PDA

View Full Version : Huff available in a trade.

kiwitexansfan
02-24-2008, 08:41 PM
Profootballtalk.com reports in its rumour mill that the Raiders are shopping Michael Huff.

We have a weakness at safety, anyone keen and at what price??

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Houston TexanUK
02-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Because of his large contract, I wouldnt be hugely interested... Unless he was very very cheap in terms of draft picks.

bah007
02-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Huff would be the centerfielder we desperately need in our secondary.

He can tackel well, has okay ball skills, coverage is excellent for a safety, plus his athleticism is top notch.

Ran a 4.34 & jumped over 40 inches in the vertical at the combine a few years ago.

After all that though, his contract is way too high & he would cost too much in a trade.

DiehardChris
02-24-2008, 09:27 PM
I'd love to pick him up - but he must be available for a reason. He's young, skilled, and a starter. Something just plain doesn't add up here.

Also - why would the Raiders do a deal now instead of doing it on draft day?

bah007
02-24-2008, 09:32 PM
I'd love to pick him up - but he must be available for a reason. He's young, skilled, and a starter. Something just plain doesn't add up here.

Also - why would the Raiders do a deal now instead of doing it on draft day?

For all we know, Al Davis had a bad dream so now he's shopping Huff.

That guy is off his rocker.

DiehardChris
02-24-2008, 09:45 PM
That is true. One thing I always say (and I'm not just saying that - I say this all the time when it relates to football) is that you canNOT underestimate the stupidity of the Oakland Raiders. Their fans AND their front office.

TEXANRED
02-24-2008, 09:52 PM
That is true. One thing I always say (and I'm not just saying that - I say this all the time when it relates to football) is that you canNOT underestimate the stupidity of the Oakland Raiders. Their fans AND their front office.

Remember who they traded PBurnt too?

Lucky
02-24-2008, 10:11 PM
I don't know if Oakland is actually attempting to trade Huff. But, has underachieved over his 1st 2 seasons. One forced fumble and one interception in 32 games? I'm sure Davis thought he'd get more production than that from the 7th pick in the draft.

There are also rumors that the Lions are looking to trade Roy Williams & Shaun Rogers. It's no secret that the Bears would like to dump Cedric Benson. A lot of ex-Horns could be on the move this offseason.

Honoring Earl 34
02-24-2008, 10:12 PM
I don't know if Oakland is actually attempting to trade Huff. But, has underachieved over his 1st 2 seasons. One forced fumble and one interception in 32 games? I'm sure Davis thought he'd get more production than that from the 7th pick in the draft.

There are also rumors that the Lions are looking to trade Roy Williams & Shaun Rogers. It's no secret that the Bears would like to dump Cedric Benson. A lot of ex-Horns could be on the move this offseason.

They'll reunite as Titans .

Lucky
02-24-2008, 10:14 PM
The University of Texas at Nashville? I can see that happening. :)

hookinreds
02-25-2008, 12:50 AM
The Raiders drafted an above average CB/FS and tried to make him a SS. Doesn't work with Huff, he's to small to be used like a LB taking on a TE, he's not a big hitter, but he can make an open field tackle any reciever. He's great in coverage and had good hands. He would do fine with a team that can play him at CB or FS, hell I'd love to have him. Unless the Raiders are in the mood to give him away, he'll be to pricey for us.

mexican_texan
02-25-2008, 01:31 AM
The Raiders need a QB...we have Rosenfels...git'r done

shawn76ers
02-25-2008, 02:36 AM
did anybody read megan manfull article in the chronicle about us & the raiders, making a trade for Huff....he would look good in a texans uniform.

Line_Producer
02-25-2008, 03:16 AM
http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans/2008/02/how_does_michael_huff_sound_fo.html

Allow me to summarize the blog for everyone.

"how about we trade for _______________? Wouldn't that be neato?"

</sarcasm>

PapaL
02-25-2008, 06:40 AM
The Raiders need a QB...we have Rosenfels...git'r done

And that JaMarcus Russell kid they drafted #1?

PHAROAH
02-25-2008, 07:20 AM
I say give up next years 2nd round pick for him.

The1ApplePie
02-25-2008, 11:41 AM
Apparently, Vilma is available for a trade for a 3rd rounder. I'd rather see that deal.

Though, a secondary with Dunta, Huff, Demps, Bennet, and say Aqib Talib along with an improved D-Line would put a big stopper on Peyton.

Goldensilence
02-25-2008, 11:53 AM
Apparently, Vilma is available for a trade for a 3rd rounder. I'd rather see that deal.

Though, a secondary with Dunta, Huff, Demps, Bennet, and say Aqib Talib along with an improved D-Line would put a big stopper on Peyton.

Vilma for a third would probably be better then anything would could get there. Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Texans uni.

Huff's contract makes it hard to move him. I don't think this organization is nearly high on safety play as some of the posters are here. Far as defense goes unless someone unexpectedly drops to them like Demeco i fully expect the most emphasis to be on CB and DL.

Maddict5
02-25-2008, 12:22 PM
its simple maths

vilma + ryans < ryans+ greenwood + 3rd rd cb/ot/rb

PapaL
02-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Vilma for a 3rd? Do it right now. Skip all the all other BS and send the paperwork right now.

Dallas_Texan
02-26-2008, 02:03 PM
its simple maths

Except your '<' should be a '>'. We're talking Vilma here. OLB is one of our biggest needs. Try this equation for size. (Assuming we move Demeco Outside)

Vilma + Ryans + Z Diles > Ryans + Greenwood + 3rd round OLB

Second Honeymoon
02-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Vilma for a 3rd? Do it right now. Skip all the all other BS and send the paperwork right now.

the only problem is that Vilma is coming off an injury. i don't want any damaged goods.

Blazing Arrow
02-26-2008, 02:44 PM

And I hope they do. Could you imagine Haynsworth and Rogers on the same line along with KVB? I would not mind Williams either. Huff no way but the other two at the right price could push the Titans D to the next level.

Blazing Arrow
02-26-2008, 02:49 PM
the only problem is that Vilma is coming off an injury. i don't want any damaged goods.

I love the comment on News and Notes on Vilma's profile page

Feb 26 ILB Jonathan Vilma has reportedly received permission to seek a trade -- to anyone but division-rival New England. The Star Ledger reported that Jacksonville and New Orleans would be among possible trade partners.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6771/news;_ylt=As7N_OMicEAb8CdH0aXtquVcr4x4

HOU-TEX
02-26-2008, 02:49 PM

I highly doubt we have anything to worry about. I don't think the Texans will be trading ANY more draft picks away any time soon.

I'd trade Greenwood or Clark straight up for him though. :cool:

TexansSeminole
02-26-2008, 02:55 PM
http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans/2008/02/how_does_michael_huff_sound_fo.html

Allow me to summarize the blog for everyone.

"how about we trade for _______________? Wouldn't that be neato?"

</sarcasm>

hahaha

CloakNNNdagger
02-26-2008, 03:58 PM

Unfortunately, the problem is that today virtually all NFL players can be categorized as PREinjury, INTRAinjury or POSTinjury.

edo783
02-26-2008, 11:24 PM
Unfortunately, the problem is that today virtually all NFL players can be categorized as PREinjury, INTRAinjury or POSTinjury.

Kind of like bull riding. It's not a question of "IF", it's only a question of "When".

ensign_lee
02-27-2008, 02:27 AM
its simple maths

False.

Maddict5
02-27-2008, 07:14 AM
sorry but weakside backer isnt a need.. morlons decent- lets upgrade the junk (secondary, o-line, rb, anthony weaver, SLB possibly) before worrying about the better stuff.. id be pissed if we paid a 3rd for him- good player though

austintexanite
02-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos fans seem to think that Huff is a good player but that he is on a crappy team.