PDA

View Full Version : Texans Sign WR Harry Williams... ???

scourge
02-26-2008, 09:13 PM
On the NFL Network it is scrolling on the bottom that the Houston Texans have signed WR Harry Williams. It's been scrolling down there for a couple of hours now... anyone have any idea who this kid is?

bah007
02-26-2008, 09:14 PM
He was on our PS last year for a little while I think.

CloakNNNdagger
02-26-2008, 09:47 PM
He was on our PS last year for a little while I think.

He originally was signed to the PS. He did well in the NFLE last year. He was activated to the active roster when Mathis was placed on IR. I think he was only active for a couple of games. He has a track background and a kick return potential in addition to WR.

Triple347
02-27-2008, 12:51 AM
He originally was signed to the PS. He did well in the NFLE last year. He was activated to the active roster when Mathis was placed on IR. I think he was only active for a couple of games. He has a track background and a kick return potential in addition to WR.

He is also from Tuskogee, which is Lane College's main rival. Maybe they signed him to regain the confidence which Jacoby had in the preseason. Anyway, he might be a candidate to replace Mathis, since he can probably, you know like catch and run routes and stuff.

The Pencil Neck
02-27-2008, 01:41 AM
They really liked the kid in pre-season last year. But with the strength of our receiving corp, he (and a couple of other good receivers) couldn't make the squad. I think they signed him from the practice squad when AJ, JJ, and Jerome Mathis went down but he was only on the regular squad for a few weeks. David Anderson was higher on the depth chart and got playing time.

But they liked this kid so it's not much of a surprise that they signed him.

drewmar74
02-27-2008, 04:20 AM
Should we take this as another clue that we won't be seeing Mathis again?

Me, I'm thinking 'yes.'

El Tejano
02-27-2008, 07:04 AM
Hey you need TC guys. Why not get a kid who knows the system.

badboy
02-27-2008, 08:51 AM
They will dangle this guy back and forth in front of Andre Davis. "You are getting sleepy, very sleepy. If you do not sign a contract with us soon, we will make Williams the 2008 version of you in 2007."

mattschaub#8
02-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Signed WR Harry Williams. look for your self

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/transactions.asp

post copments