PDA

View Full Version : Former Texan Lundy arrested

Brando
02-25-2008, 12:22 PM
BURLINGTON TOWNSHIP — Former Houston Texans running back Wali S. Lundy was charged with possession of marijuana last night after officers found him alone in a playground off Larkin Road, police said.

Lundy, 24, was discovered in the playground by his parked vehicle at 10:41 p.m., Lt. Wayne Maver said. He was found in possession of an undisclosed amount of marijuana and an open container of alcohol, the lieutenant said.

Link (http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/112-02252008-1493292.html)

Sorry to hear that Wali.

02-25-2008, 12:34 PM
dang, that's sad.

PapaL
02-25-2008, 12:35 PM
How lame! Busted smoking and drinking alone at playground?

El Amigo Invisible
02-25-2008, 12:49 PM
WALI NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!:elle:

02-25-2008, 12:53 PM

for his sake i hope he was pre-gaming.

PapaL
02-25-2008, 01:00 PM
How bad is that playground that you have to get high and drunk to play there? *GOSH*

The Pencil Neck
02-25-2008, 01:30 PM
This might partially explain why he isn't with the team any more.

TEXANS84
02-25-2008, 02:07 PM

Yeah, alone at a playground is no bueno.

Ckw
02-25-2008, 02:19 PM

How bad is that playground that you have to get high and drunk to play there? *GOSH*

This might partially explain why he isn't with the team any more.

Yeah, alone at a playground is no bueno.

Or maybe he was depressed about not playing football for anyone anymore and just wanted to forget his problems. Man you guys rip the guy with absolutely zero thought of what is going on in the guy's personal life.

I read a story a while back about how his brother, mother and father (could be mistaken about both) all died in like a few years. His one dream was to play football professionally. He thought he had made it with the Texans but he just didn't cut it. So now his dreams are essentially over.

Look, I'll be the first one to rag on a guy gettin' throwed out with his buddies being stupid out on the town gettin' high. This fool was alone in a playground just trying to forget sh*t and a lot of people grill. Weed shouldn't even be illegal but that's an entirely different discussion.

Good luck Wali...

bah007
02-25-2008, 02:21 PM
I wouldnt teach my kids that smokin weed is the way to get over their problems.

If that story is true, then I feel real bad for Wali. Thats not a cool way to live.

But you break the law, and you are subject to people ripping you.

HOU-TEX
02-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Or maybe he was depressed about not playing football for anyone anymore and just wanted to forget his problems. Man you guys rip the guy with absolutely zero thought of what is going on in the guy's personal life.

I read a story a while back about how his brother, mother and father (could be mistaken about both) all died in like a few years. His one dream was to play football professionally. He thought he had made it with the Texans but he just didn't cut it. So now his dreams are essentially over.

Look, I'll be the first one to rag on a guy gettin' throwed out with his buddies being stupid out on the town gettin' high. This fool was alone in a playground just trying to forget sh*t and a lot of people grill. Weed shouldn't even be illegal but that's an entirely different discussion.

Good luck Wali...

He could've at least gotten high at home rather than a public playground. :elle:

nero THE zero
02-25-2008, 02:48 PM
Damn, that's what I used to do in HS.

PapaL
02-25-2008, 02:51 PM

Good luck Wali...

He could've at least gotten high at home rather than a public playground. :elle:

That's why I'm "ripping" the guy. WTF? Kids play there. If he's depressed, get help - don't get high and drunk.

So now I'm suppose to pick up his joint and empty 40 because he couldn't cut? All of us would have loved to play football. Some of us probably even dreamed it. Don't see me on the swing set drinking and smoking. Do that crap in the privacy of your own home. That's my point.

AnthonyE
02-25-2008, 02:52 PM

Good luck Wali...

Yeah. You know, I was thinking the same thing when I started reading this topic. Poor guy, I wish him the best. He's had a rough life.

TEXANS84
02-25-2008, 03:57 PM

Good luck Wali...

I dont care how bad you're feeling, you do not smoke pot in a playground. That was the point.

The Pencil Neck
02-25-2008, 04:40 PM
I dont care how bad you're feeling, you do not smoke pot in a playground. That was the point.

Well, I'm not so sure about that. Back when I was a kid and doing drugs, going to the playground late at night and toking up was a pretty popular activity. I just figured this playground was where he and his friends hang at night (probably playing hoops or something) and he decided to toke up after everyone was gone.

GuerillaBlack
02-25-2008, 04:49 PM
Its not like kids were in the playground, especially at that time of night.

Goldensilence
02-25-2008, 04:52 PM
Wali...there's always the CFL or Arena league.

For the most part he's been a stand up guy in camp and during the regular season. Everyone is entitled to an oops.

I sad seeing some people jumping on this guy when there's lot more worse things happening in the league.

bah007
02-25-2008, 05:00 PM
Wali...there's always the CFL or Arena league.

For the most part he's been a stand up guy in camp and during the regular season. Everyone is entitled to an oops.

I sad seeing some people jumping on this guy when there's lot more worse things happening in the league.

Nobody said that smoking pot was the straw that broke the camel's back or anything.

It's his first time in trouble & its a stupid thing to get in trouble for. If you have those problems then you need to take care of them privately, not in a public park.

And nobody even came close to comparing this to Vick, Pacman, or the Patriots cheating or anything like that right?

Its a sad story. Hopefully the kid can right the ship but to act like doing something stupid like this doesn't even deserve an ounce of criticism is ridiculous. Even honest kids can mess up, & they can take the heat just like the scum can.

PapaL
02-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Well, I'm not so sure about that. Back when I was a kid and doing drugs, going to the playground late at night and toking up was a pretty popular activity. I just figured this playground was where he and his friends hang at night (probably playing hoops or something) and he decided to toke up after everyone was gone.

Exactly. This is a grown man. /rant

AnthonyE
02-25-2008, 05:32 PM

We used to live across the street from the park in Northside, and people would be there all night until dawn. And these were people anywhere from the ages of 10-55. Obviously the younger ones would be playing basketball on the court, but the older ones (who happened to be my dad's friends) would stand in the parking lot talking, and some "illicit" activities. :P

Blazing Arrow
02-25-2008, 05:58 PM
That's why I'm "ripping" the guy. WTF? Kids play there. If he's depressed, get help - don't get high and drunk.

So now I'm suppose to pick up his joint and empty 40 because he couldn't cut? All of us would have loved to play football. Some of us probably even dreamed it. Don't see me on the swing set drinking and smoking. Do that crap in the privacy of your own home. That's my point.

Who said he was littering?

GP
02-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Kubiak built him up, saying how he was going to be a future star and that he "had a bright future in this league..." and then he got cut.

I still remember those TexansTV clips of Kubiak just heaping the praise by the truck load upon Wali.

I don't excuse his behavior, but I can understand it--He had been dealt a pretty bad hand in life with the deaths and challenges within his family, was trying to make a way for himself, and now it's all over. Snap of a finger. Life changed. Dreams dashed.

I withhold the harsh comments and choose to say that I pray he finds peace and courage to fight the battle of the unknown. My parents are far fro perfect, but they gave me a chance to make my way in this life. Seems like Wali has been doing things alone his whole life. Dude needs to catch a break. That's all I'm sayin'...

Ckw
02-25-2008, 08:46 PM

You also created a life for yourself outside of football. Most of these guys spend so much time trying to "make it big" they never figure out how to do anything else with their lives. They get crap degrees in college and many times don't even finish all with the hopes they will be playing pro football.

As far as the deal with the playground: Perhaps he is showing signs of regression, a typical defense mechanism. This is a time when a person tries to regress to a time of when they were younger and things were simpler. This could be the entire reason he was getting high at a playground.

Can anyone tell me was it daytime or nighttime? I'm assuming it was nighttime, so all you guys talking about the poor kids playing on the playground, well they shouldn't have even been there. He was probably in the park alone trying to forget about his life. He was probably swinging on a swing set getting hammered.

But whatever. Some of you guys get it. Others of you don't have a clue. :gun:

Ckw
02-25-2008, 08:50 PM

Technically from a physiological standpoint, yes he is. From a psychological standpoint, no he's not.

TexansSeminole
02-25-2008, 08:53 PM
You also created a life for yourself outside of football. Most of these guys spend so much time trying to "make it big" they never figure out how to do anything else with their lives. They get crap degrees in college and many times don't even finish all with the hopes they will be playing pro football.

Who made the decision about the degree Lundy was getting? Wali. Who's to blame for this? Wali.

As far as the deal with the playground: Perhaps he is showing signs of regression, a typical defense mechanism. This is a time when a person tries to regress to a time of when they were younger and things were simpler. This could be the entire reason he was getting high at a playground.

Your serious? Have you smoked weed before? Your just thinking too hard about it. Dude was at the playground smoking some weed and drinking some alcohol. He was probably just looking for a place to sit outside and went to the playground. "Regress to a time of when they were younger," I dunno, maybe.

Can anyone tell me was it daytime or nighttime? I'm assuming it was nighttime, so all you guys talking about the poor kids playing on the playground, well they shouldn't have even been there. He was probably in the park alone trying to forget about his life. He was probably swinging on a swing set getting hammered.

I don't have any problem with it because I don't have a problem with marijuana, as long as the guy isn't bothering anyone he hasn't done anything wrong in my book. It's sad that he is blazin' at the playground but I don't think he did anything wrong. But if he were a Texan I would be all over this guy.

Ckw
02-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Who made the decision about the degree Lundy was getting? Wali. Who's to blame for this? Wali.

In total agreement.

Your serious? Have you smoked weed before? Your just thinking too hard about it. Dude was at the playground smoking some weed and drinking some alcohol. He was probably just looking for a place to sit outside and went to the playground. "Regress to a time of when they were younger," I dunno, maybe.

Yes, I've smoked weed. You're right, I am probably looking into this too much. But tell me this: do you think it's normal behavior for an ex-football player to be sitting alone in a park, no friends around, smoking weed and sippin a 40?

I don't have any problem with it because I don't have a problem with marijuana, as long as the guy isn't bothering anyone he hasn't done anything wrong in my book. It's sad but I don't think he did anything wrong. But if he were a Texan I would be all over this guy.

Agreed. As a professional football player, you should be able to abide by the league rules and stay away from the reefer for the time being. I agree, I don't think he did anything wrong. My whole point was saying I feel bad for the guy. I just don't see sitting alone on a playground by himself as normal behavior.

stingray
02-25-2008, 09:04 PM
Maybe he just wanted to get high just to get high. That could be possible, right?

nunusguy
02-25-2008, 09:51 PM
Just think, in Lundys first regular season game in the NFL he was the starting
running back. That was 2006 and I dunno if he was even in professional football on an active basis as a player last year ?

opiedopie
02-25-2008, 09:56 PM
poor wali! it's a class b mis he will walk out of jail with a 180.00$ fine

TexansSeminole
02-25-2008, 10:54 PM
My whole point was saying I feel bad for the guy. I just don't see sitting alone on a playground by himself as normal behavior.

Yea, mine too. The worst part is that he was alone.

PapaL
02-26-2008, 05:55 AM

I know what you are saying; I'm not knocking the guy completely. I'm just saying do that crap else where. I would imagine he didn't ride the bus out to the playground so park your car, do what you do and move on. What was the church full so he picked the playground instead?

Best wishes Wali. Thank you for being a Texan. :texflag:

eriadoc
02-26-2008, 09:45 AM
I have compassion for the guy, and I wish him luck in life. That said, it's pretty clear that what he was doing was pretty stupid, regardless of your views on marijuana. He was drinking in a park (public intoxication, other potential charges) and he was smoking marijuana in public (illegal, regardless if you think it should be). Given that he's still somewhat in the public eye, he should have surmised that this would get in the papers if he was caught. He did it anyway.

Like some of you have said, he needs to catch a break sometime. But sometimes, you have to avoid sabotaging yourself until that break happens. Or, if you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

Ckw
02-26-2008, 01:28 PM
poor wali! it's a class b mis he will walk out of jail with a 180.00$ fine

I'm not sure what marijuana charges you've faced but it's a hell of a lot more than a $180 fine. Try community service, around $500 in fines, court costs, & probation fees.

TexansSeminole
02-26-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm not sure what marijuana charges you've faced but it's a hell of a lot more than a $180 fine. Try community service, around $500 in fines, court costs, & probation fees.

This is a true statement.

ATXtexanfan
02-26-2008, 06:51 PM

lol a hundred times

opiedopie
02-26-2008, 07:24 PM

I,m a sgt at a county jail

Ckw
02-29-2008, 03:25 PM
I,m a sgt at a county jail

Very cool. I agree with you a pot charge is not that big of a deal. But I can promise you anything 2 ounces and below is more than a simple fine. He probably stayed in jail overnight, probably paid $500 bail, will have probation fees ranging from $500 to $1000, and he will do community service somewhere in the range of 50-100 hours.

I'm sure you already know this but for pot, 2 oz. and below is a class B. 2-4 oz. and it's a class A. 4 oz. and above is a felony.

Unless the laws have changed dramatically, as a sergeant you need to do a little better research on what the penalties are associated with a crime if you are going to speak of them as "no big deal".

mattieuk
02-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Very cool. I agree with you a pot charge is not that big of a deal. But I can promise you anything 2 ounces and below is more than a simple fine. He probably stayed in jail overnight, probably paid $500 bail, will have probation fees ranging from $500 to $1000, and he will do community service somewhere in the range of 50-100 hours.

I'm sure you already know this but for pot, 2 oz. and below is a class B. 2-4 oz. and it's a class A. 4 oz. and above is a felony.

Unless the laws have changed dramatically, as a sergeant you need to do a little better research on what the penalties are associated with a crime if you are going to speak of them as "no big deal".

Shiiit, you guys are fairly hot on weed over there eh! It's usually a caution over here at the moment...

Anyways, hope Wali picks himself up, guess he needs to find something to fill the void left from the deaths and football.