PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Pastorini/Brazile re: Hall of Fame

Texans_Chick
02-13-2008, 04:01 PM
For you Oilers old-timers, you might find this of interest:

Should Oiler Linebacker Robert Brazile Get a Spot in Canton? (http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2008/02/13/should-oiler-linebacker-robert-brazile-get-a-spot-in-canton/)

If you feel strongly about this subject, please leave a comment over there. This is the sort of video that can be emailed to people.

Both Pastorini and Brazile were very cordial in letting me get them on video and talking to them.

Texan_Bill
02-13-2008, 04:03 PM
YES for Brazile... No for Pastorini...

Before there was LT, there was Dr. Doom!!!!

Pastorini's career numbers are mediocre at best. Now if they have a medical wing for the HOF, Dante should get an honorable mention after he wore the newly invented flak-jacket.... jiust saying..

Thanks for starting this TC!

eriadoc
02-13-2008, 05:49 PM
Bum was on the radio talking about Brazile this past season. He noted that his team was the first to play the 3-4 down in and down out, and Brazile is why that worked. He was the original LT, and Bum was unapologetic in stating it that way.

Texan_Bill
02-13-2008, 06:29 PM
Bum was on the radio talking about Brazile this past season. He noted that his team was the first to play the 3-4 down in and down out, and Brazile is why that worked. He was the original LT, and Bum was unapologetic in stating it that way.

Thats why Wade has been a 3-4 guy all this time. He was the Oilers D-line coach from '75 to 1980(?)ish... Imagine coaching the likes of Elvin Bethea, Curly Culp, Tim Rossovich and Bubba Smith to name a few?

Texans_Chick
02-13-2008, 07:21 PM
YES for Brazile... No for Pastorini...

Before there was LT, there was Dr. Doom!!!!

Pastorini's career numbers are mediocre at best. Now if they have a medical wing for the HOF, Dante should get an honorable mention after he wore the newly invented flak-jacket.... jiust saying..

Thanks for starting this TC!

Pastorini merely spoke for the Luv Ya Blue Oilers he thought should be in. Brazile is a good candidate, and an argument could be made for Curly Culp. Brazile's case is a funny one because he played for one team his entire career, a now defunct team.

Texans_Chick
02-14-2008, 09:15 AM
I appreciate any more of you who have memories of Brazile putting a few comments on the blog post. After a few more, I think I am going to email it to a few people.

rickyb
02-20-2008, 11:36 PM
Thats why Wade has been a 3-4 guy all this time. He was the Oilers D-line coach from '75 to 1980(?)ish... Imagine coaching the likes of Elvin Bethea, Curly Culp, Tim Rossovich and Bubba Smith to name a few?

Yeah, but...imagine working for your dad. Dinner conversation could get a little awkward after pop balled you out for not stunting and blitzing or whatever. :)