PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Jets Have MONSTER Deal Negotiated with Faneca

SF49erFaithful
02-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Here's a rumor I just heard. I thought I'd pass it along just to get it out there. The word around the league is that the Jets have negotiated a monster deal for free-agent guard Alan Faneca (Steelers) that will pay him in the neighborhood of $20 million guaranteed. That said, I'm curious to see what transpires there. I've found a good percentage of pre-free agency rumors never materialize.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=1028972&mode=

Dallas_Texan
02-29-2008, 08:50 AM
http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=1028972&mode=

If they get him, they will instantly become the best O-line in football IMHO. D'Brickashaw, Nick Mangold, Alan Faneca, and Anthony Clement at RG!! Wow. If they draft well that would be one heck of an offense. The Ground game would open up for Thomas Jones, they can have anyone at QB and he would be protected. If they work that deal out with Faneca THEY should offer a 2nd for Sage. Then draft a DE or LB in the first, and they are sitting pretty all of the sudden.

Hervoyel
02-29-2008, 09:08 AM
If they get him, they will instantly become the best O-line in football IMHO. D'Brickashaw, Nick Mangold, Alan Faneca, and Anthony Clement at RG!! Wow. If they draft well that would be one heck of an offense. The Ground game would open up for Thomas Jones, they can have anyone at QB and he would be protected. If they work that deal out with Faneca THEY should offer a 2nd for Sage. Then draft a DE or LB in the first, and they are sitting pretty all of the sudden.

In further news the New York Jets today announced the signing of former Houston Texan QB David Carr to a 1 year deal....

Errant Hothy
02-29-2008, 09:10 AM
In further news the New York Jets today announced the signing of former Houston Texan QB David Carr to a 1 year deal....

He shoots, he scores!

nunusguy
02-29-2008, 09:22 AM
I dunno how interior OLinemen can be worth that kind of money ?

TEXANS84
02-29-2008, 09:24 AM
I can't believe the type of money these players are making.

Absolutely ridiculous.

bah007
02-29-2008, 11:35 AM

I dont know.

Guys like Larry Allen, Faneca, & Steve Hutchinson have a major impact on a team's running game.

Just ask Bettis, Emmit Smith, Sean Alexander, etc...

hadaad
02-29-2008, 12:16 PM

Shaun Alexander, Chester Taylor and the good Adrian Peterson beg to differ.