PDA

View Full Version : Roosevelt Colvin released by the Patriots

nero THE zero
02-26-2008, 05:44 PM
Would he fit at SLB and can we afford him?

Second Honeymoon
02-26-2008, 06:05 PM

the best thing about him is that he is a former Colt and would probably love to have an opportunity to stick it to Peyton (and Polian) two games a year.

TexansSeminole
02-26-2008, 06:23 PM
the best thing about him is that he is a former Colt and would probably love to have an opportunity to stick it to Peyton (and Polian) two games a year.

Honestly, I think he (all of his Pat fans) have stuck it to Peyton enough.

nero THE zero
02-26-2008, 06:24 PM

Yea. But does he fit in at SLB in the 4-3? I know he has the size and he's obviously athletic, but does he have the skill set for our system? He'd provide the same type of veteran presence as Danny Clark but with much more talent. My only question is if he fits and if we can afford him.

Wolf
02-26-2008, 06:31 PM
didn't he get injured this season?

TexansSeminole
02-26-2008, 06:36 PM
This falls in line with the Patriots taking Vernon Gholston. Alot of people were talking about the Patriots taking a corner because of the possible departure of Asante. With Colvin out now, we should see alot more talk and mock drafts with the Patriots taking Gholston. It's not like they haven't had success with a Ohio State linebacker (Mike Vrabel).

ATXtexanfan
02-26-2008, 06:48 PM
gholston is exactly what the pats need at lb

kiwitexansfan
02-26-2008, 06:59 PM

Roosevelt Colvin is an ex-Bear and now ex-Patriot, he doesn't have any Colt history according to his yahoosports bio.

As for if he would fit, he was a highly coveted 4-3 LB when he finished up in Chicago with several double digit sack seasons. Question would be what he has left and whether his skill set (which includes rushing the passer obviously) fit the system, my guess would be not so much.

bah007
02-26-2008, 08:06 PM

Colvin has never played for the Colts.

Was with the Bears from 99-02 & the Pats since then.

Someone mentioned it earlier, he finished the season on the IR.

TexansSeminole
02-26-2008, 08:23 PM

Yea why not? Fits better than what we got. He may not be a perfect fit but he upgrades our LBs.

PapaL
02-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Wasn't that Roosevelt Potts and he played RB for IND?

hookinreds
02-26-2008, 11:27 PM
He's a bigtime pass rushing LB, and probably be on top of lots of teams lists to acquire.

TEXANRED
02-26-2008, 11:50 PM
I remember when Colvin passed on the Texans in 03. He said that the Texans were not a contending team and had more than one hole to fill before becoming a contender. He signs with the Pats, breaks his leg if I remember correctly, goes on IR, and the Pats win a superbowl. Average seasons after that.

Colvin, IMO, was another product of playing next to Urlacher, just like Lance Briggs.

Triple347
02-27-2008, 12:01 AM
gholston is exactly what the pats need at lb

I think Gholston will go to the Jets, personally (unless Sedrick Ellis is still there, anyway). As far as Colvin is concerned, I think he would be out of our price range.

Polo
02-27-2008, 12:04 AM
I remember when Colvin passed on the Texans in 03. He said that the Texans were not a contending team and had more than one hole to fill before becoming a contender. He signs with the Pats, breaks his leg if I remember correctly, goes on IR, and the Pats win a superbowl. Average seasons after that.

Colvin, IMO, was another product of playing next to Urlacher, just like Lance Briggs.

Lance Briggs is a pretty good ball player.

bah007
02-27-2008, 12:06 AM
Lance Briggs is a pretty good ball player.

He makes a point though.

Colvin had 10.5 sacks in each of his last two season in Chicago.

Maddict5
02-27-2008, 07:21 AM

:thumbdown:

yeah urlacher summons a vince-like aura and gives briggs the inner power to shed his blockers and make plays...:elle:

anyone who says briggs is only good because of urlacher clearly hasnt watched him play.. he might be better than urlacher imo- and i like urlacher alot

swtbound07
02-27-2008, 01:40 PM
i'd sign him to a 2 year, 9 million dollar deal with 4 guaranteed. He can't be worse than moron greenwood

HOU-TEX
02-27-2008, 02:17 PM
i'd sign him to a 2 year, 9 million dollar deal with 4 guaranteed. He can't be worse than moron greenwood

Talent wise I'd agree, but you can count on Greenwood being on the field on Sundays. Which is more than someone can say about Colvin.:cool:

TexansSeminole
02-27-2008, 04:16 PM
:thumbdown:

yeah urlacher summons a vince-like aura and gives briggs the inner power to shed his blockers and make plays...:elle:

anyone who says briggs is only good because of urlacher clearly hasnt watched him play.. he might be better than urlacher imo- and i like urlacher alot

Briggs is a good linebacker. Does it help him that he plays next to Urlacher? Yes. Is that why he is a good linebacker? No.