half.. I don't think you will find to much hate towards Moon, but by the same token, he's is NO Earl...

In 1978, Earl was named the NFL's Most Valuable Player, All-Pro, and Rookie of the Year. (When have you heard of a Rookie of the Year also being named the NFL's MVP?). He won the league rushing championship with 1,450 yards and was named to the AFC Pro Bowl squad. He won the rushing title his first three seasons in the league. Earl did NOT have the talent on his teams, but willed his teams to be better. He led a way less talented team, with example of will and determination.

There was a reason that Moon was booed his first couple of seasons here (and again later I can recall a smattering of boos). Earl was never booed. Earl is honored.

Arrow, I guess I don't expect you to get it being in the Bay Area, but Earl is legendary in these parts. Moon? Appreciated sure, but legendary?? Not so much!

What's more? Earl is about the only person that could bring 'Sips and Aggies together.

:howdy:

http://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/1978/1204_large.jpghttp://i.cnn.net/si/si_online/covers/images/1979/0903_large.jpg

Bubbajwp
04-08-2008, 01:33 PM
LOL enjoy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkM4yRymz1w

Double Barrel
04-08-2008, 02:58 PM

Though I agree earl has a great career I just enjoyed watching Moon play more then Earl. I am a little bias because I grew up watching Moon and did not see as much of Earls play accept on highlights.

So you speak like you have authority, but then admit your own ignorance.

I'm not going to dog Warren Moon. He's a HoF QB, and rightfully so.

But he was never anything close to the dominance that Earl displayed in his prime.

That you would even try to diminish Earl's career, and at the same time purport to be a Titans fan, only reveals the main reason why Dud should have just retired the Oilers franchise records instead of trying to act like they are part of the Titans. You people neither experienced, nor appreciate, the history.

Moon is the reason I like the Oilers ...

There you go. At least you can be honest and admit your bias.

Just pay your due respect to Earl as a Titans fan and shut your yap about him. You only dig your hole of ignorance deeper with every incident of spewage about a subject that you admittedly know nothing about.

Alrighty, Old McDonald.

But it does not change the fact that the logo is a bull. :howdy:

At least our logo conveys something. What is the blazing anus logo of the Titans supposed to mean? It looks like it's a big zero going down in flames....or a meatball...or whatever jacked up crap you want to make up for it.

Texan_Bill
04-08-2008, 03:02 PM
At least our logo conveys something. What is the blazing anus logo of the Titans supposed to mean? It looks like it's a big zero going down in flames....or a meatball...or whatever jacked up crap you want to make up for it.

:spit: 'blazing anus'..... bwaahaaahaaaa!!!!

WesmanTexanfan
04-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Someone tell KTOWN he's got OUR logo under his name....

Blazing Arrow
04-08-2008, 03:37 PM
So you speak like you have authority, but then admit your own ignorance.

I'm not going to dog Warren Moon. He's a HoF QB, and rightfully so.

But he was never anything close to the dominance that Earl displayed in his prime.

You say that but still do not think anyone would give him a vote if it came down to it?

That you would even try to diminish Earl's career, and at the same time purport to be a Titans fan, only reveals the main reason why Dud should have just retired the Oilers franchise records instead of trying to act like they are part of the Titans. You people neither experienced, nor appreciate, the history.

How did I diminish his career? The thing around these parts is you assume because someone does not 100% agree with you they are dogging your point. What I did say was I can see your point but .... see this is where reading comprehension comes in clown barrel. That shows acknowledgment of your point but disagrees with the suvarity of your point. Taking a stand that one player IMO is able to compete with another player as the best ever to play for the team does not dimish anyone.

There you go. At least you can be honest and admit your bias.

At least I can admit my bias instead of spewing this dribble and trying to put words in my mouth to make your point have any validity.

Just pay your due respect to Earl as a Titans fan and shut your yap about him. You only dig your hole of ignorance deeper with every incident of spewage about a subject that you admittedly know nothing about.

Ok now my age creates ignorance? Really sad if you believe that. So I assume you are in your 40s then? That would really be the only way you could have seen campbell play in his prime. If so my hat is off to you but I did follow the last 12 seasons of the Oilers and was a die hard fan. Don't diminish me for not being old. It was still my team. Just because my opinion on a player varies from yours does not mean I do not know my teams history. Earl was a great player so was Moon "undoubtedly" is a strong word. Again my point that I have made many time and clearly written out. Oh I know you might understand this:

Moooo

Double Barrel
04-08-2008, 04:58 PM
see this is where reading comprehension comes in clown barrel.

Is this all you've got? What happened to "attack the post, not the poster"?

Get back on your meds. I expect better from you. Hypocrisy is more than just a word in the dictionary.

yada yada yada yap yap yap bow wow spew spew spew

Ok now my age creates ignorance? Really sad if you believe that. So I assume you are in your 40s then? That would really be the only way you could have seen campbell play in his prime. If so my hat is off to you but I did follow the last 12 seasons of the Oilers and was a die hard fan. Don't diminish me for not being old. It was still my team. Just because my opinion on a player varies from yours does not mean I do not know my teams history. Earl was a great player so was Moon "undoubtedly" is a strong word. Again my point that I have made many time and clearly written out.

yeah, I saw Earl play in person several times. Same with Warren Moon.

Your point is idiotic, at best. I did not see the Oilers in the 1960's, as this 'was before my time'. However, that being said, I was still well versed in the history of that era because it was my team.

And this is one of the many differences between you and I, which we have covered before. I educate myself about history, and comprehend the past as it relates to the present. If Houston had stolen a team like Tennessee did, I would immediately embrace the hometown team and learn it's history. And I surely wouldn't spew horse crap from the pie hole about HoF players that I know nothing about.

Funny how you rush to defend your own ignorance. The enlightened man admits his shortcomings and acknowledges the things he does not know.

There goes the doofus, and there was the troll...ahhh, but I repeat myself.

If you want to talk football, fine. But to spew your garbage only lowers yourself to that of KCLOWN, which might be the company you prefer to keep when you rush to defend his lame statements. Birds of a feather. Whatever floats your boat.

Blazing Arrow
04-09-2008, 01:01 AM
yeah, I saw Earl play in person several times. Same with Warren Moon.

Your point is idiotic, at best. I did not see the Oilers in the 1960's, as this 'was before my time'. However, that being said, I was still well versed in the history of that era because it was my team.

So you base your opinion on what other people say ... because you admittedly were not their for the history. Ok???

I guess I apologize for not being as old as you ... ? :doot:

And this is one of the many differences between you and I, which we have covered before. I educate myself about history, and comprehend the past as it relates to the present. If Houston had stolen a team like Tennessee did, I would immediately embrace the hometown team and learn it's history. And I surely wouldn't spew horse crap from the pie hole about HoF players that I know nothing about.

Again something you read in a book. Sorry I am not such a football geek that I waist my time flying back and forth to Texas to "embrace the culture". Are you a travel brochure or what?

Again you avoid the point of the post ... you have a skill Sr. I commend you!

If you have nothing to back up what you said and are just barking at Bill's post then just admit it. Don't parrot with no argument stated.

Your point is idiotic, at best.

Funny because other posters have agreed with me or at least in part. I guess your island must make you very proud. Never get rejected by the masses out their ... special ...

BTW you called me ignorant to start. I can return in kind if ... don't try to push me and think I am going to back into a corner. Not really my style. :cowboy1:

Brando
04-09-2008, 01:03 PM
Bud Adams first choice was to move the Oilers to(of all places, now a division rival) Jacksonville. How does it feel to be 2nd fiddle? :stirpot:

Double Barrel
04-09-2008, 01:06 PM
So you base your opinion on what other people say ... because you admittedly were not their for the history. Ok???

The concept of historical records is a lost art you with. (and here you were bragging about your superior education)

The point is that you do not root for hometown teams. You are a bandwaggoner and a troll. Nice profile you have create for yourself. Please excuse me if I lack any respect for your perspective.

Again you avoid the point of the post ...

When I see you actually make a point beyond your redundant trolling efforts, perhaps I will take the time to reply to it. Until then, I will continue to flush your comments like I would any other crap.