PDA

View Full Version : Another Character Issue for McFadden

ChampionTexan
02-25-2008, 07:50 PM
Two paternity suits for McFadden?
Darren McFadden may be the fastest man in the NFL combine, but he also may have done a little two much celebrating after being named a Heisman Trophy finalist two years in a row. The running back has a paternity suit on his hands already and told a team he has two more kids along the way with presumably two different women. Kids today are in such a rush. Donít players usually wait till they're pros for this kind of thing? (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/20607408/

threetoedpete
02-25-2008, 08:21 PM
Well he falls into a group fo bout 70% of all african american males...going by illegitamcy rates. I don't agree with it or understand it. Be a very long line if you condem a man for it though. The guy is a top five tallent....in any year.

aj.
02-25-2008, 08:24 PM
This is the original article: http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/falcons/entries/2008/02/24/combine_report.html

Someone had told me a few weeks ago that there was more than just the bar incidents in Little Rock. Apparently there were rumors of this floating around but no one reported it directly until now. I guess we'll see what owner wants to help McFly pay for his legal fees.

mussop
02-25-2008, 08:38 PM
This is the original article: http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/falcons/entries/2008/02/24/combine_report.html

Someone had told me a few weeks ago that there was more than just the bar incidents in Little Rock. Apparently there were rumors of this floating around but no one reported it directly until now. I guess we'll see what owner wants to help McFly pay for his legal fees.

Like I said a few weeks ago, the closer we get to the draft the more will come out about McFadden. Beleive me there is still more.

bah007
02-25-2008, 09:18 PM
Like I said a few weeks ago, the closer we get to the draft the more will come out about McFadden. Beleive me there is still more.

Touche sir. I give you credit for that.

Honoring Earl 34
02-25-2008, 09:21 PM
Jerry won't care .

Grid
02-26-2008, 01:37 AM
doesnt sound like he has the attitude we look for in Texans players.

PapaL
02-26-2008, 06:47 AM
He would be great backfield mate with Travis Henry. They could share paternity lawyers and DNA experts. Ladies - get your protection ready.

V3rm0nt3r
02-26-2008, 08:56 AM
This doesn't change his stock... A 4.33 and the game film will keep him in the top 6

nunusguy
02-26-2008, 09:08 AM
If he only fights Pitt-Bulls to, he'll be perfect for ATL.

The1ApplePie
02-26-2008, 09:09 AM
Fighting and getting laid are character issues?

Next thing you know, he might like drinking or driving fast!

WesmanTexanfan
02-26-2008, 09:27 AM
doesnt sound like he has the attitude we look for in Texans players.

He was my guy for the "please dont draft his guy" thread, Mendenhall will have a better career.....

WesmanTexanfan
02-26-2008, 09:28 AM

lol, uh, ya!

Goldensilence
02-26-2008, 10:37 AM
Stock will fall but not that much.Wondering if ATL even looks his way now. They should be wanting someone squeakly clean.

Ole Miss Texan
02-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Stock will fall but not that much.Wondering if ATL even looks his way now. They should be wanting someone squeakly clean.

ATL needs help all over. Could be looking at Dorsey or Ellis. Jake Long really impressed me too.

There are so many 'unknowns' it seems this year from the top down. Who really has ANY idea whats going to happen in the 1st 3 picks alone!

ChampionTexan
02-26-2008, 11:00 AM
The only thing I wonder about is that when you look at the top 10-12 players in this draft, there are so many that look so good, that it may drop him further than in other years. The deeper the class is perceived to be by NFL GM's, the further he might drop.

badboy
02-26-2008, 11:20 AM
Jerry won't care .Are you implying the the owner of the Dallas Cowboys would have a player with questionable behavior on his team roster? 'Cause if you aren't, I will.:splits:

Ole Miss Texan
02-26-2008, 11:23 AM
The only thing I wonder about is that when you look at the top 10-12 players in this draft, there are so many that look so good, that it may drop him further than in other years. The deeper the class is perceived to be by NFL GM's, the further he might drop.

I think this draft is pretty solid on Defensive talent for the top of the draft . The thing McFadden has going for him is that there really doesn't seem to be that much elite Offensive players for the top. You have Jake Long and then it jumps to Clady, Williams, etc. but Jake's the only sure fire lock. No TE's, WR's really that look like they'll be at the top. And that leaves the 3 RB's in McFadden, Mendenhall, and Stewart.

PapaL
02-26-2008, 11:41 AM
This doesn't change his stock... A 4.33 and the game film will keep him in the top 6

Is that his 40 time or his fertilization time? :tinfoil:

ChampionTexan
02-26-2008, 11:52 AM
You're leaving out Matt Ryan, but yes, the D is much deeper than the offense in the very top of this draft. Still, if you're looking at Chris Long, Sedrick Ellis, Glenn Dorsey, Vernon Gholston on top of the offensive players you mentioned, it may not take much to talk yourself out of McFadden.

Also, while they may be in the minority, it wouldn't surprise me if there were a few teams that moved Mendenhall and/or Stewart ahead of McFadden based on this.

Hardcore Texan
02-26-2008, 12:21 PM

McFadden needs to quit trying to give all the ladies a "McFatOne" and focus on his career.

New_Texans
02-26-2008, 05:22 PM
...he plays football at a high level and was the star player on his team, im not surprised hes knocked a few girls up. It was just them being horny and irresponsible.

Line_Producer
02-26-2008, 08:40 PM
... and irresponsible.

I think you just nailed it on the head. There are many ways to be responsible about drinking and sleeping around. It boggles my mind that kids don't use protection these days.:gun:

Giant Tiger
02-26-2008, 10:34 PM
...he plays football at a high level and was the star player on his team, im not surprised hes knocked a few girls up. It was just them being horny and irresponsible.

If this was in college; what will happen when he gets the big contract? Sure girls followed him around. I would agree with you if it happened once, but not the 2nd & 3rd time. And this is before he gets the big bucks. :tearup:

b0ng
02-27-2008, 12:28 AM
If McFadden has to kill hookers by the dozen to drop down to our spot, I say let the hooker killing commence!

Seriously, if this guy gets in a fight at a bar and knocks up some horny college girls, and that causes him to drop to us, we better take him. There is nothing on any game tape, or any combine workout, that says he will be a terrible pick.

I kind of hope some more ugly stuff comes out (nothing like washington circa 2001 though), and he falls to us.

bah007
02-27-2008, 12:35 AM
If McFadden has to kill hookers by the dozen to drop down to our spot, I say let the hooker killing commence!

Seriously, if this guy gets in a fight at a bar and knocks up some horny college girls, and that causes him to drop to us, we better take him. There is nothing on any game tape, or any combine workout, that says he will be a terrible pick.

I kind of hope some more ugly stuff comes out (nothing like washington circa 2001 though), and he falls to us.

Yea.

I would love it if we signed Travis Henry, Leonard Little, & Jerramy Stevens too.

Throw in Pacman & Chris Henry.

I love it.

beerlover
02-27-2008, 01:21 AM
the media seems to like downgrading the top RB's each year for various reasons, remember last year Peterson dropped to #7 because of injury concerns. maybe they do have alot in common :cool:

b0ng
02-27-2008, 02:46 AM
Yea.

I would love it if we signed Travis Henry, Leonard Little, & Jerramy Stevens too.

Throw in Pacman & Chris Henry.

I love it.

Screw it, it's not like being the nice guys has won us a bunch of games. You can sit behind your keyboard and judge all you want, but the guy can get it done on the field in a way that we need ever so badly. I don't know if the NFL suspends you for having illegitmate children, but I'm pretty sure that they don't.

Raping, shooting, and other assorted felonies are one thing. Having lots o babies is something else entirely.

PapaL
02-27-2008, 06:26 AM
I can't believe I'm about to say this but...I agree with b0ng.

Ole Miss Texan
02-27-2008, 10:20 AM
I don't know if the NFL suspends you for having illegitmate children, but I'm pretty sure that they don't.

Actually they take away your teams 1st Round pick. Tom Brady had a .... oh wait nevermind- that was because the Patriots cheated... not Brady. :shocked

tulexan
02-27-2008, 10:47 AM
Screw it, it's not like being the nice guys has won us a bunch of games. You can sit behind your keyboard and judge all you want, but the guy can get it done on the field in a way that we need ever so badly. I don't know if the NFL suspends you for having illegitmate children, but I'm pretty sure that they don't.

Raping, shooting, and other assorted felonies are one thing. Having lots o babies is something else entirely.

Wait a second, Texans fans having a holier than thou attitude? That never happens.

Who cares if the guy is the next Travis Henry, Shawn Kemp, or He Hate Me? McFadden has enormous talent and is going to be one of the best running backs in the league for a long time. Like b0ng said, it would be one thing if he was committing violent crimes or stealing things, but this is an entirely different situation. As long as he supports the kids that he is bringing into the world, I could care less.

Goldensilence
02-27-2008, 10:58 AM
He should've insisted on protection but at the same time.....you're telling me those girls weren't thinking guy is about to land a huge contract and this isn't their meal ticket?

Ole Miss Texan
02-28-2008, 03:21 PM
7. As much as good character counts in NFL draft evaluations, you just know Darren McFadden's 4.33 40-yard dash speed matters far more than the speed in which he fathered illegitimate children.

Run DMC allegedly has two baby mamas in-waiting and another two waiting on DNA results. Yes, it's a sign that McFadden is incredibly irresponsible, but it does not mean he has trouble exploiting holes in a defense.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7850370?MSNHPHMA

Am I reading this right? From what I've heard he has or may have a suit already... then there's 2 more on the way with 2 other women. Now it sounds like there are another 2 women awaiting DNA test results!? sheesh

that could be a total of 5.