PDA

View Full Version : PFT Mock Draft v1.0

Texans34Life
02-21-2008, 10:34 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008MockDraft1.0.htm

18. Houston Texans: Derrick Harvey, defensive end, Florida.

Ole Miss Texan
02-21-2008, 10:40 PM
Yikes... I'm all for people adding their little spice to mocks and trying to be different than every other one. BUT I have to say ... I don't know what to say. Felix Jones @ 6????

bah007
02-21-2008, 11:35 PM
Yikes... I'm all for people adding their little spice to mocks and trying to be different than every other one. BUT I have to say ... I don't know what to say. Felix Jones @ 6????

Not to mention these other anomalies:

#12 - Quentin Groves
#23 - Letroy Guion
#31 - Jordan Dizon

threetoedpete
02-21-2008, 11:48 PM
PFW has them taking a tackle.....Charles Davis has them taking the DT from North Carolina. . Hollywood John McClain hints that they'll take the RB yesterday. The only thing certain about the Texan's 18 is if Smith gets a credible offer with this class, he will move down.

threetoedpete
02-21-2008, 11:52 PM

What the hell are they going to do with a 245 pound 3-4 LB ? Or are we switching back again ? Of all the stuff I've seen slung at the mock boards for the Texan's, this has to be the worst. Congratulations profootball talk you just proved you don't have a clue.

PHAROAH
02-22-2008, 09:49 AM
I still think the Texans will go for a CB or RB in the 1st round and it all depends on who falls to 18. If Leodis Mckelvin falls down he is our guy if not then if Mendenhall is there he is the pick.

Lucky
02-22-2008, 10:11 AM
Not to mention these other anomalies:
#12 - Quinton Groves

Quinton Groves a talented player who will go higher than a lot of these draft sites think. Mid 1st round is a real possibility.

As far as the PFT pick of Harvey, I don't think he makes it to #18. Edge rushers like Harvey & Groves are commodities the NFL can't get enough of.

bah007
02-22-2008, 10:15 AM
Quinton Groves a talented player who will go higher than a lot of these draft sites think. Mid 1st round is a real possibility.

As far as the PFT pick of Harvey, I don't think he makes it to #18. Edge rushers like Harvey & Groves are commodities the NFL can't get enough of.

He'a a talented player. I'll give you that.

I just think his lack of production last year will scare teams away from taking him that early.

YoungTexanFan
02-22-2008, 12:24 PM
Harvey is a very good talent, as is Groves, but I would be disappointed if we pass on Campbell for Harvey. Campbell is Mario light, but a much better natual pass rusher, ie, perfect for RDE.

Vinny
02-22-2008, 12:46 PM

also, Kenechi Udeze has leukemia and Harvey is too good to pass up. He is long and quick and will be a pretty good WDE as he fills out.

eriadoc
02-22-2008, 01:04 PM
He'a a talented player. I'll give you that.

I just think his lack of production last year will scare teams away from taking him that early.

Not once he impresses at the combine. Football instincts and production on film almost always takes a back seat to sexy combine numbers.

tulexan
02-22-2008, 02:22 PM
This is a pathetic mock draft. He should stick to posting rumors because he has no idea what he is doing.

Insideop
02-23-2008, 04:54 PM
I still think the Texans will go for a CB or RB in the 1st round and it all depends on who falls to 18. If Leodis Mckelvin falls down he is our guy if not then if Mendenhall is there he is the pick.

What if both are gone by #18? :thinking: :gun: