PDA

View Full Version : Titans lose three more

Overalls
03-03-2008, 06:43 PM
Rumor Alert

http://rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx?rwr=1

Jacob Bell-G-Titans Mar. 3 - 7:24 pm et

The Rams have reportedly agreed to terms on a six-year contract with free agent OG Jason Bell.

Post-Dispatch writer Bernie Miklasz doesn't have numbers yet, but he's likely getting about $4 million a year. Bell, 26, is only 6'4/295, but is considered sound technically and was part of a good Titans line. Of course, he was flanked by two excellent players, C Kevin Mawae and LT Michael Roos.
Source: St. Louis Post Dispatch

Antwan Odom-DL-Bengals Mar. 3 - 6:40 pm et

Bengals agreed to terms with DE Antwan Odom on a five-year, $29.5 million contract. The deal includes $11.5 million guaranteed.

The Bengals' recent moves (also trying to deal for Dewayne Robertson) indicate they're not sold on using a 3-4 in 2008. Odom, 26, had a career best eight sacks while playing in a rotation with Travis LaBoy in 2007. He had 21 total tackles. The Bengals will likely put him at right end, a position he's struggled at, and ask him to play every down. We'd avoid him in IDP leagues.
Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press

Cardinals agreed to terms with OLB/DE Travis LaBoy on a five-year contract, according to NFL Network.

He's going to play with his hand up in Arizona. LaBoy dealt with various injuries as a Titan, but consistently brought pressure when healthy. He had six sacks and forced four fumbles in 2007. LaBoy will compete with Bertrand Berry to be the Cards' starting right outside linebacker in training camp.
Related: Bertrand Berry

Not a bad day for the ICOU

:fans:

Nawzer
03-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Wow! Antwaan Odom got a $29 million deal! Wasn't he a backup player for the Titans?

kiwitexansfan
03-03-2008, 07:27 PM
That is 3 decent players that Titans have lost, good news for us.

edo783
03-03-2008, 07:36 PM

My thoughts also. Any loses on divisional rivals helps. Of course, the additions to the Jags may actually help. LOL

toronto
03-03-2008, 07:42 PM

Bell was the one that really hurt. Both Laboy and Odom got ridiculous money considering their results since being drafted. Bell? I loved the line and its youth and felt it should be kept together - so this one was a stinger for me.

Honoring Earl 34
03-04-2008, 12:01 AM
I heard on the radio the Titans are 44 million under the cap . They were wondering when Bud was planning on spending his money .

Bulluck53
03-04-2008, 12:37 AM
Bell was a big loss and I have no idea why the FO didn't try very hard to re-sign him. He's a great player and will be for a long time in this league.

Odom and LaBoy had wonderful contract years.

Overalls
03-04-2008, 06:46 AM
Bell was a big loss and I have no idea why the FO didn't try very hard to re-sign him. He's a great player and will be for a long time in this league.

Odom and LaBoy had wonderful contract years.

You mean like Fat Alebert did?

Texan_Bill
03-04-2008, 08:12 AM
You mean like Fat Alebert did?

Exactly...... But in typical Tinnbread fashion, they franchised the wrong guy, they franchised Fat Albert.

Specnatz
03-04-2008, 09:48 AM
Dud is a cheap whore goes after the eazy dollar versus the long term affair.

Hardcore Texan
03-04-2008, 09:54 AM
Normally I would be quick to judge them and say they are going to suck bigtime next year (and I hope they do) but after last year I was sure they had a terrible offseason and they come back and make the playoffs. Color me confused when it comes to the flaming meatballs, I have no clue how this will pan out, I just want Mario to sack his highness at least 4 times next year on our way to pulling off the sweep.

austintexanite
03-04-2008, 10:03 AM
I gotta admit that Bell taking off is a bit of a surprise, I thought your FO was going to resign him for sure. Not good news for you guys, but it is for us.

Maddict5
03-04-2008, 10:06 AM
Exactly...... But in typical Tinnbread fashion, they franchised the wrong guy, they franchised Fat Albert.

who were they supposed to franchise?? i dont know if you caught last season but fat albert was probably their MVP

Specnatz
03-04-2008, 10:08 AM
who were they supposed to franchise?? i dont know if you caught last season but fat albert was probably their MVP

They could have used the transition tag and matched offers on two guys.

Texan_Bill
03-04-2008, 10:13 AM

Exactly... They franchised a cancer like Fat Albert who played lights out. Why did he play lights out???....... Contract year!!

On another note, you may try to be less condescending. It will make your posts weigh more..

Maddict5
03-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Exactly... They franchised a cancer like Fat Albert who played lights out. Why did he play lights out???....... Contract year!!

On another note, you may try to be less condescending. It will make your posts weigh more..

he's a cancer?? based on what? what has he done to poison his own locker room? sure gurode and schaub dont like him but how does that effect the tacks?
your post would weigh more without blatant bias and homerism

and the question still remains.. who should they have franchised instead of fat al?? the guys who played decent in their contract yrs or the guy who played lights out??

not to mention, by franchising him, that also makes this coming year a 'contract' year, if thats his only motive (which i doubt). so even by your own logic, franchising him was the right thing to do

Maddict5
03-04-2008, 10:34 AM

the 'cost' of the franchise tag isnt what stopped the tacks resigning those other guys.. they have loads of cap room

El Tejano
03-04-2008, 10:36 AM
My thoughts also. Any loses on divisional rivals helps. Of course, the additions to the Jags may actually help. LOL

I heard Sammy Knight went to NYG.

infantrycak
03-04-2008, 11:41 AM

You can't use both in the same season.

Specnatz
03-04-2008, 11:43 AM
You can't use both in the same season.

I know that but transition you can place on two players versus franchise only on one player.

infantrycak
03-04-2008, 11:45 AM
I know that but transition you can place on two players versus franchise only on one player.

Got a link for that, because everything I look at says one?

Bulluck53
03-04-2008, 12:10 PM
I'll leave the Haynesworth pissing match to you guys this go-around....

We didn't try very hard to re-sign Bell because the FO has a lot of faith in Eugene Amano and Daniel Loper who filled in nicely when they were called upon. Also we drafted LeRoy Harris as an interior lineman who they are also very high on (we have a history of drafting well on the OL and Munchak is one of the best talent-developers in the game).

Haynesworth needed to be kept because of his effect on everyone else. Look at the three game stretch in which he did not play.... 3 losses, 3 of the highest point totals given up, and I'd be willing to bet 3 of our lowest sack-totals from last season. Haynesworth's presence is what opened up LaBoy and Odom (and even KVB). And Haynesworth's play escalated after his suspension in '06 so it wasn't just in the contract year, but take that for what its worth.

Call it sour grapes or whatever you want, but you can't deny those facts about Odom and LaBoy.

Texan_Bill
03-04-2008, 12:29 PM
he's a cancer?? based on what? what has he done to poison his own locker room? sure gurode and schaub dont like him but how does that effect the tacks?
your post would weigh more without blatant bias and homerism

and the question still remains.. who should they have franchised instead of fat al?? the guys who played decent in their contract yrs or the guy who played lights out??

not to mention, by franchising him, that also makes this coming year a 'contract' year, if thats his only motive (which i doubt). so even by your own logic, franchising him was the right thing to do

His actions against Gurode were unconscionable, let alone the way he reacted to getting kicked out and how he acted towards his head coach. Throw in the cheap shot to Schaub - ALL in less than the last two seasons = cancer. In the words of John McLame "he's jerk and a punk...." .

Who should they have franchised?? Well, read the posts preceding / related to my original post and figure it out for yourself. You act as though Fat Albert was their only option.

I agree that by franchising him that he will have to perform next season. There's no argument about that. But then again 6 sacks (3 alone against the 'Self Sack Machine' -or- HWSRN) shouldn't be too hard equal.

My post stands as stated - whether a Texan fan, Cowboy fan (and most people know that I don't like the cowboys) or a fan of the NFL in general. I do not like cheap shotting thugs that should have faced felonious assault charges. That has NOTHING to do 'blatant bias or homerism.

Respond all you want, but I am finished with you.

Texan_Bill
03-04-2008, 12:33 PM
I'll leave the Haynesworth pissing match to you guys this go-around....

We didn't try very hard to re-sign Bell because the FO has a lot of faith in Eugene Amano and Daniel Loper who filled in nicely when they were called upon. Also we drafted LeRoy Harris as an interior lineman who they are also very high on (we have a history of drafting well on the OL and Munchak is one of the best talent-developers in the game).

Haynesworth needed to be kept because of his effect on everyone else. Look at the three game stretch in which he did not play.... 3 losses, 3 of the highest point totals given up, and I'd be willing to bet 3 of our lowest sack-totals from last season. Haynesworth's presence is what opened up LaBoy and Odom (and even KVB). And Haynesworth's play escalated after his suspension in '06 so it wasn't just in the contract year, but take that for what its worth.

Call it sour grapes or whatever you want, but you can't deny those facts about Odom and LaBoy.

Good post.

Funny, I did notice that KVB's production was down during the stretch that Fat Albert missed. Thats also one of the reasons that I felt Mario was more deserving of the Pro-Bowl than KVB.

Bulluck53
03-04-2008, 12:41 PM
his production dropped off a ton because the double and triple teams came his way again

Maddict5
03-04-2008, 12:44 PM
His actions against Gurode were unconscionable, let alone the way he reacted to getting kicked out and how he acted towards his head coach. Throw in the cheap shot to Schaub - ALL in less than the last two seasons = cancer. In the words of John McLame "he's jerk and a punk...." .

Who should they have franchised?? Well, read the posts preceding / related to my original post and figure it out for yourself. You act as though Fat Albert was their only option.

I agree that by franchising him that he will have to perform next season. There's no argument about that. But then again 6 sacks (3 alone against the 'Self Sack Machine' -or- HWSRN) shouldn't be too hard equal.

My post stands as stated - whether a Texan fan, Cowboy fan (and most people know that I don't like the cowboys) or a fan of the NFL in general. I do not like cheap shotting thugs that should have faced felonious assault charges. That has NOTHING to do 'blatant bias or homerism.

Respond all you want, but I am finished with you.

you need to go look up what a cancer is... hes not a cancer- not a high character guy but not a cancer

the 'who were they supposed to franchise?' q was rhetorical.. you franchise your best player, hence the name. haynesworth is their best FA so obviously they'd use it on him.

and if you think 6 sacks was the sum of his contribution last year then you're obviously clueless

nice touch with the 'im finished with you' to protect yourself.. its obvious you have no legitimate argument (why the tacks were stupid for franchising him) to begin with though... you just dont like the guy- still a great DT though:texflag:

Texan_Bill
03-04-2008, 12:44 PM
his production dropped off a ton because the double and triple teams came his way again

I can see that happening and if I were an O-coordinator I probably would have that same thinking.

Who do the Titans think can fill LaBoy's spot??

Texan_Bill
03-04-2008, 12:49 PM
you need to go look up what a cancer is... hes not a cancer- not a high character guy but not a cancer

the 'who were they supposed to franchise?' q was rhetorical.. you franchise your best player, hence the name. haynesworth is their best FA so obviously they'd use it on him.

and if you think 6 sacks was the sum of his contribution last year then you're obviously clueless

nice touch with the 'im finished with you' to protect yourself.. its obvious you have no legitimate argument (why the tacks were stupid for franchising him) to begin with though... you just dont like the guy- still a great DT though:texflag:

:yawn:

Show me where I said that... 'the tacks were stupid for franchising him' !!! Talk about no argument.... So in very plain english and very slow; I do not make arguments about things that I never said...

:loser

Maddict5
03-04-2008, 12:54 PM

:aggressive:

sorry you didnt say 'stupid'... you said 'wrong'. still exact same argument though.

Specnatz
03-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Got a link for that, because everything I look at says one?

Well I went and did some research and I was wrong. Not sure why i thought it was two but oh well.

Blazing Arrow
03-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Who do the Titans think can fill LaBoy's spot??

We drafted Ford last season. I just do not see much value in LaBoy or Odom. I thought we might keep one but the money they got was not worth it. AH demanded a double all season and was lining up on the same side as KVB. That pushes the O blocking to that side. Even a decent DE will work with a system where the O-line has to sell out to one side to protect there QB. I imagine we will pick up someone else in FA and draft DE in the first couple of rounds.

AH's broke down pockets and forced the QB to scramble or drop back farther in the pocket which plays into KVB's style of speed rushing around the corner. If the QB can not step into the pocket and does not have allot of time to check through his reads we really do not need to get a sack on each play.

Texan_Bill
03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
We drafted Ford last season. I just do not see much value in LaBoy or Odom. I thought we might keep one but the money they got was not worth it. AH demanded a double all season and was lining up on the same side as KVB. That pushes the O blocking to that side. Even a decent DE will work with a system where the O-line has to sell out to one side to protect there QB. I imagine we will pick up someone else in FA and draft DE in the first couple of rounds.

AH's broke down pockets and forced the QB to scramble or drop back farther in the pocket which plays into KVB's style of speed rushing around the corner. If the QB can not step into the pocket and does not have allot of time to check through his reads we really do not need to get a sack on each play.

Ford?? I don't recall hearing about that guy. Did he get much (if any) PT last year??

Bulluck53
03-04-2008, 01:58 PM
There's your answer about LaBoy.

LaBoy was purely a situational guy... he was bad against the run. I thought all along he was gone. Odom on the other hand was better against the run and more of a full-time guy, but he still lacked credential from his first three seasons. I don't think his play warrants a 5 year $29 million deal. He almost got as much guaranteed cash as Randy Moss.

Bulluck53
03-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Ford?? I don't recall hearing about that guy. Did he get much (if any) PT last year??

He was hurt in training camp along with another end we drafted, I can't remember his name.

*Antonio Johnson DT out of MS State

Specnatz
03-04-2008, 02:01 PM
He was hurt in training camp along with another end we drafted, I can't remember his name.

So your team is banking on two guys who have no playing exp that were drafted in the 4th and 5th round (there abouts). Great plan I hope it doesn't work out for ya.

Bulluck53
03-04-2008, 02:10 PM
They like them for a reason and Washburn has worked wonders before. We'll see how it plays out.

Oh and in my opinion, what you described is pretty much the purpose for the NFL Draft. If you're not going to have the confidence to play the guys you select whats the point in picking them?

Specnatz
03-04-2008, 02:14 PM
They like them for a reason and Washburn has worked wonders before. We'll see how it plays out.

Oh and in my opinion, what you described is pretty much the purpose for the NFL Draft. If you're not going to have the confidence to play the guys you select whats the point in picking them?

So what is the purpose of having a 7th round? Depth and for guys to learn for a few years from the starters and get a little playing time as to get exp. But if they been hurt you have no clue if they will workout now because they did not get any exp. Just because you draft someone because of what you saw on game tape does not mean it will translate into the pros, hence why they slip down to the the second day.

Bulluck53
03-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Eh, you select a guy to help your team. Doesn't matter what round he came from. Cortland Finnegan was selected in the 7th and is now the starter. Reynaldo Hill was the same and played well his rookie year. Bo Scaife is from the 6th , I think, and he will still be huge in our two-TE sets.

Specnatz
03-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Eh, you select a guy to help your team. Doesn't matter what round he came from. Cortland Finnegan was selected in the 7th and is now the starter. Reynaldo Hill was the same and played well his rookie year. Bo Scaife is from the 6th , I think, and he will still be huge in our two-TE sets.

That is the point... You do not draft guys on the second day to be starters right away. Can they and do they turn into starters or even great players well of course they do (*cough* Tom Brady *cough* 6th round). Was not starting immediately but he watched and learned and was able to practice so you know what you have but if the guys are injured you cant watch them practice and see if they have turned into starters or that they are going to be solid contributers.

TEXANS84
03-04-2008, 02:40 PM
A friend of mine who is a Titans fan (hard saying that, yes) said that he was more hurt from losing Bell than Laboy/Odom.

I think the feelings are mutual between Titan fans.

Blazing Arrow
03-04-2008, 03:56 PM
So your team is banking on two guys who have no playing exp that were drafted in the 4th and 5th round (there abouts). Great plan I hope it doesn't work out for ya.

There are a few mid line DE still up for grabs. The guy does not need to be great with AH and KVB just good enough to get the job done. Harper and Thornton line up on that side to help with the run. the DE really just needs to eat up the first blocker and get support from one of those two guys.

LaBoy and Odom were just not as good as there numbers showed last season.

Bulluck53
03-04-2008, 07:48 PM
A friend of mine who is a Titans fan (hard saying that, yes) said that he was more hurt from losing Bell than Laboy/Odom.

I think the feelings are mutual between Titan fans.

Every Titans fan I speak with has agreed with that.

Errant Hothy
03-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Albert ain't all that happy.

"It's like a repeat of last year,'' Haynesworth said Tuesday. "We need more weapons for Vince (Young). Now we need more defensive linemen. We are not doing anything. We are really just making ourselves worse the way I look at it. … It doesn't look like we're trying to get better.''

On Monday, the Titans lost three of their free agents — defensive end Antwan Odom (Bengals), defensive end Travis LaBoy (Cardinals) and guard Jacob Bell (Rams). Over the weekend, defensive tackle Randy Starks (Dolphins) and tight end Ben Hartsock (Falcons) departed.

After placing the franchise tag on Haynesworth to keep him under contract for the 2008 season, re-signing wideout Justin Gage and making tender offers to their seven restricted free agents, the Titans entered free agency from $25 million to $28 million under the salary cap.

So far their only addition is tight end Alge Crumpler, who was cut by the Falcons. Haynesworth said a 10-6 team that made it to the playoffs last season after a four-year absence should be aggressive.

"Alge is a great addition, but we have all this money and we've already let some of the best receivers out there go to other places," he said. "I don't know what we are doing, I really don't. Saving this money doesn't add over to next year.

"We have the potential to be good and we are letting so many key components go. I just don't want to go back to another 8-8 year or worse. I want to go deep into the playoffs and compete for a Super Bowl.''

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080305/SPORTS01/803050437/1027

Can't say I disagree with him.

Maddict5
03-05-2008, 10:55 AM
you have to agree with him.. they have loads of cap room but seem content to struggle along (relatively speaking)

Bulluck53
03-05-2008, 12:57 PM
The Giants did the same thing last year and it worked out ok for them....just sayin.

Albert needs to shut his mouth and play.

Second Honeymoon
03-05-2008, 01:05 PM
The Giants did the same thing last year and it worked out ok for them....just sayin.

Albert needs to shut his mouth and play.

Albert is telling the truth, man. If I was a Titans fan, I would give him kudos for speaking the truth and not toting the party line. As a Texans fan, color me happy but as an NFL observer, its just pathetic their level of activity. When Bud was in Houston, he would at least spend money and had good management (Holovak/Reese) but now it seems they are just a money farm for the Bud Adams Family Trust Fund.

The Giants had a lot more talent than the Titans last year. Not a good comparison. They have a true #1 PB level WR in Burress and other talent like Toomer and Shockey...not to mention a QB who came into his own in his 4th year.

Bulluck53
03-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Yea I don't see this as Bud's doing. Reinfeldt has said all along that his style wasn't breaking the bank for a few guys but reeling in players who fit the system and would contribute while keeping their salaries low. Explains why they didn't go after Bell, they believe the guys behind him can suffice. Reese did the same thing, besides our own free agents how many times have we overspent on a guy? Givens is one, but thats about it. Their philosophy has always been to build through the draft and use free agency to fill in the holes... and I agree with that.

Second Honeymoon
03-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Yea I don't see this as Bud's doing. Reinfeldt has said all along that his style wasn't breaking the bank for a few guys but reeling in players who fit the system and would contribute while keeping their salaries low. Explains why they didn't go after Bell, they believe the guys behind him can suffice. Reese did the same thing, besides our own free agents how many times have we overspent on a guy? Givens is one, but thats about it. Their philosophy has always been to build through the draft and use free agency to fill in the holes... and I agree with that.

but they didn't use FA to fill holes. They used it on a TE. They didn't need a freaking TE. They need a legit WR....and they are still waiting.

Bulluck53
03-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Yes they did need a tight end, they lost Hartsock (not a receiving tight end) and Troupe in free agency (Lord knows thats not a big deal) so it was a need. Heimerdinger's system revolves around the tight end in the passing game and Crumpler was the ideal choice for that.

Why didn't we go for a receiver? first of all, there was no true #1 in the pool and #2 every team who has signed a receiver has grossly overpaid for him. The only one left of any value is Bryant Johnson and he reportedly wants a bigger contract than the one Javon Walker just signed (which is very similar to the one Randy Moss signed... are Johnson or Walker anywhere near as valuable as Moss) They are willing to look toward the draft to find their deep threat on the outside. It will be cheaper and could turn out just as well.

Maddict5
03-05-2008, 01:28 PM
They are willing to look toward the draft to find their deep threat on the outside. It will be cheaper and could turn out just as well.

since thats worked so well for ye the last few years :shades:

Bulluck53
03-05-2008, 01:30 PM
can't argue with you there

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 01:34 PM
I think most know I do not like Fat Albert's act, but this time I have to agree with him...

But then again, dealing with the Rug, I can only say this to Titans fans. "You knew it was a snake when you picked it up"..

Second Honeymoon
03-05-2008, 01:44 PM
I think most know I do not like Fat Albert's act, but this time I have to agree with him...

But then again, dealing with the Rug, I can only say this to Titans fans. "You knew it was a snake when you picked it up"..

couldnt agree more. snake oil salesman bud.

Errant Hothy
03-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Yes they did need a tight end, they lost Hartsock (not a receiving tight end) and Troupe in free agency (Lord knows thats not a big deal) so it was a need. Heimerdinger's system revolves around the tight end in the passing game and Crumpler was the ideal choice for that.

Why didn't we go for a receiver? first of all, there was no true #1 in the pool and #2 every team who has signed a receiver has grossly overpaid for him. The only one left of any value is Bryant Johnson and he reportedly wants a bigger contract than the one Javon Walker just signed (which is very similar to the one Randy Moss signed... are Johnson or Walker anywhere near as valuable as Moss) They are willing to look toward the draft to find their deep threat on the outside. It will be cheaper and could turn out just as well.

Randy Moss would like to disagree, and he probably could have been had by the Titans.

Titans | Team to meet with J. Jones
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 09:31:31 -0800

Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News, reports the Tennessee Titans will meet with free-agent RB Julius Jones (Cowboys) Wednesday, March 5.

Yet another puzzling, possible move by the Titans.

Texan_Bill
03-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Titans | Team to meet with J. Jones
Wed, 5 Mar 2008 09:31:31 -0800

Todd Archer, of The Dallas Morning News, reports the Tennessee Titans will meet with free-agent RB Julius Jones (Cowboys) Wednesday, March 5.

Ummmm... *shakes head*

Specnatz
03-05-2008, 02:03 PM
Randy Moss would like to disagree, and he probably could have been had by the Titans.

What is so puzzling about this?

They love back-up runningbacks. Last year in the second round they drafted a RB who has never started for a team since pop-warner.

Errant Hothy
03-05-2008, 04:38 PM
What is so puzzling about this?

They love back-up runningbacks. Last year in the second round they drafted a RB who has never started for a team since pop-warner.

This is news to me, but not to everybody else:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

In a move that could mean the career of running back Chris Brown in Tennessee is over, Cowboys free-agent tailback Julius Jones is visiting with the Titans, according to multiple media reports.

Also, Adam Schefter of NFL Network reports that Titans running back LenDale White has undergone arthroscopic knee surgery. He reportedly played in pain in 2007, his second NFL season.

The Titans also have Chris Henry under contract at the position. He was a rookie in 2007.

He hurt his knee sprinting back to the buffet line...right?

Bulluck53
03-05-2008, 09:31 PM

You really think he would have come here? The Eagles threw more money at him and he still went back to New England. I ignored him for a reason.

Specnatz
03-05-2008, 10:39 PM
You really think he would have come here? The Eagles threw more money at him and he still went back to New England. I ignored him for a reason.

So you are doing exactly what your GM is doing ignoring all the good players and only looking at scrubs. :aggressive:

Errant Hothy
03-06-2008, 08:24 AM

You talking about Randy Moss aka Straight Cash, Homey?

Yeah, I think that if the price was right he would hae gone to the Titans.

Blazing Arrow
03-06-2008, 11:42 AM
You talking about Randy Moss aka Straight Cash, Homey?

Yeah, I think that if the price was right he would hae gone to the Titans.

I don't. Moss needs his stats and he will not get them in Fisher Ball. Add to that that I am sure he is looking for a ring there was no way he was coming to the Titans.

Who significant have the 8-8 Texans picked up in the offseason?

Texan_Bill
03-06-2008, 11:45 AM
I don't. Moss needs his stats and he will not get them because their running back - #10 couldn't get the ball to Moss. Add to that that I am sure he is looking for a ring there was no way he was coming to the Titans.

Fixed the first part for you Arrow...

For the second part, I couldn't have said that any better myself.

toronto
03-06-2008, 11:46 AM

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that Moss would have come down to Nashville. Ever. In fact, I don't think he ever really considered leaving NE. The man knew where his legacy laid, and to be a potential HOFer, which I believe he dearly cares about, he knew that NE was his only shot for that.

Specnatz
03-06-2008, 11:56 AM
I don't. Moss needs his stats and he will not get them in Fisher Ball. Add to that that I am sure he is looking for a ring there was no way he was coming to the Titans.

OK I know you live in Cali and they do not have a team but dude you can still watch NFL Network and espin. It is not only about adding FA but also not losing players that helped your team. You have lost 5 players minimum so far and only picked up one.

Maddict5
03-06-2008, 11:59 AM

not that many.. but we re-signed most/all of our own valuable guys.. didnt get worse

Texan_Bill
03-06-2008, 11:59 AM
OK I know you live in Cali and they do not have a team but dude you can still watch NFL Network and espin. It is not only about adding FA but also not losing players that helped your team. You have lost 5 players minimum so far and only picked up one.

Spec, what are you talking about? There are two teams up where Arrow lives.. The 9ers and the Raidahs.....

Oh, nevermind.

Vinny
03-06-2008, 12:18 PM
I think that all 3 of those players were not the kind of player to over-spend on and won't hurt the meatballs...Amano is a pretty good player and he is Filipino fwiw.

Blazing Arrow
03-06-2008, 12:24 PM

Significant losses? A couple TE that would have been cut. A couple over rated DE, and O-lineman which I would have liked to keep but ce la via.

So far we have brought back our best WR, signed a better TE then either we lost, and are interviewing a couple DE today. O-line will be filled by our current depth which has proved in can play well in our system. Ideally we will trade for a possession WR to work in this system and maybe sign JMac back to help stretch the field. Our line only lost one position. It is not like we lost our entire line. We are doing fine and keeping us available to have cap room to trade on draft day.

First couple of picks being a WR and a DE and we are not looking to bad. Now if someone would bite on a Pac trade we could be looking at a bunch of picks a decent cap number and a couple spot to fill with teams looking to unload money. Not really worried as I was not worried last season.

Texan_Bill
03-06-2008, 12:49 PM

Good football teams need more than just talented guys on the field. With that said, the Texans brought in two highly respected and well qualified assistant coaches: Alex Gibbs and Ray Rhodes. They are two pretty significant pick-ups in my eyes..

Bulluck53
03-07-2008, 07:37 PM
We hired a new offensive coordinator and new running backs coach, I guess both are well respected (don't really care, they have good credentials).... whats your point?