PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Leaf: The Movie

The1ApplePie
02-22-2008, 02:48 PM
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0923771/

Tim Carr as Ryan Leaf
Keita Crespina as Rodney Harrison

This is a semi-biographical account of the short NFL career of quarterback Ryan Leaf, who was one of the most highly-rated quarterbacks entered in the NFL's 1998 player draft and was considered a lock as first or second choice. Leaf was chosen second, by the San Diego Chargers, but signs of trouble surfaced behind the scenes when, in answer to a question about how he would handle being such a high draft choice, Leaf proclaimed he would take some buddies to Las Vegas and celebrate madly. It quickly became clear Leaf lacked maturity to lead, and after winning his first two games of the 1998 season his efforts collapsed in a dreadful loss to Kansas City, followed by an infamous screaming encounter with a local reporter and a perfunctory public apology. Leaf never accepted the responsibilities of being a leader, constantly quarreling with seemingly anyone around him, and injury benched him for the 1999 season; when his replacement, Moses Moreno, was himself injured early in 2000, Leaf became the Chargers' starter and proved abysmal as a quarterback with just one win in sixteen games. He was cut after 2000 and finished his career as a low-ranked backup in Dallas in 2001 before disappearing from the NFL altogether, his career considered the worst in the history of the NFL.

MeLoveTexans
02-22-2008, 04:12 PM
well i guess the movie can't be as bad as his NFL career. come to think of it, i would rather repeatedly get punched in the face then sit through a movie on one of the biggest douchebags to ever play in the NFL.. What's the problem, the studio couldn't get the rights to the Quincy Carter story? Now that would be ENTERTAINMENT!:sarcasm:

:brickwall: <- more fun than this movie could hope to be

feebleminded
02-22-2008, 04:35 PM
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0923771/
Tim Carr as Ryan Leaf

Yeah unfortunately we have already seen the "Carr as Ryan Leaf story".
The big difference is our "viewing" was 5 years versus 2 hours.

disaacks3
02-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Just reading the title nearly made me gag...

What's next...a mini-series on Brian Bosworth?:gun:

Carr Bombed
02-22-2008, 05:21 PM
well i guess the movie can't be as bad as his NFL career. come to think of it, i would rather repeatedly get punched in the face then sit through a movie on one of the biggest douchebags to ever play in the NFL.. What's the problem, the studio couldn't get the rights to the Quincy Carter story? Now that would be ENTERTAINMENT!:sarcasm:

:brickwall: <- more fun than this movie could hope to be

Just because the guy washed out of the league, that doesn't make him a "douchebag", some people just can't handle all that pressure and media attention.

If you've followed his story since he left the league he's been far from a douchebag and one of the reasons why I hope this movie doesn't just bag on him and make him look like a dumbass........people fail every day (and I'm sure you've failed miserably at something before too), but only a few have the courage to not give up, get back up and prevail at something else.

Ryan Leaf seems like a alright dude to me....he's done alot of growing up over the years.

drewmar74
02-22-2008, 05:26 PM
I don't need to see the movie.... I lived it.

"How?" you ask. Well....

I.....

I am.....

*sighs*

I am Ryan Leaf.

Carr Bombed
02-22-2008, 05:31 PM
I don't need to see the movie.... I lived it.

"How?" you ask. Well....

I.....

I am.....

*sighs*

I am Ryan Leaf.

Are you "THE" Ryan Leaf or are you just "Ryan Leaf", like that guy on office space who was Michael Bolton.......before there was "THE" Michael Bolton.

drewmar74
02-22-2008, 06:26 PM
Are you "THE" Ryan Leaf or are you just "Ryan Leaf", like that guy on office space who was Michael Bolton.......before there was "THE" Michael Bolton.

I'll give you a hint.

I am, in fact, a "no talent ass clown"

J-Russ
02-22-2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah unfortunately we have already seen the "Carr as Ryan Leaf story".
The big difference is our "viewing" was 5 years versus 2 hours.

:laughjump:

Them Carr jokes never gets old.