PDA

View Full Version : 2008 DB's

Dallas_Texan
03-03-2008, 04:46 PM
This just crossed my mind while posting in another thread....

CB1: Fred Bennett
CB2: Jacques Reeves
FS: Boulware
SS: CC Brown

Thank God they only play Peyton, Garrard, and Vince Young with Alge Crumpler twice a year!! :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun:

eriadoc
03-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Twenty thousand and eight DBs is a lot of DBs.

texanfan2002114
03-03-2008, 04:49 PM
This just crossed my mind while posting in another thread....

Thank God they only play Peyton, Garrard, and Vince Young with Alge Crumpler twice a year!! :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun: :gun:

Didn't want to worry you some much but I will be dead and gone in 20008. Take a look at your title.

Ole Miss Texan
03-03-2008, 04:51 PM
Twenty thousand and eight DBs is a lot of DBs.

Sad thing is Peyton would still be successful!

1st round Corner.

Best case scenario is that Dunta comes back after next season 100%, Reeves fits into the system perfectly, and Bennett continues to improve. We have a 1st round CB playing, getting experience this season and hopefully would be our #1 CB or if the right guy possibly transition to Safety.

That's the best case scenario and it would look great to me. Chances are not all of those are going to pan out, which leads me to thinking we need to keep working on the secondary. I'm all for CB in the 1st.

drewmar74
03-03-2008, 04:51 PM

I don't think you have to worry about Boulware playing at FS. I'd be willing to bank on them finding additional safety help (either through FA, draft, or existing talent that was injured) prior to the season starting.

Also, everything I read seems to indicate that we should expect additional CB help.

This is still an incomplete work - we've got some time yet before we have to line up against Jughead (thank God!)

hadaad
03-03-2008, 05:00 PM
What about Glenn Earl? What about Brandon Harrison? Could be a FS in the draft. Maybe we resurrect the husks of Jammal Lord and Vontez Duff...

I think if we're going to go with what you have posted, Boulware will be SS and Brown will be FS, though.

Ole Miss Texan
03-03-2008, 05:04 PM
I'm really hoping Brandon Harrison develops into a starting safety for us, I think he's got a lot of potential for us.

ATXtexanfan
03-03-2008, 05:48 PM
I'm really hoping Brandon Harrison develops into a starting safety for us, I think he's got a lot of potential for us.

it would be a step in the right direction

J-Russ
03-03-2008, 07:48 PM
What the heck?

Boulware is barely a SS, what makes you think he'd be put at FS? :elle:

Since we didn't make any move towards FS this off-season(as if there was a strong class this year), I totally expect us to draft a FS. Or the very least have Harrison take over, but Boulware would be the last person playing FS.