PDA

View Full Version : free agency - any rumors?

brickman
02-24-2008, 10:05 AM
As I sit here during offseason, I'm craving some new Texans news. When does free agency start? When can players start being signed? Is there any news around H-town as to what they are thinking.... if anything. Being in upstate NY, I'm craving some news of people we are interested in and also re-signing our own free agents. Thanks!

:texflag: :fans:

Marcus
02-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Well, there is one free agent they are definately NOT interested in . . .

Look what Asante Samuel wants! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=850405&postcount=1)

Kaiser Toro
02-24-2008, 10:31 AM
Tuesday, Feb. 26: Conclusion of NFL Scouting Combine.

Thursday, Feb. 28 (9:01 p.m., Pacific time): Beginning of free-agent signing period and trade period.

Monday, March 17: 49ers offseason condition program begins.

Sunday, March 30-Thursday, April 3: NFL Annual Meeting, Palm Beach, Fla.

Late March-Early April: 2008 regular-season schedule announced (see below).

Friday, April 18: Deadline to sign restricted free agents to offer sheets.

Saturday, April 26-Sunday, April 27: NFL Draft.

Friday May 2-Sunday, May 4: 49ers full-squad minicamp with veterans and rookies, Santa Clara (closed to the public).

Monday, May 19-Wednesday, May 21: NFL Spring Meeting, Buckhead, Ga.

Monday, June 2: 49ers organized team activities begin.

Friday, June 20: 49ers organized team activities end.

Tuesday, July 15 (1 p.m., Pacific time): Deadline to sign franchise players to offer sheets.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/default.asp?item=733195

brickman
02-24-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the info. Hopefully, they spend the $ wisely!

brickman
02-27-2008, 08:39 AM
With free agency beginning at midnight Thursday night, anyone hearing any rumors of anyone we are targeting in free agency. I don't plan on them spending wild money, but would like to see us go after a few pieces to help with the puzzle. Anyone have any thoughts/rumors/comments?:texflag:

badboy
02-27-2008, 10:03 AM
My hopes of the Texans going after a starter in free agency (preferably CB) have declined as more players are franchised or expected to demand too much loot. There may be some minor pick ups that may play a role as season progresses and injuries occur. I am hopeful that our three biggest needs LT,RB & CB will be addressed in first, third and fourth rounds. I think we may get a surprise or two from players such as Brandon Harris (safety) Brandon Frye (guard that might play tackle)Kasey Studdard (guard),Zach Diles (LB)Mike Briesel (guard) Brandon Mitchell (safety) Chris Taylor (RB) that were on team last season but did not play much or any. We can't overlook these guys.

Ole Miss Texan
02-27-2008, 10:40 AM
My hopes of the Texans going after a starter in free agency (preferably CB) have declined as more players are franchised or expected to demand too much loot. There may be some minor pick ups that may play a role as season progresses and injuries occur. I am hopeful that our three biggest needs LT,RB & CB will be addressed in first, third and fourth rounds. I think we may get a surprise or two from players such as Brandon Harris (safety) Brandon Frye (guard that might play tackle)Kasey Studdard (guard),Zach Diles (LB)Mike Briesel (guard) Brandon Mitchell (safety) Chris Taylor (RB) that were on team last season but did not play much or any. We can't overlook these guys.

I don't really know who all is left in FA, but I think Smith will def. sign a couple of lesser known players and have them compete. I think CB is being looked at very closely because any competition is good and needed. I'd love to see us take a CB in the first, or trade down, or do any number of things but the point being- It still isn't going to look that pretty having Bennett and a rookie CB starting for us! I'm really nervous about this so I think we will see some veteran guy(s) signed.

I'm interested in (I think its) Brandon Harrison from Stanford- he could end up being our safety of the future (SS??). I can't wait to see what Gibbs does with this O-Line w/ Frye, Briesel and Studdard.

Kaiser Toro
02-27-2008, 10:46 AM
I do not see us being that active in FA this year. We have some big decisions after next season with our own folks:

2008 FA:
Dunta Robinson

2009 FA:
Demeco Ryans - I see an extension being done next year
Eric Winston - I see an extension being done next year
Chester Pitts
Charles Spencer

Sure we have some dollars available and the cap is going up incrementally year over year. Moreover, with the prospect of the owners nixing the CBA and a no cap year in 2011 I would imagine that securing folks long term under a cap will be very important, especally for those teams with a young nucleus in my opinion.

Once we get to the uncapped seasons McNair's pocketbook will be great to have to go with a secured nucleus.

Ole Miss Texan
02-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Thursday, Feb. 28 (9:01 p.m., Pacific time): Beginning of free-agent signing period and trade period.

Who uses Pacific Time!!??? Took me an hour to take the 9 multiply by 3, divide by 2... carry the 1... ah what the hell, i give up- is that Midnight Central time!? haha only kidding...

As for the original question- the only rumor I have heard is that there was a deal in the works of us trading for a Running Back. Then that rumor kind of died and doesn't look to be valid. There is/was another rumor that we signed/have a deal in place with a Running Back. Don't know if there's any truth to that or who that player would be.

That shouldn't be a surprise though, I think there will be a lot of competition in Camp at the RB position. We have Green, Dayne (re-sign?), Walker, Taylor + we'll draft a RB probably pick up another UDFA RB, and sign a FA RB in the offseason. There's Arliss Beach- not sure if he's on the team or not but he's probably in the mix to. I just see us having no more than 4 RB's come the Reg. season and that being Green + Dayne + probably a drafted RB + probably Walker or Taylor. just my guess though

Malloy
02-27-2008, 11:29 AM
I just see us having no more than 4 RB's come the Reg. season and that being Green + Dayne + probably a drafted RB + probably Walker or Taylor. just my guess though

Think you're spot on.

beerlover
02-27-2008, 11:30 AM
I do not see us being that active in FA this year. We have some big decisions after next season with our own folks:

2008 FA:
Dunta Robinson

2009 FA:
Demeco Ryans - I see an extension being done next year
Eric Winston - I see an extension being done next year
Chester Pitts
Charles Spencer

Sure we have some dollars available and the cap is going up incrementally year over year. Moreover, with the prospect of the owners nixing the CBA and a no cap year in 2011 I would imagine that securing folks long term under a cap will be very important, especally for those teams with a young nucleus in my opinion.

Once we get to the uncapped seasons McNair's pocketbook will be great to have to go with a secured nucleus.

I agree that this is the prudent thing to do. look for Kubiak/Smith kinda guys with Gibbs/Rhodes ties.

El Tejano
02-27-2008, 11:52 AM
I could see us picking up a guy like Andre Dyson in FA but what do I know?

The Pencil Neck
02-27-2008, 11:54 AM
I could see us picking up a guy like Andre Dyson in FA but what do I know?

I was thinking the same thing.

Kaiser Toro
02-27-2008, 12:02 PM
We will definitely be bringing in players, I just do not see us opening up the wallet, as in being a major player in the FA market. We have holes to fill especially at CB.

Dyson would be a good guy to bring in for the minimum. He is coming off an injury and going into his 8th year. Playing man with the Titans is something I like, but with Rhodes back there now I am not sure if this is a good fit.

Dallas_Texan
02-27-2008, 12:11 PM
I was thinking the same thing.

We do seem to do well with the Andre's! Who knows? :thinking:

Maddict5
02-27-2008, 12:11 PM
what about boss bailey

tulexan
02-27-2008, 12:19 PM
For some reason, I don't think Dayne is going to be back. I remember hearing an interview with Kubiak (I think with the terrible Anna Megan) and he talked about all of our running backs except Dayne.

I think going into training camp we will have a FA RB, Green, drafted RB, and winner of Walker and Taylor for the last spot.

HOU-TEX
02-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Who uses Pacific Time!!??? Took me an hour to take the 9 multiply by 3, divide by 2... carry the 1... ah what the hell, i give up- is that Midnight Central time!? haha only kidding...

As for the original question- the only rumor I have heard is that there was a deal in the works of us trading for a Running Back. Then that rumor kind of died and doesn't look to be valid. There is/was another rumor that we signed/have a deal in place with a Running Back. Don't know if there's any truth to that or who that player would be.

That shouldn't be a surprise though, I think there will be a lot of competition in Camp at the RB position. We have Green, Dayne (re-sign?), Walker, Taylor + we'll draft a RB probably pick up another UDFA RB, and sign a FA RB in the offseason. There's Arliss Beach- not sure if he's on the team or not but he's probably in the mix to. I just see us having no more than 4 RB's come the Reg. season and that being Green + Dayne + probably a drafted RB + probably Walker or Taylor. just my guess though

I think I'd be mildly upset if Dayne was brought back. Unless he'd come dirt cheap, he's not worth keeping around. The way I'd like to see things go down would be to draft a RB in round 3 or 4. Have Green, Taylor, Walker, the Rook and maybe some UDFA's go at it in camp. May the best three make the roster. Which IMO would end up like this: Green, the Rook and Taylor in no specific order. :cool:

There was just too many yards left on the field to justify bringing Dayne back. Everytime I watch a DVR'd game it aggravates the heck out of me.

:texflag:

Kaiser Toro
02-27-2008, 12:22 PM
For some reason, I don't think Dayne is going to be back. I remember hearing an interview with Kubiak (I think with the terrible Anna Megan) and he talked about all of our running backs except Dayne.

I think going into training camp we will have a FA RB, Green, drafted RB, and winner of Walker and Taylor for the last spot.

That is a plausible scenario.

bigbrewster2000
02-27-2008, 12:29 PM
I think I'd be mildly upset if Dayne was brought back. Unless he'd come dirt cheap, he's not worth keeping around. The way I'd like to see things go down would be to draft a RB in round 3 or 4. Have Green, Taylor, Walker, the Rook and maybe some UDFA's go at it in camp. May the best three make the roster. Which IMO would end up like this: Green, the Rook and Taylor in no specific order. :cool:

There was just too many yards left on the field to justify bringing Dayne back. Everytime I watch a DVR'd game it aggravates the heck out of me.

:texflag: He definantly would come dirt cheap. Vet minimum most likely just like the last 2 seasons. It would cost us about 1 mil for 1 season. Thats pretty reasonable.

El Tejano
02-27-2008, 12:30 PM
Something tells me that we need to keep Walker. Kid was a gamer.

HOU-TEX
02-27-2008, 12:40 PM
He definantly would come dirt cheap. Vet minimum most likely just like the last 2 seasons. It would cost us about 1 mil for 1 season. Thats pretty reasonable.

Eh, I think I'd still rather have somebody younger with potential. We know what we get with Dayne and IMO, it's not good enough.:cool:

buddyboy
02-27-2008, 02:35 PM
We get a semi-reliable back who has shown that he can contribute and NOT make stupid mistakes (fumble). Sure, we'd like someone younger with potential, but to give up on dayne who costs us almost nothing and has contributed so much in the last two seasons would be foolish IMO.

HOU-TEX
02-27-2008, 02:45 PM
We get a semi-reliable back who has shown that he can contribute and NOT make stupid mistakes (fumble). Sure, we'd like someone younger with potential, but to give up on dayne who costs us almost nothing and has contributed so much in the last two seasons would be foolish IMO.

Agree to disagree, I guess. You say he contributed so much in the past. I say there was so much more there that could've been contributed. I re-watch games quite often (when the wife and kids are out. lol) and the lack of vision is obvious. :cool:

threetoedpete
02-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Well you guys are probably correct. My veiw of Dayne is he is
our mudder. We get into a bad weather game...that is when he will earn his oats. Unless they draft Forte in the fourth or something...Dayne's not going anywhere. I think Walker and Taylor are the bubble guys, not Dayne.

TK_Gamer
02-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Agree to disagree, I guess. You say he contributed so much in the past. I say there was so much more there that could've been contributed. I re-watch games quite often (when the wife and kids are out. lol) and the lack of vision is obvious. :cool:

I think Kubiak sees all these shortcommings as well, but he and Smith I think will make decisions based on best return for investment. I dont think you can just discard every player that doesnt produce ideally. The fact of the matter is for his basicly "league min." sallary, Dayne has won games for the Texans. I think it will be at least 3 years before the running game can carry the fortunes of the Texans. I think hard work and some luck will get the Texans to the playoffs and our defense will have to carry the day from there untill the offense can catch up.

tulexan
02-27-2008, 03:00 PM
our mudder. We get into a bad weather game...that is when he will earn his oats. Unless they draft Forte in the fourth or something...Dayne's not going anywhere. I think Walker and Taylor are the bubble guys, not Dayne.

If they are going to draft Forte it's going to be in the 3rd. There's no way he will be around for our 4th round pick.

I wouldn't mind going after someone like Mewelde Moore (another Green Wave) in FA and drafting Kevin Smith or Forte in the 3rd.

drewmar74
02-27-2008, 03:01 PM
Here's a couple of rumors for you:

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/434805.html

Among safeties, New England's Eugene Wilson -- who also can play cornerback -- is on Miami's radar. Former Giants and Texans safety Will Demps wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with Miami, an associate said

The Dolphins figure to add at least one receiver from a list that includes Jerry Porter, Jabar Gaffney, Ernest Wilford, Andre Davis and Bryant Johnson. But the market will be high for Chicago's Bernard Berrian, who is being linked to the 49ers

TK_Gamer
02-27-2008, 03:02 PM

I agree, and I also think even if we did grab a guy like Forte, we would still keep Dayne until his replacement could learn the system.

TK_Gamer
02-27-2008, 03:05 PM

Among safeties, New England's Eugene Wilson -- who also can play cornerback -- is on Miami's radar. Former Giants and Texans safety Will Demps wouldn't be surprised if he ends up with Miami, an associate said

The Dolphins figure to add at least one receiver from a list that includes Jerry Porter, Jabar Gaffney, Ernest Wilford, Andre Davis and Bryant Johnson. But the market will be high for Chicago's Bernard Berrian, who is being linked to the 49ers

Looks more like wishfull thinking than rumor to me, I seriously doubt either of those guys will be leaving the Texans this year. IMHO

ChampionTexan
02-27-2008, 03:10 PM
Looks more like wishfull thinking than rumor to me, I seriously doubt either of those guys will be leaving the Texans this year. IMHO

I hope you're at least half right, and totally right would be even better!

beerlover
02-27-2008, 03:10 PM

The Texans have done everything right to send Andre Davis the message they want him back. his agent has convinced him other teams will spend more for his servies & pay they shall, but not the Texans :texflag:

drewmar74
02-27-2008, 03:14 PM
Here's more for you:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers022308.htm

Should Texans WR André Davis re-sign with the club, he could be overtaken as the club’s No. 3 receiver by Jacoby Jones, Houston’s third-round pick from a year ago, who flashed considerable potential in the preseason but didn’t play as well in the regular season. However, we’re hearing the Texans are open to paying Davis like a No. 3 receiver because of his value as a receiver and a kickoff returner.

The1ApplePie
02-27-2008, 03:23 PM
TJ Duckett would be a good, obscure pick up. A younger, more athletic Dayne that can be picked up at Vet Min. Also used to ZBS

Dallas_Texan
02-27-2008, 03:46 PM

Wow....Gaffney is listed beside Berrian, Davis, and Jerry Porter. Is it the end of the world yet?:elle:

YoungTexanFan
02-27-2008, 04:27 PM
I think we may try to bring in a CB like the Patriots Gay. The OTHER Patriots FA CB.

Insideop
02-27-2008, 04:37 PM

I have kinda felt the same way, that we will not be very active in FA, and probably only pick up 1 or 2 lesser names. But, the Texans, since Kubes and/or Smith have been running the show, always do something in the offseason to surprise us, either in the Draft or in FA. I know it's only been 2 years since they took over (Smith 1 1/2 yrs.), but look how they have surprised us both years. The 1st year it was picking Mario in the 1st round instead of Bush. That was a shocker that angered alot of fans, but in retrospect has turned out pretty well. Then last year it was the blockbuster trade for Schaub and dumping YKW. That one surprised us too because most were thinking we would draft a QB and have him backup YKW for a couple of years.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't be surprised if they pull off another shocker :shocked in the offseason. It always comes when you least expect it. JMHO! :texflag:

Overalls
02-27-2008, 05:02 PM
Here's more for you:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2008/whispers022308.htm

Should Texans WR André Davis re-sign with the club, he could be overtaken as the club’s No. 3 receiver by Jacoby Jones, Houston’s third-round pick from a year ago, who flashed considerable potential in the preseason but didn’t play as well in the regular season. However, we’re hearing the Texans are open to paying Davis like a No. 3 receiver because of his value as a receiver and a kickoff returner.

Can there really be much of a difference between #3 money and #4 money? As much as I like Jacoby, I think that battle will have to be won on the field.

badboy
02-27-2008, 05:24 PM
I have kinda felt the same way, that we will not be very active in FA, and probably only pick up 1 or 2 lesser names. But, the Texans, since Kubes and/or Smith have been running the show, always do something in the offseason to surprise us, either in the Draft or in FA. I know it's only been 2 years since they took over (Smith 1 1/2 yrs.), but look how they have surprised us both years. The 1st year it was picking Mario in the 1st round instead of Bush. That was a shocker that angered alot of fans, but in retrospect has turned out pretty well. Then last year it was the blockbuster trade for Schaub and dumping YKW. That one surprised us too because most were thinking we would draft a QB and have him backup YKW for a couple of years.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't be surprised if they pull off another shocker :shocked in the offseason. It always comes when you least expect it. JMHO! :texflag:from your lips to smith's ears.

pappy
02-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Think you're spot on.

not me ! if we go with the zone system that gibbs is famous for it could mean less fullback and more hb .

b0ng
02-27-2008, 09:34 PM
Can there really be much of a difference between #3 money and #4 money? As much as I like Jacoby, I think that battle will have to be won on the field.

I think Davis's agent has him convinced that he will get #2 money from a club somewhere. The Bucs, Jags, and Chiefs could all use Davis's services, and I know the Jags and the Bucs could probably outbid us if it came down to it.

Maybe we'll pick up Flowers or somebody like that with our pick.

ArlingtonTexan
02-27-2008, 10:52 PM

I would say yes. Davis is in his late 20s and this could be his last contract. WR 4 money is probably veteran minimum with a minimal signing bonus. If he is able to get even a decent signing bonus and/or "just" 200,000 or 300,000 a year more, that is potentially huge for how he sets up the rest of his life.

DocBar
02-27-2008, 11:54 PM
I would say yes. Davis is in his late 20s and this could be his last contract. WR 4 money is probably veteran minimum with a minimal signing bonus. If he is able to get even a decent signing bonus and/or "just" 200,000 or 300,000 a year more, that is potentially huge for how he sets up the rest of his life. Davis is looking to hit a pay day. Our best hope is that he prices himself out of the market. Jones could MAYBE fill his shoes, but he was never the same after his injury. Some people don't respond well to violent hits and a KR/PR DEFINITELY gets some violent hits. I say pay Davis what he wants because he showed hands as good as Walters PLUS intangibles and return abilities. After all the wasted money spent on various players over the years, why not spend some on a guy that can actually help the team. Maybe we could sue Carr for impersonating an NFL QB and reoup the $$...

b0ng
02-28-2008, 01:06 AM
Davis is looking to hit a pay day. Our best hope is that he prices himself out of the market. Jones could MAYBE fill his shoes, but he was never the same after his injury. Some people don't respond well to violent hits and a KR/PR DEFINITELY gets some violent hits. I say pay Davis what he wants because he showed hands as good as Walters PLUS intangibles and return abilities. After all the wasted money spent on various players over the years, why not spend some on a guy that can actually help the team. Maybe we could sue Carr for impersonating an NFL QB and reoup the $$...

I think Rick Smith would be doing Mr. McNair a disservice if he let Davis bend the Texans over the barrel because of his contract. The fact is, that even if this is Davis's last contract, he's bounced around the league enough to know that any team that signs him to something better than #3 WR money, will expect him to bring it every game. I think the Texans would give him at least a year or so if for some reason he doesn't perform as well as he did last season.

I'm not worried about Davis honestly. If he thinks he can get over-the-top money then so be it, but I don't want the Texans to overpay him. Yes he is a nice return man to have, but it's not like we are totally devoid of KR players. Plus we still have to draft, so might as well let him run around the FA market seeing what he can get.

kiwitexansfan
02-28-2008, 01:25 AM
Our current front office is too smart to be blackmailed by a one season wonder.

We made him, we can find someone else and make them too.

TK_Gamer
02-28-2008, 01:36 AM
we have one of the best ST coaches in the league and 2 maybe 3 young recievers that could step in. I wouldnt pay him any more than hes worth, no.3 money.

Maddict5
02-28-2008, 07:23 AM
heres a Q: if we could only keep one of AD or demps for reasonable money, who would you want to keep?

id say demps- jacoby can replace AD alot easier than replacing demps imo...

brickman
02-28-2008, 07:47 AM
heres a Q: if we could only keep one of AD or demps for reasonable money, who would you want to keep?

I'm with you Maddict...... Demps.... it's a no brainer. Jacoby is young and in a year or two will be much better than AD IMO.

ObsiWan
02-28-2008, 08:12 AM
we have one of the best ST coaches in the league and 2 maybe 3 young recievers that could step in. I wouldnt pay him any more than hes worth, no.3 money.

Hmmm... I agree with all who say, let him "test the waters" and if some knucklehead GM wants to pay him big bucks, more power to him.

I'll say it this way, I wouldn't pay him a whole lot more than we're paying Kevin Walter. And the only reason he's worth a bit more than KW is he does represent a threat at KR.

Mike Kerns
02-28-2008, 08:15 AM
Lets not get involved in yet ANOTHER bad contract. Id hate to see AD go, but it isnt like we dont have the parts to plug in if he walks. Id rather keep some other players over him.

ObsiWan
02-28-2008, 08:30 AM
I seem to recall hearing Jevon Kearse getting cut by the Iggles...? But neither ESpin nor Fox has it listed under "Transactions"

Is that right?

I found this on the Iggles webpage
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/JevonKearsePlayerProfile.asp
Now Kearse -- and the Eagles, for that matter -- are at a crossroads. He must find a way to get healthy. Meanwhile, Philadelphia must keep its options open at a position so critical in today's NFL. The lack of a consistent pass rush in 2007 certainly played a part in the team coming up with just 19 takeaways on the season.
Still, for two seasons Kearse was a steady defensive end who recorded 7 ½ sacks each year. He had his moments, just not enough. Defensive coordinator Jim Johnson often lauded Kearse as someone who played with energy, played hard against the run and was durable.
Speculation is that the Eagles will part ways with Kearse, but that speculation is all on the outside. There has been no official word from the team. And now here we are, waiting to see what happens

badboy
02-28-2008, 09:00 AM
Not sure if anyone else heard what I did today (Thurs 28th)? On one of the Houston morning radio sports blurbs (Jeremy?) AD's agent said he thought the Texans were committed to offering Andre the maximum and that Andre and his family have "finally" have found a home in Houston. This was a positive note for me. He should test the market as stupid money may be available, but I hope Davis remains at a reasonable price.

badboy
02-28-2008, 09:05 AM
Well, there is one free agent they are definately NOT interested in . . .

Look what Asante Samuel wants! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=850405&postcount=1)OK, You are Samuel and it is your time to get a deal to set you up for life. You see the deals given to Reggie Bush and Mario (whose guarantee was pretty close to $30 million if I remember correctly). Then you see what Nate Clemmons got and you just know you are better than him (and 2007 confirmed it). It is stupid money only if the checks do not have your name on it. Can't blame the player. Teams make business decisions daily.

The1ApplePie
02-28-2008, 09:06 AM
If the Texans can land Slaton in the 4th or even 5th, he can replace AD on special teams

ChampionTexan
02-28-2008, 09:25 AM

To me that's easy - if Davis leaves, we still feel pretty good about our WR situation. If Demps stays, we still need help in the defensive backfield. If it's only one, it's Demps.

Kaiser Toro
02-28-2008, 09:26 AM
OK, You are Samuel and it is your time to get a deal to set you up for life. You see the deals given to Reggie Bush and Mario (whose guarantee was pretty close to $30 million if I remember correctly). Then you see what Nate Clemmons got and you just know you are better than him (and 2007 confirmed it). It is stupid money only if the checks do not have your name on it. Can't blame the player. Teams make business decisions daily.

Unfortunately it takes two to tango and Bush and Clements have not provided a great return to date. Buyers will beware.

hadaad
02-28-2008, 09:39 AM
I wonder if we'll bring Mike Anderson in to kick his tires.

If you don't think someone's going to pay Samuel big bucks, take a look at the embarrassment of Jason David. New Orleans will pay Samuel the money he's asking for, I think.

The1ApplePie
02-28-2008, 09:44 AM
If you don't think someone's going to pay Samuel big bucks, take a look at the embarrassment of Jason David. New Orleans will pay Samuel the money he's asking for, I think.

Samuel is Jason David 2.0, so I hope not

Maddict5
02-28-2008, 10:08 AM
from the cryptkeeper:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=3267228

The Texans' Andre Davis is also going to make $5 million a year, and no one is 100 percent certain he's a starter.

WesmanTexanfan
02-28-2008, 10:17 AM
:whip: :splits: Tonight at 11!!!:whip: :splits: :whip: :splits:

infantrycak
02-28-2008, 10:18 AM
At $5 mil--no. The Bears are offering Berrian $5 mil per year. And the cryptkeeper thinks AD is going to get more than Stallworth?

bah007
02-28-2008, 10:35 AM
If the Texans can land Slaton in the 4th or even 5th, he can replace AD on special teams

I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket considering Slaton returned all of two kicks/punts in his college career.

threetoedpete
02-28-2008, 04:38 PM
I wouldn't put all my eggs in that basket considering Slaton returned all of two kicks/punts in his college career.

Now that Davis is resigned...I highly doubt they take a WR above a fifth now. The only type of guy they truly need is someone to play specail teams. Specificlly someone to block the other teams gunners on punt returns to give J.J. that one step. Whoever we got ain't cutting it. They're stealing from Mr. McNair.