PDA

View Full Version : Report: Favre Re-thinking Retirement

Texan Asylum
04-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Since we always seem to get Denver or Green Bay players, perhaps... :)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=txfavreretirement&prov=st&type=lgns

LOS ANGELES (TICKER) —Brett Favre could be having second thoughts about retirement.

According to a Los Angeles Times report, the former Green Bay Packers quarterback, who announced his retirement last month, is contemplating a comeback with another team.

Citing NFL sources, the Times reported Thursday that Favre has been quietly talking with teams about their interest in trading for the three-time NFL Most Valuable Player.

On March 4, Favre, who played with the Packers for 16 seasons, announced his retirement during an emotional press conference at Lambeau Field.

However, Favre, 38, has yet to give written notice of his retirement to the league or players’ union.

Favre’s agent, James “Bus” Cook, told the Times he was not aware of his client’s possible interest in resuming his career.

“That’s news to me,” Cook said. “I don’t think it has anything to do with anything. He’s retired, period, point blank.”

During his press conference, Favre denied he retired because the Packers did not make a more aggressive attempt to sign wide receiver Randy Moss.

However, Favre’s decision came one day after the New England Patriots re-signed Moss to a three-year contract worth $27 million.

TEXANS84
04-03-2008, 07:38 PM
Brett Favre's agent has shot down a published report that the Green Bay Packers quarterback, who announced his retirement last month, could be weighing a comeback with another team.

The Los Angeles Times, citing unnamed NFL sources, reported that Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, had quietly inquired with teams about their interest in trading for the 38-year-old veteran.

But Cook, asked about the report, told ESPN, "That is absolutely false. Absolutely false, and you can quote me on that."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3327555

Goldensilence
04-03-2008, 07:50 PM
IF and by IF i am meaning pretty much no chance he does come back why another team? they went 13-3 and started to mesh well later in the year. I don't see any team that needs a QB offering him a sniff of the SB except GB again.

ObsiWan
04-03-2008, 08:04 PM
That story wasn't filed on April Fool's day was it?

Showtime100
04-03-2008, 08:08 PM
Ugh. All I know is the "you can quote me on that" thing is sinking ever closer to the level of the "guarantee."

gary
04-03-2008, 08:39 PM
I'm sure he would like to get one more ring even if he isn't a starting QB.