PDA

View Full Version : GBN Mock Draft FEB 6

beerlover
02-06-2008, 02:10 PM
http://www.gbnreport.com/3-roundprojection.html

18 Houston Felix Jones RB Arkansas

don't see it but he would give the Texans an explosive RB.

threetoedpete
02-06-2008, 02:19 PM
I believe...my opinion...that Darren McFaddin made Felix Jones. And when you get the guy out of the spread he's going to struggle. For me this is the Tony Hollings pick daja vu. And I guess this means that Green is hurt worse than anyone is letting on. 6'0' 200 pounds. I see it now, he's mocked Stewart and Mendenhall off the board....we need a Rb, they all suck at this point in the draft. Stick them with the tatter tot. At least it wasn't an OG.

threetoedpete
02-06-2008, 02:24 PM
After further review....four Ots in the first, four in the second. Collins is off the board at the end of the second.

tulexan
02-06-2008, 02:36 PM
I believe...my opinion...that Darren McFaddin made Felix Jones. And when you get the guy out of the spread he's going to struggle. For me this is the Tony Hollings pick daja vu. And I guess this means that Green is hurt worse than anyone is letting on. 6'0' 200 pounds. I see it now, he's mocked Stewart and Mendenhall off the board....we need a Rb, they all suck at this point in the draft. Stick them with the tatter tot. At least it wasn't an OG.

I think Felix Jones and Darren McFadden made each other. They are both explosive threats that required extra attention on every play. They will both be solid players in the NFL, but I think that Mendenhall and Stewart will be better than them.

Grams
02-06-2008, 02:37 PM
The Texans will not draft a RB in the first round, regardless of how many people who do mock drafts think we will. The Texans will wait to draft a RB in the 3-7 rounds.

beerlover
02-06-2008, 02:39 PM
with impressive combine forty impressive Senior bowl & blowing away teams in personel workouts no way Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie lasts til the 30th pick. the Texans would be lucky to get him & address CB. might surprise some people, myself included but I've read somewhere he has run a 4.35. speed kills along with that wingspan- UNBELEIVABLE :beer:

threetoedpete
02-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Thank you. I keep reading these and I think they've got some sort of insider stuff we don't.

Well what Is going to be fun if they do take Felix the cat...is watching the guy catch the ball out of the back feild and picking up blitzes. Gonna be a hoot. enjoy it.

O.K. you sold me .....

there wasn't a dimes bit of difference netween Erick Dickerson and Craig James...I guess you could say James made Dickerson.

Nawzer
02-06-2008, 02:46 PM
Just a friendly reminder: This year's NFL draft will be held on April 26th to 27th. Today is February 6th. :hides:

badboy
02-06-2008, 02:50 PM
The Texans will not draft a RB in the first round, regardless of how many people who do mock drafts think we will. The Texans will wait to draft a RB in the 3-7 rounds.And your opinion is worth the same as mine or anyone elses. If the draft breaks as stated through # 17, I would push Dallas for a trade for their two 1sts. I would then select Jamall Charles and Anthony Hollings. Both should do well in ZBS. But that is my opinion.

tulexan
02-06-2008, 02:52 PM
The Texans will not draft a RB in the first round, regardless of how many people who do mock drafts think we will. The Texans will wait to draft a RB in the 3-7 rounds.

I agree. I think we will address CB in the first round and RB in the third. Hopefully Forte will be there in the third, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

beerlover
02-06-2008, 03:19 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft2.html also has Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie going to GB #30, but the Texans drafting Kenny Phillips.

badboy
02-06-2008, 03:25 PM
I agree. I think we will address CB in the first round and RB in the third. Hopefully Forte will be there in the third, but I'm not getting my hopes up.You think the Texans will not go CB in FA?

beerlover
02-06-2008, 03:26 PM
I think this one http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php gets it right.

Polo
02-06-2008, 03:34 PM
I'd like to see Dan Connor at 18.

Goldensilence
02-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Barring a GREAT combine I don't think Sweed goes 1st round.

Are the rams that high on Long?

Suddenly after facing one of the best front fours now everyone has NE going OT? I still think they are more looking to add to an aging Defense.

Not sure the bears need a RB nearly as much as they need to start thinking about QB and the Vikings seem to be ok with Tavaris Jackson for now developing.

Don't see Keith Rivers dropping to the Chargers.

Cason will NOT drop into the second round.

beerlover
02-06-2008, 03:38 PM
I'd like to see Dan Connor at 18.

not bpa @ #18

notice all three mocks posted on this thread alone seem to think the Giants will select him with the 31st pick.

Polo
02-06-2008, 03:39 PM
not bpa @ #18

notice all three mocks posted on this thread alone seem to think the Giants will select him with the 31st pick.

It's the beggining of Febuary.

Why don't we look at last years Febuary mocks and compare them to the actual drafts.

At this point most anything is within the realm of possibility.

I don't see where Dan Connor at 18 is that much a stretch.

beerlover
02-06-2008, 03:52 PM
It's the beggining of Febuary.

Why don't we look at last years Febuary mocks and compare them to the actual drafts.

At this point most anything is within the realm of possibility.

I don't see where Dan Connor at 18 is that much a stretch.

DeMeco case in point available with 33rd pick :shades:

Ole Miss Texan
02-06-2008, 04:01 PM
I like GBN report but here's some interesting notes:

1. LT Chris Williams at 12 to Denver...this guys slowly creeping up into the 1st and is now going 12!

2. I'm okay if we drafted Felix Jones, preferably in a trade down. However there are other players I would definitly draft before him. I think Jones will be a good RB in the nfl if he's splitting carries which is the popular thing to do now.

OLB Keith Rivers
CB Antoine Cason (I look at him hard at 18...if he's still there at 50 I think about trading up for him)
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Aqib Talib

V3rm0nt3r
02-06-2008, 04:07 PM
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft2.html also has Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie going to GB #30, but the Texans drafting Kenny Phillips.

Don't trust them.

a week before the draft last year they had Gonzales going to us in the 3rd.

i got my hopes up to...:wild:

threetoedpete
02-06-2008, 04:11 PM
I think this one http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php gets it right.

Well i wrote him nasty little note last week. Maybe it took. That's what I keep talking bout. BPA ? I dunno. What I do know is he has an outtanding chance to lock down the CB 1 for a couple of years and be locked and loaded for a super bowl run at FS in '10. That's value. and I take him every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Why ? Because out of the box he is a better athlete than Phillips will ever dream to be. That's value. I got a feeling the Titans are going to grab him.

And lookie who fell to # 79.
I've liked Butler for awhile now....O-line is going to be fun. Gibbs will earn his oats for sure.

Polo
02-06-2008, 04:44 PM
If I were the Dolphins I'd offer Philly my first overall for McNabb, their first, second, and fifth.

Win-Win for both clubs.

Philly could grab McFadden or Dorsey, or Long or whoever. Insert Kolb at QB and let the good times roll.

Dolphins would get a QB and some picks to add young players to their roster; and still have a first round pick.

Polo
02-06-2008, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't mind Rogers-Cromartie either...

In fact I'd prefer him over Connor...

But those two are my top two choices at the moment...

Go RB,OL, or DE in the third...

beerlover
02-06-2008, 08:11 PM
nobody knows the pulse of their team like the fans, well except for people within the organization of course. from all the mocks I look at Waltersfootball always seems the most current, they make a ton of adjustments with every breaking news or important draft related event. they also have an excellent data base to review & its free.

for accurate prospect profiles you need to step up to a good all-around pay draft site like NFL Draft Scout. if the draft is your thing, like mine invest hog wild & subscribe to ourlads or better personel paid departments.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie could be the best player on the board @ #18 but alot of that is projection like Okoye last year. makes a lot of sense if his speed measures up as mentioned. we already saw what he could do against top college talent, own it. given the Texans #1 need this offseason is cb & the available free agents are hardly going to be free then this is a no brainer decision, if he's there.

my Texans 1st rd. draft board right now would look like :)

McKelvin- CB
Jenkins- CB
Cromartie- CB
Williams- LT
Collins- LT
McKelvin

Dallas_Texan
02-07-2008, 04:24 PM
nobody knows the pulse of their team like the fans, well except for people within the organization of course. from all the mocks I look at Waltersfootball always seems the most current, they make a ton of adjustments with every breaking news or important draft related event. they also have an excellent data base to review & its free.

for accurate prospect profiles you need to step up to a good all-around pay draft site like NFL Draft Scout. if the draft is your thing, like mine invest hog wild & subscribe to ourlads or better personel paid departments.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie could be the best player on the board @ #18 but alot of that is projection like Okoye last year. makes a lot of sense if his speed measures up as mentioned. we already saw what he could do against top college talent, own it. given the Texans #1 need this offseason is cb & the available free agents are hardly going to be free then this is a no brainer decision, if he's there.

my Texans 1st rd. draft board right now would look like :)

McKelvin- CB
Jenkins- CB
Cromartie- CB
Williams- LT
Collins- LT
McKelvin

I would cross off the first three picks, b/c I really think we will get a CB in FA. I don't think CB will be an issue much longer. What's the first day we can sign? Feb 29th? If so, I bet we have one by March 3rd! Then I'm looking at LT in the first! You like Collins more than Sam Baker? I don't know enough about Collins yet, embarrassingly enough.

02-07-2008, 04:42 PM
i think jones is gonna be a good one and i'd like this pick, but i don't think we'll go this route.

Spled
02-07-2008, 06:43 PM
I don't expect Leodis to drop to 18. As an athlete he grades at the freak level and someone will draft that potential.

Bulluck53
02-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Don't see Keith Rivers dropping to the Chargers.

Cason will NOT drop into the second round.

Guarantee we would take Rivers if he was there.... but he won't drop to us at 24 much less to SD.

This is the second mock I've seen that puts Cason as a second round pick (the other he was a late-second rounder to boot)

threetoedpete
02-08-2008, 03:00 AM
I would cross off the first three picks, b/c I really think we will get a CB in FA. I don't think CB will be an issue much longer. What's the first day we can sign? Feb 29th? If so, I bet we have one by March 3rd! Then I'm looking at LT in the first! You like Collins more than Sam Baker? I don't know enough about Collins yet, embarrassingly enough.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/sn/20080125/sp_sn/super99rankingthenflstopfreeagents

Well there's the list.
Raiders just tagged Nnamdi Asomugha. The point being it's a long way from hope untill the money is in the bank. Samuels is going to cost $$$$.

Goldensilence
02-08-2008, 08:39 AM
Guarantee we would take Rivers if he was there.... but he won't drop to us at 24 much less to SD.

This is the second mock I've seen that puts Cason as a second round pick (the other he was a late-second rounder to boot)

If Connor Falls there do you guys take him? Or do you think the Offense there needs more help?

YoungTexanFan
02-08-2008, 10:22 AM
I don't think Conors is even the best at his position. I do not believe he presents near value at 18.

PHAROAH
02-08-2008, 10:41 AM
The Texans will not draft a RB in the first round, regardless of how many people who do mock drafts think we will. The Texans will wait to draft a RB in the 3-7 rounds.That is why our running game is so weak because we keep drafting inferior talent on the offensive side of the ball and keep thinking we can draft potential franchise running backs late. Sometimes that method work well but a lot of times you just do what needs to be done and draft an impact offensive weapon early.

Polo
02-08-2008, 11:14 AM
That is why our running game is so weak because we keep drafting inferior talent on the offensive side of the ball and keep thinking we can draft potential franchise running backs late.

That would imply that our defense is good.

Both sides of the ball have positives and both sides have negatives. Neither side of the ball are play-off caliber at this point.

Polo
02-08-2008, 11:16 AM
I don't think Conors is even the best at his position. I do not believe he presents near value at 18.

DC will go somewhere around 18 once he combines it out and has his pro-day.

Specnatz
02-08-2008, 11:19 AM
That is why our running game is so weak because we keep drafting inferior talent on the offensive side of the ball and keep thinking we can draft potential franchise running backs late. Sometimes that method work well but a lot of times you just do what needs to be done and draft an impact offensive weapon early.

True, but you could also say the samething about the secondary. Name one player who is going toplay in the secondary next year who was drafted above the 4th round?

YoungTexanFan
02-08-2008, 11:41 AM
DC will go somewhere around 18 once he combines it out and has his pro-day.

There are some other OLBs that will rise above him after combine and pro days. Rivers, Henderson, and the VT OLB whose name escapes me at this moment. They will all test better and at least Rivers and Henderson are already rated above him according to most who follow the draft process.

beerlover
02-08-2008, 12:17 PM
There are some other OLBs that will rise above him after combine and pro days. Rivers, Henderson, and the VT OLB whose name escapes me at this moment. They will all test better and at least Rivers and Henderson are already rated above him according to most who follow the draft process.

Rivers is #1 rated OLB (4-3) while Connors is #1 ILB prospect (4-3 or 3-4) that gives Connors added value (he could also fit OLB in a 4-3). I wonder if teams overlook him somewhat because of silly combine stats (size & speed) slighting on field production. reminds me alot of DeMeco Ryans who fell out of the 1st rd. into the Texans lap #33.

Polo
02-08-2008, 12:22 PM

We shall see.

infantrycak
02-08-2008, 12:28 PM
True, but you could also say the samething about the secondary. Name one player who is going toplay in the secondary next year who was drafted above the 4th round?

Michael Boulware--2nd
Jamar Fletcher--1st

But, yes--none by the Texans other than if/when Dunta comes back.

Specnatz
02-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Michael Boulware--2nd
Jamar Fletcher--1st

But, yes--none by the Texans other than if/when Dunta comes back.

And neither will be starting. I am just one of those that at this point The Texans need so much more that RB in the would not be as much of a bennifit as OL or DB and OLB for that matter.

Second Honeymoon
02-08-2008, 04:25 PM
I think Phillips or the best CB prospect would help us next year more than Felix Jones will. I say we roll out Walker, Green, and Dayne next year and see what happens. It's pretty much common knowledge that its so much easier finding good RB talent later in the draft than just about any skill position. i think we stick with that logic and give our current guys another go with Gibbs here. I liked what Walker showed in limited duty last year, maybe I am in the minority on that, but I did.

Ole Miss Texan
02-08-2008, 04:41 PM
I think Phillips or the best CB prospect would help us next year more than Felix Jones will. I say we roll out Walker, Green, and Dayne next year and see what happens. It's pretty much common knowledge that its so much easier finding good RB talent later in the draft than just about any skill position. i think we stick with that logic and give our current guys another go with Gibbs here. I liked what Walker showed in limited duty last year, maybe I am in the minority on that, but I did.

I actually think drafting a RB like Mendenhall or Stewart would make the most impact for next season but I don't know if that's the best long term idea for the club. I think finding a CB or LT our first pick would be the best long term solution. While Green,Dayne, Walker aren't as exciting- I'm fine with it next season so long as our OL and/or Secondary is getting built up. Throw in a later round RB and we'll be fine.

bah007
02-08-2008, 04:50 PM
I actually think drafting a RB like Mendenhall or Stewart would make the most impact for next season but I don't know if that's the best long term idea for the club. I think finding a CB or LT our first pick would be the best long term solution. While Green,Dayne, Walker aren't as exciting- I'm fine with it next season so long as our OL and/or Secondary is getting built up. Throw in a later round RB and we'll be fine.

As deep as the RB class is, this has to be the year that we can wait til the 4th round and still get a quality runner.

I want a DB or a LT in the first & I wouldnt cry if they grabbed a RB in the 3rd.

Bulluck53
02-08-2008, 07:24 PM
If Connor Falls there do you guys take him? Or do you think the Offense there needs more help?

I don't know, im not really a draft guy. All I know is that Rivers is nasty and if he's there we will take him. We can get a quality WR/TE in the second.

threetoedpete
02-11-2008, 01:53 AM

http://www.draftking.com/nfl/2008/mockdraft.shtml

18. Houston Texans - Reggie Smith, CB, Oklahoma
The facts: Houston doesn't have its second round pick in this draft; that selection belongs to Atlanta. Despite a mediocre rushing game, this is a loaded draft at RB, and even in the third round the Texans could get a quality back. The Texans also have Ahman Green under a big contract, one that was foolish (in my opinion) to sign a 30 year old running back to last year, but one that they are nonetheless stuck with (unless they want to take a huge salary cap hit.) Star CB Dunta Robinson is recovering from a severe injury, one where he not only tore ligaments in his knee, but where his hamstring literally tore off the bone.

Houston is in a loaded division, one that looks to be no less tough in 2008. And while a running back like Jonathan Stewart might be quite tempting, the reality is that the Texans cannot ignore the cornerback position.

Free agency may be the cure for that, and it's possible that Houston will get into the Asante Samuel sweepstakes. Trading down probably makes the most sense, but in this spot and without finding a suitable corner via free agency, I don't see how the Texans can ignore their CB need.

Despite suffering a broken toe in the Big XII Title game, Smith proved enough during the season to earn his status as a likely first round pick. And with the need that the Texans have at corner, Smith makes perfect since for the position.