PDA

View Full Version : JD Booty

The1ApplePie
02-25-2008, 12:15 PM
If John David is sitting there in the 4th or 5th, do you take him? Sage isn't the answer, and it looks like Fragile Matty can't take a hit.

Not saying he could start, but he would be a good, young back up

Maddict5
02-25-2008, 12:24 PM
yeah Booty's the answer:gun:.. id say his ceiling is sage's performances last season so whats the point in wasting a pick on him

HOU-TEX
02-25-2008, 12:36 PM
:ok:

Goldensilence
02-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Nope. Kubiak has made it fairly clear he intends to keep 2 QBs on the Roster normally.

Sage is not starting material IMO but clearly a very good backup and there's no shame in that. I think after two shots in two very QB desperate positions we should understand why he is where he is as a backup. That said I'm real glad to have him as the backup.

Honestly the fragile Matty claims are childish and dumb. Yeah it's fragile when a blatanant late helmet to helmet hit gets you on the chin or perhaps he should've twisted more and fell on his shoulder correctly. :yawn:

Far as JDB is concerned. A product of USC. Carson has been the real deal but jury is really out on Leinart.He's got to make a big jump next year or he's headed for the bench full-time. Booty benefited from a superior cast.

Ole Miss Texan
02-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Matt Schaub is a franchise type QB. Our OL is only going to get better with Kubiak/Gibbs making the picks and coaching them up- my only hope is that it's sooner than later.

Sage isn't going to be a long term starter in the league but is a VERY good back up as evidenced by this last season. If you need him to come in during the game or even to make a few starts- I wouldn't chalk those games up as a loss at all.

I don't really see a place on the team for a QB being drafted or as an udfa this year. The biggest reason I would be for it, would be for Kubiak/Shanahan to groom and then trade to another team. Like when we drafted Drew Stanton in the 6th round- then traded him a year later to Dallas for a future 3rd round pick. That's what I thought we had a chance at with Zabransky last year but didn't look like it was in the cards. I think Kubiak is more interested (as he should be) in getting the players He wants, maximizing the 53-man roster, and getting everything he can out of everybody to have a successful season and future seasons.

I think he's found his QB's in Schaub and Rosenfels and I don't see them going anywhere for a while.

badboy
02-25-2008, 01:34 PM
Matt Schaub is a franchise type QB. Our OL is only going to get better with Kubiak/Gibbs making the picks and coaching them up- my only hope is that it's sooner than later.

Sage isn't going to be a long term starter in the league but is a VERY good back up as evidenced by this last season. If you need him to come in during the game or even to make a few starts- I wouldn't chalk those games up as a loss at all.

I don't really see a place on the team for a QB being drafted or as an udfa this year. The biggest reason I would be for it, would be for Kubiak/Shanahan to groom and then trade to another team. Like when we drafted Drew Stanton in the 6th round- then traded him a year later to Dallas for a future 3rd round pick. That's what I thought we had a chance at with Zabransky last year but didn't look like it was in the cards. I think Kubiak is more interested (as he should be) in getting the players He wants, maximizing the 53-man roster, and getting everything he can out of everybody to have a successful season and future seasons.

I think he's found his QB's in Schaub and Rosenfels and I don't see them going anywhere for a while.Could not have said it better myself. I feel very comfortable with Matt & Sage.

Goldensilence
02-25-2008, 01:36 PM

I think he's found his QB's in Schaub and Rosenfels and I don't see them going anywhere for a while.

Was Drew Henson Ole Miss....but I can't rep ya more or i would.

Ole Miss Texan
02-25-2008, 01:43 PM

woops! LOL you're totally right, thanks

infantrycak
02-25-2008, 01:51 PM

That would be Drew Henson of the University of Michigan--formerly back up to Tom Brady.

And no drafting QB's until Sage's contract is up.

Insideop
02-25-2008, 03:18 PM
I still think they will pick up an UFA QB after the Draft like Zebranski (sp?) last year. They have no chance of making the team but they can still be put on the PS for development if they show promise. Also, they always need extra "arms" in camp for all the drills. JMHO!

bah007
02-25-2008, 03:19 PM
I still think they will pick up an UFA QB after the Draft like Zebranski (sp?) last year. They have no chance of making the team but they can still be put on the PS for development if they show promise. Also, they always need extra "arms" in camp for all the drills. JMHO!

Thats where Kubiak comes in handy!