PDA

View Full Version : Texans talking to Michael Turner

GuerillaBlack
02-29-2008, 03:35 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/2008/02/2008_free_agent_tracking_chart_1.html

According to the FanBlogger, the Texans are hot on the tail of Michael Turner and Green Bay RB Ryan Grant (trade) as well as Tatum Bell, Lamont Jordan.

El Tejano
02-29-2008, 03:36 PM
This is purely a fan blog and is also the reason that most fans get mad when we don't sign them.

TexanSam
02-29-2008, 03:41 PM
Why in the world would the Packers trade Ryan Grant?

Texan_Bill
02-29-2008, 03:42 PM

Kinda thinking the same thing. Their run offense was struggling until his emergence and then they finally had their running game...

chicagotexan2
02-29-2008, 03:48 PM
This is purely a fan blog and is also the reason that most fans get mad when we don't sign them.

Man, why do you gotta bring me down? Not cool, not cool at all.

hadaad
02-29-2008, 03:52 PM
This would be an interesting (if expensive) option. It would definitely change the way I looked at the draft.

AnthonyE
02-29-2008, 03:57 PM

They wouldn't. He's a free agent.

Specnatz
02-29-2008, 04:04 PM

He is, since when? I have not seen him on any FA list.

AnthonyE
02-29-2008, 04:16 PM

Check TH's free agent list in the link.

Silver Oak
02-29-2008, 04:21 PM
Turner is also being rumored to be talking with ATL, so he and his agent are going to get top $$$ wherever he lands.

The Lamont Jordan rumor intrigues me alot!

infantrycak
02-29-2008, 05:04 PM

He is a free agent, but not of a kind of any use to the Texans. He is an exclusive rights free agent and they are commonly not listed.

Link (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=nfl&id=3252)

steelbtexan
02-29-2008, 05:21 PM
I think Jordan, Green & Taylor is what we're looking @ next year.

I could live with it.

hadaad
02-29-2008, 05:25 PM
LaMont Jordan? Yeah, I suppose that would be all right.
Though I would be interested to see what Mewelde Moore could do for us.

ATXtexanfan
02-29-2008, 05:27 PM
i believe we have more pressing needs than rb, what good is a rb when we're playing catch up because we cant stop anybody?

hadaad
02-29-2008, 05:29 PM
I agree that we have needs that are more pressing but I think that with the sheer amount of Free Agent running backs, not to mention the depth at the position in the draft, we would be irresponsible not to kick the tires of some of these guys, at least. Not like running back has been an area of strength, even with Kubiak's ZBS.

GuerillaBlack
02-29-2008, 05:43 PM
I think Jordan, Green & Taylor is what we're looking @ next year.

I could live with it.

Turner/Jordan, Green, and Taylor don't seem like a bad combo. Honestly, I would keep Ron Dayne and dump Ahman Green.

Maddict5
02-29-2008, 06:10 PM
you can even tell the way he said it that its not going to happen ('dont quote me, ivy league friends' wtf?)

just BS trying to get fans excited

Lucky
02-29-2008, 07:17 PM
...sources within the NFL who i went graduate school with tell me the Texans have aggressively pursued Green Bay RB Ryan Grant and San Diego RB Micheal Turner. Now, weather they end up with us or not, don't quote me on that...
I don't no weather to believe this guy or knot. But I do believe the Ivy League ain't what it used to be.

thunderkyss
02-29-2008, 07:21 PM
Tatum Bell carrying the load until November, Ron Dayne Taking over through the rest of the season, Darius Walker/Chris Taylor playing relief...... I can live with that.

Mainly because Tatum Bell should be cheap, since he can't make it past November. Dayne, doesn't show up till November.. Darius Walker/Chris Taylor, lots of promise & upside.....

aj.
02-29-2008, 07:23 PM
What a maroon.

Maddict5
02-29-2008, 07:25 PM
What a maroon.

thats not noise

b0ng
02-29-2008, 07:30 PM
The way I understand it Michael Turner is talking with Miami and Atlanta and that means that one of those two clubs are probably going to throw a bazillion dollars at him.

Personally, if we happened to not pickup Mewelde Moore and Lamont Jordan I'd be perfectly allright with that. I think we as fans are going to just have to relegate ourselves to having to watch Ahman Green go through OTA's, TC, and the season on the roster, and he might actually be healed this time.

I'm not a big fan of picking guys up just to pick them up, but I will trust that Smithiak knows what's up and won't get us in trouble like the previous regime.

TheRealJoker
02-29-2008, 07:36 PM
The way I understand it Michael Turner is talking with Miami and Atlanta and that means that one of those two clubs are probably going to throw a bazillion dollars at him.

Personally, if we happened to not pickup Mewelde Moore and Lamont Jordan I'd be perfectly allright with that. I think we as fans are going to just have to relegate ourselves to having to watch Ahman Green go through OTA's, TC, and the season on the roster, and he might actually be healed this time.

I'm not a big fan of picking guys up just to pick them up, but I will trust that Smithiak knows what's up and won't get us in trouble like the previous regime.

If we get a 2nd for Sage i'd like to see us use one of our top 3 picks on a RB. The draft is frighteningly deep this year, might as well tap into that resource.

b0ng
02-29-2008, 07:50 PM
If we get a 2nd for Sage i'd like to see us use one of our top 3 picks on a RB. The draft is frighteningly deep this year, might as well tap into that resource.

I would too, but I wouldn't want a reach. We could easily get an rb in any round 1 - 4 and they would be decent with this draft.

GuerillaBlack
02-29-2008, 08:09 PM
Felix Jones for our first pick.

Ole Miss Texan
02-29-2008, 08:11 PM
Felix Jones for our first pick.

I could go for that if Mendenhall, Stewart, Rice, Charles, Williams, Albert, Clady, and all the top CB's are all off the board and nobody will trade with us.

ATXtexanfan
02-29-2008, 08:13 PM
why felix jones?

andre'
02-29-2008, 08:31 PM
really hope you guys get him. Schaub, him and andre will really make D's worry

TEXANRED
02-29-2008, 08:34 PM
I would love to have Turner here. Not only does it fill a need but frees up a decision that needs to be made with our number 18 pick. Our top two needs now are CB and RB, not in that order. So then what happens if Kenny Phillips falls to 18? Filling that RB spot early could mean we take KP and still get a CB in the third.

DiehardChris
02-29-2008, 09:04 PM
I'd love for us to swindle someone out of a 2nd-rounder for Sage so we could get a stud DB with the first pick and Jamal Charles with our 2nd.

Texans Pride
02-29-2008, 09:15 PM
I'd love for us to rape someone of a 2nd-rounder for Sage so we could get a stud DB with the first pick and Jamal Charles with our 2nd.

Rape....wow...couldn't come up with a different word?

LonerATO
02-29-2008, 09:25 PM
Jamal Charles couldnt come up with a better back?

b0ng
02-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Rape....wow...couldn't come up with a different word?

Would "assmastered" be a better verb?

drewmar74
02-29-2008, 09:33 PM
Would "assmastered" be a better verb?

Or maybe "cornholed"

"I don't want to go to federal-pound-me-in-the-ass prison."

swtbound07
02-29-2008, 09:39 PM
said it before, and i'll say it again...rape is a violent, ugly word and has no place in the common vernacular. You can always say a different word, and you never know who has been traumatized.

drewmar74
02-29-2008, 09:45 PM
said it before, and i'll say it again...rape is a violent, ugly word and has no place in the common vernacular. You can always say a different word, and you never know who has been traumatized.

Valid point duly noted.

Sooooooo, have we signed anyone yet? No, I mean other than Andre'....

DiehardChris
02-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Okay, if everyone's done crying I changed it. Jesus.

Oh, wait - I bet that's offensive too.

TEXANRED
02-29-2008, 10:12 PM

Look at your avatar and read this statement and then understand my confusion.

b0ng
02-29-2008, 10:18 PM

"You must spread reputation around before congratulating TEXANRED on finding hypocrisy"

ledzeppelin229
02-29-2008, 10:21 PM

How do you know it wasn't consensual?

I wanted to post something similar but you beat me to it...

TEXANRED
02-29-2008, 10:25 PM
How do you know it wasn't consensual?

I wanted to post something similar but you beat me to it...

It sure doesn't look consensual. Looks like it may even have a frowny face.

TexanSam
02-29-2008, 10:35 PM
So Michael Turner sure would look nice in a Texans uni at a reasonable price.

Trying to get this thread back on track.

b0ng
02-29-2008, 10:40 PM

Maybe he and Ahman Green could have an arm wrestling contest to see who gets to carry the load?

WesmanTexanfan
02-29-2008, 10:42 PM

keywords right there

DiehardChris
02-29-2008, 10:44 PM

But what would make anyone think it would be a reasonable price? He's the HOTTEST RB in the free agent market. A crappy team is going to throw a boatload of cash at him. Adrian Peterson would look good in a Texans uni at a reasonable price. A lot of guys would.

Blazing Arrow
02-29-2008, 10:46 PM
No offense but if a team gives you a 2nd for Ross .. you guys should take it and run ... A high 4th sure but a second? That would be amazing.

b0ng
02-29-2008, 10:52 PM
No offense but if a team gives you a 2nd for Ross .. you guys should take it and run ... A high 4th sure but a second? That would be amazing.

Ross. . . who?

DiehardChris
02-29-2008, 10:54 PM
What the what?

PapaL
02-29-2008, 10:57 PM
Ross. . . who?

From Friends? He plays football? Always thought he was slightly fairy.

b0ng
02-29-2008, 11:01 PM
From Friends? He plays football? Always thought he was slightly fairy.

I guess Mr. Arrow will just have to come and clear this up. :banme:

hadaad
02-29-2008, 11:48 PM
I'm guessing (and I'm fairly sure) that he's talking about Rosenfels.

TexanSam
02-29-2008, 11:49 PM
Take this for what you will, but either Thomas Hilton (author of the Texans fan blog) has some damn good inside sources or he is great at spreading rumors around.

I was just told that Micheal Turner's agent, Bus Cook, stated that Turner just had rotator cuff surgery last week and will need 6 weeks of rehab. However, Houston, Chicago, and Tampa Bay are the three front runners for Turner's services (with the Texans in the lead). I just got off the phone with a colleague in the NFL. However, that doesn't mean Houston is going to land him. Please keep in mind if he doesn't come here to say that I said he was. I am just giving the readers the latest scoop from NFL sources and ex-classmates of mine who wouldn't make things up to me. -TH

http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/2008/02/2008_free_agent_tracking_chart_1.html

Specnatz
03-01-2008, 12:34 AM
Ross. . . who?

I'm guessing (and I'm fairly sure) that he's talking about Rosenfels.

Ba thinks it is funny to keep misspelling our QBs names. It is complete and utter suckage at making jokes that actually work and not to mention he does not know how to keep that crap to the rivals area or to Carr threads but oh well every board has to have a troll that is lame at their job and he is ours.

Ole Miss Texan
03-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Ba thinks it is funny to keep misspelling our QBs names. It is complete and utter suckage at making jokes that actually work and not to mention he does not know how to keep that crap to the rivals area or to Carr threads but oh well every board has to have a troll that is lame at their job and he is ours.

Yea, I'm glad our QB's are Schwab and Rosenfeld.

PHAROAH
03-01-2008, 01:39 AM
Turner is also being rumored to be talking with ATL, so he and his agent are going to get top $$$ wherever he lands.

The Lamont Jordan rumor intrigues me alot!Not me Lamont Jordan isn't a good option he is injury prone like ahman green.

The Pencil Neck
03-01-2008, 01:54 AM
Not me Lamont Jordan isn't a good option he is injury prone like ahman green.

It doesn't matter who we sign, someone's not going to like it and they're going to have good reasons.

ObsiWan
03-01-2008, 02:41 AM
I'm a bit leary of Michael Turner. He has yet to actually "be the man" for any extended period of time. When L.T. went down in the playoffs, he had his chance to shine and didn't really impress.

I'm just feel that if he goes from 8-12 touches/game to 25-30 touches/game, for 16 games, that gaudy yd/carry number he's sporting will drop like a rock. And we'll have overpaid for yet another RB.

With the draft looking like it does, RB-wise, I'd feel better if we drafted someone in the 3rd round. ....Unless, of course, Steward or Mendenhall drops in our laps.

Malloy
03-01-2008, 03:28 AM
I don't no weather to believe this guy or knot. But I do believe the Ivy League ain't what it used to be.

LOL, I was thinking 'wth, Lucky is dumber than I thought'.

Then I saw the quote :=)

Silver Oak
03-01-2008, 07:31 AM
Not me Lamont Jordan isn't a good option he is injury prone like ahman green.

Do you really think so?

He's had a torn MCL (fairly common in the NFL) and some kind of back injury last season which gave Fargas the opening to show what he can do.

otisbean
03-01-2008, 08:02 AM
I'm a bit leary of Michael Turner. He has yet to actually "be the man" for any extended period of time. When L.T. went down in the playoffs, he had his chance to shine and didn't really impress.

I'm just feel that if he goes from 8-12 touches/game to 25-30 touches/game, for 16 games, that gaudy yd/carry number he's sporting will drop like a rock. And we'll have overpaid for yet another RB.

With the draft looking like it does, RB-wise, I'd feel better if we drafted someone in the 3rd round. ....Unless, of course, Steward or Mendenhall drops in our laps.

Turner is a very good back. His chance in the playoffs was against a very good defense that was over playing the run because his QB was playing with two knee injuries. I would love to see Turner here provided his contract isn't stupid. I think because the draft is full of good backs MT might not get the contract everyone thinks he will. If we could sign a CB in FA that could undoubtedly come in and start then I would be happy staying at 18 and taking which ever RB fell to us. However, there really isn't a starting CB available so signing MT could allow to trade down and still get a good CB while adding picks. RB and LT will require us to stay put - if they want a first round guy at those positions.

ObsiWan
03-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Turner is a very good back. His chance in the playoffs was against a very good defense that was over playing the run because his QB was playing with two knee injuries. I would love to see Turner here provided his contract isn't stupid. I think because the draft is full of good backs MT might not get the contract everyone thinks he will. If we could sign a CB in FA that could undoubtedly come in and start then I would be happy staying at 18 and taking which ever RB fell to us. However, there really isn't a starting CB available so signing MT could allow to trade down and still get a good CB while adding picks. RB and LT will require us to stay put - if they want a first round guy at those positions.

That's the key point. I'm guessing, and its only guessing, that Turner wants big money. I'd rather see us spend that money on someone who's going to step in and start at CB, then, like you said, draft a RB.

Speaking of DBs, if we could get Ty Law for a reasonable 1-2 year contract, I'd bring him in to further school Fred Bennett and Brandon Harrison and whoever we pick up in the draft.
For the record, I like the kid from Tennessee State - ain't nuttin' like speed, baby. But he's one of a handful of good DBs we could draft and develop with the help of a Ty Law and new coach Ray Rhodes.

GP
03-01-2008, 09:54 AM
But what would make anyone think it would be a reasonable price? He's the HOTTEST RB in the free agent market. A crappy team is going to throw a boatload of cash at him. Adrian Peterson would look good in a Texans uni at a reasonable price. A lot of guys would.

LOL. So true.

Count me "out" on the Turner sweepstakes, by the way.

I'd rather have Chris Johnson out of ECU than Turner. I'd love to have Mendenhall...but I really think he goes Top 10, maybe even Top 5. Running backs are becoming THE commodity in the NFL right now.

And we don't have a coach who supports picking one up early in the draft. Darius Walker, for whatever reason, looked pretty darn OK in the limited action he saw. I'm afraid it might be the best we will get. I don't see us paying Turner mad money to come here. It'd cost us a pretty penny.

Jst say "No" to Turner.

Lucky
03-01-2008, 11:03 AM
From the Chronic fan blog: (http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/2008/02/2008_free_agent_tracking_chart_1.html)

I was just told that Micheal Turner's agent, Bus Cook, stated that Turner just had rotator cuff surgery last week and will need 6 weeks of rehab. However, Houston, Chicago, and Tampa Bay are the three front runners for Turner's services (with the Texans in the lead). I just got off the phone with a colleague in the NFL.Funny, because I was told by a "source" the exact same thing 2 days earlier. My source? Phil Bradley of the Sporting News (http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=362835).

Turner's agent, Bus Cook, acknowledges his client had rotator cuff surgery recently and will go through six weeks of rehab. Generally, though, Turner has avoided the punishment he would have absorbed as a starter.

Nevertheless, teams are about to line up to meet him. The most obvious shoppers:

•Houston. With one of the NFL's best young defenses, the Texans could use a power runner to milk the clock.

•Chicago. If the Bears aren't confident in Cedric Benson, they could lure Turner back to his hometown.

•Tampa Bay. Many wonder whether Cadillac Williams will ever be the same again after tearing his patellar tendon.

Dallas, Arizona, Seattle and Tennessee also could be in the hunt. In all likelihood, Turner will be paid starter's money and get starter's carries. For better or worse.

Texans Pride
03-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Has there been any mention of a visit here with Turner?

To me, this sounds like NOTHING but speculation. I've heard no mention of the Texans and Turner on ESPN or NFL Total Access.

Anyone else hear anything?

Lucky
03-01-2008, 11:41 AM
Anyone else hear anything?
The only thing I've heard from a legitimate source, is that Turner is visiting Atlanta. (http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/falcons/stories/2008/02/29/newfalconsburst_0301.html)

Must be about the $$$. Why he would go to a team without a QB is puzzling.

TexansFanatic
03-01-2008, 01:26 PM

Holy cow! Man that is one seriously offensive avatar. I wonder if he even fully understands the meaning of it, and if he does then.....well, wow, just wow....

DiehardChris
03-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Why did Atlanta even draft Jerious Norwood? They've been linked to Turner, and earlier in Mock Draft Season, they had been projected to take McFadden. Jerious Norwood is a seriously skilled back, and his YPC was very high last year, especially compared to Warrick Dunn if I remember correctly. They need to forget all this Turner/McFadden nonsense an make Norwood their horse. I think that guy is a stud.

EDIT: Okay, I just found his stats. In 2007, Jerious Norwood ran 102 times for 615 yards. That's SIX YARDS per carry. Dunn ran for just over 3 yards a carry. What the hell is wrong with the Falcons offensive coaches??

bah007
03-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Why did Atlanta even draft Jerious Norwood? They've been linked to Turner, and earlier in Mock Draft Season, they had been projected to take McFadden. Jerious Norwood is a seriously skilled back, and his YPC was very high last year, especially compared to Warrick Dunn if I remember correctly. They need to forget all this Turner/McFadden nonsense an make Norwood their horse. I think that guy is a stud.

EDIT: Okay, I just found his stats. In 2007, Jerious Norwood ran 102 times for 615 yards. That's SIX YARDS per carry. Dunn ran for just over 3 yards a carry. What the hell is wrong with the Falcons offensive coaches??

Norwood IS a beast.

Mock drafters are just putting McFadden there so he doesn't fall down the board.

Specnatz
03-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Norwood IS a beast.

Mock drafters are just putting McFadden there so he doesn't fall down the board.

A lot of people are putting him there because of the whole he is a superstar in the waiting and that he star status would help lagging ticket sales in Atl.

Hardcore Texan
03-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Holy cow! Man that is one seriously offensive avatar. I wonder if he even fully understands the meaning of it, and if he does then.....well, wow, just wow....

On top of the very offensive avatar he calls other posters a jackass (http://texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=851055&postcount=22), going out of his way to offend others, and then gets offended by a poor choice of words that wasn't intended to offend anyone. Whatever, makes no sense to me.

nunusguy
03-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Mark Schlereth on ESPN this week raved about Turner and said he was a Pro Bowl caliber back because of his burst & quickness yet also having the size to run the ball inside. Whatever opinion I may have had of Turner jumped with the former Broncos take on him.

ChampionTexan
03-01-2008, 02:37 PM

Norwood could be a beast, but between Vick in his rookie year, and the unexplainable love for Dunn that the coaching staff showed last year, it's a little difficult to know for sure what he is. The 102 carries he had in '07 was the most he's had in his 2 year NFL career.

I don't think that Atlanta's going to take McFadden at #3. The last thing that the ATL needs is more potential character issues, but even if McFadden had Pacman's talent (actually, he could well have more) combined with Carr's goody-two-shoedness, I don't think they're going to go RB where they are. My bet is they will go with Ryan, and my thought is that they should with Chris Long, Jake Long, or Sedrick Ellis - at least one of those guys will be left.

Keep in mind that Norwood's actually a little bit smaller than Reggie Bush, so I don't think it's in the Falcons best interest to run him 20+ times a game, and he is clearly the Lightning component of a Thunder and Lightning RB Tandem. Turner might be that guy, but my guess is they end up with another back via either FA or the draft to keep Norwood healthy and rested.

Ole Miss Texan
03-01-2008, 02:49 PM
I could see the Falcons signing Turner and having a Turner/Norwood combo.

I see ATL taking whoever they have rated the highest at who's available: Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis, Jake Long, Matt Ryan

And in my mind they should have some talented OL and QB available at their two 2nd rd picks. They need a franchise QB but I think they also would like to rebuild through the trenches- from the inside out. DL, OL, and QB w/ their 1st 3 picks is my guess.

bah007
03-01-2008, 02:56 PM
McFadden & Norwood have the same strengths, then run the same way.

It would be pointless for them to draft McFadden unless they were looking to trade Norwood.

They could look at a bigger back later in the draft though to compliment Norwood.

Texan in Japan
03-01-2008, 03:00 PM

I see ATL taking whoever they have rated the highest at who's available: Glenn Dorsey, Sedrick Ellis, Jake Long, Matt Ryan

And in my mind they should have some talented OL and QB available at their two 2nd rd picks. They need a franchise QB but I think they also would like to rebuild through the trenches- from the inside out. DL, OL, and QB w/ their 1st 3 picks is my guess.

Agree, with Smith as HC they'll build their O/DL. I'm not that enamored w/ Turner, but I've only seen him in a few games. However, the more holes we can fill w/ FAs the easier it is to go BPA in the draft. Turner may be the one guy we sink a little extra cash in this off-season. I'm a little concerned he's have surgery though.

Texan in Japan
03-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Turner makes more sense for ATL then call me "Daddy" McFadden. I don't think they want anymore negative publicity. They'll take a solid citizen D/OL.

bah007
03-01-2008, 03:03 PM

I could see them going Ellis/Dorsey, then Henne, then best OT available.

Maybe throw in a bigger RB after that if they dont land Turner.

Thorn
03-01-2008, 04:50 PM
I going to side with the "Turner is going to be to expensive" crowd on this one.

There are tons of RBs in this years draft, we can get a fairly decent one in the 3rd round to compliment the backs we already have.

ATXtexanfan
03-01-2008, 11:10 PM
i dont think we ever really had a chance at turner

Honoring Earl 34
03-01-2008, 11:13 PM
2004 - San Diego Chargers
Rd Sel # Player Position School
1 1 Eli Manning QB Mississippi
2 35 Igor Olshansky DE Oregon
3 65 Nate Kaeding K Iowa
3 66 Nick Hardwick C Purdue
4 98 Shaun Phillips LB Purdue
5 133 Dave Ball DE UCLA
5 154 Michael Turner RB Northern Illinois
6 169 Ryan Krause TE Nebraska-Omaha
7 204 Ryon Bingham DT Nebraska
7 209 Shane Olivea T Ohio State
7 254 Carlos Joseph -- Miami (Fla.)

Who would have thought a little 5th round pick would be so valuable .

RipTraxx
03-01-2008, 11:19 PM
2004 - San Diego Chargers
Rd Sel # Player Position School
1 1 Eli Manning QB Mississippi
2 35 Igor Olshansky DE Oregon
3 65 Nate Kaeding K Iowa
3 66 Nick Hardwick C Purdue
4 98 Shaun Phillips LB Purdue
5 133 Dave Ball DE UCLA
5 154 Michael Turner RB Northern Illinois
6 169 Ryan Krause TE Nebraska-Omaha
7 204 Ryon Bingham DT Nebraska
7 209 Shane Olivea T Ohio State
7 254 Carlos Joseph -- Miami (Fla.)

Who would have thought a little 5th round pick would be so valuable .

After so many great players coming from sheer obscurity, what round rarely matters anymore, 1st pick or FA you're still a rookie.

Best example would be brady as a 6th pick. Last time i checked he was pretty good.

Honoring Earl 34
03-01-2008, 11:29 PM
After so many great players coming from sheer obscurity, what round rarely matters anymore, 1st pick or FA you're still a rookie.

Best example would be brady as a 6th pick. Last time i checked he was pretty good.

My point is he's just the flavor of the month . Who knows what's going to happen when he becomes the man .

I would rather build through the draft and get depth through FA . Then when we're one player away we can cherry pick .

RipTraxx
03-01-2008, 11:33 PM
My point is he's just the flavor of the month . Who knows what's going to happen when he becomes the man .

I would rather build through the draft and get depth through FA . Then when we're one player away we can cherry pick .

I gotcha. Smith said that very same thing.

thunderkyss
03-02-2008, 08:10 AM
Mark Schlereth on ESPN this week raved about Turner and said he was a Pro Bowl caliber back because of his burst & quickness yet also having the size to run the ball inside. Whatever opinion I may have had of Turner jumped with the former Broncos take on him.

hmm... Mark had some pretty flattering things to say about a certain "RB" from USC as well, and we've seen what happened when that guy was asked to carry the load.

Don't get me wrong, Michael Turner has a much better resume than Reggie ever had, but I don't see Kubiak being a front runner for the most coveted running back in this years free agency period.

Unless, he thinks that is the one peice we need to get us to the Superbowl, and as optomistic as I am, I'm not seeing that.

We were all thrilled, that we got Ahman Green last year. So we had a little bad luck. We've got a pretty good stable of running backs to get us through next year, with a winning record, maybe a playoff spot.

IMHO, we should stay away from expensive alternatives to deep postions(RB) and get as many CBs, LBs, Centers, and LTs that we can. Heck, if we can get another DE, that would be sweet.

We've seen Green, Dayne, Taylor, & Walker Look pretty good when we block, like we're supposed to block.

swtbound07
03-02-2008, 03:27 PM
he's a falcon now.

ObsiWan
03-02-2008, 03:31 PM
he's a falcon now.

Hmmmm.... The Falcons are spending like mad to erase the nightmare that was 2007.
So now I'm wondering, who becomes expendable, J. Norwood or W. Dunn?

TexansSeminole
03-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Hmmmm.... The Falcons are spending like mad to erase the nightmare that was 2007.
So now I'm wondering, who becomes expendable, J. Norwood or W. Dunn?

Warrick Dunn.

Polo
03-02-2008, 03:40 PM
We've seen Green, Dayne, Taylor, & Walker Look pretty good when we block, like we're supposed to block.

What about a running back that looks good even if someone misses a block ?

I want one of those...

GuerillaBlack
03-02-2008, 03:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3273710

Turner signs with the Falcons.