PDA

View Full Version : Salisbury out, Carter in

Hutch13
02-27-2008, 03:54 PM
ESPN has upgraded its NFL analyst lineup by hiring Cris Carter, late of HBO's Inside the NFL, and jettisoning Sean Salisbury.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/mediumwell/blog/2008/02/carter_in_salisbury_out.html

Thank Gosh!!! Anyone but Salisbury. He gets on my nerves.

TexansSeminole
02-27-2008, 03:56 PM
That's great news. Wow is ESPN actually moving to a more logical path to sports reporting.

Hutch13
02-27-2008, 03:59 PM
That's great news. Wow is ESPN actually moving to a more logical path to sports reporting.

Salisbury wanted a 7 figure pay roll, ESPN declined. I've read that he has an offer from FSN or (i think it's more speculation) that he could go to CBS doing non-sports. ESPN just got better.

Double Barrel
02-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Thank Gosh!!! Anyone but Salisbury. He gets on my nerves.

I agree 100%. He had some decent analysis at times, but his personae just aggravated the crap out of me most of the time.

Goldensilence
02-27-2008, 04:58 PM
I bet somewhere at ESPN John Clayton is doing a celebration dance.

Texan_Bill
02-27-2008, 05:01 PM
"Ahhhhh, Salisbury Steak! The cornerstone of any nutritious dinner" (for a single guy)

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/food_photos/nancys_salisbury_steak.jpg

Hardcore Texan
02-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Adios Sean, you are such a tool and I don't have to look at your ugly mug and bloodshot eyes anymore. :splits:

Normally, I wouldn't be so harsh, but this guy is been nothing but that, well that and an asshat.

Second Honeymoon
02-27-2008, 05:19 PM
I bet somewhere at ESPN John Clayton is doing a celebration dance.

that was good stuff though. it was like the high school jock arguing with the high school nerd. personally, my favorite was Ditka v. Irvin. That stuff was of legend. We need more Ditka and if Irvin could ever stay off the nose candy, he is a damn good commentator and I always like him and Ditka together. Give me a coked up Irvin over a toked up Emmitt any day of the week.

V Man
02-28-2008, 08:08 AM
Salisbury wanted a 7 figure pay roll, ESPN declined. I've read that he has an offer from FSN or (i think it's more speculation) that he could go to CBS doing non-sports. ESPN just got better.

See I heard that when Sean was on the way out after calling Clayton "the Crypt Keeper". Hadn't heard the salary slant before.

chicagotexan2
02-28-2008, 08:14 AM
Salsbury was a bit annoying, but tolerable. What I don't understand is Keyshon still having a job. He's the second worst! Emmitt is still the best at stinking as an analyst even though he's out too. That's how good/bad he is.

nunusguy
02-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Nice to reduce the ESPN-USC hype machine by atleast one mouth.

kastofsna
02-28-2008, 08:21 PM
congrats to Godzuki for getting a new job.

HoustonFrog
02-29-2008, 07:58 AM
Watched him on the NFL show last night and Carter is an immediate upgrade.

tulexan
02-29-2008, 08:19 AM

Probably a case of ESPN offering him a contract they knew he would decline and Salisbury trying to save face by saying that he is worth more.