PDA

View Full Version : All-psycho team - a little off season fun

drewmar74
03-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Okay, how's about this? We spool up an "All-Psycho Team." 11 offensive players, 11 defensive players, K, P, and a special teamer. Floor is open for suggestions but just make sure that your player is a loudmouth, locker room cancer, felon, or notable malcontent. The ultimate goal is to pick a team of 25 players that would implode before the end of training camp.

*Edited to compile suggestions from thread*

Head Coach - Woody Hayes
OC - Kevin Gilbride
DC - Buddy Ryan

QB - Ryan Leaf
RB1 - Lawrence Phillips
RB2 - OJ Simpson
WR1 - Terrell Owens
WR2 - Rae Carruth
TE - Jerramy Stevens
OT - ??
OT - ??
OG - ??
OG - Conrad Dobler
C - Barrett Robbins

DT - Albert Haynesworth
DT - ??
DE - ??
DE - ??
LB - Ray Lewis
LB - Bill Romanowski
LB - Steve Foley
CB1 - DeAngelo Hall
CB2 - Adam "PacMan" Jones
S - Chuck Cecil
S - Roy "I give away yardage because I can't tackle legally" Williams

P - Todd Sauerbrun
K - Mike Vanderjagdt
ST - Jerome Mathis

On the bench
QB - Mike Vick
K - Sebastian Janikowski
RB - Maurice Clarett - hey, he went to camp with Houston North
RB - Onterrio Smith
LB - Lawrence Taylor
LB - Joey Porter
WR - Michael Irvin

BigBull17
03-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Okay, how's about this? We spool up an "All-Psycho Team." 11 offensive players, 11 defensive players, K, P, and a special teamer. Floor is open for suggestions but just make sure that your player is a loudmouth, locker room cancer, felon, or notable malcontent. The ultimate goal is to pick a team of 25 players that would implode before the end of training camp.

I started it, so take a peek and see what you think:

QB - Ryan Leaf
RB1 - Lawrence Phillips
RB2 - Onterrio Smith
WR1 - Terrell Owens (last year in Dallas notwithstanding)
WR2 - Rae Carruth
TE - Jerramy Stevens
OT - ??
OT - ??
OG - ??
OG - ??
C - ??

DT - Albert Haynesworth
DT - ??
DE - ??
DE - ??
LB - ??
LB - ??
LB - ??
CB1 - DeAngelo Hall
CB2 - ??
S - ??
S - ??

P - ?? (has there ever been a punter in trouble?)
K - Mike Vanderjagdt
ST - Jerome Mathis (heck, he choked his pregnant girlfriend)

How about Ray Lewis? Bare minimum, he knew the guy who disected someone. Or LT? He had a lot of issues. Fat Albert is mean as a rattlesnake. How can we forget Barret Robbins? So, there is your Center, MLB, OLB, and DT. Also add Steve Folley.

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 01:37 PM
OL- Jeff Alm

DiehardChris
03-05-2008, 01:39 PM

I started it, so take a peek and see what you think:

QB - Ryan Leaf
RB1 - Lawrence Phillips
RB2 - Onterrio Smith
WR1 - Terrell Owens (last year in Dallas notwithstanding)
WR2 - Rae Carruth
TE - Jerramy Stevens
OT - ??
OT - ??
OG - ??
OG - ??
C - ??

DT - Albert Haynesworth
DT - ??
DE - ??
DE - ??
LB - ??
LB - ??
LB - ??
CB1 - DeAngelo Hall
CB2 - ??
S - ??
S - ??

K - Mike Vanderjagdt
ST - Jerome Mathis (heck, he choked his pregnant girlfriend)

Offensive coordinator - Kevin Gilbride
Defensive coordinator - Buddy Ryan

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 01:40 PM
Vanderjagt is a good pick at kicker but if you need a back-up, Sebastian Janikowski

DiehardChris
03-05-2008, 01:40 PM
OL- Jeff Alm

Aw, you had to go there. LOL

(He was a DL, by the way)

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Can it be college football as well...?? If so, head coach Woody Hayes.

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 01:41 PM
Aw, you had to go there. LOL

(He was a DL, by the way)

Ahh, yes. You are correct. My bad.

DiehardChris
03-05-2008, 01:42 PM
Can it be college football as well...?? If so, head coach Woody Hayes.

If we include college - we have that punter who stabbed the punter who was ahead of him on the depth chart... don't remember the school or the names.

Doing it just NFL is harder though, more of a challenge.... I like a challenge...

DiehardChris
03-05-2008, 01:44 PM
Also - this team will have serious RB depth. Let's not forget about Maurice Clarrett and OJ Simpson.

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 01:47 PM
If we include college - we have that punter who stabbed the punter who was ahead of him on the depth chart... don't remember the school or the names.

Doing it just NFL is harder though, more of a challenge.... I like a challenge...

Northern Colorado...no?

*EDIT*

Yes.
Northern Colorado backup punter arrested
GREELEY, Colo. -- In a scenario reminiscent of Tonya Harding vs. Nancy Kerrigan, the backup punter at Northern Colorado has been accused of stabbing his rival in the leg -- his kicking leg.

Mitch Cozad, a sophomore from Wheatland, Wyo., allegedly attacked Rafael Mendoza in a parking lot this week.

Hervoyel
03-05-2008, 01:49 PM
I don't see how this team can take the field without Bill Romanowski. I just don't think it's possible to omit him.

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 01:50 PM
Wouldnt the CB#2 have to be Adam Jones??

drewmar74
03-05-2008, 01:51 PM
Wouldnt the CB#2 have to be Adam Jones??

Awesome! How did I forget PacMan?

hot pickle
03-05-2008, 02:09 PM
joey porter for a LB??? for his involvement in jumping the guy from the bengals in vegas?

Second Honeymoon
03-05-2008, 02:10 PM
OL- Jeff Alm

please don't go there...oh man, the real story on what happened is truly disturbing

DiehardChris
03-05-2008, 02:16 PM
please don't go there...oh man, the real story on what happened is truly disturbing

That's rumor. I know people who are part of the HPD, and it's BS. Truly disturbing? Yes. True - not even close. (this thread will self destruct in 3...2...1....)

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 02:19 PM
That's rumor. I know people who are part of the HPD, and it's BS. Truly disturbing? Yes. True - not even close. (this thread will self destruct in 3...2...1....)

Agreed.. The incident itself was disturbing enough, but I also know a person that was involved (also HPD), and the rumors were not true.

DiehardChris
03-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Yeah and the thing is - all the HPD guys I know LOVE to gossip and tell people stuff they should never ever let get out in public... if it were true, they'd be all too happy to not only discuss the details, but they'd go ferret out the paperwork and share it.

Goldensilence
03-05-2008, 02:28 PM
back up QB Mike Vick.

I'm sure there could very well be some old school guys here that could be catergorized and psycho...on the field at least.

Specnatz
03-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Safety - Chuck Ceciel only cause of his repeated helmet to helmet hits and fines and suspensions to go with it. The other safety could be Roy "Horsecollar" williams for now until better has been chosen.

bah007
03-05-2008, 02:43 PM

Todd Sauerbrun?

Specnatz
03-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Todd Sauerbrun?

Busted for Roids.

Hervoyel
03-05-2008, 03:05 PM
The real sad thing about putting together an "All-Psycho" NFL team is how quickly and easily we can fill out an entire roster. I think if we worked on this for a couple of days we'd be forced to cut a few excellent players (with a screw or two loose) because of the amazing depth of troublemakers and nutbars in the league.

drewmar74
03-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Awesome.

Herv, to your point, we've already had to kick some folks to the bench because they simply weren't bad enough.

You could almost field a whole other "B team."

Still need some offensive and defensive tackles, d ends, and offensive guards.

Koolaid Time
03-05-2008, 03:14 PM
How does TO outrank Michael Irvin?

Showtime100
03-05-2008, 03:17 PM
Did I overlook, or is Jack Tatum to sane for the team??

drewmar74
03-05-2008, 03:17 PM
How does TO outrank Michael Irvin?

I stuck TO on there because he's thrown a couple of QB's under the bus and has only recently began to act like something roughly akin to a teammate.

Irvin is a nice suggestion, though, based on his old dealings with blow and women of ill-repute. I didn't put him on there, though, because he seems to have straightend his life out.

We might could insert him in some three-wide sets, though.

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 03:19 PM
The real sad thing about putting together an "All-Psycho" NFL team is how quickly and easily we can fill out an entire roster. I think if we worked on this for a couple of days we'd be forced to cut a few excellent players (with a screw or two loose) because of the amazing depth of troublemakers and nutbars in the league.

That's actually a pretty sad commentary.

For OL, add Conrad Dobler

Conrad Dobler, NFL, 1972–1981
by John Stravinsky
November 2nd, 1999 12:00 AM

"When I hit a guy," Conrad Dobler liked to say, "I'll hit him in the throat. He doesn't have any pads on his throat."

DiehardChris
03-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Irvin just got popped for drug paraphernalia only a year ago. It cost him his ESPN job if I remember right.

Hutch13
03-05-2008, 03:20 PM
How about that backup punter for Northern Colorado who stabbed the starting punter in the leg so he could start? I know he's not NFL material but I think he makes up for it in Craziness.

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Northern Colorado...no?

*EDIT*

Yes.
Northern Colorado backup punter arrested
GREELEY, Colo. -- In a scenario reminiscent of Tonya Harding vs. Nancy Kerrigan, the backup punter at Northern Colorado has been accused of stabbing his rival in the leg -- his kicking leg.

Mitch Cozad, a sophomore from Wheatland, Wyo., allegedly attacked Rafael Mendoza in a parking lot this week.

How about that backup punter for Northern Colorado who stabbed the starting punter in the leg so he could start? I know he's not NFL material but I think he makes up for it in Craziness.

That guy?? :splits:

DiehardChris
03-05-2008, 03:25 PM

Thread's not already so long that you can't read it first? LOL

jgl35
03-05-2008, 03:27 PM
OT Kevin Allen, Eagles first round pick in the 1985 draft. Convicted of raping a woman on a New Jersey beach before the start of his first training camp.

Hutch13
03-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Thread's not already so long that you can't read it first? LOL

That guy?? :splits:

Ya my bad. It's been a long day.

EDIT: Leonard Little's gotta be on that list. The man killed a women from drinking and driving. http://www.nndb.com/people/032/000045894/

ChampionTexan
03-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Also - this team will have serious RB depth. Let's not forget about Maurice Clarrett and OJ Simpson.

For obvious (and less obvious) reasons, this list was made to include Joe Don Looney at RB:

His tenure in Washington was largely uneventful. He had 55 carries for 178 yards. The only highlight of his time with the Redskins came on a play in which he didn't even have the ball. He was pass protecting for quarterback Sonny Jurgensen on a play, and ended up leveling an onrushing pass rusher with a right hook to the jaw.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Don_Looney

V Man
03-05-2008, 03:33 PM
For TE, you could add Jeremy Shockey. He will go crazy from his Homo-phobe, thinking everyone on his team is looking at him funny.

For DE, add Shawn Merriman (sp), goes crazy from roid rage.

Specnatz
03-05-2008, 03:47 PM
RB - Bam Morris

The lineman who got busted with large amounts of pot I think for the comboys.

Showtime100
03-05-2008, 03:52 PM
Mike Curtis, Colt's linebacker from way back. So far back his number was #32.

TheIronDuke
03-05-2008, 04:03 PM
RB - Bam Morris

The lineman who got busted with large amounts of pot I think for the comboys.

Nate Newton?

Specnatz
03-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Nate Newton?

Yeah that be the dumbass I was thinking about.

I am bad with names, so what about the guy who was busted for selling perscription drugs through the mail who was a FA last year. the guy who lives in Houston.

feebleminded
03-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah that be the dumbass I was thinking about.

I am bad with names, so what about the guy who was busted for selling perscription drugs through the mail who was a FA last year. the guy who lives in Houston.

Terrence Kiel?

How about Leonard Little at DE?

Blazing Arrow
03-05-2008, 04:08 PM
DT - Albert Haynesworth

I always saw TX as a beer state not a whine state .... :thinking:

must be wrong.

Brando
03-05-2008, 04:09 PM

must be wrong.

Get over yourself, we are just having fun. It's the off-season. If you don't like it, stop reading.

Blazing Arrow
03-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Get over yourself, we are just having fun. It's the off-season. If you don't like it, stop reading.

Take a joke .... I was just messing with you all because it gets such a rise when anyone dare not talk bad about AH ...

I missed did the wife choker on the Texans make the list?

drewmar74
03-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Head Coach - Woody Hayes
OC - Kevin Gilbride
DC - Buddy Ryan

QB - Ryan Leaf
RB1 - Lawrence Phillips
RB2 - OJ Simpson
WR1 - Terrell Owens
WR2 - Rae Carruth
TE - Jerramy Stevens
OT - ??
OT - ??
OG - Nate Newton
OG - Conrad Dobler
C - Barrett Robbins

DT - Albert Haynesworth
DT - ??
DE - ??
DE - Leonard Little
LB - Ray Lewis
LB - Bill Romanowski
LB - Steve Foley
CB1 - DeAngelo Hall
S - Chuck Cecil
S - Roy "I give away yardage because I can't tackle legally" Williams

P - Todd Sauerbrun
K - Mike Vanderjagdt
ST - Jerome Mathis

On the bench
QB - Mike Vick
K - Sebastian Janikowski
RB - Onterrio Smith
RB - Bam Morris
RB - Joe Don Looney
LB - Lawrence Taylor
LB - Joey Porter
LB - Mike Curtis
WR - Michael Irvin

drewmar74
03-05-2008, 04:14 PM
Take a joke .... I was just messing with you all because it gets such a rise when anyone dare not talk bad about AH ...

Heck, he's our special teams ace (when he's not busy terrorizing the neighborhood with his dogs or committing domestic abuse!)

Brando
03-05-2008, 04:15 PM

Yes he did.

Goldensilence
03-05-2008, 04:15 PM

Well in his defense he does have two starters on the team.:devilpig:

A bit surprised no Bengals have been listed yet.

Goldensilence
03-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Heck, he's our special teams ace (when he's not busy terrorizing the neighborhood with his dogs or committing domestic abuse!)

Question is will his injuries keep him from starting?

Blazing Arrow
03-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Shouldn't there be a minimum number of games played to get put on this list?

I am not sure Adam Jones qualifies ....

No Ricky Williams ... and I was sure Henry for Cinci would make it.

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Minnesota Vikings 'Love Boat' crew...circa 2005

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 04:29 PM

Stoners usually don't go psycho... Hungry - yes, psycho - no.

And there is no way Adam 'Game Over' Jones isn't on this list.

DiehardChris
03-05-2008, 04:34 PM
Safety - Chuck Ceciel only cause of his repeated helmet to helmet hits and fines and suspensions to go with it. The other safety could be Roy "Horsecollar" williams for now until better has been chosen.

THAT is a great choice, Spec. And bonus points for an ex-Oiler!

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 04:41 PM

must be wrong.

Haynesworth 'has' to be on the list. In one fail swoop he redefined, psycho, douche and punk....

Specnatz
03-05-2008, 05:45 PM

But when you such a screw-up like Qubert you have to make the list.

bah007
03-05-2008, 06:11 PM
For TE, you could add Jeremy Shockey. He will go crazy from his Homo-phobe, thinking everyone on his team is looking at him funny.

Shockey is a clown.

But there is no way there could be any TE on the list other than Jerramy Stevens.

The guy is straight-up criminal garbage. It's funny how little the law applies to some people just because they have a little bit of football talent.

feebleminded
03-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Shockey is a clown.

But there is no way there could be any TE on the list other than Jerramy Stevens.

The guy is straight-up criminal garbage. It's funny how little the law applies to some people just because they have a little bit of football talent.

I think Mark Chmura has to be a 1b to Stevens as a 1a.

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 06:58 PM
Shockey is a clown.

I think Mark Chmura has to be a 1b to Stevens as a 1a.

Nicely done for both picks...

drewmar74
03-05-2008, 07:46 PM
Nicely done for both picks...

QFT.

BigBull17
03-05-2008, 08:56 PM
As much as it sucks, add TJ at DT. Its only fair.

BigBull17
03-05-2008, 09:01 PM
joey porter for a LB??? for his involvement in jumping the guy from the bengals in vegas?

Add the Bengal OLineman. He wasnt all inocent in the fight, if I remember correctly. Actually, what about the RB who missed the SUper Bowl because he was coked up?

Specnatz
03-05-2008, 09:02 PM
As much as it sucks, add TJ at DT. Its only fair.

Fair? What did TJ do besides run his mouth, he has never been busted for drugs or stomp on someones head.

Koolaid Time
03-05-2008, 09:05 PM
Actually, what about the RB who missed the SUper Bowl because he was coked up?

Stanley Wilson.. I havn't head that name in ages...

BigBull17
03-05-2008, 09:54 PM
Fair? What did TJ do besides run his mouth, he has never been busted for drugs or stomp on someones head.

Eh, he was a little mean, thought I dont blame him. Woould Dana Stubblefield count? He is in the big house.

Brando
03-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Free Safety Eugene Robinson for soliciting sex from an undercover police officer on the night before the Super Bowl.

Nice bench player for the team.

Specnatz
03-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Eh, he was a little mean, thought I dont blame him. Woould Dana Stubblefield count? He is in the big house.

Dexter Manly or Charles Mann both did time if I am not mistaken

mexican_texan
03-05-2008, 10:13 PM
OL Steve Wisniewski

mexican_texan
03-05-2008, 10:14 PM
Oh, and Jack Tatum.

drewmar74
03-05-2008, 10:20 PM
Free Safety Eugene Robinson for soliciting sex from an undercover police officer on the night before the Super Bowl.

Nice bench player for the team.

Actually, I think that soliciting a prostitute on the eve of the big dance might get him a full-time starter's position....

And no, probably not the kind of positions he had in mind when he solicited the cop.

drewmar74
03-05-2008, 10:24 PM
Head Coach - Woody Hayes
OC - Kevin Gilbride
DC - Buddy Ryan

QB - Ryan Leaf
RB1 - Lawrence Phillips
RB2 - OJ Simpson
WR1 - Terrell Owens
WR2 - Rae Carruth
TE - Jerramy Stevens
OT - Steve Wisnewski
OT - ??
OG - Nate Newton
OG - Conrad Dobler
C - Barrett Robbins

DT - Albert Haynesworth
DT - Dexter Manley
DE - Charles Mann
DE - Leonard Little
LB - Ray Lewis
LB - Bill Romanowski
LB - Steve Foley
CB1 - DeAngelo Hall
S - Chuck Cecil
S - Eugene "hey, you workin'?" Robinson

P - Todd Sauerbrun
K - Mike Vanderjagdt
ST - Jerome Mathis

On the bench
QB - Mike Vick
K - Sebastian Janikowski
RB - Onterrio Smith
RB - Bam Morris
RB - Joe Don Looney
LB - Lawrence Taylor
LB - Joey Porter
LB - Mike Curtis
DE - Travis Johnson
WR - Michael Irvin
S - Roy Williams
S - Jack Tatum

drewmar74
03-05-2008, 10:30 PM
Can we change the coach to Jerry Glanville?

Specnatz
03-05-2008, 11:37 PM
WOW I have 5 starters and 2 reserves so far. :shades:

bigfan77801
03-05-2008, 11:51 PM
What about Leon "Cocaine" Lett?
On second thought why not the entire Cryboys team from the 90's?

bah007
03-06-2008, 12:07 AM
What about Leon "Cocaine" Lett?
On second thought why not the entire Cryboys team from the 90's?

Aikman & Smith...?

Dont know bout that.

bigfan77801
03-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Aikman & Smith...?

Dont know bout that.

O.k, How about with the Aikman and Smith being the exceptions that prove the rule?:)

DiehardChris
03-06-2008, 12:21 AM
Actually, I think you could get Emmitt for crimes against the English language.

bah007
03-06-2008, 12:27 AM
Actually, I think you could get Emmitt for crimes against the English language.

LOL.

Can't put Larry Allen or Jay Novachek on there either. Or Darren Woodson.

I can only think of five people from that team that aren't assholes. Wow.

Brando
03-06-2008, 08:51 AM

Barry Switzer anyone?

Texan_Bill
03-06-2008, 08:55 AM

I think a coach that slugs the opposing team's MLB before slugging his own guard trumps someone who left tickets for Elvis... JMO though.

Texan_Bill
03-06-2008, 09:02 AM
There has got to be room for Leon......

Link: Leon Interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BkIh1R5utY&NR=1)

Reporter: "There is no 'I' in team"
Leon: "there ain't no 'we' either.."

Mr teX
03-06-2008, 10:28 AM
Don't know if he's been mentioned but......

http://deadlinepublishing.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/turley.jpg

Mr. Kyle Turd-ley

& This guy here is a definite starter @ WR
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/images/football/nfl/players/3897.jpg
Mr. Rae "baby mama drama" Carruth. Can't you just see the "psycho-ness" in his eyes?