PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun - who you got in round 7.

Specnatz
03-02-2008, 12:30 PM
Everyone likes to talk about the first round guy, but this could be for laughs or someone you think is a super sleeper or someone from the school you like. Anyway I thought it would be fun to see who folks like in the 7th round.

hot pickle
03-02-2008, 01:19 PM
billy pittman-wr-texas

lol i have no idea were he is projected.. but i always liked him.

ok i changed my mind i want

Mike Dragosavich-P-nort dakota state

im just pulling shit out of my ass now..

awtysst
03-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Dennis Dixon-QB Oregon. With his injury last year I could see him falling like a rock.

YoungTexanFan
03-02-2008, 01:41 PM
Dennis Dixon-QB Oregon. With his injury last year I could see him falling like a rock.

WR project? Certainly not as a QB to develop?

YoungTexanFan
03-02-2008, 01:42 PM
billy pittman-wr-texas

Dragosavich is an instant starter on the majority of teams in the league. He isn't in the same class as Sepuvalda (sp) from last year, but he is the only punter who is likely to get drafted. I'm projecting more towards the 5th round.

awtysst
03-02-2008, 01:43 PM
WR project? Certainly not as a QB to develop?

I think he could be an interesting QB to develop. If he can return to form, he has good speed, so if we can teach him to be a be a better passer, then we have a legit backup on our hands.

YoungTexanFan
03-02-2008, 01:48 PM
I think he could be an interesting QB to develop. If he can return to form, he has good speed, so if we can teach him to be a be a better passer, then we have a legit backup on our hands.

His is too small, and his frame limits him a lot. By frame, I mean potential frame, as in projected when he fills out. He is also older after having done a stint with professional baseball. He was never a very good actual QB. His arm leaves a lot to be desired. Essentially, he would have been lucky to get drafted prior to his injury. He is fast yeah, but that doesn't make a QB; that makes an athlete.

Specnatz
03-02-2008, 01:59 PM
billy pittman-wr-texas

That was sorta the point of doing this, it is the 7th round and you can have fun with your pick.

Because I like Notre Dame I was thinking of Travis thomas a goal line situational runner last year for the Irish, used a lot in goal line situations. In 2006 he played LB and in 2005 he was Captain of special teams. A very versatile player that if nothing else would contribute on special teams.

Lucky
03-02-2008, 02:07 PM
I'm thinking of either a CB for Ray Rhodes to work with, or a lineman for Gibbs to mold. Scorpio Babers, CB Sam Houston State, or Andrew Crummey, OG Maryland.

Wait, I also like Thomas Williams, LB USC. Played behind 3 1st round picks at USC. Can play every LB position, as well as short yardage FB, and special teams. Just the kind of player you need at the back end of the roster.

We need more 7th round picks. :(

rmartin65
03-02-2008, 02:16 PM
Andy Studebaker, DE/OLB form Wheaton. I dont know if he will be there, but he got injured this past season and missed some time. He will be a great pass rusher on our Dline.

beerlover
03-02-2008, 02:22 PM
the Texans drafted Zach Diles in the 7th rd. & now he is projected to compete for a starting job in year 2 so even late picks are important.

so much depends on needs as oppossed to bpa later in the draft, it will depend upon how they meet those needs the risk reward ratio of a late round pick. for instance if the OL is addressed early like the 4th & take Rutgers LT/OG Jeremy Zuttah or Heath Benedict, Newberry the need to develop another tackle prospect drops, not knowing that I'll go with another LT prospect Geoff Schwartz, Oregon almost 6070 335 plays with a mean streak but lacks speed/great footwork, maybe as someone Gibbs could mold.

TexansSeminole
03-02-2008, 04:27 PM
FS Roger Williams, Florida State.

He bites alot, but he makes plays. He will pretty much go for the pick everytime.

Bubbajwp
03-02-2008, 07:30 PM
Best athlete left. Maybe Dixon.

steelbtexan
03-02-2008, 09:34 PM
Louis Holmes DE Arizona

Jake I DB Wisconsin

Can't spell his last name & to lazy to look it up.

b0ng
03-02-2008, 09:56 PM
Jake I DB Wisconsin

He injured his knee badly training for the combine. Worth a look though.

bah007
03-02-2008, 10:30 PM
He injured his knee badly training for the combine. Worth a look though.

Has some character issues too.

Got caught trying to steal an XBox, not even a 360, just a regular one.

Guess he couldnt wait til he signed his contract, then he could have just bought one.

b0ng
03-02-2008, 10:47 PM
Has some character issues too.

Got caught trying to steal an XBox, not even a 360, just a regular one.

Guess he couldnt wait til he signed his contract, then he could have just bought one.

Is Charles Godfrey considered somebody we could pick up in the 7th? UDFA?

EDIT: Nope, not even close.

bah007
03-02-2008, 10:49 PM
Is Charles Godfrey considered somebody we could pick up in the 7th? UDFA?

EDIT: Nope, not even close.

Good save.

I expect him to go late 2nd/early 3rd.

beerlover
03-02-2008, 11:25 PM
Geoff Schwartz, another former Duck, also was under scrutiny at the combine as he tried to show the estimated 1,900 NFL personnel on hand that he could be an effective NFL offensive lineman. “You can’t really tell what they’re going to do,” Schwartz’s agent, Deryk Gilmore, said. “You have to project.” Schwartz finished his rotation through the combine Saturday, and Gilmore said scouts have told him they believe the 6-6, 332-pound lineman displayed enough mobility to lock up a spot in the draft. “He did pretty well,” said Gilmore, the UO director of football operations from 2001-04. “He showed that he was a lot more athletic than teams had envisioned him. And they really loved him in the interviews.” - Michael Hines, The Register-Guard

tell me that doesn't have 7th rounder written all over it :thisbig:

threetoedpete
03-03-2008, 08:59 AM
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=11052

CB Glenn Shorp. Coming off of 2005 Surgery.

Like WR Smith of New Mexico too. 215 6-2...good forty.
http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/nflcombineprofile.php?pyid=14549

My "hey" key is d.o.hey.

Blake
03-03-2008, 10:04 PM
Mike Dragosavich (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/p/mikedragosavich.html)
Sam Keller (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/samkeller.html)
Robert Killebrew (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/robertkillebrew.html)

I would like to see us pick up a young punter, a QB with potential or a linebacker from a bigtime football school.

bah007
03-03-2008, 10:07 PM
Mike Dragosavich (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/p/mikedragosavich.html)
Sam Keller (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/qb/samkeller.html)
Robert Killebrew (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/olb/robertkillebrew.html)

I would like to see us pick up a young punter, a QB with potential or a linebacker from a bigtime football school.

As a diehard UT fan, I can tell you that Killebrew would be a wasted pick, unless we were looking for a guy to come in the game & do nothing but miss assignments & commit personal fouls.

Every college team has "that guy" & Killebrew was it for UT.

Blake
03-03-2008, 10:15 PM
As a diehard UT fan, I can tell you that Killebrew would be a wasted pick, unless we were looking for a guy to come in the game & do nothing but miss assignments & commit personal fouls.

Every college team has "that guy" & Killebrew was it for UT.

Thats exactly what I was looking for!! j/k

Well maybe a punter is the best idea then.

jmont93
03-04-2008, 11:30 AM
He probably won't fall all the way to the seventh round, but if we haven't addressed the running back issue in the first four rounds, wouldn't Yvenson Bernard be a nice pickup on late day two of the draft?

BigBull17
03-04-2008, 12:42 PM
I don't know if he would fall, but a guy like Jacob Hester, LSU intrigues(sp) me. Outside of that, some really fast CB or RB who can return kicks and maybe get lucky and be good.

jmont93
03-04-2008, 03:24 PM
I don't know if he would fall, but a guy like Jacob Hester, LSU intrigues(sp) me. Outside of that, some really fast CB or RB who can return kicks and maybe get lucky and be good.

Hester is a early 2nd day draft pick, and I don't see the Texans getting Hester when they can have a more complete back like a Ray Rice or an Allen Patrick with a 3rd round or 4th round pick.

YoungTexanFan
03-04-2008, 04:04 PM
Hester is a early 2nd day draft pick, and I don't see the Texans getting Hester when they can have a more complete back like a Ray Rice or an Allen Patrick with a 3rd round or 4th round pick.

I see Hester as an undersized fullback, more of an H-back type player. I don't think he will ever be a Neal type FB or a NFL RB. He isn't the same type of player that the Lenard from Rutgers was last year.

bah007
03-04-2008, 04:31 PM
I see Hester as an undersized fullback, more of an H-back type player. I don't think he will ever be a Neal type FB or a NFL RB. He isn't the same type of player that the Leonard from Rutgers was last year.

Not even close, IMO.