PDA

View Full Version : Some questions I have

badboy
03-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Has Matt Turk signed and I just missed? His age is an issue but what's up?

Where is Charles Stanley? He did have a pretty good TC before losing out.

Do we still need a right guard with Myers, McKinney, Brisiel, Studdard & Scott Jackson available? Even Spencer may get into the act.

If premo LTs, CBs and Mendenhall gone by 18 do we think about Jamaal Charles in first (maybe with a trade down)to go with our newest RB? Charles with that speed and 200 lbs might be tempting. He did ok between the tackles last year and held up to quite a few tackles. He stands out over most RBs we could pick up later.

Will Jacoby Jones rebound or hit a sophomore wall?

With Flannagan,Shawn Barber, Danny Clark, Dayne gone what is average length of experience on team? If guys like Turk, McKinney, Zgonin, Jason Simmons don't make it we will have a very young team.

Bubbajwp
03-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Has Matt Turk signed and I just missed? His age is an issue but what's up?

Where is Charles Stanley? He did have a pretty good TC before losing out.

Do we still need a right guard with Myers, McKinney, Brisiel, Studdard & Scott Jackson available? Even Spencer may get into the act.

If premo LTs, CBs and Mendenhall gone by 18 do we think about Jamaal Charles in first (maybe with a trade down)to go with our newest RB? Charles with that speed and 200 lbs might be tempting. He did ok between the tackles last year and held up to quite a few tackles. He stands out over most RBs we could pick up later.

Will Jacoby Jones rebound or hit a sophomore wall?

With Flannagan,Shawn Barber, Danny Clark, Dayne gone what is average length of experience on team? If guys like Turk, McKinney, Zgonin, Jason Simmons don't make it we will have a very young team.

I think you mean Chad Stanley.

IMO we will pick up a Gaurd in the later rounds.

No Jamaal Charles unless we trade back.

Polo
03-18-2008, 05:49 PM
I hope we don't pick any guards in this draft.

I'd rather see us take RB,DB, LB, or DE in the later rds.

Rex King
03-18-2008, 05:56 PM
I'm guessing they'll bring back Turk as well as trying out some guys after the draft.

I think Stanley already signed with the Colts.

With Myers signing, I think we're ok at guard. I'm guessing Pitts and Briesel start with McKinney and the rest fighting it out for the backup spots. I agree they could pick up a guy in the later rounds to develop.

With Brown signing, I doubt we go RB in the 1st. According to NFL.com, Chick Harris was at Tulane's pro day checking out Matt Forte.

I'm wondering how long JJ could be suspended for. Not good.

Good point. I'm really happy with Smith and co. signing younger FA's (though Casserley also did that in the 05 offseason). I think they consciously signed older guys last year with the view that their contributions off the field would be just as important down the line and that we would be contending for the playoffs this year, not last. That is, they could have gone with younger guys last season with the view to developing them for this season, but the experience the older guys imparted to the players already on the roster was probably the smarter way to go. DeMeco, AJ, Mario, and the other young leaders got a year of mentoring, and can now help the news guys adjust.

mexican_texan
03-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Jacoby Jones will not be suspended. It's not a big deal at all.

MissouriTexan
03-18-2008, 06:33 PM
Why, why, why did we not resign Dayne yet?

ccdude730
03-18-2008, 06:35 PM

:gun:

Specnatz
03-18-2008, 06:52 PM

Maybe you should also ask why no other team has had any interrest in him as well.

RipTraxx
03-18-2008, 07:11 PM
Jacoby Jones will not be suspended. It's not a big deal at all.

Pretty much. Cops said he was cooperative so he'll get a slap on the wrist and go on. Something tells me he's not gonna do this again.

TexansLucky13
03-18-2008, 07:20 PM
This is all I have to say about Turk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtY1O4wqF44

Jamaal Charles is a late 2nd rounder at best.

Jacoby should do just fine, as long as he avoids punters from now on.

mexican_texan
03-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Maybe you should also ask why no other team has had any interrest in him as well.
That's Jerome Mathis. We don't need him at all.

TexanSam
03-18-2008, 07:26 PM

Serious?

infantrycak
03-18-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm guessing they'll bring back Turk as well as trying out some guys after the draft.

Probably.

With Myers signing, I think we're ok at guard.

Myers was signed to play C not G.

I'd put the over/under at zero.

Specnatz
03-19-2008, 12:29 AM

I'd put the over/under at zero.

First offense and never been introuble before, I say I call from the commish which is not even the worst call Jacoby will get.

I bet his mom was on the phone crying and chewing his ass out like he has never had before.

badboy
03-19-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm thinking JJ may get a talking to from McNair about his off the field responsibilities. I'm glad Turk signed. I think McKinney has been moved to backup before yet had a few starts anyway and did pretty good. Glad he is on team especially at his wage. A solid LT in draft will lock in this O line.

Rex King
03-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Myers was signed to play C not G.

I know, probably should have explained myself better: both Myers and McKinney can play both C and G, so McKinney will move to back up both positions, and between him and the other guys badboy mentioned (+Frye?), they have enough depth behind Pitts and Briesel for now.

I guess I was mistaken about JJ.

mexican_texan
03-19-2008, 10:36 PM
McKinney should move back to guard. He's simply atrocious at C.

Texaninlild
03-19-2008, 10:40 PM

I have to disagree. I thought we moved the ball pretty well with him at center the last year. Either way, I doubt he will start at center next year.

infantrycak
03-19-2008, 10:43 PM

He was worse at G. He was a noticeable upgrade over Flanagan but remains a mediocre player. Really a non-issue since Myers will be the starter and McKinney at most will be a vet swing backup for the entire interior OL.