PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee Titans lineman Benji Olson retires after 10 years, 151 games

Wolf
03-27-2008, 06:54 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-titans-olson&prov=ap&type=lgns

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Benji Olson decided to leave college a year early in 1998 because the offensive lineman wasn’t sure how long his back would hold up in the NFL.

He announced his retirement Thursday having lasted 10 years with only three interior linemen playing more games than Olson in that stretch.

Not bad for a guy hoping to last maybe five seasons.

“Honestly, I was just shooting to make the team when I got here. I was just happy these guys took a chance on me, a guy who recently had back surgery.

“There were definitely issues about it. I’m just glad they took a chance on me. I’m glad I was able to deliver and put together a pretty good career,” Olson said at a news conference.

infantrycak
03-27-2008, 07:44 PM
That would be both starting G's from last year gone.

texasguy346
03-27-2008, 07:53 PM
They did pick up Jake Scott from the Colts though.

brakos82
03-27-2008, 07:57 PM
He's from my high school. Have a nice retirement. :)

Bulluck53
03-28-2008, 12:58 AM
He had a good career here... but I'm somewhat happy to see him go. He started to fade the past couple of years. He couldn't to seem to get as good a push as he once did.

Trouble is we need to find another guy to back-up center since LeRoy Harris will be starting (I hope its Harris, at least)