PDA

View Full Version : Texans 2008 preview on ESPN NFL LIVE right now

DiehardChris
03-07-2008, 06:20 PM
CRAP - sorry, ESPN2... why can't I edit the subject title? Anyway...coming up next segment, or at least before the show ends at 630.

Malloy
03-07-2008, 06:22 PM
In Europe. Could you post a sum-up please?

ChrisG
03-07-2008, 06:24 PM
"mario williams was terrific"...."we have to be better in the AFC-S"..."they beat the Jags in a game the Jags didn't need"..."gotta stay healthy"..."texans will pick RB (stewart), CB or OLB at 18"

stuff we already kno...really surprised we received zero bashing

DiehardChris
03-07-2008, 06:28 PM
It was very positive.

All thought the defense will be much improved.

Michael Smith said Schaub did not live up to the hype and contract - but that it was due more to AJ being injured. He expects Schaub to have a really good season, and that he WILL live up to the contract.

Mel Kiper's draft options for Houston:

Jonathan Stewart
"A cornerback" - he didn't say the name, but they showed footage of the Talib kid from Kansas
Kieth Rivers OLB from USC

Nothing new, nothing exciting... but it was very positive and it's clear the analysts they had (Darren Woodson and Michael Smith) think we're a team on the rise.

Michael Smith has always been good to the Texans.

Tailgate
03-07-2008, 06:29 PM
Kiper stated RB Jonathen Stewart, CB Aqib Talib, and LB Keith Rivers as possible directions we could go in the draft.

Tailgate
03-07-2008, 06:29 PM

INDEED.

ChrisG
03-07-2008, 06:30 PM
AFTER THE NFL LIVE 32 TEAM REPORT

WILL THE TEXANS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN 2008
"no way the texans make the playoffs"..."not because of the texans but b/c of the division they are in"

which i don't see as true...we can easily pass Tenn and have a decent shot at the playoffs

DiehardChris
03-07-2008, 06:32 PM
They also just asked if the Texans will make the playoffs in 2008.

Smith said no, but not because of anything Houston's doing wrong, but because of how tough the division is.

ChrisG
03-07-2008, 06:33 PM
beat u to it Diehard :cowboy1:

Showtime100
03-07-2008, 06:35 PM
CRAP - sorry, ESPN2... why can't I edit the subject title? Anyway...coming up next segment, or at least before the show ends at 630.

(Sees this thread at 6:31) http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons%20II/thth2811.gif Thanks anyway though, DC. :)

ChrisG
03-07-2008, 06:41 PM
(Sees this thread at 6:31) http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons%20II/thth2811.gif Thanks anyway though, DC. :)

yea i was lucky and caught it about 30 seconds before it came on

ATXtexanfan
03-07-2008, 06:49 PM
thanks for the summary fellas

Hardcore Texan
03-07-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks guys, I am going to record SC tonight and see if it comes on again...oh wait it was NFL Live.

Second Honeymoon
03-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Thanks guys, I am going to record SC tonight and see if it comes on again.

it was on NFL Live..not SC. They could include it in SC but since it has to do with something that isn't Boston or New York-related, don't count on it.

sakebomb
03-07-2008, 08:06 PM
which i don't see as true...we can easily pass Tenn and have a decent shot at the playoffs

Don't hold your breath. I've been saying that for a while now. At least the passing the titans part.

I hope this is the year. It just has to be right? :fans:

ObsiWan
03-07-2008, 11:35 PM
AFTER THE NFL LIVE 32 TEAM REPORT

WILL THE TEXANS MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IN 2008
"no way the texans make the playoffs"..."not because of the texans but b/c of the division they are in"

Maybe. I but I kinda think we have to wait and see what the draft brings to each team.

We need to come out of camp with:
(1) a legit running game so we can keep the other AFC offenses cooling their heels on the sidelines.
(2) a solidified secondary - hopefully with Rogers-Cromartie or Talib added in the draft.
(3) a speed DE for 3rd and long situ's - unless Weaver magically transforms, he just ain't the answer

RipTraxx
03-08-2008, 12:56 AM
It was very positive.

All thought the defense will be much improved.

Michael Smith said Schaub did not live up to the hype and contract - but that it was due more to AJ being injured. He expects Schaub to have a really good season, and that he WILL live up to the contract.

Jonathan Stewart
"A cornerback" - he didn't say the name, but they showed footage of the Talib kid from Kansas
Kieth Rivers OLB from USC

Nothing new, nothing exciting... but it was very positive and it's clear the analysts they had (Darren Woodson and Michael Smith) think we're a team on the rise.

He's one of the few that has. I remember Mark Schlareth had good things to say about Schaub in the season opener.

Malloy
03-08-2008, 04:38 AM
Thanks guys! :)

infantrycak
03-08-2008, 07:34 AM

I'll bet Garrard doesn't throw 18 TD's with just 3 INT's next year.

rickyb
03-08-2008, 07:51 AM

True.

And it was Kiper who led the charge on Texan bashing -- IMHO, he had a cobb shoved somewhere because we continually wrecked his board.

The1ApplePie
03-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Biased USC fan, but Rivers is a beast! I would be shocked if he lasted till 18, but if Talib isn't there, I'd be happy to take him

BSofA04
03-08-2008, 11:27 AM

Jonathan Stewart
Keith Rivers OLB from USC

I know this guy is an excellent LB, but it's not like the Texans have a glaring weakness at that position. I'd be pissed if we selected him and Talib, Cromartie, Cason, Phillips, Jenkins and Williams were available.

Texan in Japan
03-08-2008, 11:35 AM
In Europe. Could you post a sum-up please?

Where in Europe?

I'm in Germany.

TexanAddict
03-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Where in Europe?

I'm in Germany.

Then I would say your name is terribly misleading :)

Maddict5
03-08-2008, 12:24 PM
malloy is from norway i think (or sweden but i think norway)... the only guy around here more foolish than me

Ole Miss Texan
03-08-2008, 02:01 PM
I think Rivers could be an excellent pick for the long term success of our team. Agreed though, I'd be more inclined to take aa LT or CB, but Rivers would make our Front 7 very solid. I also would have rather Patrick Willis last year and then a DT this year if we went that route.

AnthonyE
03-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Then I would say your name is terribly misleading :)

ROFL. Was thinking the same thing.

RipTraxx
03-09-2008, 10:44 AM
I think Rivers could be an excellent pick for the long term success of our team. Agreed though, I'd be more inclined to take aa LT or CB, but Rivers would make our Front 7 very solid. I also would have rather Patrick Willis last year and then a DT this year if we went that route.

I thought i was the only one who thought about Willis. Amobi turned out to be a nice pick, but i think Willis would've changed a couple games for us.

Malloy
03-09-2008, 10:47 AM
malloy is from norway i think (or sweden but i think norway)... the only guy around here more foolish than me

Close, I'm in Denmark :)

Bubbajwp
03-09-2008, 01:01 PM
I thought i was the only one who thought about Willis. Amobi turned out to be a nice pick, but i think Willis would've changed a couple games for us.

Drec + PWillis = really really bad situation for opposing RB's\

That for sure would have been fun to watch.

Fred Taylor goes through the hole eeeewww never mind.

Maddict5
03-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Close, I'm in Denmark :)

damnit, i knew it was scandanavia :thinking: