PDA

View Full Version : SI.COM Mock Draft 3 (Post-Combine)

Second Honeymoon
02-28-2008, 02:24 PM
Here is a link to Banks' SI.com 3rd Mock draft and first since the end of the combine yesterday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/02/28/mock.draft3.part2/index.html

Notables include Rodgers-Cromartie to the Texans at #18 and the Cowboys drafting McFadden #7 overall after a trade with the Pats and Howie Long's son, Chris being taken #1 overall by Parcells and the Dolphins. And my coveted player, Sedrick Ellis DT USC, going to the Raiders at #5.

bah007
02-28-2008, 02:25 PM
lol he cant spell Limas.

Manningham before Hardy?

Flacco at 20?

bigbrewster2000
02-28-2008, 02:30 PM
I am more than a little suprised he has Flacco going in the 1st round. I dont really see that happening. He has some pretty interesting picks for sure. At least he isnt just sticking with the status quo.

b0ng
02-28-2008, 02:39 PM
Notable players off the board by the time the Texans pick:

Jonathan Stewart
Rashard Mendenhall
Chris Williams
Ryan Clady
Leodis McKelvin
Aquib Talib

So yeah, I'm okay with DRC there. Might as well.

Specnatz
02-28-2008, 02:43 PM
After the combines a lot was said about how much Woodson has hurt himself and how much Flaco has helped himself and from I have read that he could be the number 2 QB taken after Ryan. So having him in the first is not that much of a stretch when you consider all the teams who need a QB.

bah007
02-28-2008, 02:47 PM
I expect Henne to go before Flacco.

b0ng
02-28-2008, 02:51 PM
Here's an interesting newish Mock (http://53deep.blogspot.com/search/label/2008%20mock%20draft).

What do you guys think of Mike Jenkins? I've seen him rated much higher than 18, and I think that's really hindered his talk here. What do you gurus think of him?

EDIT: Wow, after reading his profile here (http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=13291) I would be ecstatic if he fell that far.

TexansSeminole
02-28-2008, 02:52 PM
I expect Henne to go before Flacco.

Agreed. I think Henne could be the best QB in the draft. His attitude seems to be fantastic.

bah007
02-28-2008, 02:54 PM
Agreed. I think Henne could be the best QB in the draft. His attitude seems to be fantastic.

The only knock I've ever had against him is that at Michigan, he would hold the ball forever, looking for the perfect play.

If he is coached up a bit & they fix that, then he could be the best QB out of this class.

austintexanite
02-28-2008, 02:55 PM
I can't say that I've seen any personal film on Cromartie, and a lot of people have been talking this guy up.

TexansSeminole
02-28-2008, 02:58 PM
I can't say that I've seen any personal film on Cromartie, and a lot of people have been talking this guy up.

Most of those people haven't seen the film either.

keyser
02-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Notable players off the board by the time the Texans pick:

Jonathan Stewart
Rashard Mendenhall
Chris Williams
Ryan Clady
Leodis McKelvin
Aquib Talib

So yeah, I'm okay with DRC there. Might as well.

Actually, he has Williams being taken at #19, right after the Texans pick. While it's not a clear-cut choice between these two specific players for me, I'd prefer to draft an OT over a CB, all other things being equal.

YoungTexanFan
02-28-2008, 03:43 PM

Don't worry, 99% of the board hasn't seen actual game tape of him. Most people base opinions off of crappy live feed from the combine and even a few of the devoted guys here have seen senior bowl footage, both game review and practices. It is, in actuality, extremely hard to get films without connections and it only complicates when it is at a smaller school across the country. I was promised more than a month ago to be given 2 games of film for Tennessee St. defense. I'm still waiting. It is really hard for any of us, and we are all novices at this point, so take all views and opinions of guys, especially smaller school prospects, with a big grain of salt...even mine.

threetoedpete
02-28-2008, 04:12 PM

I re-watched the Texans-Saints game last night...the thing that makes Brees a great QB, is when he does his five step drop...as soon as the back foot hits on the fifth step the ball is coming out. That's about 2.7 seconds. That's very hard to sack. Someone figures out Flaccos and Henne's foot work, they'll have themselves a prety fair QB. The thing that kills Woodson and Breenan is that they've got to wind up to get the ball out. And that my friend is a killer for a QB in the NFL.

HOU-TEX
02-28-2008, 04:18 PM
I re-watched the Texans-Saints game last night...the thing that makes Brees a great QB, is when he does his five step drop...as soon as the back foot hits on the fifth step the ball is coming out. That's about 2.7 seconds. That's very hard to sack. Someone figures out Flaccos and Henne's foot work, they have themselves a prety fair QB. The thing that kills Woodson and Breenan is that they've got to wind up to get the ball out. And that my friend is a killer for a QB in the NFL.

I agree

Signed,

Byron Leftwich

kastofsna
02-28-2008, 04:39 PM
Don't worry, 99% of the board hasn't seen actual game tape of him. Most people base opinions off of crappy live feed from the combine and even a few of the devoted guys here have seen senior bowl footage, both game review and practices. It is, in actuality, extremely hard to get films without connections and it only complicates when it is at a smaller school across the country. I was promised more than a month ago to be given 2 games of film for Tennessee St. defense. I'm still waiting. It is really hard for any of us, and we are all novices at this point, so take all views and opinions of guys, especially smaller school prospects, with a big grain of salt...even mine.
this can be said about 99% of every player discussed on any message board.

Lucky
02-28-2008, 07:41 PM
If you have Comcast & the NFL Network, you can watch a condensed replay of the Senior Bowl via ondemand. Cromartie gets an interception and makes a couple of plays.

Brando
02-29-2008, 09:58 AM

You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAc3Puo68k)

YoungTexanFan
02-29-2008, 12:37 PM
You Tube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAc3Puo68k)

Never judge a prospect except his potential based on a highlight reel.

Brando
02-29-2008, 01:37 PM
Never judge a prospect except his potential based on a highlight reel.

I didn't say to, I just posted the clip for austintexanite.:thinking:

PapaL
02-29-2008, 01:51 PM
I wound't consider that a highlight reel. Just clips of him playing a solid game against some top competition.