PDA

View Full Version : I want marion Barber!!!

WesmanTexanfan
03-02-2008, 01:24 PM
I want him, I would freaking love this kid, I dont know how i missed that he was an FA but I did. Damn i would take him over anyone else out there in a heartbeat, the cowboys lost to the Giants because they stoped giving him the ball(IMO of course). Im all gitty just thinking about it.....:whip:

Ryan
03-02-2008, 01:35 PM
It won't happen, although i would love to see it.

Errant Hothy
03-02-2008, 02:00 PM
Barber is an RFA, and I'm alnost positive that the Cowboys gave him the highest tender. SO if you want to sign him, a) the Cowboys get the chance to mach any offer, and b) it might cost you a 1st and a 3rd to get him.

You like him that much?

WesmanTexanfan
03-02-2008, 02:34 PM
Barber is an RFA, and I'm alnost positive that the Cowboys gave him the highest tender. SO if you want to sign him, a) the Cowboys get the chance to mach any offer, and b) it might cost you a 1st and a 3rd to get him.

You like him that much?

I was unaware of all this....

No

bah007
03-02-2008, 02:38 PM

You like him that much?

All of the above is true.

He was given the highest tender.

Bubbajwp
03-02-2008, 06:27 PM
He is the meanist hardist running RB in the NFL.

kiwitexansfan
03-02-2008, 07:37 PM

He is a great RB to watch, I totally understand why the gave him the big tender.

SA Texan
03-02-2008, 07:40 PM
There was no way he was going anywhere.

aj.
03-02-2008, 07:44 PM
A 4th round pick.

b0ng
03-02-2008, 08:21 PM

He's good, and he runs angrily and with authority, but I like Marshawn Lynch way better as a runner than Marion the Barbarian. Mostly because Lynch can do it by himself really.

HJam72
03-02-2008, 08:23 PM
You should stick with women anyway. :mail:

thunderkyss
03-02-2008, 09:30 PM
Marion Barber isn't going anywhere. But I'd take JJ. He'd be a stud in our ZBS.

Dayne on short yardage, and either Darius or Taylor in the wings.

Oh yeah, if Ahman Green is healthy, we can play him too.

bah007
03-02-2008, 09:35 PM
A 4th round pick.

For what? His autograph?

It would take at least a 1st & 3rd cuz he is a RFA with the max tender.

infantrycak
03-02-2008, 09:43 PM
For what? His autograph?

That was the round he was originally drafted in. I'm guessing aj meant draft someone like him rather than throw the Brinks truck plus draft picks at him.

No, that would be the most.

mexican_texan
03-02-2008, 09:46 PM
For what? His autograph?

He was a 4th round pick. Draft > FA signing.

bah007
03-02-2008, 09:51 PM
No, that would be the most.

Unless someone offered and then Dallas matched it.

Then he could only be had in a trade, and I expect it would take at least a 1st & a 3rd for Dallas to give him up.

scourge
03-02-2008, 09:53 PM
I'd settle for Julius Jones, right now

mexican_texan
03-02-2008, 09:58 PM
I haven't heard a single thing about Jones.

Ryan
03-02-2008, 10:01 PM
I say no to Julius Jones

infantrycak
03-02-2008, 10:26 PM
Unless someone offered and then Dallas matched it.

Then he could only be had in a trade, and I expect it would take at least a 1st & a 3rd for Dallas to give him up.

Find an example of that happening and we can talk. 1st and 3rd is the most compensation possible in an RFA transaction. What you are theorizing wouldn't even involve free agency at all--it would be a straight up player trade (and unlikely as hell since the signing bonus would immediately accelerate to the trading team's cap)--and to repeat, the most the Texans would have to pay in an RFA transaction is a 1st and 3rd.

J-Russ
03-02-2008, 10:27 PM
You need to chill!!!!! Becuz we dont need a RB. We have Chris Taylor and Darius Walker!!!!!! Why we need Barber when WE have TWO stars RB?? And they cheaps. They be awesomez next year, we need O-Line tho, so spend money on them, not Barber!! plus look at what darius does, he hits whole, hes short and quick which means hes hard to tackle, he doenst go backwards and hes 1 cut and gone, thats a proto type NFL rb, and chris will add to the pounding..... so please shill out with Barber, because we alredy have 2s studs.........

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

plus, the running back position in the NFL is waaaay overrated, it really comes down to who is blocking!!! No to Barber, Yes To Hadnot!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

bah007
03-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Find an example of that happening and we can talk. 1st and 3rd is the most compensation possible in an RFA transaction. What you are theorizing wouldn't even involve free agency at all--it would be a straight up player trade (and unlikely as hell since the signing bonus would immediately accelerate to the trading team's cap)--and to repeat, the most the Texans would have to pay in an RFA transaction is a 1st and 3rd.

You're making my point for me.

Just trying to prove how hard it is going to be to pry Barber away from Dallas. That's all.

WesmanTexanfan
03-02-2008, 11:01 PM
You need to chill!!!!! Becuz we dont need a RB. We have Chris Taylor and Darius Walker!!!!!! Why we need Barber when WE have TWO stars RB?? And they cheaps. They be awesomez next year, we need O-Line tho, so spend money on them, not Barber!! plus look at what darius does, he hits whole, hes short and quick which means hes hard to tackle, he doenst go backwards and hes 1 cut and gone, thats a proto type NFL rb, and chris will add to the pounding..... so please shill out with Barber, because we alredy have 2s studs.........

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

plus, the running back position in the NFL is waaaay overrated, it really comes down to who is blocking!!! No to Barber, Yes To Hadnot!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

this looks familiar.....
:cool: