PDA

View Full Version : Draft Party & Tailgate - April 26th

TxDavid
03-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Looks like tailgating is being promoted this year and will be in the Green Suite Lot. Lots will open at 10:30am for tailgating. Gates open at 1:30pm.
Mark your calendars - April 26th.

Blue Crew - and anyone else who needs some heat - my grill will be there....

:fans:

Register here to print your tickets. (https://www.onlineregistrationcenter.com/register.asp?m=143&c=163)
Parking Map (http://assets.houstontexans.com/UserFiles/File/08-Parking-Map.gif)
Link to original content on Texans website (http://www.houstontexans.com/fanzone/2008DraftParty.asp)

DON'T MISS THIS EXCITING EVENT!
Come celebrate the Texans Draft Day presented by Miller Lite at the Verizon Wireless West Club at Reliant Stadium and see who the team picks first in 2008! We will also have the Texans Tailgate Kickoff, Texans player autographs, introduce our 2008 Texans Cheerleaders, celebrate TORO’s birthday and many other exciting activities for our Texans fans.

When: Saturday, April 26, 2008
When: 1:30-5:30 PM
Tailgating: 10:30-1:30 PM
Where: Reliant Stadium

COME EXPERIENCE THE TEXANS TAILGATE KICKOFF!
Are you going through tailgating withdrawal during the offseason? Have no fear. The Texans Tailgate Kickoff has been added to the drafty day fun! Bring out your tailgating teams and help make Texans football a year-long event. The Texans Tailgate Kickoff will be held in the Green Suite Lot from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm.
Don't miss out on all the fun.

gary
03-16-2008, 08:35 PM
I'll be there.

whiskeyrbl
03-16-2008, 09:59 PM
I believe it is on April 26th. And are they not doing the draftday dream sweepstakes this year???

gary
03-16-2008, 10:20 PM
[QUOTE=whiskeyrbl;867467 And are they not doing the draftday dream sweepstakes this year???[/QUOTE] What's that?

frequentfliertx
03-16-2008, 10:46 PM
I just registered. Have to print out my ticket. Hope to be there. What's the deal with tailgating? If I bring a case of beer can I join other tailgaters? How does that work? Anyway, I hope they have the All-Access again this year. :-):texflag:

frequentfliertx
03-16-2008, 10:47 PM
I mean I do not know any of the tailgaters. I don't want to be a party crasher. How does that work if you want to join a tailgating party? What do I do?:texflag:

WesmanTexanfan
03-16-2008, 10:49 PM
I mean I do not know any of the tailgaters. I don't want to be a party crasher. How does that work if you want to join a tailgating party? What do I do?:texflag:

Ive never tailgated either, we can go and start a Noob tailgating crew, lol

Bull Pen 1
03-17-2008, 05:31 AM
It's no problem tailgating, normally anyone will welcome you. The Blue Crew will be tailgating and you're welcome to join us. Just watch this thread for further directions. It will be a whole bunch of tailgaters joining together since we woun't be in our normal tailgating lots.:fans:

whiskeyrbl
03-17-2008, 05:50 AM
What's that?

It is a sweepstakes I was one of the winners on last year.We had our own section, got an official helmet, an authentic jersey with our name on it, free beer , free food, got to meet Demeco and get our picture taken with him. Also had a couple of plasma TV's and PS3's to play madden on. It was a great time. Also got to tour all the teams facilities at Reliant.

GlassHalfFull
03-17-2008, 08:02 AM
Could a mod please fix the date in the title? The date is April 26th. I would hate to see everyone show up on the 29th and get all sad becasue they missed the party. :fans:

(Not that I really think anyone would do that, but ya never know)

texasguy346
03-17-2008, 08:05 AM
Fixed.

TxDavid
03-17-2008, 09:47 AM
My bad on the date - I mixed it up with the Draft Luncheon. I gotta remember to turn my brain on when I try to do two things at once :monkey:

In regards to the questions about tailgating - anyone is welcome to join in. I'll have my grill out there, so if you're new to tailgating or don't want to lug yours out, it will accommodate your grub.

Like BullPen 1 said - we're all going to be away from our usual lots, so many people on this board will be there from all different lots. Just stroll on up and say "Hi" - that's the easiest way :) It won't be hard to find any of us either - there'll be no casual fans there at 10:30 - just us hardcore crazies....

gary
03-17-2008, 10:11 AM
It is a sweepstakes I was one of the winners on last year.We had our own section, got an official helmet, an authentic jersey with our name on it, free beer , free food, got to meet Demeco and get our picture taken with him. Also had a couple of plasma TV's and PS3's to play madden on. It was a great time. Also got to tour all the teams facilities at Reliant. They're not doing that this year for sure? How do you enter?

Hardcore Texan
03-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Will "all access" be happening around the same time? I may be able to make the drive up for this, will have to check and see.

Texan_Lee
03-17-2008, 03:36 PM
As usual, I will be there... can't say if Dean will be joining or not (Might be working). I miss tailgating...

Dr2bKay
03-17-2008, 07:27 PM
I will be in attendance with my friend from last year. Skipping the sorority meeting to be with my Texan fans.

Da_General
03-18-2008, 02:52 AM
Me and a few of my buddies might stop by...

whiskeyrbl
03-18-2008, 04:46 AM
They're not doing that this year for sure? How do you enter?

Last year they posted the sweepstakes entry on the home page. And you just click it, fill it out and wait about a week and they notify the winners. I can't remember how far in advance of the draft they posted it.

gary
03-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Last year they posted the sweepstakes entry on the home page. And you just click it, fill it out and wait about a week and they notify the winners. I can't remember how far in advance of the draft they posted it. The PS3 and the T.V. was yours to keep or just play them while you were there?

whiskeyrbl
03-18-2008, 06:33 PM
The PS3 and the T.V. was yours to keep or just play them while you were there?
NO just to play while you were there.

gary
03-18-2008, 08:04 PM
NO just to play while you were there. Ok thank you.

Joe Texan
03-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Tailgating 101

1. shop for your favorite tailgating gear, Cokes, Beer, Meat, and all the fixins.
2. Load Car or truck or camper
3. make sure you have your hangtag, probably not needed for Draft Party
4. drive to stadium
5. Park
6. Start the party

If you find the Blue Crew you will be very satisfied, If you find Filo you will be very satisfied, If you find yellow lotters and the shotgun thirty, you will probably be very Drunk. Whatever you choose get out and support the Texans. And lets all have a wonderful 2008.

Joe Texan
03-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Tailgating 101

1. shop for your favorite tailgating gear, Cokes, Beer, Meat, and all the fixins.
4. drive to stadium
5. Park
6. Start the party

If you find the Blue Crew you will be very satisfied, If you find Filo you will be very satisfied, If you find yellow lotters and the shotgun thirty, you will probably be very Drunk. Whatever you choose get out and support the Texans. And lets all have a wonderful 2008.

Joe Texan
03-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Tailgating 101

4. drive to stadium
5. Park
6. Start the party

Texan_Bill
03-20-2008, 09:24 AM
Why are you pimping FILO. Everyone knows that they 'turn out the lights'.... :whistle:

FILO_girl
03-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Why are you pimping FILO. Everyone knows that they 'turn out the lights'.... :whistle:

We're THAT good. :shades:

ensign_lee
03-21-2008, 03:42 AM
Oh, I'm SOOO there. Can I join y'all?

Tedc
03-21-2008, 06:03 AM
Oh, I'm SOOO there. Can I join y'all?

Sure!:texflag:

Texans34Life
03-21-2008, 12:46 PM
Hey guys, I might be able to make it.....can I join you guys also?

Tedc
03-21-2008, 08:35 PM
Hey guys, I might be able to make it.....can I join you guys also?

No way man!:elle:

Of course you can. Come on by!:texflag:

Drew_Smoke
03-22-2008, 04:34 PM
I didn't see where you print tix at. I'm kinda stoopid like that.

Anyone got the link?

Specnatz
03-22-2008, 05:29 PM

Anyone got the link?

No clue but I went to Texans draft central and saw this number ...

Contact Information
Lance Cavazos
Phone: 832-667-2042
Fax: 832-667-2055
lcavazos@houstontexans.com

TxDavid
03-26-2008, 10:20 AM

Anyone got the link?

Once you register, you will receive an e-mail with the attachment (your ticket). Just print out however many you need.

PS...the link to register is on the first post....

Hardcore Texan
03-28-2008, 12:29 PM
My trip to visit my parents in Chambers County might just be falling on this weekend. It looks like I might make it for the tailgating and the party. If so I will probably have my nephews with me, both are Marines and one of them is getting back from Iraq today actually. If we end up making it, I will need to hook up with the MB party!!! :wild: :texflag:

WesmanTexanfan
03-28-2008, 12:33 PM
If I wanna park in the hood, then walk in do I still need a ticket?

GlassHalfFull
03-28-2008, 12:35 PM
If I wanna park in the hood, then walk in do I still need a ticket?

Yes, they take the tickets at the door. But the tickets are free, just follow the links above and register.

Hardcore Texan
03-28-2008, 12:45 PM
I just registered, should be a blast! :chickendance: :texflag:

Wolf
04-14-2008, 01:09 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/fanzone/2008DraftParty.asp

When: Saturday, April 26, 2008
When: 1:30-5:30 PM
Tailgating: 10:30-1:30 PM
Where: Reliant Stadium

SportsRadio 610 will have NFL Draft Previews which will air at 7:40 a.m. and 5:20 p.m. the week leading up to the draft.
SportsRadio 610 will have Houston Texans General Manager Rick Smith on before and after the Draft.
SportsRadio 610 will have live coverage of the NFL Draft from the Houston Texans Draft Party, including live reports from John McClain in New York during our draft coverage.
For more information please visit www.sportsradio610.com

I bet that is a blast

Yankee_In_TX
04-14-2008, 01:14 PM
This is new:

COME EXPERIENCE THE TEXANS TAILGATE KICKOFF!
Are you going through tailgating withdrawal during the offseason? Have no fear. The Texans Tailgate Kickoff has been added to the draft day fun! Bring out your tailgating teams and help make Texans football a year-long event. The Texans Tailgate Kickoff will be held in the Green Suite Lot from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm.
Don't miss out on all the fun.

Wolf
04-14-2008, 01:17 PM
https://www.onlineregistrationcenter.com/register.asp?m=143&c=163

FREE ADMISSION
Please print your ticket for admission (Your ticket will be an attachment included with your confirmation email).
Each ticket admits one! Please print a copy for every person attending!
Please park in the Green Lot at Reliant Park, see map located on the Draft Party admission ticket (sent to you as an attachment in your confirmation email). Parking is FREE and the Green Lot opens at 10:30 a.m.

TxDavid
04-14-2008, 01:44 PM
There's a thread already posted on this :)

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48204

TxDavid
04-14-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm getting anxious!

TEXANS84
04-14-2008, 01:46 PM
I'm out.

I love you guys and all, but I just cant see hanging around from the 1st pick all the way to the 18th. Last year I played a round of golf after the Texans picked 10th and they were still picking in the first round when I finished.

I'm going to sit at Molly's Pub in The Woodlands.

Yankee_In_TX
04-14-2008, 01:50 PM
I'll go, tailgate, go inside, and hopefully last until the first pick before I get too bored and leave.

beerlover
04-14-2008, 02:25 PM
I'm out.

I love you guys and all, but I just cant see hanging around from the 1st pick all the way to the 18th. Last year I played a round of golf after the Texans picked 10th and they were still picking in the first round when I finished.

I'm going to sit at Molly's Pub in The Woodlands.

they've changed the time allowed between picks to 10 minutes from 15. while this doesn't sound like alot it should move much faster. three hours straight up (not happening) closer to four hours with trades.

Texans_Chick
04-14-2008, 02:43 PM
This is the first year that they have encouraged tailgating. In past years they just have sort of allowed it.

But yeah, there are going to be some blotto people by pick 18.

Next year, I hope we pick even later. :texflag:

Texans_Chick
04-14-2008, 08:07 PM
So who is representing?

Blue Crew and.....

Mr. White
04-16-2008, 08:30 AM
I was planning on going for my first ever tailgating experience at Reliant, but I might skip it if it's that boring. I was planning on bringing some other people that haven't been to Reliant before as well. I wouldn't want their first experience to be a negative one either.

Is this really worth it for a first-timer?

GlassHalfFull
04-16-2008, 08:32 AM
We will be there. We have to start getting in shape for that 3 game in a row homestand in Oct.

Drew_Smoke
04-16-2008, 10:17 AM
I was planning on going for my first ever tailgating experience at Reliant, but I might skip it if it's that boring. I was planning on bringing some other people that haven't been to Reliant before as well. I wouldn't want their first experience to be a negative one either.

Is this really worth it for a first-timer?

I wouldn't call it a negative. Just no football game on. If your friends have never been to the stadium it may be fun as it will be new. Its just a little run up S Main anyway.

Mr. White
04-16-2008, 12:54 PM
I wouldn't call it a negative. Just no football game on. If your friends have never been to the stadium it may be fun as it will be new. Its just a little run up S Main anyway.

Thanks for the perspective. You talked me into it.

Gotta be better than looking at Mel Kiper's forehead all day long at home.

Overalls
04-16-2008, 09:35 PM
So who is representing?

Blue Crew and.....

Overalls will be there representing the Vagabonds of Metro-rail.

Texans_Chick
04-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the perspective. You talked me into it.

Gotta be better than looking at Mel Kiper's forehead all day long at home.

The best part about it is being around people who love your team as much as you do.

There are Texans fans........

and then there are TEXANS FANS WOOOOOOOOO CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!:texflag:

michaelm
04-21-2008, 05:14 PM
The best part about it is being around people who love your team as much as you do.

There are Texans fans........

and then there are TEXANS FANS WOOOOOOOOO CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEASON TO START WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!:texflag:

What she said..!!!!!

I'll be there for the tailgating and the draft.

GlassHalfFull
04-24-2008, 10:25 AM
I started to put this in the other thread, but felt like it belonged here.

What are people planning on doing timewise??

Gates open at 11:00 am for tailgating

Draft starts at 2:00

We pick around 5:00

It is probably going to be 85 and humid. Just thought I should throw that into the mix.

Do we tailgate from 11-2, then go in the stadium from 2-5??

Or tailgate from 1-3:30 or so and go in the stadium as it nears our pick??

Hmmm, cheap beer and food + heat vs. airconditioning + expensive food and drinks.

Just throwing it out there for discussion.

Mr. White
04-24-2008, 12:13 PM
Hmmm, cheap beer and food + heat vs. airconditioning + expensive food and drinks.

Glad you brought this up.

How much should we expect to pay for food and drinks (specifically beer) inside?

That's gonna make a big difference with our plans. Mrs. White has me on a budget right now.

Yankee_In_TX
04-24-2008, 12:24 PM
Glad you brought this up.

How much should we expect to pay for food and drinks (specifically beer) inside?

That's gonna make a big difference with our plans. Mrs. White has me on a budget right now.

Same as game day. $7.50 a beer.

TxDavid
04-24-2008, 04:03 PM
I started to put this in the other thread, but felt like it belonged here.

What are people planning on doing timewise??

Gates open at 11:00 am for tailgating

Draft starts at 2:00

We pick around 5:00

It is probably going to be 85 and humid. Just thought I should throw that into the mix.

Do we tailgate from 11-2, then go in the stadium from 2-5??

Or tailgate from 1-3:30 or so and go in the stadium as it nears our pick??

You seem to be a half-hour behind today :)
Tailgating starts at 10:30 - not 11. Stadium opens at 1:30.

To answer your question, I will probably stay out in the lot for a bit before going in. However, those of you that wish to take a tour should go in as soon as the gates open & sign up. They fill up quick. If you have never done it - I recommend you do. It's worth it - and it's free.

The new cheerleader introductions & Toro will probably take place between 2-2:30 for those of you interested in that.

Not sure what else will take place, as there is 3 hours of time before we pick. They may have something, they may not.

Yankee_In_TX
04-24-2008, 08:52 PM
Will official tailgating be bad or good...?!?!

I just got an e-mail from a friend of mine's tailgate (one that is frequently up for TOTY). In the past, draft day has only been our small groups and I like that. But if everyone is rolling their mega huge/sponsored tailgates in, are we going to be fighting for space?

TxDavid
04-24-2008, 08:57 PM

I just got an e-mail from a friend of mine's tailgate (one that is frequently up for TOTY). In the past, draft day has only been our small groups and I like that. But if everyone is rolling their mega huge/sponsored tailgates in, are we going to be fighting for space?

I don't think we'll be fighting for space. I mean it's not like we are in our respective lots. Plus - the crowd will be smaller - not like gameday. Any spaces - no matter where - will be fine. It's not like we have to be in a certain spot.

hobie
04-24-2008, 09:17 PM

I see that, I am outta there quickly...Not that I mind them having that, but those mega sponsored tailgates isn't a true Texan tailgate, as I think you should know and have face to face with your guests, those might as well be cookoff teams from the Rodeo...

Again, that's fine for them, but I am with you, smaller is better !!

Yankee_In_TX
04-24-2008, 09:28 PM
I see that, I am outta there quickly...Not that I mind them having that, but those mega sponsored tailgates isn't a true Texan tailgate, as I think you should know and have face to face with your guests, those might as well be cookoff teams from the Rodeo...

Again, that's fine for them, but I am with you, smaller is better !!

We'll find out Saturday - maybe it's just that one tailgate and it'll all be fine :)

GlassHalfFull
04-24-2008, 09:39 PM
We'll find out Saturday - maybe it's just that one tailgate and it'll all be fine :)

What time are you getting there?

gary
04-24-2008, 09:49 PM
I'll be there sometime around when the doors open.

Texan_Lee
04-24-2008, 11:33 PM
So who is representing?

Blue Crew and.....

Haven't missed Draft Day yet, and I'm not starting this year.

I will be there!

If things work out right, I will get there for tailgating, go in for maybe the first few picks, then head back to the parking lot...

Yankee_In_TX
04-25-2008, 10:07 AM
What time are you getting there?

10:15, but we'll see how this year goes having the Mrs, back in tow! I used to leave for Reliant before she did on Sundays!

GlassHalfFull
04-25-2008, 10:12 AM
10:15, but we'll see how this year goes having the Mrs, back in tow! I used to leave for Reliant before she did on Sundays!

Which brings up a whole nother point. Are they charging for parking? Because if not, I could see my family having 2-3 cars there. It seems like there was no charge for parking last year, but my memory is really bad. I could also see them charging for the tailgating lot.

Yankee_In_TX
04-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Which brings up a whole nother point. Are they charging for parking? Because if not, I could see my family having 2-3 cars there. It seems like there was no charge for parking last year, but my memory is really bad. I could also see them charging for the tailgating lot.

Parking is free.

GlassHalfFull
04-25-2008, 10:22 AM
Parking is free.

Good, everyone has different things going on that day. Others in the family may need to leave early, and I don't want to do that.

Hardcore Texan
04-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Well it's official, I will not be there. I knew it was going to be tough with my nephews and niece at my parent's house in Chambers County anyway. But now we have to cancel the whole trip because my 3 yr. old has a stomach bug and a fever :( she can't keep anything down since 4 AM this morning.

Y'all have fun, I will be there in spirit. And any quick little prayers on the behalf of my precious little Kristen are deeply appreciated.

Dr2bKay
04-25-2008, 07:58 PM
I will be there...have sorority mtg first...where is the bull pen meeting at the tailgate?

Ted and Joe, I still have yall number...so I will call when I get in the lot...

Andrew6
04-25-2008, 08:38 PM
I will be there...have sorority mtg first...where is the bull pen meeting at the tailgate?

Ted and Joe, I still have yall number...so I will call when I get in the lot...

good question where is everyone meeting and I don't have y'alls numbers

SheTexan
04-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Doubtful I'll make the tailgate!:crying: Every event my grandkids participate in tomorrow comflict with each other. Both the girls compete between 10 and 2 and the little one's game won't be over until three. I am going to pick him up since his parents can't, one's at work the other with the girls, pick up Shadow and head to Reliant. HOPEFULLY, we'll make it there for the Texans pick.

You all have fun at the tailgate. I have missed you all so much this off season and would LOVE to see ya all again, BUT, it'll just have to wait for another time. I'll be thinking about ya though!!

GOOOOOO TEXANS!!! Make us proud!!:fans:

TxDavid
04-26-2008, 06:40 PM
I have someone's cooler. It's a small igloo playmate that was placed under my grill in my truck that I didn't see until I got home. If it's yours, PM me.

Tedc
04-27-2008, 09:10 AM
I had fun seeing everyone again. It really turned out to be a great day for tailgating. I hope someone took some pics.