PDA

View Full Version : Demps Signed!!!!

Brando
03-04-2008, 09:59 PM
per Mark Berman of Channel 26 Demps signed a 2 year contract with the Texans.

I am happy to hear that we re-signed him.

:texflag:

TEXANS84
03-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Cool, great news. Finally we have a secured saftey position.

Polo
03-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Excellent news

Blake
03-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Great news. This was a top priority IMO.

Love this guy!

Silver Oak
03-04-2008, 10:02 PM
glad to hear it!!!

RipTraxx
03-04-2008, 10:02 PM
There is a god and today he was a Texans fan!

NICE JOB RICK SMITH!

The smartest move in FA YET!

drewmar74
03-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Sweet!

Hopefully a combination of Demps, Harrison, Brown, and Earl will give us good enough depth at the safety position so that we can get after some more CB's!

Ole Miss Texan
03-04-2008, 10:16 PM

NICE JOB RICK SMITH!

Thanks alot?

Signed,

Andre Davis

LOL, but seriously this is a great signing. I'm so glad we kept Demps AND Davis! This really shows me some good things to get these guys back: about the Texans, coaching staff, Kubiak, Smith, etc.

GlassHalfFull
03-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Great news!!! :fans:

drewmar74
03-04-2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks alot?

Signed,

Andre Davis

LOL, but seriously this is a great signing. I'm so glad we kept Demps AND Davis! This really shows me some good things to get these guys back: about the Texans, coaching staff, Kubiak, Smith, etc.

More telling, perhaps, is the fact that the guys wanted to come back rather than run screaming from the building.

Culture shift, anyone?

Goldensilence
03-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Smart quiet moves by Rick Smith. This team is completely committed to building through the draft and it shows.

I think we've solidified our secondary with this signing and getting someone to cover our CB base with Reeves. I'm expecting us to make a run at a vet RB as well.

Wouldn't mind making a run at Olivea either. All in all looks like this will put us in a position to have our choice of BPA at a need.

michaelm

I believe you if you say you saw it, but I'll feel better when I can see it myself.
Just so you know, if you're punking us, I'm coming through the internet to stab you in the neck with a pork chop bone...! :jk:

(sad that I feel like I have to put a j/k in there in case someone actually thinks I can come through the internet with a pork chop bone...)

Hardcore Texan
Sweet!

Hopefully a combination of Demps, Harrison, Brown, and Earl will give us good enough depth at the safety position so that we can get after some more CB's!

Exactly, I think we are pretty set at safety, we can focus on other areas of need, especially CB.

Great job the the GM.

Tulip
03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm very pleased. The kid hits hard.

michaelm
03-04-2008, 10:22 PM
I believe you if you say you saw it, but I'll feel better when I can see it myself.
Just so you know, if you're punking us, I'm coming through the internet to stab you in the neck with a pork chop bone...! :jk:

(sad that I feel like I have to put a j/k in there in case someone actually thinks I can come through the internet with a pork chop bone...)

Just saw it on NFL network.
2 Years, 4.7 mil.

Nice price, IMO.

RipTraxx
03-04-2008, 10:23 PM
Thanks alot?

Signed,

Andre Davis

LOL nice one. Almost forgot

DiehardChris
YEAH!!!!! And that's not an outrageous contract!!

Texans Pride
Glad to see him coming back!

I think with a full offseason as well as training camp, Demps is going to prove to be a solid piece of our secondary.

drewmar74
03-04-2008, 10:25 PM
2 Years, 4.7 mil.

Nice price, IMO.

Thank God.

I was afraid that michaelm was going to have to kill someone....

Texans Pride
03-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Here's the link:

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=5941333&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1

Free agent safety Will Demps told FOX 26 Sports he will return to the Houston Texans after agreeing to a new contract Tuesday night.

"I have agreed to a 2-year deal," said Demps. "So I will continue playing with the Texans.

"I wanted to get it done. I didn't want to take any visits."

The Texans signed Demps following the first game of the 2007 season after he was released by the Giants. He played in 15 games for Houston starting eight.

"Houston is the place I wanted to be," Demps said. "I am excited because this is the place where I really felt comfortable."

Demps was voted as an alternate to the 2008 Pro Bowl.

GuerillaBlack
03-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Good news!

JayCee
03-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Thats Quacktastic!

Hutch13
03-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Sweet! I love it.

AnthonyE
03-04-2008, 10:34 PM
More telling, perhaps, is the fact that the guys wanted to come back rather than run screaming from the building.

Culture shift, anyone?

That almost brings a tear to my eye.

drewmar74
03-04-2008, 10:36 PM
That almost brings a tear to my eye.

Great newz?

We haz it.

Second Honeymoon
03-04-2008, 10:39 PM
2 Years, 4.7 mil.

Nice price, IMO.

very good price especially in this offseason's market. it sounds like we are starting to not have to overpay anymore and people just want to start.

this signing and the money makes me think we may have shaken the expansion tag...sure hope so..i thought he was a dolphin for sure

RipTraxx
03-04-2008, 10:40 PM
After all he was a probowl alternate and didnt even PLAY THE FULL SEASON. No telling what will happen now, with a year in this system, Ray Rhodes on Staff, and a full off season workout?

UH OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BSofA04
03-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Great news indeed! But I see this move differently than others here. I figure that this move ALLOWS us to look at the offensive side of the ball in Round 1, being either RB or OT. This draft is really deep at CB, so taking a guy in the 3rd (or maybe 2nd w/ trade) that's not as polished as a 1st day CB is a definate scenerio. And with the Texan staff having a keen eye for talent, we could be drafting the next Bennett. Cheers!

Nawzer
03-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Ok maybe now he can finally update his website! Maybe add some new and better photos of himself? He certainly has the money to do so now...;)

03-04-2008, 11:13 PM
i'm actually very excited about this. he played pretty well during his tenure as a starter (WORK ON YOUR HANDS, MAN!!!), and i would have been even more worried about our already questionable secondary had he left.

good job, rick.

WesmanTexanfan
03-04-2008, 11:23 PM

YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

DiehardChris
03-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Ok maybe now he can finally update his website! Maybe add some new and better photos of himself? He certainly has the money to do so now...;)

You mean like this one?

http://eagsportsmanagement.net/WillDempsVibeMagPortrait.jpg

Insideop
03-04-2008, 11:28 PM
i'm actually very excited about this. he played pretty well during his tenure as a starter (WORK ON YOUR HANDS, MAN!!!), and i would have been even more worried about our already questionable secondary had he left.

good job, rick.

Should have better hands now that his "monster arm cast/club" is off! At least I hope so. Good signing!

TexanAddict
03-04-2008, 11:29 PM
I saw this article yesterday about the Redskins bringing him in for a visit (nobody panic this was written March 1st):

Safety Will Demps likely will be the first free agent to meet with the Washington Redskins this year when he visits Redskin Park later this week
In the wake of the shooting death of Pro Bowl starter Sean Taylor in November, the Redskins are looking for a safety to play next to LaRon Landry.
Washington Times (http://washingtontimes.com/article/20080302/SPORTS01/360414509/1005/sports)

After seeing that and knowing the Redskins' prior history of breaking the bank in FA, I thought Demps was as good as gone. Makes me appeciate the job Rick Smith is doing even more, especially considering the reported contract seems very reasonable. Go Texans!

beerlover
03-04-2008, 11:33 PM
it seems this is really the 1st year the players are buying in & the Texans don't have to break the bank to get them signed, thats a positive transformation thats not going unnoticed throughout the NFL :thumbup

Second Honeymoon
03-04-2008, 11:35 PM
This really takes Kenny Phillips out of the Texans radar at face value, but why not turn a weakness into a strength if KP is your bpa at #18? Phillips does a good job in space too and based on Richard Smith's defensive scheme in the secondary, there is a lot of open space. In 2006 KP was arguably the DPOY and he just had an off 2007 campaign by his lofty standards.

After McFadden, Mendenhall, and Gholston, I have KP as the most likely guy to make an impact from Day One. CC can't cover his own shadow and pretty much needs to go. Why not roll out Demps and Phillips as your starting Safety tandem? I think that would take a weakness and turn it into a strength, and would help things out while Dunta rehabs and gets back.

Bennett, Reeves, Demps, Phillips. That aint a bad secondary at all from Day One. Or just sign McRee instead of drafting KP and draft one of the young corners and then you are even ramping up the domination. I want go get fired up about this defense and retaining Demps makes me feel good about that going forward....even though his website is selfindulgentnarcissism.com

Thanks Bob for ponying up the money to sign Demps...and not overpay. Nice Job.

Second Honeymoon
03-04-2008, 11:36 PM
it seems this is really the 1st year the players are buying in & the Texans don't have to break the bank to get them signed, thats a positive transformation thats not going unnoticed throughout the NFL :thumbup

totally man. no more expansion tag.

beerlover
03-04-2008, 11:41 PM
This really takes Kenny Phillips out of the Texans radar at face value, but why not turn a weakness into a strength if KP is your bpa at #18? Phillips does a good job in space too and based on Richard Smith's defensive scheme in the secondary, there is a lot of open space. In 2006 KP was arguably the DPOY and he just had an off 2007 campaign by his lofty standards.

After McFadden, Mendenhall, and Gholston, I have KP as the most likely guy to make an impact from Day One. CC can't cover his own shadow and pretty much needs to go. Why not roll out Demps and Phillips as your starting Safety tandem? I think that would take a weakness and turn it into a strength, and would help things out while Dunta rehabs and gets back.

Bennett, Reeves, Demps, Phillips. That aint a bad secondary at all from Day One. Or just sign McRee instead of drafting KP and draft one of the young corners and then you are even ramping up the domination. I want go get fired up about this defense and retaining Demps makes me feel good about that going forward.

Thanks Bob for ponying up the money to sign Demps...and not overpay. Nice Job.

I would rather add some speed to play along side Demps & CC. Phillips is not fast (4.55) this sets up more for a 4.33 guy like DRC in 1st or Antwaun Molden, Eastern Kentucky 4.39 in 3rd.

WesmanTexanfan
03-04-2008, 11:53 PM
MAAAAAAAAAAN....

I miss Dunta:cry2: :crying: :cry2: :crying:

sorry, but seeing all these secondary talk makes me think about my Favorite Texan, Mr. Robinson, Get Healthy buddy....

Hate to be Bummer Bob, but I just have heart for the guy.....

bckey
03-04-2008, 11:53 PM
This is great news! Thanks for staying in Houston Will!

mussop
03-05-2008, 12:09 AM
Great news indeed! But I see this move differently than others here. I figure that this move ALLOWS us to look at the offensive side of the ball in Round 1, being either RB or OT. This draft is really deep at CB, so taking a guy in the 3rd (or maybe 2nd w/ trade) that's not as polished as a 1st day CB is a definate scenerio. And with the Texan staff having a keen eye for talent, we could be drafting the next Bennett. Cheers!

This works 2 ways

Great news indeed! But I see this move differently than others here. I figure that this move ALLOWS us to look at the OT or CB in Round 1. This draft is really deep at RB, so taking a guy in the 3rd (or maybe 2nd w/ trade) that's not as polished as a 1st day RB is a definate scenerio.

See what I mean?

kiwitexansfan
03-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Didn't expect to retain him, so excited about that, estatic about the price we paid for him too.

I think like others that retaining Davis and Demps indicate our players believe success lies in the Texans future.

TK_Gamer
03-05-2008, 12:50 AM
I think this solidifies what we allready knew, CB, OL, and RB are now set for early round priorties. I'm really glad that we got Demps back, but really worried we lost Hutchins. we needed to add vetran CB to fill in for Dunta, instead we got a backup to fill in for Hutchins. I really hope we are able to get lucky in the draft and get someone that can start right away.If we sign another corner in FA I would feel better about our #18 pick. Then we could move corner to the 3rd and concentrate on taking either a RB or OT in the first. Demps signing is positive though, I'm glad.

Specnatz
03-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Didn't expect to retain him, so excited about that, estatic about the price we paid for him too.

I think like others that retaining Davis and Demps indicate our players believe success lies in the Texans future.

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/party-surprise.gif

http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o195/Specnatz/bravo.gif Rick Smith.

This is great and exciting news and a complete shock.

Malloy
03-05-2008, 03:53 AM
You mean like this one?

He has a look and is not afraid to show it off. I thought that was what America was all about, being proud of what you have instead of feeling ashamed of it :)

whiskeyrbl
03-05-2008, 04:10 AM
Solid move. Now let's get our future CB, LT, and RB. Heres to having a great draft!

Overalls
03-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Close your eyes.

Fat man fixin' to do a happy dance.

TEXANRED
03-05-2008, 06:32 AM
I said it at some point last year that our two top FA targets were our own players, Davis and Demps (DD, ha). I can now sleep better at night.

Think they will start selling a Texans man thong with Demps' picture on it at the home games?

RipTraxx
03-05-2008, 07:15 AM
I said it at some point last year that our two top FA targets were our own players, Davis and Demps (DD, ha). I can now sleep better at night.

Think they will start selling a Texans man thong with Demps' picture on it at the home games?

LMAO FLAG ON THE PLAY!!!!!!

El Tejano
03-05-2008, 07:20 AM

NICE JOB RICK SMITH!

Excuse me but God IS a Texan Fan!

Mr. White
03-05-2008, 07:21 AM
Time to change the signature. The offseason can now be considered a success.

Signed,
Middle-age cougars with big hair
Houston female teenagers
Montrose men
and me

The man-crush lives on

RipTraxx
03-05-2008, 07:22 AM
Excuse me but God IS a Texan Fan!

I stand corrected.....

drewmar74
03-05-2008, 07:35 AM
You mean like this one?

http://eagsportsmanagement.net/WillDempsVibeMagPortrait.jpg

Pimpin' ain't easy but its necessary
so while I'm chasin' b****es like Tom chases Jerry,
I put da pedal to da flo
in my two-tone fo'd explorer

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2008, 07:43 AM
Pimpin' ain't easy but its necessary
so while I'm chasin' b****es like Tom chases Jerry,
I put da pedal to da flo
in my two-tone fo'd explorer

LOL, is it just me? But I find it really funny this artist is rapping about Ford Explorers.

Goldensilence
03-05-2008, 08:28 AM
I think this solidifies what we allready knew, CB, OL, and RB are now set for early round priorties. I'm really glad that we got Demps back, but really worried we lost Hutchins. we needed to add vetran CB to fill in for Dunta, instead we got a backup to fill in for Hutchins. I really hope we are able to get lucky in the draft and get someone that can start right away.If we sign another corner in FA I would feel better about our #18 pick. Then we could move corner to the 3rd and concentrate on taking either a RB or OT in the first. Demps signing is positive though, I'm glad.

I think some people are misunderstanding the Reeves Signing. You don't sign a guy with that contract to play the Von Hutchins role. Barring us going CB first round and him having an amazing TC. I am fairly sure our starting CB's out of the gate next year will be Bennett and Reeves. He's not the guy people on this board wanted but he's who the staff felt fitted what they wanted.

The more I look at their safety choices the more I am inclined to believe we aren't going to have ball hawking safeties for the most part. They seem to want enforcers over the middle. The fact they tendered CC high says a lot.

nunusguy
03-05-2008, 08:36 AM
MAAAAAAAAAAN....

I miss Dunta:cry2: :crying: :cry2: :crying:

sorry, but seeing all these secondary talk makes me think about my Favorite Texan, Mr. Robinson, Get Healthy buddy....

Hate to be Bummer Bob, but I just have heart for the guy.....
I feel the same about D-Rob, that's why I've already sent him 2 cards as a
heads-up that he has fans who follow his personal situation and are thinking of him and pulling for his rehab/recovery. I think it can only have a positive effect upon his morale. You might want to do the same thing ?
On the subject of Demps: Very good News !

HOU-TEX
03-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Now that he'll be a Texan for this season, does anyone have any info on his elbow? Did he have it cut on to tighten up some ligaments?

I'm giving him a break for last season's numerous dropped balls due to the elbow brace. I watched the Bronco game again last night. He had a great game and would've been outstanding if he'd held on to at least one of the balls that hit his hands.:cool:

dalemurphy
03-05-2008, 08:48 AM
I think some people are misunderstanding the Reeves Signing. You don't sign a guy with that contract to play the Von Hutchins role. Barring us going CB first round and him having an amazing TC. I am fairly sure our starting CB's out of the gate next year will be Bennett and Reeves. He's not the guy people on this board wanted but he's who the staff felt fitted what they wanted.

The more I look at their safety choices the more I am inclined to believe we aren't going to have ball hawking safeties for the most part. They seem to want enforcers over the middle. The fact they tendered CC high says a lot.

Maybe you're right but I think their safety choices has more to do with what's available. I was really interested in Madieu Williams. I thought he could really help us with our coverage. However, he was thrown ridiculous money. Other than Williams, I just don't see many true FSs out there.

Dallas_Texan
03-05-2008, 08:52 AM
Maybe you're right but I think their safety choices has more to do with what's available. I was really interested in Madieu Williams. I thought he could really help us with our coverage. However, he was thrown ridiculous money. Other than Williams, I just don't see many true FSs out there.

There is one....but we won't have him until the end of the year.....D Rob!! haha. I know, I know, he may be too small. Tell him that though!

Mr. White
03-05-2008, 09:06 AM
Now that he'll be a Texan for this season, does anyone have any info on his elbow? Did he have it cut on to tighten up some ligaments?

I'm giving him a break for last season's numerous dropped balls due to the elbow brace. I watched the Bronco game again last night. He had a great game and would've been outstanding if he'd held on to at least one of the balls that hit his hands.:cool:

I've noticed this also. Most other guys will put their hands up to their heads or jump up and down when they miss an INT.

At least this guy will drop and give you 20 for missing one. He might be metro, but he plays with a blue-collar attitude.

I don't think it's any coincidence that the secondary (and the defense) took on a new attitude when Demps assumed starting duties.

Goldensilence
03-05-2008, 09:06 AM
There is one....but we won't have him until the end of the year.....D Rob!! haha. I know, I know, he may be too small. Tell him that though!

No, No and No.

Dale I thought we had a good shot at picking up a good FS last year with Josh Gattis of Wake Forrest. They picked Brandon Harrison instead. Even up Gattis being released they didn't bite. Donvan Darius was released by the Raiders and no bite.

FWIW I am curious to see a healthy Brandon Harrison and Brandon Mitchell from the PS.

dalemurphy
03-05-2008, 09:14 AM
No, No and No.

Dale I thought we had a good shot at picking up a good FS last year with Josh Gattis of Wake Forrest. They picked Brandon Harrison instead. Even up Gattis being released they didn't bite. Donvan Darius was released by the Raiders and no bite.

FWIW I am curious to see a healthy Brandon Harrison and Brandon Mitchell from the PS.

I don't think choosing Harrison over Gattis is an indicator. After all, Harrison played quite a bit of corner in college. Regarding Darius, I'm not sure if he's listed as a FS or SS, but believe me, he's not a guy that will help our pass coverage. Furthermore, I don't think this team needs to accumulate anyone else that can't stay healthy.

It's possible that Brandon Harrison makes a big impact on the secondary this year. Remember, his season was a wash largely because he couldn't attend any of the minicamps due to collegiate rules.

If we draft nobody at S, I expect a pretty healthy competition between these guys:

Demps, Brown, Simmons, BHarrison, BMitchell...

When I look at that list, most of those guys I would categorize as cover safeties more than enforcers- though, I'm not sure how good they'll be nor do they have the kind of speed to be a ball-hawking centerfielder.

TheRealJoker
03-05-2008, 09:14 AM
I am very happy we signed our own top 2 FAs. I'm even more happy that our top 2 FAs actually had value.

Goldensilence
03-05-2008, 09:25 AM
I don't think choosing Harrison over Gattis is an indicator. After all, Harrison played quite a bit of corner in college. Regarding Darius, I'm not sure if he's listed as a FS or SS, but believe me, he's not a guy that will help our pass coverage. Furthermore, I don't think this team needs to accumulate anyone else that can't stay healthy.

It's possible that Brandon Harrison makes a big impact on the secondary this year. Remember, his season was a wash largely because he couldn't attend any of the minicamps due to collegiate rules.

If we draft nobody at S, I expect a pretty healthy competition between these guys:

When I look at that list, most of those guys I would categorize as cover safeties more than enforcers- though, I'm not sure how good they'll be nor do they have the kind of speed to be a ball-hawking centerfielder.

Forgot about him playing corner in college.

Will Glenn Earl be healthy this year as well?

Agreed on not sure if they are all cover corners so much but...i know the first three can lay the wood if need be at least. The secondary looks better then it did at the start of last year I'd like to find someone opposite of Mario that's a better regular option then Anthony Weaver.

Texans_Chick
03-05-2008, 09:28 AM
I liked that we kept Demps because the Texans secondary has had little continuity and is young.

Here's the silly way to write up this news:

Safety Will Demps Loves the Texans and the Ladies, Not Necessarily in That Order (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/03/05/safety-will-demps-loves-the-texans-and-the-ladies-not-necessari/)

Malloy
03-05-2008, 09:40 AM
I liked that we kept Demps because the Texans secondary has had little continuity and is young.

Safety Will Demps Loves the Texans and the Ladies, Not Necessarily in That Order (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/03/05/safety-will-demps-loves-the-texans-and-the-ladies-not-necessari/)

hehe, had not read it yet, good fun! :)

phantom17
03-05-2008, 09:43 AM
This is good news, pls keep it comin'!:cowboy1: :doot:

ChampionTexan
03-05-2008, 09:47 AM

http://femmefan.com/site/images/lookerspics/lookers4/Kevin_Bentley_thumb.jpg

Yeah, but it looks like the Texans may have created more competition than we realized

HOU-TEX
03-05-2008, 09:49 AM

Quoted for any possible info on his arm. :cool:

badboy
03-05-2008, 09:53 AM
When I heard this on way to work, it caught me off guard. I expected him to get a long contract with pretty good bucks elsewhere. I realize that many are not too excited about Demps but he made it to pro bowl after starting 8 games. He had to do something correctly and there are not too many FS in draft that would make me want to replace Demps. Another piece of puzzle has been added. I compare it to Andre Davis signing. The two year deal is to team's advantage also.

ChampionTexan
03-05-2008, 09:56 AM
I realize that many are not too excited about Demps...

You apparently haven't read much of this thread.

Dallas_Texan
03-05-2008, 10:01 AM
I think THE most important aspect of this signing (as a fan), is that I am finally able to believe my GM when he speaks! When he first said that "we are committed to building through the draft", and more importantly "WE WILL NOT LET GOOD PLAYERS WALK OUT THE DOOR", I was skeptical, and figured it was more political GM talk. Now I have faith in what he says. Davis and Demps have been resigned....I didn't think that would happen. Thanks Smith, I won't doubt you agian!!

:fans: :fans: :fans: :fans: :fans:

HOU-TEX
03-05-2008, 10:05 AM
When I heard this on way to work, it caught me off guard. I expected him to get a long contract with pretty good bucks elsewhere. I realize that many are not too excited about Demps but he made it to pro bowl after starting 8 games. He had to do something correctly and there are not too many FS in draft that would make me want to replace Demps. Another piece of puzzle has been added. I compare it to Andre Davis singing. The two year deal is to team's advantage also.

He was like the 2nd or 3rd alternate. That's not making it to the Probowl.:cool:

badboy
03-05-2008, 10:07 AM
I agree with this. Most know that I am a big fan of Stewart @ RB, but if Williams were to be there at#18, that has to be the call imo. I think CB and RB can be addressed successfully on day two if you can land a 10-12 year LT.

ATXtexanfan
03-05-2008, 10:08 AM
it's been a good offseason

Mr. White
03-05-2008, 10:11 AM

From his website (http://www.willdemps.com/commerce/mywords/mywords.asp).
I'm expecting that I will have to go in and make some visits and have the teams look at me, look at my elbow -- I just got it all cleaned out about a month ago and it feels great -- and then talk business. I won't have to wear a brace any more and that's good.

Doesn't go into much detail, but that's as far as I got with it. Maybe there's more about it in his other entries.

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 10:15 AM
PLEASE - QUIT POSTING PICTURES OF HIM FROM HIS WEBSITE!!
Thanks, that is all.

Mr. White
03-05-2008, 10:16 AM

Just found more about it here (http://www.willdemps.com/commerce/mywords/mywords.asp?reqdate=8/20/2007).

I was injured in Sunday's win over Baltimore. I suffered a dislocated elbow and now I have to rehabilitate the injury. It was very painful, but I'm not going to let it get me down. I will be back before the regular season starts against Dallas.

PapaL
03-05-2008, 10:24 AM
Can we bring in Marlon as well and get this Safety thing locked up? Or do they play the same position?

HOU-TEX
03-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Just found more about it here (http://www.willdemps.com/commerce/mywords/mywords.asp?reqdate=8/20/2007).

Thanks for the info. I was under the impression it separated again once he became a Texan, correct? Re-occurring dislocations normally take surgury to tighten the ligaments of the joint. Maybe that was his idea of having it "cleaned out". Who knows?:cool:

The Pencil Neck
03-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the info. I was under the impression it separated again once he became a Texan, correct? Re-occurring dislocations normally take surgury to tighten the ligaments of the joint. Maybe that was his idea of having it "cleaned out". Who knows?:cool:

I hadn't heard about it re-separating.

badboy
03-05-2008, 10:34 AM

The more I look at their safety choices the more I am inclined to believe we aren't going to have ball hawking safeties for the most part. They seem to want enforcers over the middle. The fact they tendered CC high says a lot.Another view that I agree with. I see Reeves as the starter. Hutchins was allowed to leave as Smith thinks Reeves brings the total package. He is taller than Hutchins also. I commented elsewhere yesterday that I can't see Reeves coming to Htown thinking Smith would draft a starting CB. Not saying that a good CB can't be signed in 4th or 5th like Trae Williams or Darnell Terrell. That would strengthen the team.

I think the RBs start to disappear in third round. One or two LT candidates may be there in fourth.

HOU-TEX
03-05-2008, 10:35 AM

Dadgum, I knew someone would question that. LOL! I'll see if I can find it, but I remember Kubiak mentioned something after a game. Then again, I do consume mass quantities of beer, so.......:thisbig:

feebleminded
03-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Can we bring in Marlon as well and get this Safety thing locked up? Or do they play the same position?

There is a little blurb at the bottom of this article about McRee.

http://http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/407691.html

It basically says that he has narrowed his options down to Buffalo or Denver.

Take it FWIW.

Maddict5
03-05-2008, 10:46 AM
I would rather add some speed to play along side Demps & CC. Phillips is not fast (4.55) this sets up more for a 4.33 guy like DRC in 1st or Antwaun Molden, Eastern Kentucky 4.39 in 3rd.

:gun:
ed reed ran a 4.7 at the combine so i suppose you'd hate it if we picked him up cos he's sooooo slow:thinking:

im pretty sure simmons (and earl) are both unsigned FA's

PapaL
03-05-2008, 10:46 AM
There is a little blurb at the bottom of this article about McRee.

http://http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/407691.html

It basically says that he has narrowed his options down to Buffalo or Denver.

Take it FWIW.

Well that's good. Den=Hou, right?

badboy
03-05-2008, 10:47 AM
You apparently haven't read much of this thread.Exactly, wanted to post my thoughts before going with the flavor of the day. My memory says a lot of folks were not too happy with Demps during the season. I remember responding to posts for Phillips to be drafted that we had a FS that had been selected to pro bowl after 8 starts and that was playing with an arm cast. I have now read the thread am happy with all the "aw, shucks, I knew he could do it all along."

badboy
03-05-2008, 10:49 AM
He was like the 2nd or 3rd alternate. That's not making it to the Probowl.:cool:And how many did not get that invite. Sorry to pee in your Post Toasties, but I like Demps. Our players don't get many awards. I'll take what I can get.

beerlover
03-05-2008, 10:51 AM
:gun:
ed reed ran a 4.7 at the combine so i suppose you'd hate it if we picked him up cos he's sooooo slow:thinking:

I wasn't talking about FS prospects it was in reference to db's. safetys are all about intincts, Ed Reed, Bob Sanders two of the best to ever play @ their positions.

Maddict5
03-05-2008, 10:53 AM
nevertheless phillips is much faster than reed and 4.5 for a safety is fast.. his instincts are decent too

HOU-TEX
03-05-2008, 11:07 AM

Found it. It was in Kubiaks post game quotes from the Miami game.

(on any new injuries and DT Travis Johnson’s knee) “You know what, he’s got a pretty bruised up knee. They’re actually doing an MRI on it today this afternoon. The initial look was that he was going to be fine, so I would say he’s day-to-day right now ‘til I get back with y’all. Will Demps dislocated an elbow; they were able to reset it. He actually went back into the game. It’s the same elbow that he’s had some issues with in the past year, but it looks like he’s going to be OK.”

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3745

And how many did not get that invite. Sorry to pee in your Post Toasties, but I like Demps. Our players don't get many awards. I'll take what I can get.

Dude, relax I merely correcting your statement. I inserted a cool smiley to insure there was no offense. I like Demps and the way he ball-hawks.:cool: :cool: :cool:

beerlover
03-05-2008, 11:25 AM
nevertheless phillips is much faster than reed and 4.5 for a safety is fast.. his instincts are decent too

Kenny's head was down his entire 40, needs to keep head up (Deion Sanders said he had never seen that before) on a pivot to recognize & react to use those intincts :) looks like SS material.

J-Russ
03-05-2008, 11:27 AM
I wasn't talking about FS prospects it was in reference to db's. safetys are all about intincts, Ed Reed, Bob Sanders two of the best to ever play @ their positions.

I don't get what you're trying to say...

You said you don't want Kenny because he doesn't bring enough speed to the backfield, but say safety is all about instincts? Well Phillips is known for his instincts, thats his strongest quality as a football player. I think he also play faster then his timed speed, besides a 4.5 isn't slow for a safety.

beerlover
03-05-2008, 11:30 AM
I don't get what you're trying to say...

You said you don't want Kenny because he doesn't bring enough speed to the backfield, but say safety is all about instincts? Well Phillips is known for his instincts, thats his strongest quality as a football player. I think he also play faster then his timed speed, besides a 4.5 isn't slow for a safety.

read above post lol:

J-Russ
03-05-2008, 11:34 AM
Tip 4 – Head Alignment

You have probably seen and heard many different ways to align your head while in the 3-point stance. Some coaches want you to keep your head down and looking back at your legs at the start. Other coaches believe that you should have your head up so that your eyes are looking forward. This may work on the football field since you need to see the ball snapped and know what's happening on the field, but we are looking to your body in the best 'exiting' position possible.

http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Run-A-Faster-40-Yard-Dash&id=295321

It just his technique to try to time his fastest 40.

Just because he do that during the combine doesn't mean he would do it during a game, unless you seen him do it during a game...

beerlover
03-05-2008, 11:38 AM
don't forget about Michael Boulware. he is the Texans current back-up SS.

he ran a 4.5 is 6020 225

J-Russ
03-05-2008, 11:40 AM
Michael was a tweener from OLB to SS. Kenny's a true FS.

Bubbajwp
03-05-2008, 11:44 AM
http://ezinearticles.com/?How-To-Run-A-Faster-40-Yard-Dash&id=295321

It just his technique to try to time his fastest 40.

Just because he do that during the combine doesn't mean he would do it during a game, unless you seen him do it during a game...

I dont think FS or SS usually line up in a three point stance during a game.

J-Russ
03-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Don't matter, the writers must've been mistaken. But its true, my coach told me to put my head down and use it like a spear to help me run faster.

Besides, it a technique to help them on running the 40, they don't do it during a game...

beerlover
03-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Don't matter, the writers must've been mistaken. But its true, my coach told me to put my head down and use it like a spear to help me run faster.

Besides, it a technique to help them on running the 40, they don't do it during a game...

let me ask a couple questions. who holds the "urban legend" forty time (sub 4.2) @ the combine? & who said he had never seen anyone do that before (running technique, never raising head up)?

J-Russ
03-05-2008, 12:07 PM
let me ask a couple questions. who holds the "urban legend" forty time (sub 4.2) @ the combine? & who said he had never seen anyone do that before (running technique, never raising head up)?

Dude its not unusual for someone to do this, just search it up in google and you'll find tons of article that list that as one of the technique.

Here, I found another one:

Drive Phase: Bringing your hips under and popping up is the worst thing you can do. You want a good forward lean with your head down until you get 12 to 15 yards out. Drive your elbows back to get your legs moving.

http://www.maxpreps.com/FanPages/Content/Article.mxp/ArticleID-76719937-fdbf-497c-9133-ebded79242f1

There's tons of article out there that has this a "start out technique".

Besides, like I said just because he did this during the combine, doesn't means he'll do it during a game(unless he's about to pop someone). Unless you seen him play, and he had his head down while running/covering. But I'm willing to bet you never saw him play before.

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 12:08 PM
let me ask a couple questions. who holds the "urban legend" forty time (sub 4.2) @ the combine?

I'll take a stab at that... Jerome 'Smack that B**** Up' Mathis...???

Ckw
03-05-2008, 12:20 PM

I thought it was Deion Sanders?

Lucky
03-05-2008, 12:54 PM
http://kikidesign.hautetfort.com/files/Applause.gif

We're all very pleased!

Move Harrison to SS, let CC backup both. That's what I say.

beerlover
03-05-2008, 01:01 PM
I thought it was Deion Sanders?

you sir, are correct :trophy:

Second Honeymoon
03-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Phillips did just fine at the combine. The dude is a football player, not a track star, and his instincts are second to none. Guy started at FS for UofM from the day he walked on campus at 18 years old and was High School POY his Senior Year of HS. The guy is an elite athlete with good football instincts and makes plays. He had an off Junior Year by his standards but that is the only reason he has a chance of lasting till #18 anyway. If he had replicated his freshman and sophomore years, he would be a lock for a Top 10 selection.

He would be another defensive player we could hang our hat on. Safety has become a very critical position over the years and a good safety tandem can cover a lot of deficiencies.

The Pencil Neck
03-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Found it. It was in Kubiaks post game quotes from the Miami game.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3745

Crap.

I had forgotten about that.

That's probably why he didn't get a bigger contract. Although I'm a little surprised he didn't test the waters more.

He may be purty, but he's a tough hard-hitten somb*tch! :texflag:

Second Honeymoon
03-05-2008, 01:32 PM
Look at some of these highlights and tell me he doesnt deserve a spot on the Texans. He is just a football player and he makes plays, pure and simple.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/draft-preview-kenny-phillips/3410268277

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kcFea5fnyg

Errant Hothy
03-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Crap.

That's probably why he didn't get a bigger contract. Although I'm a little surprised he didn't test the waters more.

Since he went back in the game after they re-set the elbow I would hazard to say it's not that big of a deal.

HOU-TEX
03-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Crap.

I think a couple of teams might've taken a look at him, but the offer was probably similar to ours.

I agree. He definitely ain't skeered to lay a shalaylee on someone.

The Pencil Neck
03-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Since he went back in the game after they re-set the elbow I would hazard to say it's not that big of a deal.

Dude.

Ronnie Lott went back into a game after they amputated his finger. So I wouldn't use the "going back into a game" as a measure of the bigness of the deal.

Dislocated elbow being reset might not be as intense as lopping off body parts, but it's still a big deal. And Hou-Tex's original point was that if you dislocate your elbow, it might turn into a chronic sort of thing where it keeps poppin out. And that could be true.

HOU-TEX
03-05-2008, 01:48 PM

I dislocated my shoulder twice playing football. After the second time my arm would fall out of socket very easily. There were times I'd wake up in the morning and it'd be out of socket. I was playing with my daughter when she was a toddler and it fell out of socket putting her on the swing. I've since had 2 surgeries. One to tighten the ligaments and the second to remove bone fragments from the deteriorating socket.

Cloak can probably explain it better, but reoccurring dislocations not only stretch the ligaments it can scrape the bones together causing bone fragments.

Having said that, an elbow dislocating could be completely different. If so, I apologize for the spewage of my boohoo story. :cool:

Rex King
03-05-2008, 02:05 PM
http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00029

"Over time, there is an increased risk for arthritis in the elbow joint if the alignment of the bones is not good; the elbow does not move and rotate normally; or the elbow continues to dislocate."

Rex King
03-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Love the signing, but we still have big question marks in terms of depth, or am I missing someone? I haven't seen any indication they're attempting to re-sign either Earl or Simmons, and they're both coming off IR. Behind them are two guys who we have no idea if they can really play in the NFL. So either Kubiak and Smith are really high on Harrison and Mitchell and/or they really weren't that impressed with Von Hutchins' play. Otherwise I can't understand why they wouldn't make more of an attempt to re-sign Hutchins - relatively cheap and versatile backup. Regardless, I think they still have to sign another safety, if for nothing else than training camp fodder.

Errant Hothy
03-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Dude.

Ronnie Lott went back into a game after they amputated his finger. So I wouldn't use the "going back into a game" as a measure of the bigness of the deal.

Dislocated elbow being reset might not be as intense as lopping off body parts, but it's still a big deal. And Hou-Tex's original point was that if you dislocate your elbow, it might turn into a chronic sort of thing where it keeps poppin out. And that could be true.

I dislocated my elbow once, and it has never popped back out again. Now granted I was like 5 when it happened, but I think that since there is a difference, both in range of motion and structurally, between the elbow joint and the shoulder joint and therefore I don't think they can be compaired.

My main point was I don't think the injury had much of anything to do with where and for how much he signed. If he ws able to play in the same game, I'll not be concerned about it.

As for Lott, well...yes he is a badass.

maddogmrb
03-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Good signing. Still don't see an impact player back there and we need at least one impact safety. Maybe Harrison...

TK_Gamer
03-05-2008, 03:28 PM
I dont know what it is with the Texans and safeties, we just seem to settle for mediocre at those spots. Kubiak has made several comments on the subject and allways claims to like our situation at safety. I don't think we really fully use our safeties in run support the way some of the top defenses do. We seem to just use safeties as the "2 guys in the back". What doesn't make sense is, our guys aren't even that good in coverage or pursuit, so if they arent good at run support and can't cover, why does Kubiak act like we have solid safeties all the time? someone enlighten me.

TexansSeminole
03-05-2008, 03:53 PM
Move Harrison to SS, let CC backup both. That's what I say.

I like Harrison at SS, but CC has been a starter for 3 years now. He has solid AFC South experience. Harrison may be the future, but he is coming off of an injury and he basically is a rookie. CC could have a breakout year beside Demps.

About the signing, I think it makes our secondary a hell of alot better. Demps is valuable because he can player either FS or SS, and he has valuable experience with great defenses, and other great players.

mussop
03-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Look at some of these highlights and tell me he doesnt deserve a spot on the Texans. He is just a football player and he makes plays, pure and simple.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/draft-preview-kenny-phillips/3410268277

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kcFea5fnyg

Phillips is the most overrated player in this draft. If he hadnt played for Miami (S U) he would be rated a second rounder at best.

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Dude.

That's actually a bit of an old wives tale...

'It was split down the middle,' said Lott's college teammate Dennis Thurman, who played for the Cowboys at the time.

What Lott did after mangling his finger varies at times.

'I've heard the story goes I cut it off in the locker room myself and went back out,' Lott said.

He then joked, 'I forgot (the truth). It's like Babe Ruth pointing to center field. That's the kind of story it's turned out to be.'

In reality, Lott missed the remainder of the game, the final one of the regular season. He then had the finger temporarily repaired so he would be able to play in the NFC Wild Card game against the New York Giants the following week.

Eventually, doctors amputated the tip of the finger.

With that said though, he was still one tough SOB...

Bubbajwp
03-05-2008, 04:06 PM
Phillips is the most overrated player in this draft. If he hadnt played for Miami (S U) he would be rated a second rounder at best.

I'm gonna have to disagree.

Second Honeymoon
03-05-2008, 04:50 PM

he had an off 07 but one could argue he was the best defensive player in football in 06 as a sophomore....dude is gonna be a quality pro more than meriting a #18 pick. As the draft approaches, dont be surprised if he starts going up on most boards.

DiehardChris
03-05-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm not over the moon about Phillips, but I do think he's going to be an above-average pro. I think people are putting too much into the fact that he didn't set the world on fire at the combine.

CloakNNNdagger
03-05-2008, 05:30 PM
I dislocated my elbow once, and it has never popped back out again. Now granted I was like 5 when it happened, but I think that since there is a difference, both in range of motion and structurally, between the elbow joint and the shoulder joint and therefore I don't think they can be compaired.

My main point was I don't think the injury had much of anything to do with where and for how much he signed. If he ws able to play in the same game, I'll not be concerned about it.

As for Lott, well...yes he is a badass.

The #1 of dislocation dislocation in children is the elbow...........it's the #2 site in adults. In the child, it's due to a yanking (traction mechanism) of the arm by a caretaker. In the adult, the cause is by twist and/or hyperextension mechanism. In the child, the injury is painless with limitation of motion usually the only presenting picture, and following timely reduction, there is very quick recovery or morbidity. The ligaments at that age are somewhat elastic and resistant to tearing.

In the adult, the ligaments are tougher and less yielding with more likelihood of micro or partial tearing. Even so, 3-6 weeks may be the healing period. Some adults have more elastic ligaments than others...........like the guy you know that can bend his fingers back to touch the back of his hand. People like that are less likely to suffer great short term or long term effects from such happenings. Demps evidently suffered 2 such injuries with the Giants. And going back into the game after a so-called elbow "dislocation" reduction may be due to hyperelasticity of his ligaments OR it could very well be that he suffered a subluxation (sometimes not distinguish in the press or public forums, but with lesser trauma and lesser recovery time) of his elbow instead which is more of a separation with minor displacement of the normal anatomy...............OR (and I would hope that this would not be the case) he was shot up with pain killers to be able to function for a short while before significant swelling set in.

Players with the 1st 2 scenarios especially may experience recurrent episodes without long term debilitation (although shorter term annoyances to the team if they can deal with it) or need for surgery.

Errant Hothy
03-05-2008, 05:40 PM
The #1 of dislocation dislocation in children is the elbow...........it's the #2 site in adults. In the child, it's due to a yanking (traction mechanism) of the arm by a caretaker. In the adult, the cause is by twist and/or hyperextension mechanism. In the child, the injury is painless with limitation of motion usually the only presenting picture, and following timely reduction, there is very quick recovery or morbidity. The ligaments at that age are somewhat elastic and resistant to tearing.

In the adult, the ligaments are tougher and less yielding with more likelihood of micro or partial tearing. Even so, 3-6 weeks may be the healing period. Some adults have more elastic ligaments than others...........like the guy you know that can bend his fingers back to touch the back of his hand. People like that are less likely to suffer great short term or long term effects from such happenings. Demps evidently suffered 2 such injuries with the Giants. And going back into the game after a so-called elbow "dislocation" reduction may be due to hyperelasticity of his ligaments OR it could very well be that he suffered a subluxation (sometimes not distinguish in the press or public forums, but with lesser trauma and lesser recovery time) of his elbow instead which is more of a separation with minor displacement of the normal anatomy...............OR (and I would hope that this would not be the case) he was shot up with pain killers to be able to function for a short while before significant swelling set in.

Players with the 1st 2 scenarios especially may experience recurrent episodes without long term debilitation (although shorter term annoyances to the team if they can deal with it) or need for surgery.

Yeah...my cousin ran over my elbow with his Big Wheel, thus dislocating my elbow; and it hurt like hell till it was re-set, then I was fine by that afternoon.

In adults, if I am reading this right, Demps elbow isn't that big of a concern; it's a less worrisome injury then repeated shoulder sperations say...right?

CloakNNNdagger
03-05-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah...my cousin ran over my elbow with his Big Wheel, thus dislocating my elbow; and it hurt like hell till it was re-set, then I was fine by that afternoon.

In adults, if I am reading this right, Demps elbow isn't that big of a concern; it's a less worrisome injury then repeated shoulder sperations say...right?

As a rule, your conclusion is correct.

NitroGSXR
03-05-2008, 09:17 PM
As a rule, your conclusion is correct.
Your post states that infantrycak edited your post but did not give a reason why. Was there anything significant altered here?

This intrests me in a huge way becuase I;ve got personal shoulder issues and I like what I'm hearing from Cloak.

infantrycak
03-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Your post states that infantrycak edited your post but did not give a reason why. Was there anything significant altered here?

This intrests me in a huge way becuase I;ve got personal shoulder issues and I like what I'm hearing from Cloak.

I corrected his quote code so it showed up properly. No content was altered. If you see me or another mod editing someone's post it will be obvious and say something akin to "quoted deleted material" or it will be mechanical like this. We don't change folks' posts.

NitroGSXR
03-05-2008, 09:24 PM
I corrected his quote code so it showed up properly. No content was altered. If you see me or another mod editing someone's post it will be obvious and say something akin to "quoted deleted material" or it will be mechanical like this. We don't change folks' posts.
I didn't think you would. I wanted to be sure though.

Much obliged!

The Pencil Neck
03-06-2008, 12:59 AM
That's actually a bit of an old wives tale...

With that said though, he was still one tough SOB...

Thanks for ruining one of my few remaining illusions.

Ya bastid. :bat:

austintexanite
03-08-2008, 10:24 AM
This is excellent news, I thought that he was a priority in the offseason and it looks like he believes that we are moving in the right direction.

HOU-TEX
03-10-2008, 04:40 PM
I don't mean to make something out of nothing, but does anyone else find it odd that the Texans haven't listed him as signed on HT.com? They already show Bruener and Earl along with AD, but no Demps.:thinking:

Does anyone have the scoop? Maybe a contract hangup? Or maybe he's unavailable to sign the dotted line??

Following are the free agents the Texans have re-signed (3):
TE Mark Bruener (6-4, 252)
WR André Davis (6-1, 194)
SS Glenn Earl (6-1, 213)

Following are free agents the Texans have signed from other teams (2):
LB Kevin Bentley (6-0, 238) Last team: Seattle Seahawks
CB Jacques Reeves (5-11, 188) Last team: Dallas Cowboys

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=4220

Arky
03-10-2008, 05:01 PM
I don't mean to make something out of nothing, but does anyone else find it odd that the Texans haven't listed him as signed on HT.com? They already show Bruener and Earl along with AD, but no Demps.:thinking:

Does anyone have the scoop? Maybe a contract hangup? Or maybe he's unavailable to sign the dotted line??

I think your guesses are probably right. Just a snag that is keeping it from being "official"....

ChampionTexan
03-10-2008, 05:16 PM

More than likley, there's nothing to worry about - if you look at all the links (including the one to the Berman story that started all this), none of them say he was signed. "Agreed to terms", and "Reached an agreement" show up more than once.

So I guess the good news is that nothing (other than the title of this thread) has been contradicted. The possible (but highly unlikely) bad news is that something could prevent the actual signing of the contract.

DiehardChris
03-20-2008, 01:11 AM
Just in case anyone was still wondering about why Demps isn't listed on the Texans' website as officially signed, Lance Zierlein (http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2008/03/post_46.html) said:

It has been reported that he agreed to terms but he hasn't officially signed. He's been out of town and so his signature is not on a contract yet.

So that mystery is solved, I guess.

TexanAddict
03-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Just in case anyone was still wondering about why Demps isn't listed on the Texans' website as officially signed, Lance Zierlein (http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2008/03/post_46.html) said:

So that mystery is solved, I guess.

Yeah, I figured I'd throw that question out there since there was some discussion on the subject yesterday without any hard evidence either way. Thanks for finding the response, I didn't think he'd answered yet. Good to get to the bottom of that.

da Bull
03-20-2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks, I read the same thing. Also, Manful included Demps in her article regarding the Kalu re-signing; but, didn't update her blog after I asked her about it yesterday morning. I guess she's been hanging around McClain so she can get a military title....Major Manful, what a ring that has to it.

HOU-TEX
03-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Now it's officially official. :)

The Texans re-signed free agent free safety Will Demps and defensive end N.D. Kalu, the team announced Thursday.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=4228

The Pencil Neck
03-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Now it's officially official. :)

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=4228

I just saw it and was fixing to post it. :splits: