PDA

View Full Version : Center John Wade and Safety Chris Crocker to Visit

Texans Pride
03-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Meanwhile, the Texans have visits lined up with two more free agents Tampa Bay center John Wade and Atlanta free safety Chris Crocker.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5589524.html

JayCee
03-04-2008, 01:32 AM
Crockers last season stats look decent.
http://www.nfl.com/players/chriscrocker/profile?id=CRO017900

bah007
03-04-2008, 01:35 AM
Crocker would be nice if we cant re-sign Demps.

I havent seen much of him but he has been a starter for the last three years (2 with ATL, 1 with CLE).

AnthonyE
03-04-2008, 01:41 AM
Meanwhile, the Texans have visits lined up with two more free agents Tampa Bay center John Wade and Atlanta free safety Chris Crocker.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5589524.html

http://media.canada.com/8c8b3290-2b08-4dc6-8e3e-2cc645fdfe05/070920_crocker.jpg

DiehardChris
03-04-2008, 02:03 AM
LOL

Crocker would be a great pickup, either for depth or as insurance against losing Demps.

Wade is 33. Meh. Maybe Hadnot won't get what he wants from Cleveland and he'll come groveling back to the Texans.

barrett
03-04-2008, 02:42 AM
the browns are having a pretty good off season.

Maddict5
03-04-2008, 06:51 AM

you should be saying that seeing as their off-season is already practically finished.... sucky year to be a browns fan stuck watching the draft

Kaiser Toro
03-04-2008, 07:20 AM
I am wary of this Wade character, per Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wade_(football_player)): :specnatz:

As the oldest player and only veteran currently on the Buccaneer offensive line, Wade gets veto power over the choice of restaurant for the Bucs offensive linemen's get-together meals every Thursday night.

In all seriousness, if the guy were not 33 there may be a few folks fighting for him. He has been relatively healthy and has started for two different teams that have been run focused - Tampa Bay and Jacksonville. 6'5',' 299 lb. with ten years of experience.

I still hope that we go with a C in the draft.

dalemurphy
03-04-2008, 08:06 AM

Barrett, you must be a big Dan Snyder fan. The Browns have forfeited most of their draft picks and have nobody to play CB, while overspending on guys like: Donte Stallworth and Shaun Rogers... gross!!!

Dallas_Texan
03-04-2008, 08:10 AM
you should be saying that seeing as their off-season is already practically finished.... sucky year to be a browns fan stuck watching the draft

I'm sure they'll enjoy their 11-5 season though...or better.

ArlingtonTexan
03-04-2008, 08:17 AM
Both are solid, but unspectacular players who will be ok until the Texans find longer term solutions at their positions.

HoustonFrog
03-04-2008, 08:20 AM
http://media.canada.com/8c8b3290-2b08-4dc6-8e3e-2cc645fdfe05/070920_crocker.jpg

Beat me to it..Dear Lord

I am wary of this Wade character, per Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Wade_(football_player)): :specnatz:

In all seriousness, if the guy were not 33 there may be a few folks fighting for him. He has been relatively healthy and has started for two different teams that have been run focused - Tampa Bay and Jacksonville. 6'5',' 299 lb. with ten years of experience.

I do too. They need an guy who can be here a decade himself and who can run the line and make the calls for future years. I'm not sold on old Vets who in some cases might get their first set of injuries. I always get wary when I see phrases about "reliable" and "injury free" because I think their first will happen here. I guess you can't worry about it.

Errant Hothy
03-04-2008, 08:21 AM

If the Texans sign a veteran, free agent C I don't think they will draft one. A vet combined with White, Chucky ans Eslinger should be able to hold down the C spot. ANd if noe of the young guys emerge as a potential starter, the can try again in FA or the draft in 09. I think Smith wants to sign a veteran C to remove the position from the list of holes that need to be addressed in the back half of the draft.

Then again if one of the better Cs starts to fall in the draft, Smith just may pick him up.

Maddict5
03-04-2008, 08:25 AM

i dont know.. im not sold on the browns at all.

was DA a flash in the pan? his play detoriated alot later in the season
jamal lewis? another yr older. good last yr but...
their new d-line? both from 4-3 D? both questionable motor types especially rogers
good division too... it wouldn't surprise me if the browns fell back to a .500 team next year

Kaiser Toro
03-04-2008, 08:25 AM
If the Texans sign a veteran, free agent C I don't think they will draft one. A vet combined with White, Chucky ans Eslinger should be able to hold down the C spot. ANd if noe of the young guys emerge as a potential starter, the can try again in FA or the draft in 09. I think Smith wants to sign a veteran C to remove the position from the list of holes that need to be addressed in the back half of the draft.

Then again if one of the better Cs starts to fall in the draft, Smith just may pick him up.

I liked Eslinger as a prospect and we do have bodies. However, we have always had bodies yet no consistent play at Center.

Goldensilence
03-04-2008, 08:28 AM
Crocker would be a an upgrade or something for insurance in case of demps decieding to go elsewhere.

I'm thinking we're looking for a decent option behind Eslinger. With Flannigan and Hog cut White is the only experienced C option.

dalemurphy
03-04-2008, 08:31 AM

I'll gladly make a wager that Cleveland doesn't win 9 games this year. Interested?

michaelm
03-04-2008, 08:32 AM

Doubtful.

Cleveland is in a tough division despite some not-so-stellar records last season, plus they play the entire NFC East, the entire AFC South and also Buffalo and Denver in 2008. If they win 10, they're very lucky, IMO... I can see them going 9-7 next year.
It's really a little early to make predictions for the season, but it's not so early in Cleveland's case because they shouldn't be able to make many more significant roster moves this offseason.

Goldensilence
03-04-2008, 08:36 AM
Doubtful.

Cleveland is in a tough division despite some not-so-stellar records last season, plus they play the entire NFC East, the entire AFC South and also Buffalo and Denver in 2008. If they win 10, they're very lucky, IMO... I can see them going 9-7 next year.
It's really a little early to make predictions for the season, but it's not so early in Cleveland's case because they shouldn't be able to make many more significant roster moves this offseason.

Ouch brutal schedule.

michaelm
03-04-2008, 08:37 AM
Ouch brutal schedule.

Yeah, now that I think about it more, they might be lucky to break 8 wins...

Errant Hothy
03-04-2008, 08:41 AM
I liked Eslinger as a prospect and we do have bodies. However, we have always had bodies yet no consistent play at Center.

I'm hoping that the quality of those bodies, plus the addition of Gibbs will help out the spot so it is not such a need going into the draft.

badboy
03-04-2008, 08:46 AM
Crocker would be a an upgrade or something for insurance in case of demps decieding to go elsewhere.

I'm thinking we're looking for a decent option behind Eslinger. With Flannigan and Hog cut White is the only experienced C option.What about Steve McKinney? I just do not see center being a need greater than RB,LT, CB and FS. I do not see a draft pick being used before 6th if then.

Wolfiegrrl
03-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Let's not forget the Gibbs prototype OL man. He wants light, fast guys. Wade makes sense in that case.

Crocker looks to have decent stats. I would like to find some film on him first before I get excited.

:fans:

Goldensilence
03-04-2008, 08:52 AM
What about Steve McKinney? I just do not see center being a need greater than RB,LT, CB and FS. I do not see a draft pick being used before 6th if then.

Coming off injury? I'd rather him be a last option not a starter.

Errant Hothy
03-04-2008, 08:55 AM
What about Steve McKinney? I just do not see center being a need greater than RB,LT, CB and FS. I do not see a draft pick being used before 6th if then.

If/When Weary leaves McKinney will be moving to RG...right?

Maddict5
03-04-2008, 08:55 AM
i can still see us taking some1 like steve justice in the 4th if hes there

badboy
03-04-2008, 08:56 AM
Coming off injury? I'd rather him be a last option not a starter. I thought he did very well and it seems most posters did also. I do not see center as being a big need this season.

Maddict5
03-04-2008, 08:56 AM
If/When Weary leaves McKinney will be moving to RG...right?

weary's a FA we haven't re-signed

Goldensilence
03-04-2008, 09:14 AM
[QUOTE=Goldensilence;857457]Coming off injury? I'd rather him be a last option not a starter.[/QUOTE I thought he did very well and it seems most posters did also. I do not see center as being a big need this season.

I thought we played better with him in at C as opposed to other options at the time.

But he's coming off a torn ACL and I'd rather see him at back at Guard barring injury to center again. I think in looking at other options at Center the staff agrees.

leebigeztx
03-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Crocker isn't good at all. He takes poor angles and ddoesnt play the ball well. Mike Doss would be a better optionn to me.

HOU-TEX
03-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Crocker isn't good at all. He takes poor angles and ddoesnt play the ball well. Mike Doss would be a better optionn to me.

He's better than me.

Signed,

Everyone the Texans have at the position.

Specnatz
03-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Let's not forget the Gibbs prototype OL man. He wants light, fast guys. Wade makes sense in that case.

Crocker looks to have decent stats. I would like to find some film on him first before I get excited.

:fans:

I have to honestly say I do not know a thing about either of these two guys to say YaaY or go well crap, for now all I can say is appearently the have a heart beat.

Errant Hothy
03-04-2008, 10:29 AM

Didn't we hear the same things about Demps before he came here?

badboy
03-04-2008, 11:21 AM
If/When Weary leaves McKinney will be moving to RG...right?I have Brisiel penciled in at right guard. I think McKinney(who stated he was doing well in rehabing) will start with the two late pickups White and Eisenberger(sp) duking it out in TC for center. I hope Studdard can play a role at guard this season. I am also hopeful that Brandon Frye beats out Jordan Black at tackle. I will not be surprised if Weary is not re-signed. Scott Jackson I think is still on roster 6'4" 300lbs Guard but I don't know much about him. Do not forget that many see Charles Spencer as a guard in 08 IF he makes it back.

Chance_C
03-04-2008, 11:30 AM
I have Brisiel penciled in at right guard. I think McKinney(who stated he was doing well in rehabing) will start with the two late pickups White and Eisenberger(sp) duking it out in TC for center. I hope Studdard can play a role at guard this season. I am also hopeful that Brandon Frye beats out Jordan Black at tackle. I will not be surprised if Weary is not re-signed. Scott Jackson I think is still on roster 6'4" 300lbs Guard but I don't know much about him. Do not forget that many see Charles Spencer as a guard in 08 IF he makes it back.

What about Chester Pitts? I don't think I want Studdard taking his place. And what about Salaam? Surely it's his job (at LT) to lose. Not that I want be happy if someone is able to beat him out, but one thing is for sure, I respect the job that Salaam has done. He has answered the bell, but I would like for him to be second string. But, I think he is the one that has to be beat out at LT, not Jordan Black.

feebleminded
03-04-2008, 11:40 AM
I have Brisiel penciled in at right guard. I think McKinney(who stated he was doing well in rehabing) will start with the two late pickups White and Eisenberger(sp) duking it out in TC for center. I hope Studdard can play a role at guard this season. I am also hopeful that Brandon Frye beats out Jordan Black at tackle. I will not be surprised if Weary is not re-signed. Scott Jackson I think is still on roster 6'4" 300lbs Guard but I don't know much about him. Do not forget that many see Charles Spencer as a guard in 08 IF he makes it back.

Butler was the swing tackle for the back half of the season. He already had a leg up on Black and Frye. I am interested to see how he does in his second year here.

badboy
03-04-2008, 11:52 AM
What about Chester Pitts? I don't think I want Studdard taking his place. And what about Salaam? Surely it's his job (at LT) to lose. Not that I want be happy if someone is able to beat him out, but one thing is for sure, I respect the job that Salaam has done. He has answered the bell, but I would like for him to be second string. But, I think he is the one that has to be beat out at LT, not Jordan Black.On my roster Pitts will continue to be the starter at left guard. Briesel to start on right with Studdard backing up or maybe starting. If McKinney is beat out at center, he can back up either guard spot.
I do not see us drafting a tackle that will beat Salaam out at LT at least initially. I hope Fry beats out Black as the LT backup (2nd or 3rd depending on how the LT draft pick does. So LT: Salaam, Draft pick, Frye. Left Guard: Pitts (and nobody much else needed so far) Center: McKinney, White & Eisenberger. Right Guard:Briesel, Studdard. RT: Winston, Rashard Butler. Spencer will beat someone out hopefully. With the exception of the draft pick in 08, all of these players were on board in 07 regardless of Roster, IR, PS or PUP.

Spike
03-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I thought I saw that Frye was being moved inside to compete for one of the guard positions...so I am not sure that it is accurate to keep him as an option at LT. Maybe this has changed since Gibbs has come along?

I don't know why, but I feel like if we can pick up a safety plug at Center - we are going to be fine in the middle. We seem to have a lot of prospects to throw at both guard and center, with a combination of older players with some experience and younger guys with some upside. Like WR last year, I hope that we learn that we have plenty of depth at these spots.

IMO, we need to focus on LT and figure out the rest of the puzzle with the peices that already have.

badboy
03-04-2008, 01:05 PM
I thought I saw that Frye was being moved inside to compete for one of the guard positions...so I am not sure that it is accurate to keep him as an option at LT. Maybe this has changed since Gibbs has come along?

I don't know why, but I feel like if we can pick up a safety plug at Center - we are going to be fine in the middle. We seem to have a lot of prospects to throw at both guard and center, with a combination of older players with some experience and younger guys with some upside. Like WR last year, I hope that we learn that we have plenty of depth at these spots.

IMO, we need to focus on LT and figure out the rest of the puzzle with the peices that already have.
I agree but think the plug is on roster for center. Frye was a guard in college but listed as tackle. As others, he can play both.

Chance_C
03-04-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the clarification. I agree with your assessment. I think when you put it down like that, it shows the depth that we are creating on the line. After 6 seasons we are finally starting to build the line to where it needs to be.

PHAROAH
03-04-2008, 02:25 PM
OK i can live with the CB Jacques Reeves that the texans signed but come on Chris Crocker give me a beak I live in the ATL and he sucks and another old lineman in John Wade.

HOU-TEX
03-04-2008, 02:31 PM
OK i can live with the CB Jacques Reeves that the texans signed but come on Chris Crocker give me a beak I live in the ATL and he sucks and another old lineman in John Wade.

Is there currently someone better on our roster? NO!

buddyboy
03-04-2008, 02:36 PM
On my roster Pitts will continue to be the starter at left guard. Briesel to start on right with Studdard backing up or maybe starting. If McKinney is beat out at center, he can back up either guard spot.
I do not see us drafting a tackle that will beat Salaam out at LT at least initially. I hope Fry beats out Black as the LT backup (2nd or 3rd depending on how the LT draft pick does. So LT: Salaam, Draft pick, Frye. Left Guard: Pitts (and nobody much else needed so far) Center: McKinney, White & Eisenberger. Right Guard:Briesel, Studdard. RT: Winston, Rashard Butler. Spencer will beat someone out hopefully. With the exception of the draft pick in 08, all of these players were on board in 07 regardless of Roster, IR, PS or PUP.

Just curious, if the Texans are able to draft Chris Williams OT out of Vanderbilt at 18, do you think he can beat out Salaam by....sayyyy, the third game? I've just heard so many great things about Williams that I'd like to think that if we ARE able to draft him he can be an upgrade on our left side almost immediately.

RipTraxx
03-04-2008, 02:50 PM
Im still lost as to why we didnt resign hutchins. Young guy, versatile knows our system.....

It almost seemed like we didnt even try to resign him. Did he want too much money?

Dont get it.

HOU-TEX
03-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Im still lost as to why we didnt resign hutchins. Young guy, versatile knows our system.....

It almost seemed like we didnt even try to resign him. Did he want too much money?

Dont get it.

4 years $9 million with a $2.5 million signing bonus. IMO, he's not worth it. Then again, what FA is worth what they're getting this year?

mexican_texan
03-04-2008, 03:24 PM
4 years $9 million with a $2.5 million signing bonus. IMO, he's not worth it. Then again, what FA is worth what they're getting this year?
DeMorrio Williams got underpaid, IMO.

RipTraxx
03-04-2008, 03:30 PM

Didnt we give Reeves close to that much in garaunteed? I thought Turner was worth it. Lotta people gave me static for it, but i stand by it. After all what are forums for?

If everyone agreed these forums would be mighty boring.

El Tejano
03-04-2008, 03:31 PM
DeMorrio Williams got underpaid, IMO.
We didn't want to sign him because it would confuse the fan base between Mario and Demario Williams and Demeco Ryans.

badboy
03-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Just curious, if the Texans are able to draft Chris Williams OT out of Vanderbilt at 18, do you think he can beat out Salaam by....sayyyy, the third game? I've just heard so many great things about Williams that I'd like to think that if we ARE able to draft him he can be an upgrade on our left side almost immediately.I addressed this on another thread about who could be there at #18 based on several mocks. First, I do not see Williams at #18 but would as of right now select him over STewart or Mendenhall. Williams could be that franchise type LT. I see him playing as a starter 12 years and the RBs maybe 8. If Williams and either S. or M. is at 18 I hope we could arrange a trade down and still get the other and another pick. Don't see that happening either.

HOU-TEX
03-04-2008, 03:35 PM
Didnt we give Reeves close to that much in garaunteed? I thought Turner was worth it. Lotta people gave me static for it, but i stand by it. After all what are forums for?

If everyone agreed these forums would be mighty boring.

LOL! I'm not questioning your opinion. You're entitled to have your own.

I was just giving mine. :)

BSofA04
03-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Just curious, if the Texans are able to draft Chris Williams OT out of Vanderbilt at 18, do you think he can beat out Salaam by....sayyyy, the third game? I've just heard so many great things about Williams that I'd like to think that if we ARE able to draft him he can be an upgrade on our left side almost immediately.

Williams should replace Salaam by Week 4 if we draft him. Has much better lateral movement in pass protection and is about equal in run blocking (which isn't his strength).

Goldensilence
03-04-2008, 03:59 PM
On my roster Pitts will continue to be the starter at left guard. Briesel to start on right with Studdard backing up or maybe starting. If McKinney is beat out at center, he can back up either guard spot.

Agree with the rest of the line with McKinney as the exception. I think he's more suited to guard and only moved inside due to injury. I think Hadnotwas orginally brought in to be viewed as a secondary option and compete for the starter position between, Eslinger White and himself. This FA period is seeing some crazy money thrown around though and looks like He wants to cash in with the rest.

I think Weary could very well be let go and I'd really like to see someone like Studdard with his tenacity start. I think he'd be a good enforcer.

The Dude Abides
03-04-2008, 04:20 PM
Williams should replace Salaam by Week 4 if we draft him. Has much better lateral movement in pass protection and is about equal in run blocking (which isn't his strength).

Salaam is probably a better actor though :thinking:

RipTraxx
03-04-2008, 04:24 PM

Never thought of Williams with the pick, it would be smart. While he may fit being that he's pretty mobile for a big man. If we didnt have such a pressing need for DBs i think we might have done it.

Good idea though

kiwitexansfan
03-04-2008, 05:22 PM
I asked about Wade over at thecaptainsdeck and our friends over there were not high on Wade's talents.

http://thecaptainsdeck.net/index.php?topic=7957.0

They feel he is ok depth but not starting material.

Best constructive feedback was this:
Decent speed and footwork. Smart player. Makes good line adjustments. Overpowered easily and exceedingly ineffective versus strong interior lineman.

Sounds like the second coming of Mckinney

ATXtexanfan
03-04-2008, 05:43 PM
i don't like the idea or wade as a texan, better off drafting a 4-yr starter than bringing in another old man

leebigeztx
03-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Crocker is terible and 2.2m for hutchins isn't that much for a guy that playss s,cb, and sp. teams.

I have bad news for those hoping for a rb or lt in the 1st rd, it aint happening. Gibbs will have a huge influence on who plays o-line and rb. History and gibbs words tells us he doesn't like either in the 1st.

A guy that's kinda intruiging like lepsis is kolo kopiano the te from w. tx a&m. He's a transfer from uscc and is 6'3 270. He could easily ad 30 lbs and play lt. He may be a lt rd pick.

stiff
03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
I have bad news for those hoping for a rb or lt in the 1st rd, it aint happening. Gibbs will have a huge influence on who plays o-line and rb. History and gibbs words tells us he doesn't like either in the 1st.

A guy that's kinda intruiging like lepsis is kolo kopiano the te from w. tx a&m. He's a transfer from uscc and is 6'3 270. He could easily ad 30 lbs and play lt. He may be a lt rd pick.

We will see who is available when the Texans are picking. Right now its too early to say who or what position they will draft. In the next few weeks as things shake out in free agency a better picture will emerge.
Gibbs will have an influence but he will only be one voice in the draft. Gibbs will be here two - three years. Long enough to pass on his Yoda like knowledge of Zone Blocking on to the Texans.

Kolo Kapanui could be an interesting prospect as a 6th or 7th round pick. He may not be drafted. He looks like a project. IMHO if he is willing to convert to a FB that will help his chances of making it in the NFL.

infantrycak
03-04-2008, 10:12 PM

Really?

1983--1st round G Chris Hinton, 2nd round T Mark Cooper
1985--1st round RB Steven Sewell
1986--no picks in 1st three rounds

1994--no 1st round pick
1995--no picks 1st three rounds--T taken with 4th round pick
1996--3rd round RB
1997--no 2nd round pick--3rd round G
1999--2nd round C
2002--2nd round RB

Yes, he believes he can find OL and RB in the lower rounds, but history shows they are plenty willing to take them higher and no generalization or categorical statement of "they won't take one" should be made. That and Kubiak is the head coach and his first move was to try to take a 1st round RB.
1988--2nd round G Gerald Perry
1989--2nd round G Doug Widell

BSofA04
03-04-2008, 10:50 PM
Really?

1994--no 1st round pick
1996--3rd round RB
1999--2nd round C
2002--2nd round RB

Yes, he believes he can find OL and RB in the lower rounds, but history shows they are plenty willing to take them higher and no generalization or categorical statement of "they won't take one" should be made. That and Kubiak is the head coach and his first move was to try to take a 1st round RB.

Another reason to believe that great teams are built from the inside, out. Good post.

Insideop
03-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Agree with the rest of the line with McKinney as the exception. I think he's more suited to guard and only moved inside due to injury. I think Hadnotwas orginally brought in to be viewed as a secondary option and compete for the starter position between, Eslinger White and himself. This FA period is seeing some crazy money thrown around though and looks like He wants to cash in with the rest.

I think Weary could very well be let go and I'd really like to see someone like Studdard with his tenacity start. I think he'd be a good enforcer.

You know, it is my opinion now, since the hiring of Gibbs, that no one has any idea who we will draft and in what round, and who will end up playing what position on the O-line. I/we have an idea of what Gibbs likes and what he's done in the past, but right now, it just seems like the whole thing is a "crap shoot."

Some think Studdard should play because of his tenacity, which is certainly one of the traits Gibbs would like. But, does he have the foot speed and quickness that Gibbs will demand? Will McKinney fit in better as Guard or Center, or will he have lost too much of a step and be cut? Will Frye get moved back to LT because of his quickness, or will he struggle with learning the technique Gibbs wants and go back to the PS?

As for the Draft, do they go for the Chris Williams in the 1st round, or do they wait and go for someone like Jeremy Zuttah in the 4th? Or, do they try to trade down in the 1st and maybe pick Branden Albert and convert him to LT?

Lots of questions. idonno: Lots of options. :thinking: Should be interesting. JMHO! :gotexans1

leebigeztx
03-04-2008, 11:18 PM
Really?

1994--no 1st round pick
1996--3rd round RB
1999--2nd round C
2002--2nd round RB

Gibbs didn't get there till 95. All those picks prior to that was gibbs. I will say denver did take foster in the 1st, but gibbs was in atl.

infantrycak
03-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Gibbs didn't get there till 95. All those picks prior to that was gibbs. I will say denver did take foster in the 1st, but gibbs was in atl.

Well call up the Texans and tell them they have it wrong. From his profile:

He spent 13 combined seasons (1984-1987 and 1995-2003) mentoring the offensive line with the Broncos, where he established several franchise records.

Did skew the years so throw 1983 and 1994 out and include:

2003--1st round T

So in his last year with Denver they presumably with his approval drafted an OT. Hardly seems like good proof they won't do it or we won't do it.

dalemurphy
03-05-2008, 09:19 AM
Well call up the Texans and tell them they have it wrong. From his profile:

Did skew the years so throw 1983 and 1994 out and include:

2003--1st round T

So in his last year with Denver they presumably with his approval drafted an OT. Hardly seems like good proof they won't do it or we won't do it.

Also, a lot more teams are copycatting the ZBS these days. So, there is more demand for the smaller, athletic linemen. Therefore, it's not as easy to steal a guy in the middle rounds. It's a trend not unlike the 3-4. 10 years ago, the tweener DEs would slip through the first round because all the 4-3 teams thought they were too small. Now, not only do more teams run a 3-4 but even the 4-3 teams have realized how to use them and their usefulness.

b0ng
03-05-2008, 12:51 PM
I think the fact that the Texans have re-signed Demps and signed Reeves might mean that the Texans don't address the secondary until round 3 or later.

I don't think they'll be taking a defensive player first unless it's a CB. I think that the needs at LT and RB will outweigh the want to pick the BPA, unless all the value at RB and LT has dried up by the 18th pick.

Spike
03-05-2008, 01:47 PM
I think the fact that the Texans have re-signed Demps and signed Reeves might mean that the Texans don't address the secondary until round 3 or later.

I don't think they'll be taking a defensive player first unless it's a CB. I think that the needs at LT and RB will outweigh the want to pick the BPA, unless all the value at RB and LT has dried up by the 18th pick.

Agreed. I think Reeves provides some flexibility, but if the right CB is there at 18, I thin you still take him with the uncertaintly surrounding Dunta. If Dunta comes back we are two deep at both CB positions - which isn't a bad thing in our division.

As was noted above, the big question mark is how the O-line shakes up. Arguably, with the addition of a veteran center, we already have all the peices of the puzzle for Gibbs to play with.

I am still leaning LT in the first, but am not opposed to going with a RB if there is a potential for a franchise back at 18.

buddyboy
03-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Agreed. I think Reeves provides some flexibility, but if the right CB is there at 18, I thin you still take him with the uncertaintly surrounding Dunta. If Dunta comes back we are two deep at both CB positions - which isn't a bad thing in our division.

As was noted above, the big question mark is how the O-line shakes up. Arguably, with the addition of a veteran center, we already have all the peices of the puzzle for Gibbs to play with.

I am still leaning LT in the first, but am not opposed to going with a RB if there is a potential for a franchise back at 18.

Definitely. With the severity of Robinson's injury, I really think we should be looking for the CB who can step in and be our no. 1 shutdown corner. And then if Robinson DOES come back 100%, well...no problem with having two all pro CBs! :splits:

TK_Gamer
03-05-2008, 03:51 PM
We are in the not so envious position of having too many needs. Although it will be interesting if there is only one of the need guys available at 18. I personally think it will be even more interesting if there are several available. I am kind of interested to see wich way we go then. Here is our NEED list as I see it:
Starting LT mold O-lineman.
Starting CB mold Defensive back
Starting SS mold Defensive back
Starting SSLB
Starting RB
The fact that we did not re-sign Hutchins leads me to believe they are seriously thinking CB at 18. But the fact that we did not re-sign Dayne makes me believe we are looking at RB, at least with the 3rd round pick. We did however sign Reeves and Bentley. That leaves RB and LT as the 2 totally uncovered positions (thus far). So what happens if Stewart and Williams are both there at 18? I'm very curious as to what this front office will decide. I think this draft will be one of the pivotal drafts in Texans history. I can't wait.

HOU-TEX
03-05-2008, 04:07 PM
I did not want to start a new thread for this, so I figured this was a logical thread to post it.

It's being said that the Titans, Broncos and Texans have interest in G Jake Scott. :cool:

Scott, whos played his past four seasons with the Colts, is meeting with Titans officials at Baptist Sports Park on Wednesday.

Hes also received interest from Denver and Houston, among others.

Goldensilence
03-05-2008, 04:10 PM
We are in the not so envious position of having too many needs. Although it will be interesting if there is only one of the need guys available at 18. I personally think it will be even more interesting if there are several available. I am kind of interested to see wich way we go then. Here is our NEED list as I see it:
Starting SSLB
Starting RB
The fact that we did not re-sign Hutchins leads me to believe they are seriously thinking CB at 18. But the fact that we did not re-sign Dayne makes me believe we are looking at RB, at least with the 3rd round pick. We did however sign Reeves and Bentley. That leaves RB and LT as the 2 totally uncovered positions (thus far). So what happens if Stewart and Williams are both there at 18? I'm very curious as to what this front office will decide. I think this draft will be one of the pivotal drafts in Texans history. I can't wait.

I think some people on the board are overvaluing Von.With Reeves signing on you Move Faggins back to Nickel where he belongs and isn't a bad option at.

I think Darius Walker emerging somewhat the last game or two made Dayne expendable and even coming off injury Taylor is more explosive. Whether or not we have looked to resign Dayne isn't nearly a big deal as what we are going to do with Green.

Also think you got the starting SS wrong.We've had those in spades but needed a FS. Demps back in the fold(thankfully) and Glenn Earl on the mend makes me believe this staff has what it wants at both positions. Wether we agree or not.

SLB. I think Diles is going to get a legit shot this year in TC to take the spot. Like last year I think Smith is setting the team up well for the draft without painting ourselves in a corner.

At 18 I believe one of those three will be there that you have listed. All things considered I hope Williams is there or we could take Sam Baker.I would love to see Cason on the team as well though.

TK_Gamer
03-05-2008, 04:24 PM
I think the main reason I think this draft is pivotal is the signing of Gibbs. Since we most likely will be going away from the hybrid offense and leaning more heavily towards the ZBS, I'm interested in A) how much power they give Gibbs to shape the offense. B) whether we finally put the puzzle together at the LT spot or go with status quo and Salaam/also ran. C) with this new system who emerges/fits best at the RB position.

TK_Gamer
03-05-2008, 04:30 PM
SLB. I think Diles is going to get a legit shot this year in TC to take the spot. Like last year I think Smith is setting the team up well for the draft without painting ourselves in a corner.

I know a lot of people here are strong on Diles, but IIRC didnt he come out last year and get hurt almost immediately? I could be mistaken, but if that's true, a fragile SLB to me is about worthless since he will be ramming heads with the best RB's in the league. Hope you're right.

markn
03-05-2008, 04:46 PM
Starting SSLB
Starting RB

Good post, but I still think they'll take BPA regardless of currently perceived needs. Can you imagine them passing on say Gholston or Harvey if one of them slipped to 18?

Ole Miss Texan
03-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Well I think everything we've done this offseason tells us exactly what we're NOT going to do on Draft Day.

1) Alex Gibbs- With Gibbs (along with Kubiak's) knowledge and eye for offensive line talent paired with our zone blocking scheme means one thing, and one thing only: We will NOT select anyone on the Offensive line in the 1st round. They can hand-pick "their guys" later in the draft (on the 2nd day).

2) Gary Kubiak- With Gary Kubiak (along with Rick Smith) running the show similar to what they did in Denver means one thing. We will NOT select a Running Back in the 1st round and can easily plug in a RB from the 2nd day or undrafted that will consistenly produce 1,000+yard season.

3) Ray Rhodes, Will Demps, & Jacques Reeves- With Ray Rhodes coaching the secondary and especially with signing Reeves + re-signing Will Demps coupled with the emergence of Fred Bennett (4th round pick) being so good in his rookie season- there is no more need in the secondary. This means one thing: We will NOT select a Cornerback or Safety in the 1st round and can look at a guy like Freddie B. in the 4th round to come in and play well and groom at the same time.

4) Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams, Travis Johnson, 'the late' Jason Babin- With spending 4 1st round picks in the last 4 years on the defensive line, the Houston fanbase would line up and shoot themselves if they selected another D-lineman. This means we will NOT select a defensive lineman in the 1st round.

5) A. Johnson, A. Davis, J. Jones, K. Walter- With the best WR in the league, an emerging 3rd round superstar in Jacoby Jones, re-signing the stud Andre Davis, and having Kevin Walter (a guy Kubiak loves and fans are starting to like) means we might actually have a strength in our WR corps. This means we will NOT select a Wide Receiver in the 1st round.

6) Demeco freakin' Ryans- Need I say more? Superstud Middle linebacker can pretty much take care of it himself. Outside of him we have Greenwood, who is nothing special but always produces solid play. Then we have Zac Diles (7th rd pick!) who is 100% definitely going to start next to Demeco cuz Kubiak said so. Just signed a guy Bentley from the Seahawks who should get some great playing time and be solid depth at the least. All this means Linebacker is not a need so we can look at this position on the 2nd day or get another Free Agent... This means we will NOT select a LB in the 1st round.

7) Vonta Leach and Owen Daniels- Two great players at their respective positions. Leach is awesome. Daniels is a great TE, esp. for a 4th rounder. If we can get him in the 4th, there is NO reason to spend a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick on a Tight End. Plus, Dreessen looked pretty solid and can learn the position well. This means we will NOT spend a 1st round pick on a FB or TE.

8) Matt Schaub + Sage Rosenfels- Matt Schaub is a superstar and some on here like Sage Rosenfels better. Schaub is possibly our franchise QB and Sage is a great back up who can come in and start if need be. He did last season and pretty much all he did was win. We will NOT select a QB in the 1st round.

So by my count... let's see here. We won't be selecting a QB, FB, RB, TE, WR, LT, G, C, DE, DT, OLB, MLB, CB or S in the first round. It's been proven because of these examples and the coaches' past. I think this only means we HAVE to not only trade away our 1st round pick.. trade it on all the way down, but we won't need a 3rd rounder either because that's still a real quality pick. We can hand pick all our guys from the 4th round-on mainly because of Gary Kubiak, Rick Smith, Alex Gibbs, Ray Rhodes and the recent draft pick/ free agent signings.

Specnatz
03-05-2008, 04:56 PM
I did not want to start a new thread for this, so I figured this was a logical thread to post it.

It's being said that the Titans, Broncos and Texans have interest in G Jake Scott. :cool:

I would like to get him because we need a right guard and we need depth.

TexSon
03-05-2008, 05:03 PM
So by my count... let's see here. We won't be selecting a QB, FB, RB, TE, WR, LT, G, C, DE, DT, OLB, MLB, CB or S in the first round. It's been proven because of these examples and the coaches' past. I think this only means we HAVE to not only trade away our 1st round pick.. trade it on all the way down, but we won't need a 3rd rounder either because that's still a real quality pick. We can hand pick all our guys from the 4th round-on mainly because of Gary Kubiak, Rick Smith, Alex Gibbs, Ray Rhodes and the recent draft pick/ free agent signings.

I'm glad you included this last part because after reading the first two items I was about ready to :gun:

:D

Kaiser Toro
03-05-2008, 07:02 PM
Well I think everything we've done this offseason tells us exactly what we're NOT going to do on Draft Day.

1) Alex Gibbs- With Gibbs (along with Kubiak's) knowledge and eye for offensive line talent paired with our zone blocking scheme means one thing, and one thing only: We will NOT select anyone on the Offensive line in the 1st round. They can hand-pick "their guys" later in the draft (on the 2nd day).

2) Gary Kubiak- With Gary Kubiak (along with Rick Smith) running the show similar to what they did in Denver means one thing. We will NOT select a Running Back in the 1st round and can easily plug in a RB from the 2nd day or undrafted that will consistenly produce 1,000+yard season.

3) Ray Rhodes, Will Demps, & Jacques Reeves- With Ray Rhodes coaching the secondary and especially with signing Reeves + re-signing Will Demps coupled with the emergence of Fred Bennett (4th round pick) being so good in his rookie season- there is no more need in the secondary. This means one thing: We will NOT select a Cornerback or Safety in the 1st round and can look at a guy like Freddie B. in the 4th round to come in and play well and groom at the same time.

4) Amobi Okoye, Mario Williams, Travis Johnson, 'the late' Jason Babin- With spending 4 1st round picks in the last 4 years on the defensive line, the Houston fanbase would line up and shoot themselves if they selected another D-lineman. This means we will NOT select a defensive lineman in the 1st round.

5) A. Johnson, A. Davis, J. Jones, K. Walter- With the best WR in the league, an emerging 3rd round superstar in Jacoby Jones, re-signing the stud Andre Davis, and having Kevin Walter (a guy Kubiak loves and fans are starting to like) means we might actually have a strength in our WR corps. This means we will NOT select a Wide Receiver in the 1st round.

6) Demeco freakin' Ryans- Need I say more? Superstud Middle linebacker can pretty much take care of it himself. Outside of him we have Greenwood, who is nothing special but always produces solid play. Then we have Zac Diles (7th rd pick!) who is 100% definitely going to start next to Demeco cuz Kubiak said so. Just signed a guy Bentley from the Seahawks who should get some great playing time and be solid depth at the least. All this means Linebacker is not a need so we can look at this position on the 2nd day or get another Free Agent... This means we will NOT select a LB in the 1st round.

7) Vonta Leach and Owen Daniels- Two great players at their respective positions. Leach is awesome. Daniels is a great TE, esp. for a 4th rounder. If we can get him in the 4th, there is NO reason to spend a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd round pick on a Tight End. Plus, Dreessen looked pretty solid and can learn the position well. This means we will NOT spend a 1st round pick on a FB or TE.

8) Matt Schaub + Sage Rosenfels- Matt Schaub is a superstar and some on here like Sage Rosenfels better. Schaub is possibly our franchise QB and Sage is a great back up who can come in and start if need be. He did last season and pretty much all he did was win. We will NOT select a QB in the 1st round.

Thank you! This data will certainly put teeth behind my campaign to draft a Long Snapper in the 1st. :specnatz:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-05-2008, 07:15 PM
We've got to get more athletic at the punter position and the 1st round is just the place to do it. :evilb:

edo783
03-05-2008, 07:19 PM
We've got to get more athletic at the punter position and the 1st round is just the place to do it. :evilb:

Didn't the Raiders draft a kicker in the 1st once? If not, sure sounds like something they would do.

Kaiser Toro
03-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Didn't the Raiders draft a kicker in the 1st once? If not, sure sounds like something they would do.

Yep, Ray Guy. 1st time ever, not sure if it happened again.

infantrycak
03-05-2008, 07:23 PM
I know a lot of people here are strong on Diles, but IIRC didnt he come out last year and get hurt almost immediately? I could be mistaken, but if that's true, a fragile SLB to me is about worthless since he will be ramming heads with the best RB's in the league. Hope you're right.

Don't recall whether Diles was injured, but assuming he was--FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE PLEASE STOP LABELING PEOPLE AS FRAGILE AFTER A SINGLE INJURY IN THE N friggin F friggin L. It is a violent sport. Almost every player is injured. Until you get to repeat injuries to the same location, this is absurd silliness.

/rant

pappy
03-05-2008, 07:25 PM

:perfect10:

I vote for some dead fans and draft a defensive lineman that way some good seats will open up for your tax break money .:bowser:

feebleminded
03-05-2008, 08:15 PM
Yep, Ray Guy. 1st time ever, not sure if it happened again.

The Raiders did it again in 2000 with Sebastian Janikowski, and at 17 no less!
:sos:

edo783
03-05-2008, 09:01 PM
The Raiders did it again in 2000 with Sebastian Janikowski, and at 17 no less!
:sos:

Good grief, not only did they do it, but they did it TWICE? How freaking nuts is that?

ArlingtonTexan
03-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Good grief, not only did they do it, but they did it TWICE? How freaking nuts is that?

I want to say that they drafted a punter ion like the 3rd round the same year.

feebleminded
03-05-2008, 10:18 PM
I want to say that they drafted a punter ion like the 3rd round the same year.

They took Shane Lechler in the 5th. Pretty good pick, but doesn't make up for taking a kicker 17th overall.

The Pencil Neck
03-06-2008, 01:02 AM

Yeah, Ray Guy. And the pick was worth it.

Ole Miss Texan
03-06-2008, 07:56 AM
Thank you! This data will certainly put teeth behind my campaign to draft a Long Snapper in the 1st. :specnatz:

Well that was a need of ours shown on the NFL Network during the combine!!!

Goldensilence
03-06-2008, 08:53 AM

Can't rep ya again. Great post as usual Ole Miss.

badboy
03-06-2008, 09:03 AM
You know, it is my opinion now, since the hiring of Gibbs, that no one has any idea who we will draft and in what round, and who will end up playing what position on the O-line. I/we have an idea of what Gibbs likes and what he's done in the past, but right now, it just seems like the whole thing is a "crap shoot."

Some think Studdard should play because of his tenacity, which is certainly one of the traits Gibbs would like. But, does he have the foot speed and quickness that Gibbs will demand? Will McKinney fit in better as Guard or Center, or will he have lost too much of a step and be cut? Will Frye get moved back to LT because of his quickness, or will he struggle with learning the technique Gibbs wants and go back to the PS?

As for the Draft, do they go for the Chris Williams in the 1st round, or do they wait and go for someone like Jeremy Zuttah in the 4th? Or, do they try to trade down in the 1st and maybe pick Branden Albert and convert him to LT?

Lots of questions. idonno: Lots of options. :thinking: Should be interesting. JMHO! :gotexans1Good points. I am eager to see the new system but when you have linemen with leg or knee injuries such as McKinney that becomes a concern. I would think lateral movement could be more difficult than straight forward or backward movement. Maybe someone with more knowledge could offer an opinion?

I know McKinney, team dietician Roberta Anding and rehab coach Dan Riley are hosting a nutrition and fitness clinic March 15 at Steve's Velocity. Location is Highway 6 and Dulles in Missouri City. No charge but advance registration required. 281-208-2733. My son went to high school with McKinney (two years behind) so I have always pulled for him. My understanding is his rehab is going well.

If a potentially great player (Williams, Stewart, Medendhall) is available at our pick, I'd hesitate on hoping a Zuttah or a second tier RB will be there in 4th. Also, Zuttah is thought to be small at 6'4" for LT (I'm not sure I buy that)and may end up at guard. He is interesting at 4 or 5 as he can play T,G or C and is moving up the boards. RT at Rutgers.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=33570

badboy
03-06-2008, 09:14 AM

So by my count... let's see here. We won't be selecting a QB, FB, RB, TE, WR, LT, G, C, DE, DT, OLB, MLB, CB or S in the first round. It's been proven because of these examples and the coaches' past. I think this only means we HAVE to not only trade away our 1st round pick.. trade it on all the way down, but we won't need a 3rd rounder either because that's still a real quality pick. We can hand pick all our guys from the 4th round-on mainly because of Gary Kubiak, Rick Smith, Alex Gibbs, Ray Rhodes and the recent draft pick/ free agent signings.You are so right and I agree with you 100 % that the Texans will do exactly as you say, unless they don't.

badboy
03-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Don't recall whether Diles was injured, but assuming he was--FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE PLEASE STOP LABELING PEOPLE AS FRAGILE AFTER A SINGLE INJURY IN THE N friggin F friggin L. It is a violent sport. Almost every player is injured. Until you get to repeat injuries to the same location, this is absurd silliness.

/rantICAK, your rant beat my rant by a little.. Same thing wth Schaub. Injuries happen! Let's not label a player so quickly.

badboy
03-06-2008, 09:20 AM
Hey OMT, how many 7th round picks can we get for our 1st and third? I'm thinking an extra 7th for like 20 years would be sweet.

Errant Hothy
03-06-2008, 11:04 AM
Both Wade and Croker have been given contract offers:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5596606.html

General manager Rick Smith made offers to Atlanta free safety Chris Crocker and Tampa Bay center John Wade, both of whom are visiting other teams.

If we sign Wade, I hope it does not stop us from going after Scott still.

Brando
03-06-2008, 11:06 AM

Agreed I would rather have Scott because he is younger and has more upside. He is also a beast(I'm not saying Wade is not).

Mike Kerns
03-06-2008, 11:16 AM

I could not agree more. Especially after we got bit so bad by the injury bug last year...

Lucky
03-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Don't recall whether Diles was injured, but assuming he was--FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE PLEASE STOP LABELING PEOPLE AS FRAGILE AFTER A SINGLE INJURY IN THE N friggin F friggin L.
I can't find anything on a Diles injury. He may be thinking about Shawn Barber, who was placed on IR last November. Thankfully, the Texans released that fragile pansy. :)

Insideop
03-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Agreed I would rather have Scott because he is younger and has more upside. He is also a beast(I'm not saying Wade is not).

Yes, it's always better to get a young "beast" :wild: instead of an old "beast." :lion: More upside!

Specnatz
03-06-2008, 12:44 PM

But one plays Guard and one plays Center so I do not think it should effect either or.

Errant Hothy
03-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Crocker is visiting Pittsburgh today.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08066/862980-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

Chris Crocker, a free agent safety from Atlanta, joined the list of players for personal interviews with the Steelers today at their UPMC facility on Pittsburgh's South Side.

Crocker became the fifth unrestricted free agent to visit the Steelers since Monday, and the second free safety.

Maddict5
03-06-2008, 12:55 PM
same but with a snippet

Chris Crocker-DB- Falcons Mar. 6 - 1:29 pm et

The Steelers hosted free agent safety Chris Crocker Thursday.

Crocker can hit, but gave up a lot of big plays in Atlanta. He has been a starter in Atlanta and Cleveland the last three years. Crocker has been offered a contract by the Texans.
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Related: Texans, Steelers

badboy
03-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Maybe the thought that Crocker would visit Houston helped Demps to sign. I'd like both on roster. Didn't I see that Glenn Earl had been tendered?

Lucky
03-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Didn't I see that Glenn Earl had been tendered?
I believe Earl is an unrestricted free agent, therefore not eligible for a tender.

ArlingtonTexan
03-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Maybe the thought that Crocker would visit Houston helped Demps to sign. I'd like both on roster. Didn't I see that Glenn Earl had been tendered?

I think that the Texans are interested in Crocker because he could provide depth at both safety spots.

Errant Hothy
03-07-2008, 11:24 AM
Crocker update:
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Free agent S Chris Crocker, who met with the Steelers Thursday, also has visits scheduled with the Titans and Broncos.

"Let's hope I don't have to make those trips," Crocker said. He apparently wants to play in Pittsburgh or Houston. The Texans have an offer on the table.

DiehardChris
03-07-2008, 12:19 PM
Free agent S Chris Crocker, who met with the Steelers Thursday, also has visits scheduled with the Titans and Broncos.

"Let's hope I don't have to make those trips," Crocker said. He apparently wants to play in Pittsburgh or Houston. The Texans have an offer on the table.

That doesn't sound good for his prospects of coming to Houston... I mean, to me that sounds like all Pittsburgh has to do is offer more money. Not that losing out on him is a huge deal - I just think he'd add valuable depth. I guess we start going after Glenn Earl a little more aggressively if Crocker doesn't work out? I like Earl more anyway - I'm just concerned about him coming back from that injury.

marroncito
03-07-2008, 12:56 PM
That doesn't sound good for his prospects of coming to Houston... I mean, to me that sounds like all Pittsburgh has to do is offer more money. Not that losing out on him is a huge deal - I just think he'd add valuable depth. I guess we start going after Glenn Earl a little more aggressively if Crocker doesn't work out? I like Earl more anyway - I'm just concerned about him coming back from that injury.

If the only spots he's considering are Pittsburgh & Houston, we should be able to give him the better deal. Pittsburgh is up against the cap and they just re-upped Rothlisberger to a big money deal.

Ole Miss Texan
03-07-2008, 01:13 PM
If the only spots he's considering are Pittsburgh & Houston, we should be able to give him the better deal. Pittsburgh is up against the cap and they just re-upped Rothlisberger to a big money deal.

Except playing next to Troy Polamalu can be a little more exciting than playing next to CC Brown.

badboy
03-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Wanted to bump this as a reminder..I can not find out if Crocker has signed and if Texans are still interested?
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_555861.htmlAny info out there? Thanks

AnthonyE
03-29-2008, 06:02 AM
Wanted to bump this as a reminder..I can not find out if Crocker has signed and if Texans are still interested?
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_555861.htmlAny info out there? Thanks

According to RotoWorld.com, and NFL Network Chris Crocker signed with the Dolphins Friday.

Dolphins signed S Chris Crocker to a one-year, $1.15 million contract. NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the deal includes $300,000 guaranteed.

Crocker adds competition for Yeremiah Bell and Keith Davis at strong safety. He could also see some action on the free side if Jason Allen fails to impress in training camp. Ideally, Allen will be the Week 1 starter and establish himself as something of a building block in the secondary.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=2590