PDA

View Full Version : State of the Texans tonight on NFL Total Access

Mr. White
03-28-2008, 11:03 AM
6:00 PM Central on NFL Network. Finally.

Should be some good in-depth analysis. There will probably also be a player appearance in the studio as well. When a team gets a "State of" show on NFLN, it seems like they get more coverage than the day's news, features, etc.

Maybe some of our friends around here can put it on YouTube or Google video for the people that can't watch NFLN.

Double Barrel
03-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Sweet! :texflag:

Texaninlild
03-28-2008, 12:14 PM
Sweet! I am programming my dvr from my desk at work as we speak.

I love technology.

Dallas_Texan
03-28-2008, 02:15 PM

Should be some good in-depth analysis. There will probably also be a player appearance in the studio as well. When a team gets a "State of" show on NFLN, it seems like they get more coverage than the day's news, features, etc.

Maybe some of our friends around here can put it on YouTube or Google video for the people that can't watch NFLN.

Please do!! I lost the NFLN in my region!! :fans:

RipTraxx
03-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Please do!! I lost the NFLN in my region!! :fans:

They put the video in the archives on NFL.com. Dont know how long it takes for them to post it but i dont imagine long.

eriadoc
03-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Crap. I won't be home to watch it, or even record it.

nunusguy
03-28-2008, 02:44 PM

They tend to repeat multiple times whatever they produce on the NFLNet.
But thanks for the heads-up there Mr. White.

Double Barrel
03-28-2008, 02:56 PM

According to NFLN's schedule (http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule?selectedMonth=March&field=selectedDate&selectedDate=03%2F29%2F2008), we should be able to see it again quite a bit later tonight and tomorrow.

I'll be at the Les Claypool show tonight, so I have to remember to catch it in replay, too. Shouldn't be too hard, though, because I only watch 3 channels (NFLN, History, and Discovery).

Brando
03-28-2008, 02:57 PM

Cool, Thanks!

eriadoc
03-28-2008, 03:01 PM
According to NFLN's schedule (http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networkschedule?selectedMonth=March&field=selectedDate&selectedDate=03%2F29%2F2008), we should be able to see it again quite a bit later tonight and tomorrow.

I'll be at the Les Claypool show tonight, so I have to remember to catch it in replay, too. Shouldn't be too hard, though, because I only watch 3 channels (NFLN, History, and Discovery).

Add Travel Channel and Nat Geo and that's my list as well.

GP
03-28-2008, 03:58 PM

And get it taken down, and then get a nice message from YouTube that tells the person that legal action will follow if copyrighted stuff is posted again.

That's what happened to me. I had posted some NFLN stuff, and it got pulled.

Best thing to do is to try and see it on nfl.com

BSofA04
03-28-2008, 09:26 PM
NFL.com just posted the video

Link to State of the Franchise: Texans (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8077706e)

kiwitexansfan
03-28-2008, 09:43 PM
Less than 20 seconds into it and their first mistake, calling Myers a T not a C.... quality reporting.

Unless they know something we don't know. :brickwall:

Maddict5
03-28-2008, 09:46 PM
ugh.. charles davis is just awful (not just in reference to our pick)

very superficial overall.. need somebody to partner dunta, need a rb, need an OT :yawn:

Maddict5
03-28-2008, 09:48 PM
lol.. they have to trust the fantasy guy to actually do some homework

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80776be0

kiwitexansfan
03-28-2008, 09:49 PM
need somebody to partner dunta,

Fred Bennett anyone....

Maddict5
03-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Fred Bennett anyone....

exactly.. quite disappointing. mostly espn-ish

Errant Hothy
03-28-2008, 10:02 PM
ugh.. charles davis is just awful (not just in reference to our pick)

very superficial overall.. need somebody to partner dunta, need a rb, need an OT :yawn:

What should they have said?

Those are the needs are they not?

Porky
03-28-2008, 10:03 PM
I just found out I can go to the DirecTV website and schedule my DVR at home to record something even though I am not there. Talk about your modern technology. I just set it up to record the 9:30 showing of total access. What will they think of next, some kind of robot lawn mower or some high tech gadget with an onscreen map in your car. :spit:

GuerillaBlack
03-28-2008, 11:20 PM
exactly.. quite disappointing. mostly espn-ish

Fred Bennett was good, but I agree with the guys on NFL Network. We need another stud CB back there.

sakebomb
03-28-2008, 11:23 PM
I didn't think it was that bad of a segment.

Htownsportsfan
03-28-2008, 11:29 PM

Damn you, logic has no place on a message board!

texasguy346
03-28-2008, 11:55 PM
Did I miss the Texans Top 10 Plays of the Year segment or was it just not there? Usually they'll have a player come on & talk about the team. Then at the end of the show they show the top 10 plays of the year for that team. We didn't have a player in studio, but it did seem as if they interviewed Schaub. But I missed the top 10 plays segment.

DocBar
03-28-2008, 11:55 PM
I was pretty disappointed in the segment. It was very vanilla. I guess I had my hopes up that they might do something shocking like analyze our team half as good as most of the posters on this board.

:gun:

Imatexanfan
03-29-2008, 12:33 AM
Jonathan Stewart?! Nah I'd pick Jamaal Charles before him IMO. But if that Aqib CB available hes the #18 pick believe that.:aggressive:

AnthonyE
03-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Fred Bennett was good, but I agree with the guys on NFL Network. We need another stud CB back there.

We still don't know if he'll be a stud CB or not. His first game partnered with Dunta (the game Dunta was injured), Fred Bennett had a career game. I still think they have the chemistry and skill to become a great CB tandem. :o Partly because Freddy was tutored by Dunta at USC (South Carolina, not So-Cal, before I get corrected. lol).

Norg
03-29-2008, 01:06 AM
We are not going to pick a RB has are first draft choice i know 100%

camron1269
03-29-2008, 01:37 AM
whats interesting is that the guy said alex gibbs told the falcons NOT to draft a OLineman high in the draft and that hell take care of it. i wonder if he is doing that again with the texans. i hope not, because i really want chris williams to be a texan. although im ok with a top corner. jonathan stewart would be cool but im ok with walker, green, brown, and taylor.

RipTraxx
03-29-2008, 02:02 AM
Jonathan Stewart?! Nah I'd pick Jamaal Charles before him IMO. But if that Aqib CB available hes the #18 pick believe that.:aggressive:

I'll put money on that one too......

buddyboy
03-29-2008, 06:13 AM
Jonathan Stewart?! Nah I'd pick Jamaal Charles before him IMO.:

Wow. Just...wow. There is NO, and i mean NO possible way that any FO in their right mind would place Jamaal Chalres before Jonathan Stewart. I'm a UT student and even I'm not homerish enough to think that Charles is a first round pick, and IMO, not even a second round pick. He'll be lucky to be a third rounder with the pretty strong class this year, while Stewart is in teh cream of the crop.

Wolf
03-29-2008, 09:06 AM
my thoughts were

With Alex Gibbs telling the Falcons not to take an OL early and with Kubiaks time in Denver and Denver not talking a RB early

Unless some philosophies change, I see defense going early

Maddict5
03-29-2008, 11:12 AM

we dont need three studs- we need 2 (a healthy dunta and fred) and a solid nickel (reeves maybe.. we dont know?). they didnt even mention fred as a possible candidate

are they? we do need an LT.. rb? no mention of chris brown signing etc- thats what i mean by it being a pretty weak piece.

nothing about needing a bookend DE for mario, possible need of a SLB etc etc.. it was fine but was pretty uninteresting to anybody other than the very casual fan

edo783
03-29-2008, 11:24 AM

From what I have been reading, Aqib's elevator is a bit slow and he may have trouble understanding the pro game and its complexities.

ObsiWan
03-29-2008, 02:37 PM
we dont need three studs- we need 2 (a healthy dunta and fred) and a solid nickel (reeves maybe.. we dont know?). they didnt even mention fred as a possible candidate

are they? we do need an LT.. rb? no mention of chris brown signing etc- thats what i mean by it being a pretty weak piece.

nothing about needing a bookend DE for mario, possible need of a SLB etc etc.. it was fine but was pretty uninteresting to anybody other than the very casual fan

yeah, we do.
we still face Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and A. Gonzalez twice a year.

Sure would be nice to be able to match studs with them one-on-one and let Will blanket Dallas Clark and have the other safety blitz without being scared crapless that we'll get toasted.
knowhatimean?

WesmanTexanfan
03-29-2008, 02:47 PM

we do, but not mentioning fred was no bueno....

do they know dunta is hurt?

GuerillaBlack
03-29-2008, 03:03 PM
we do, but not mentioning fred was no bueno....

do they know dunta is hurt?They might know, which is why they said we need another stud CB.

RipTraxx
03-29-2008, 03:16 PM
yeah, we do.

Sure would be nice to be able to match studs with them one-on-one and let Will blanket Dallas Clark and have the other safety blitz without being scared crapless that we'll get toasted.
knowhatimean?

The thing is is almost impossible to blitz Peyton. It seems he has a hot route for every blitz ever made. IMO the majority pressure has to come from the DLine with only minimal blitzing of LBs. Reggie Marvin and Gonzalez cant throw it to themselves.

Maddict5
03-29-2008, 03:16 PM
yeah, we do.

knowhatimean?

how'd that work out for denver?
look at the teams that always beat the colts-chargers, steelers, giants (v pats).. 3 elite cb's? no its all about winning the trenches which is what we should be focusing on

TexansSeminole
03-29-2008, 03:21 PM
look at the teams that always beat the colts-chargers, steelers, giants (v pats).. 3 elite cb's? no its all about winning the trenches which is what we should be focusing on

Chargers had 2 great starters and one good nickel cornerback Cromartie, Jammer, and Florence. The pats also had a nice secondary last year. The Giants had alot of things going for them last year on defense. They put more pressure on QBs than any other team, however their secondary was stronger than ours last year as well.

Denver only has the 2 studs on the outside. Their depth at corner is terrible, after, sadly, their most promising young corner died.

We have already focused on winning the trenches. We could always use more help in the trenches, but we need a talented corner terribly.

ObsiWan
03-29-2008, 04:46 PM

Denver?
The Colts didn't play Denver last year.
I'm missing your point.

And I agree, basic football 101 says the foundation to a successful offense and defense needs to be your O-line and D-line. I don't think I said any different.

Our D-line is 3/4ths complete. One good, solid DE to replace Weaver and we're set - at least for a while.
We hired Gibbs to school the O-line guys we've been picking up in the draft and thru F/A over the last two years. And I expect us to draft a OT in this year's 1st round and probably pickup a project among the undrafted F/A crowd.

Bottom line, IMHO, is our O-line is a lot closer to being "ready" than our defensive backfield. So if we only have one First-Day pick, I say use it on a stud DB.

ObsiWan
03-29-2008, 04:51 PM
Chargers had 2 great starters and one good nickel cornerback Cromartie, Jammer, and Florence. The pats also had a nice secondary last year. The Giants had alot of things going for them last year on defense. They put more pressure on QBs than any other team, however their secondary was stronger than ours last year as well.

Denver only has the 2 studs on the outside. Their depth at corner is terrible, after, sadly, their most promising young corner died.

We have already focused on winning the trenches. We could always use more help in the trenches, but we need a talented corner terribly.

whut he said.:thumbup

Maddict5
03-29-2008, 07:34 PM

i disagree.. we need another decent guy probably but we dont need a 1st rd'er imo

yeah they had what i said we need- two good cb's and a decent nickel.. they beat the colts 2 yrs ago too when cromartie wasnt a starter.. again through dominating up front... all those teams strength was in the front 7 with a decent secondary

a healthy dunta, fred bennett, will demps, harrison/earl etc is a decent secondary

Denver?
I'm missing your point.

remember all those playoff games when the colts trounced denver.. so denver went out and got williams, foxworth and paymah as well as champ (and later bly) and their pass D still underachieves because they lack d-line strength

im just saying we should take a look at harvey (unlikely) or merling at #18 instead of a cb

edo783
03-29-2008, 08:07 PM
One of the keys to beating the Colts is to rough up their WRs coming off the line. That thows off the timing that they rely on and allows the D-line pressure a bit more time to get to Payton. Pats did that and so did the Steelers when they beat them. IMO, zone doesn't seem to work well against Payton as he finds the holes in the defense quickly, so press man coverage is what we need to work with if we are going to be able to handle them. I think Bennet and Reeves can play that type of game and I know Dunta could.

ubecool454
03-29-2008, 08:12 PM

No Aqib, no thank you..I will pass...Cromartie or jenkins...i really would like Vernon Gholston but I really doubt he will be there. I just can't forget the Missouri game when talking about aqib.

ubecool454
03-29-2008, 08:20 PM
Denver?
I'm missing your point.

And I agree, basic football 101 says the foundation to a successful offense and defense needs to be your O-line and D-line. I don't think I said any different.

Our D-line is 3/4ths complete. One good, solid DE to replace Weaver and we're set - at least for a while.
We hired Gibbs to school the O-line guys we've been picking up in the draft and thru F/A over the last two years. And I expect us to draft a OT in this year's 1st round and probably pickup a project among the undrafted F/A crowd.

Bottom line, IMHO, is our O-line is a lot closer to being "ready" than our defensive backfield. So if we only have one First-Day pick, I say use it on a stud DB.

I think the colts did play denver. AFC south played the AFC west in 2007.

Bubbajwp
03-29-2008, 08:41 PM
One of the keys to beating the Colts is to rough up their WRs coming off the line. That thows off the timing that they rely on and allows the D-line pressure a bit more time to get to Payton. Pats did that and so did the Steelers when they beat them. IMO, zone doesn't seem to work well against Payton as he finds the holes in the defense quickly, so press man coverage is what we need to work with if we are going to be able to handle them. I think Bennet and Reeves can play that type of game and I know Dunta could.

I agree 100%

but

You could also say that one of the best ways to beat the colts is to have a great pass rush and keep Peyton off balance or on his A$$ all game.

and

To have a great running game and keep their offense off the field for the majority of the game. Remember the game when Ron Dayne went off on the colts and we won.

Hardcore Texan
03-29-2008, 10:17 PM
I just found out I can go to the DirecTV website and schedule my DVR at home to record something even though I am not there. Talk about your modern technology. I just set it up to record the 9:30 showing of total access. What will they think of next, some kind of robot lawn mower or some high tech gadget with an onscreen map in your car. :spit:

Do you have to have your telephone cord hooked up to it to be able to do that?

edo783
03-30-2008, 12:20 AM
I agree 100%

but

You could also say that one of the best ways to beat the colts is to have a great pass rush and keep Peyton off balance or on his A$$ all game.

and

To have a great running game and keep their offense off the field for the majority of the game. Remember the game when Ron Dayne went off on the colts and we won.

All very true. If we can do all three reasonably well, it will make the task a whole lot easier.

Lucky
03-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Manning? Here's how you take care of Manning.

What you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of the leg. Right at the bottom. His weight displacement goes back, all his weight is on his right foot, and he'll push everything off to the right.

He'll never follow through on anything. He'll quit the game.

Bubbajwp
03-30-2008, 12:41 AM

What you've got to do is cut the hamstring on the back of the leg. Right at the bottom. His weight displacement goes back, all his weight is on his right foot, and he'll push everything off to the right.

I was expecting a Sniper on top of the stadium comment but I guess that will do to.

Kaiser Toro
03-30-2008, 09:36 AM

http://llamabutchers.mu.nu/archives/carl%20spackler.jpeg

So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one - big hitter, the Lama - long, into a ten-thousand foot crevasse, right at the base of this glacier. Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080487/quotes

bckey
03-30-2008, 11:15 AM
i disagree.. we need another decent guy probably but we dont need a 1st rd'er imo

yeah they had what i said we need- two good cb's and a decent nickel.. they beat the colts 2 yrs ago too when cromartie wasnt a starter.. again through dominating up front... all those teams strength was in the front 7 with a decent secondary

a healthy dunta, fred bennett, will demps, harrison/earl etc is a decent secondary

remember all those playoff games when the colts trounced denver.. so denver went out and got williams, foxworth and paymah as well as champ (and later bly) and their pass D still underachieves because they lack d-line strength

im just saying we should take a look at harvey (unlikely) or merling at #18 instead of a cb

I agree with Maddict5 here. I'll add that we picked up Jaques Reeves. He may be able to play our cb2 position until Dunta comes back. As much as Faggins is disliked by fans he is a decent nickel back. If the Texans do draft a cb in the 1st then it may be Dunta's last year with us. If Dunta comes back and plays lights out then he will be up for a big payday after this season. That along with a first round cb and the Reeves signing may be more than the Texans want to invest at that position.

Harvey would be better suited for the Texans than Merling imho. He seems to be the better pure pass rusher which is what we need.

I still hope the Texans draft a LT in the first unless all the top LT are gone including Albert. The LT position has been a revolving door since the Texans began.

TexansSeminole
03-30-2008, 11:42 AM

Cromartie is an elite corner, and Florence is much better than a decent nickel. Florence was a pretty good starter before Cromartie knocked him off his starting roll. He makes a great nickel corner and a good starting corner. When Cromartie wasn't starting, Florence was, and Cromartie was playing the nickel, so the same applies. Great secondary that led the league in turnovers last year and have been a great secondary for the last 2 years atleast. They also have McCree. :thinking: There is no way you could convince me that San Diego hasn't had an elite secondary the last two years.

EDIT: The Chargers also have S Eric Weddle out of Utah (taken at the top of the second round, pick #37), who had a great rookie season last year. He had 53 tackles, an interception, and 6 PDef. He also had a pick against the Colts in the playoffs. He is an athletic guy who played alot of safety and also played inside on nickel and dime situations. He is so athletic, and tackles so well, they they decided to use him at nickel and dimeback as a rookie. That's what good secondaries can do. They have guys that can match up well with receivers. There isn't a receiver on the Colts roster that I would want Fletcher, or Faggins to match up with. Not a single receiver.

Dunta won't be healthy all year next year. First off he is going to be out for most of the season, and then he is still not going to be 100% for the rest of the season. Even if he was, our depth at corner is terrible. Reeves, Faggins, and Fletcher as our #2,3,4 (#3,4,5 when Dunta comes back). That's bad depth. I thought that much would be obvious considering how badly we got beat by average WRs sometimes. Lee Evans anyone?

Williams died. Foxworth is a decent #4, a liablity at #3. Paymah isn't worth a graham cracker, as bad if not worse than Petey or Fletcher. Behind them they have Christian Morton, Karl Paymah, and Lamont Reid. Ever heard of them, yea me neither.

You use Denver as if they are the prototypical secondary, but they aren't. In fact, I'd be suprised if Denver didn't go for a corner before the 4th or 5th round in this draft.

As I said before, Denver has the two guys on the outside, none of their other players are worthy of even seeing PT besides MAYBE Foxworth who is less than decent at that.

Another thing: Our front seven is better than Denvers'.

I don't know. I think we could find a pass rusher in the later rounds. Weaver is good against the run, and I think all he needs is a fresh pass rusher to sub with him. We've already got our bonafide DE, I don't see a reason for paying Mario, Weaver (who gets paid alot), AND the new rookie DE big money. That would be 3 of our highest paid players all DEs. You wouldn't even have a chance to put them all on the field at the same time.

TexansSeminole
03-30-2008, 11:45 AM
As much as Faggins is disliked by fans he is a decent nickel back.

Faggins is a bad nickel back, and he is terrible on the outside . He gets beat constantly. He leaves the receiver like 15 yards because of his lack of athletic ability. Inside at nickel, your suppose to play your receivers up close, which is something that Faggins struggles at constantly.

threetoedpete
03-30-2008, 01:30 PM
I didn't think it was that bad of a segment.

agreed. hated the pick but the herd has Stewart sloted there. Better than Lincon Kenedy is all I know. With the prospect & inury history of our current RB stable...it's not to surprising. Someone loves Taylor. I'll believe a first round Rb when I see taylor, and or Green, hit the waiver wire.

threetoedpete
03-30-2008, 01:40 PM
From what I have been reading, Aqib's elevator is a bit slow and he may have trouble understanding the pro game and its complexities.

Well that fits...all I know is that you've been running the "W" drill for eight years, and you still don't get it....that's going to be bit of problem at the next level. I don't care what his number are.

Goldensilence
03-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Cromartie is an elite corner, and Florence is much better than a decent nickel. Florence was a pretty good starter before Cromartie knocked him off his starting roll. He makes a great nickel corner and a good starting corner. When Cromartie wasn't starting, Florence was, and Cromartie was playing the nickel, so the same applies. Great secondary that led the league in turnovers last year and have been a great secondary for the last 2 years atleast. They also have McCree. :thinking: There is no way you could convince me that San Diego hasn't had an elite secondary the last two years.

EDIT: The Chargers also have S Eric Weddle out of Utah (taken at the top of the second round, pick #37), who had a great rookie season last year. He had 53 tackles, an interception, and 6 PDef. He also had a pick against the Colts in the playoffs. He is an athletic guy who played alot of safety and also played inside on nickel and dime situations. He is so athletic, and tackles so well, they they decided to use him at nickel and dimeback as a rookie. That's what good secondaries can do. They have guys that can match up well with receivers. There isn't a receiver on the Colts roster that I would want Fletcher, or Faggins to match up with. Not a single receiver.

Dunta won't be healthy all year next year. First off he is going to be out for most of the season, and then he is still not going to be 100% for the rest of the season. Even if he was, our depth at corner is terrible. Reeves, Faggins, and Fletcher as our #2,3,4 (#3,4,5 when Dunta comes back). That's bad depth. I thought that much would be obvious considering how badly we got beat by average WRs sometimes. Lee Evans anyone?

Williams died. Foxworth is a decent #4, a liablity at #3. Paymah isn't worth a graham cracker, as bad if not worse than Petey or Fletcher. Behind them they have Christian Morton, Karl Paymah, and Lamont Reid. Ever heard of them, yea me neither.

You use Denver as if they are the prototypical secondary, but they aren't. In fact, I'd be suprised if Denver didn't go for a corner before the 4th or 5th round in this draft.

As I said before, Denver has the two guys on the outside, none of their other players are worthy of even seeing PT besides MAYBE Foxworth who is less than decent at that.

I don't know. I think we could find a pass rusher in the later rounds. Weaver is good against the run, and I think all he needs is a fresh pass rusher to sub with him. We've already got our bonafide DE, I don't see a reason for paying Mario, Weaver (who gets paid alot), AND the new rookie DE big money. That would be 3 of our highest paid players all DEs. You wouldn't even have a chance to put them all on the field at the same time.

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Blake in the 4th or 5th. Could get 1st round talent at that spot. Low risk high reward.

Maddict5
03-31-2008, 12:03 PM

yeah the chargers have/had a good secondary.. im not denying that- but they had a front 7 who pressurised maning alot also like the steelers, pats, etc and imo thats how you beat manning- great front 7 + good/ decent secondary

and i used denver as a example of a team who focused on cb's instead of front 4

i do think we need another cb... just think it might be able to be filled in the 3/4 ala freddy.. i take your point getting with a pass- rushing DE in the mid rounds though although fyi, #18 DE wouldn't be a big earner (comparatively) and we're not in any form of cap trouble

Brando
03-31-2008, 01:41 PM
For those who might have missed it NFL.com has the video up on the site.....

nfl.com Total Access (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d807620c2)

nfl.com Path to the Draft (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d807620c2)

threetoedpete
04-02-2008, 02:21 PM

First off...we have no one quick enough to get a hand on much less rough up Marvin....for that matter Gonzales. Nope, the only way to get to the clots is to get to Manning. and the only way to do that is with pressure straight up the middle. The more traffic that bumps him the less concentrtion he has down the field. It bothers him...alot. Get him on the ground a couple of times, he's toast for the rest of the game. He is not the same QB.

RipTraxx
04-02-2008, 02:23 PM
First off...we have no one quick enough to get a hand on much less rough up Marvin....for that matter Gonzales. Nope, the only way to get to the clots is to get to Manning. and the only way to do that is with pressure straight up the middle. The more traffic that bumps him the less concentrtion he has down the field. It bothers him...alot. Get him on the ground a couple of times, he's toast for the rest of the game. He is not the same QB.

Agree 100%.

You CANNOT gameplan around a great D-Line.

Pats were a clear example of that