PDA

View Full Version : Feb. 6th - National Signing Day

bah007
02-05-2008, 01:38 PM
I have a friend that is in close on the Darrell Scott situation & he is telling me that DS has chosen Texas, but MOST of his family is NOT happy with his choice.

He skipped school today to talk to his family some more about what would be best for him. The big draw for Colorado right now is that his uncle plays for them & the campus is A LOT closer than UT.

Also heard from my brother (obsessive Michigan fan) that Terrelle Pryor will be waiting until National Signing Day for BASKETBALL to announce his decision. He is allowed to do this because some of the schools that are chasing him are offering to let him be a two-sport athlete, especially Oregon.

Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Specnatz
02-05-2008, 01:51 PM
I have a friend that is in close on the Darrell Scott situation & he is telling me that DS has chosen Texas, but MOST of his family is NOT happy with his choice.

He skipped school today to talk to his family some more about what would be best for him. The big draw for Colorado right now is that his uncle plays for them & the campus is A LOT closer than UT.

Also heard from my brother (obsessive Michigan fan) that Terrelle Pryor will be waiting until National Signing Day for BASKETBALL to announce his decision. He is allowed to do this because some of the schools that are chasing him are offering to let him be a two-sport athlete, especially Oregon.

Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow.

Pryor is all but guaranteed OSU. Oregon is out and it is really down to Michigan and OSU.

Pryor to decide Wednesday

Decision day will be at noon Wednesday for Terrelle Pryor.

Pryor, star quarterback at Jeannette High School, said today he is "80 to 90 percent sure" he will announce his choice at a news conference Wednesday. He had been considering pushing back his decision a week or so, and possibly visiting the University of Oregon.

But Pryor said he will not visit Oregon and the Ducks are out of the picture.

"I have to call them today and tell them," Pryor said.

Pryor said he will decide among Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State, although Ohio State and Michigan have been the leaders all along.

Jeannette school officials are also making preparations for the announcement Wednesday in the school gymnasium. Jeannette principal Stu Albaugh said only Pryor's invited guests and media members will be permitted to attend. The public is not welcome.

ESPN and CSTV plan to announce Pryor's decision live. Sports Illustrated and the Washington Post are sending reporters and newspapers from Pennsylvania, Ohio and Michigan also will be represented.

http://www.post-gazette.com/highschoolsports/varsityblog/

Second Honeymoon
02-05-2008, 02:12 PM
Mack Brown works his magic yet again. Darrell Scott goes to Texas.

I absolutely love the Boulder campus and its a Top 10 campus no doubt but how can you compete with The University Of Texas? We have the city, the women, the facilities, the campus, the nightlife, the summerlife (Lake Travis FTW), the tradition, National Championship history, and a chance to start as a freshman. I just hope he doesnt go Adrian Peterson on us and punk out at the last moment like AP did.....

bah007
02-05-2008, 02:21 PM

I absolutely love the Boulder campus and its a Top 10 campus no doubt but how can you compete with The University Of Texas? We have the city, the women, the facilities, the campus, the nightlife, the summerlife (Lake Travis FTW), the tradition, National Championship history, and a chance to start as a freshman. I just hope he doesnt go Adrian Peterson on us and punk out at the last moment like AP did.....

I wouldnt be mad at Scott if he chose Colorado. It sounds like his family is all over him to go there & that has to be a lot of pressure.

Plus, he has never really given us the impression that we were definitely his choice, just the front-runner.

TexansSeminole
02-05-2008, 03:11 PM
Julio Jones (#1 WR) is down to Alabama or Florida State.

He's going to be a Nole. I can feel it.
http://www.webcom.com/sknkwrks/tomachop.jpg

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/08/15/images/large/B_7_TPOSCEOLA_220884_0815.jpg

bah007
02-05-2008, 03:15 PM
Hopefully thats not just wishful thinking on your part.

He has been a Bama lean all year long. Good luck.

As a UT fan, I would love to see you guys snatch Jones from Alabama after all the Appelwhite drama.

bah007
02-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Pryor is all but guaranteed OSU. Oregon is out and it is really down to Michigan and OSU.

http://www.post-gazette.com/highschoolsports/varsityblog/

Sounds like you're right. He will be signing tomorrow.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=765305

Terrelle Pryor - QB - Jeannette, Pa.
Rivals.com recruiting analyst Mike Farrell confirmed with Terrelle Pryor this morning that he will 100 percent sign tomorrow. He's down to Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State and will announce at 12:05 p.m. ET on television.

Second Honeymoon
02-05-2008, 04:24 PM
I wouldnt be mad at Scott if he chose Colorado. It sounds like his family is all over him to go there & that has to be a lot of pressure.

Plus, he has never really given us the impression that we were definitely his choice, just the front-runner.

punkout may have been a poor choice of words....was referring to APs 'punkout' more than anything else

hot pickle
02-05-2008, 05:55 PM
i just read on rivals that scott might be leaning towards CU... so now im kinda nervous about tomorrow... but scott would be huge to UT's recruiting class

awtysst
02-05-2008, 05:57 PM
i just read on rivals that scott might be leaning towards CU... so now im kinda nervous about tomorrow... but scott would be huge to UT's recruiting class

We NEED HIM. Cmon Scott. Come on down to UT!

texanfan2002114
02-05-2008, 05:58 PM

You beat me to it, but here it is anyway.

Darrell Scott - RB - Ventura (Calif.) St. Bonaventure
The nation's No. 1 running back recruit has narrowed his choices to Texas and Colorado, and, according to sources, it appears that the Buffs have the inside track as of Tuesday morning. Will announce at 12:50 p.m. ET on Wednesday at the ESPN Zone in Anaheim.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=880&CID=765305

hot pickle
02-05-2008, 06:14 PM
We NEED HIM. Cmon Scott. Come on down to UT!

i hear you man... but id rather him go to CU then to OU or A&M... i cant wait to see him play at the next level

TexansSeminole
02-05-2008, 06:46 PM
If any of you have rivals subscription, check out Nigel Bradham (http://floridastate.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?sport=1&pr_key=51101) and his videos. 5 star linebacker from Wakulla county, right by Tallahassee. He is going to FSU. Rediculous talent this guy has. They are saying he could be the next Derrick Brooks. 6-2 230lbs already. Very fast. #1 OLB in the nation, #4 best prospect in Florida, #16 prospect in the nation. He's also rated #3 in best instincts of any LB.

Regarding Texas. D.J Monroe is easily the best recruit that UT has. He was damn good in the Army All-American bowl. He is rated as the fastest corner, apparently he runs a 4.4. 3rd best athlete at the corner position, 5th best cornerback in the nation, 6th best overall prospect in Texas. He's also the #48 rated prospect in the nation according to Rivals. He's undersized at 5-9 and only 165 pounds, but mark my words, this guy will be a great college football player. Another guy I thought was pretty darn good was Dravannti Johnson. He's listed as a middle linebacker, but apparently he played alot of DE and OLB in high school. Looking at his videos, he seems like a brick wall. A couple tackles he striaght up picks the RB up and slams him down. Also he apparently runs a 4.6, which probably helped him out when he also played DE in high school.

bah007
02-05-2008, 07:45 PM
If any of you have rivals subscription, check out Nigel Bradham (http://floridastate.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?sport=1&pr_key=51101) and his videos. 5 star linebacker from Wakulla county, right by Tallahassee. He is going to FSU. Rediculous talent this guy has. They are saying he could be the next Derrick Brooks. 6-2 230lbs already. Very fast. #1 OLB in the nation, #4 best prospect in Florida, #16 prospect in the nation. He's also rated #3 in best instincts of any LB.

Regarding Texas. D.J Monroe is easily the best recruit that UT has. He was damn good in the Army All-American bowl. He is rated as the fastest corner, apparently he runs a 4.4. 3rd best athlete at the corner position, 5th best cornerback in the nation, 6th best overall prospect in Texas. He's also the #48 rated prospect in the nation according to Rivals. He's undersized at 5-9 and only 165 pounds, but mark my words, this guy will be a great college football player. Another guy I thought was pretty darn good was Dravannti Johnson. He's listed as a middle linebacker, but apparently he played alot of DE and OLB in high school. Looking at his videos, he seems like a brick wall. A couple tackles he striaght up picks the RB up and slams him down. Also he apparently runs a 4.6, which probably helped him out when he also played DE in high school.

Personally, I think that Aaron Williams is UT's best recruit. It's a travesty that Rivals hasnt given him a 5th star.

#36 player in the nation
#1 Safety in the class
#4 player in Texas

Safety Rankings:
Ball Skills - 1st
Coverage Skills - 1st
Fastest - 2nd

TexansSeminole
02-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Personally, I think that Aaron Williams is UT's best recruit. It's a travesty that Rivals hasnt given him a 5th star.

#36 player in the nation
#1 Safety in the class
#4 player in Texas

Safety Rankings:
Ball Skills - 1st
Coverage Skills - 1st
Fastest - 2nd

I really shouldnt have wrote easily best recruit considering I havent seen alot of their guys play.

bah007
02-05-2008, 08:00 PM
I really shouldnt have wrote easily best recruit considering I havent seen alot of their guys play.

How about, "Texas easily has a lot of great recruits"?

Texas doesn't have any blue chips yet (per Rivals) but they have a deep, loaded class this year.

TexansFanatic
02-05-2008, 08:09 PM
At the last minute, family is more important than just about everything else. Scott goes to Colorado.

BOOOOOO!!!!

bah007
02-05-2008, 08:13 PM
At the last minute, family is more important than just about everything else. Scott goes to Colorado.

BOOOOOO!!!!

Maybe his family should let him make his own decision.

If he chooses Colorado, thats fine.

But if they try to force him to go to Colorado, I'm not okay with that.

The kid probably knows which situation will be better for him more than anyone else does.

Yankee_In_TX
02-05-2008, 09:19 PM
*fingers crossed*

come on Pryor and 4 star CB (Harris)!!!

Kaiser Toro
02-05-2008, 10:28 PM
We have the city, the women, the facilities, the campus, the nightlife, the summerlife (Lake Travis FTW), the tradition, National Championship history, and a chance to start as a freshman.

Yes, we do have the ladies. Stone cold foxes. :lion:

I used the lion.

bah007
02-05-2008, 10:47 PM
Yes, we do have the ladies. Stone cold foxes. :lion:

I used the lion.

Thats about the only acceptable use of the lion I can think of.

bah007
02-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Alright UT fans:

Take this in stride because its not official.

But my guy tells me that Scott has been convinced by his family to go to Colorado. Apparently his mom is the only one defending Texas & everyone else is talkin his ear off about CU.

So unless his momma tucks him into bed tonight after everyone goes home and says, "Darrell, you do whats best for you. Not what everyone else is telling you to do", then I would expect him to commit to CU at noon tomorrow.

Specnatz
02-05-2008, 11:54 PM
*fingers crossed*

come on Pryor and 4 star CB (Harris)!!!

I almost put O$U just to have a litle fun for you. But I already said I rather he goto OSU than meechigan.

mexican_texan
02-05-2008, 11:56 PM
I have a hot lead that a player that's all but committed to UT may announce his decision to commit to USC tomorrow. My source is a really reliable guy, but I'll save my info for tomorrow. I'm skipping some school to check out signing day. One of the perks of being on the newspaper.

bah007
02-06-2008, 12:28 AM
I have a hot lead that a player that's all but committed to UT may announce his decision to commit to USC tomorrow. My source is a really reliable guy, but I'll save my info for tomorrow. I'm skipping some school to check out signing day. One of the perks of being on the newspaper.

Better not be Humphrey or Williams. At least give me that much.

Studdard64
02-06-2008, 01:54 AM
The only players left on Texas' radar that could even be considered "all but committed" are Rod Davis and Darrell Scott. And yes, I'd be more than surprised to see either of those guys suiting up for the Men of Troy. The rest of the players either ARE committed or on campus.

Why can't you post the info? I mean good lord, the LOIs are going to start being faxed in about 9 hrs., so I don't imagine anything you'd say here could change what's already set in motion.

Sorry to call you out, but you either got a terrible piece of info or you're making this up.

:hmmm:

bah007
02-06-2008, 08:44 AM
Pryor backtracking:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080206/SPORTS06/80206008/&imw=Y

Terrelle Pryor, the nation's No. 1 recruit, apparently won't sign Wednesday after all.

He told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review late Tuesday night that he doesn't plan to sign a national letter of intent on Signing Day.

"I'm 100 percent sure I'm not signing," Pryor told the Tribune-Review. "It's a tough decision and I'm still trying to decide between Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State."

Pryor confirmed he eliminated Oregon and informed the Ducks coaching staff of the decision.

awtysst
02-06-2008, 09:13 AM

Crap. Looks like UT took a second big blow.

HoustonFrog
02-06-2008, 09:32 AM
Alright UT fans:

Take this in stride because its not official.

But my guy tells me that Scott has been convinced by his family to go to Colorado. Apparently his mom is the only one defending Texas & everyone else is talkin his ear off about CU.

So unless his momma tucks him into bed tonight after everyone goes home and says, "Darrell, you do whats best for you. Not what everyone else is telling you to do", then I would expect him to commit to CU at noon tomorrow.

I just heard alot of these rumors on 790..the USC one too. A shame that his family doesn't let him follow his heart since he has said he loves UT. I know he has a cousin that is like a brother that is a year older and plays WR at CU too.

bah007
02-06-2008, 09:58 AM
I just heard alot of these rumors on 790..the USC one too. A shame that his family doesn't let him follow his heart since he has said he loves UT. I know he has a cousin that is like a brother that is a year older and plays WR at CU too.

Its actually his uncle. And that is the part that his family is going off on him about.

bah007
02-06-2008, 09:59 AM
On the bright side: DeSean Hales just faxed his papers in. He's official!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT9X8KxVAPw&feature=related

HoustonFrog
02-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Its actually his uncle. And that is the part that his family is going off on him about.

OK, my bad!I knew it was someone like that.

Specnatz
02-06-2008, 10:11 AM
KLM LOI - Notre Dame

Sorry A&M

http://www.blueandgold.com/content/?aid=5035

bah007
02-06-2008, 10:15 AM
KLM LOI - Notre Dame

Sorry A&M

Nice move Irish.

You know you have prestige when you can have just about your program's worst season ever & still pull in a top 5/top 10 class.

Specnatz
02-06-2008, 10:16 AM
Nice move Irish.

You know you have prestige when you can have just about your program's worst season ever & still pull in a top 5/top 10 class.

Exactly and getting a kid out of Texas is harder than asking Bill to stay faithful.

bah007
02-06-2008, 10:17 AM

I have no clue where you got your info but all but 3 of UT's commits have faxed LOI's already & all the major recruits are in.

The only guys that havent faxed LOI's yet:
Nolan Brewster - 4 star S
Emmanuel Acho - 3 star LB
Antoine Hicks - 3 star ATH

bah007
02-06-2008, 10:20 AM
According to my guy on the Darrell Scott situation:

His family is pushing him so hard for Colorado that his mom took his phone away from him last night so that he couldnt talk to anybody, CU or UT. He's really stressed out and frustrated.

The way I'm being told is that the decision has been taken away from him & his family is literally forcing his signature onto a CU LOI.

Unless the kid stands up for himself & really wants UT badly then this saga is over.

I'll keep giving updates if my guy tells me anything else but I think this one is over.

I've also heard rumors that CU is paying some of his family members to sway him, but dont buy into that stuff. Sounds like the typical BS you hear from people when something like this doesn't go your way.

tulexan
02-06-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm not a UT fan, but if that's true about the Scott situation then that's pretty sh*tty by his family. Let the kid go where he wants to.

bah007
02-06-2008, 10:27 AM
I'm not a UT fan, but if that's true about the Scott situation then that's pretty sh*tty by his family. Let the kid go where he wants to.

It sounds like its one of those things where they are telling him, "we know what's better for you more than you do".

From what I'm getting, his mom is the only one who even cares what he thinks about the whole situation.

bah007
02-06-2008, 10:29 AM
The Pryor & Scott situations are really proof that college recruiting has gotten out of hand.

These kids are getting heat from every angle and its really sad.

HoustonFrog
02-06-2008, 10:31 AM
KLM LOI - Notre Dame

Sorry A&M

Thats a double decommit too.

HoustonFrog
02-06-2008, 10:32 AM
According to my guy on the Darrell Scott situation:

His family is pushing him so hard for Colorado that his mom took his phone away from him last night so that he couldnt talk to anybody, CU or UT. He's really stressed out and frustrated.

The way I'm being told is that the decision has been taken away from him & his family is literally forcing his signature onto a CU LOI.

Unless the kid stands up for himself & really wants UT badly then this saga is over.

I'll keep giving updates if my guy tells me anything else but I think this one is over.

I've also heard rumors that CU is paying some of his family members to sway him, but dont buy into that stuff. Sounds like the typical BS you hear from people when something like this doesn't go your way.

This sucks. Let the kid be excited and decide.

bah007
02-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Well like I said: My guy assures me that he is definitely in on the situation, but nothing that I'm posting is official.

I wouldnt be surprised if he committed to UT or CU. Trust me, we've seen some crazy things from UT recruits over the years.

Specnatz
02-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Thats a double decommit too.

Sorta like the Scott situation in that some family wanted A&M and He liked both and his mom basically said your going to ND because of the damn education or else you will not get any school money. He said I am ok with that and off to ND he goes.

Here are the switches I have heard so far (minus KLM) ........

Florida commit Ricky Barnum switched to Michigan.
Purdue commit Roy Roundtree switched to Michigan.
PSU commit Michael Shaw switched to Michigan.
Former Michigan commit Christian Wilson switched to UNC.
Vanderbilt soft commit Antonio Wilson switched to Georgia Tech.
Washington commit QB Kevin Prince switched to UCLA.
Florida commit Ramon Buchanan has switched back to Miami.

bah007
02-06-2008, 11:27 AM
I have no clue where you got your info but all but 3 of UT's commits have faxed LOI's already & all the major recruits are in.

The only guys that havent faxed LOI's yet:
Nolan Brewster - 4 star S
Emmanuel Acho - 3 star LB
Antoine Hicks - 3 star ATH

Brewster is the only UT commit that has not faxed in his LOI yet.

Once it is in, Texas will be waiting on Scott & Rod Davis to see what their decisions will be.

bah007
02-06-2008, 11:33 AM
Some Texas A&M fans are getting edgy. A&M has not received LOI's from 4 of their top 5 recruits and they have already lost one soft commit already today.

LOI's not received:
Cyrus Gray - RB #5 (top player in A&M's class)
Derrick Hall - ATH #9
Rod Davis - DT #17
Sedrick Johnson - WR #30

bah007
02-06-2008, 11:53 AM
Here's hoping Scott stands up for himself and makes his own decision, whether it be UT or CU.

HoustonFrog
02-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Some Texas A&M fans are getting edgy. A&M has not received LOI's from 4 of their top 5 recruits and they have already lost one soft commit already today.

LOI's not received:
Derrick Hall - ATH #9
Rod Davis - DT #17
Sedrick Johnson - WR #30

According to the ESPN blog Cyrus got his in just a few minutes ago

WesmanTexanfan
02-06-2008, 11:56 AM
Sic'em Bears Baby

Here's to Briles getting Baylor out of the cellar:beerfunnel:

http://baylor.rivals.com/

HOU-TEX
02-06-2008, 11:57 AM

LOI's not received:
Derrick Hall - ATH #9
Rod Davis - DT #17
Sedrick Johnson - WR #30

Sorry to be off-topic, but you seem to be "in the know" on UT. Have you heard any news about Fozzy Whitiker? I believe he was a last year recruit. He's RB from Pearland. He was kind of small, but he was good and a pretty good kid to boot. His actual name is Foswhitt. Does he have a chance at some playing time this year?

Specnatz
02-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Georgia commit Dwayne Allen has switched to Clemson.
Georgia Tech commit Lee Butler has switched to Duke.
USC commit Joe Adams switched from USC to Arkansas

More switches updates.

HoustonFrog
02-06-2008, 12:37 PM
Julio Jones just made Alabama oficial

Yankee_In_TX
02-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Stupid Pryor.

Specnatz
02-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Stupid Pryor.

Yeah . press conferance to announce he is not making a decision yet. WTF?

Yankee_In_TX
02-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah . press conferance to announce he is not making a decision yet. WTF?

Honestly, I've been wondering about him - if he's going to end up in trouble and violating NCAA or criminal laws... Seems to have a big head already...

Specnatz
02-06-2008, 12:51 PM
Darrell Scott just announced he is going to CO.

As far as Pryor goes I think he is enjoying the attention and that is part of why he did not deceide today. He is becomine an attention whore to the umpth degree.

HoustonFrog
02-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Darrell Scott just announced he is going to CO.

As far as Pryor goes I think he is enjoying the attention and that is part of why he did not deceide today. He is becomine an attention whore to the umpth degree.

Yup..12:51 p.m.: ESPN 150 RB Darrell Scott picked Colorado over Texas.

Yankee_In_TX
02-06-2008, 12:57 PM

wow...

Silver Oak
02-06-2008, 12:58 PM
I guess Macks magic ain't all its cracked up to be.

Goldensilence
02-06-2008, 01:01 PM

Congrats to Colorado. Just seems that program has been snakebitten since Neuheisel. I just hope his family didn't completely sway his decision and it was made himself. At least it wasn't OU. :pirate:

Specnatz
02-06-2008, 01:08 PM

Florida commit Ricky Barnum switched to Michigan. (LOI Confirmed)
Former Michigan commit Christian Wilson switched to UNC.
Vanderbilt soft commit Antonio Wilson switched to Georgia Tech. (GT LOI Confirmed)

Georgia commit Dwayne Allen has switched to Clemson. (Clemson LOI Confirmed)
Georgia Tech commit Lee Butler has switched to Duke. (Duke LOI Confirmed)
USC commit Joe Adams switched from USC to Arkansas

More switches updates.

More ..........

Texas Tech commit Brian Christopher has switched to Arkansas

Specnatz
02-06-2008, 01:36 PM
Signed letter of Intent:
Notre Dame:
SIGNED LETTER OF INTENT
Robert Blanton DB 6-1 177 Matthews, NC 4*
Braxston Cave OL 6-4 295 Mishawaka, IN 4*
Lane Clelland OL 6-5 270 Owings Mills, MD 4*
Dayne Crist QB 6-5 228 Sherman Oaks, CA 5*
Sean Cwynar DT 6-4 284 Woodstock, IL 4*
Joseph Fauria TE 6-8 250 Encino, CA 4*
Steven Filer LB 6-3 220 Chicago, IL 4*
Darius Fleming LB 6-3 230 Chicago, IL 4*
Michael Floyd WR 6-3 195 St. Paul, MN 5*
Mike Golic OL 6-5 260 West Hartford, CT 3*
John Goodman WR 6-4 192 Fort Wayne, IN 3*
Jonas Gray RB 5-10 213 Detroit, MI 4*
Ethan Johnson DE 6-4 266 Portland, OR 4*
Kapron Lewis-Moore DE 6-4 225 Weatherford, TX 4*
Dan McCarthy DB 6-2 190 Youngstown, OH 4*
Anthony McDonald LB 6-3 220 Sherman Oaks, CA 4*
Brandon Newman DT 6-1 300 Louisville, KY 4*
David Posluszny LB 6-0 206 Aliquippa , PA 3*
Trevor Robinson OL 6-6 304 Omaha, NE 4*
Kyle Rudolph TE 6-6 229 Cincinnati, OH 5*
Jamoris Slaughter DB 6-1 185 Stone Mountain, GA 4*
Deion Walker WR 6-4 186 Christchurch, VA 4*
Hafis Williams DT 6-3 285 Elizabeth, NJ 3*

Offer and could possibly sign
Milton Knox RB 5' 8" 192 Running back Lake Balboa (CA)

Ohio State:
SIGNED LETTER OF INTENT
Mike Adams OL 6-7 308 Dublin, OH 5*
Michael Brewster OL 6-6 305 Orlando, FL 5*
Ben Buchanan K 5-10 191 Westerville, OH 3*
Nic DiLillo TE 6-5 219 Madison, OH 3*
Zach Domicone ATH 6-3 215 Xenia, OH 3*
Garrett Goebel DT 6-5 264 Lombard, IL 4*
Travis Howard DB 6-0 172 Miami, FL 4*
Orhian Johnson ATH 6-2 178 Gulfport, FL 3*
Jermil Martin RB 6-1 230 Cleveland, OH 3*
Willie Mobley DE 6-2 260 Eden Prairie, MN 4*
DeVier Posey WR 6-2 190 Cincinnati, OH 5*
Shawntel Rowell DT 6-4 325 Cleveland, OH 3*
Etienne Sabino LB 6-3 222 Miami, FL 4*
J.B. Shugarts OL 6-7 299 Klein, TX 4*
Jake Stoneburner TE 6-6 223 Dublin, OH 4*
Andrew Sweat LB 6-2 225 Washington , PA 4*
Lamaar Thomas ATH 5-11 181 Fort Washington, MD 4*
Keith Wells DE 6-5 211 Gainesville, GA 3*
Nathan Williams DE 6-5 245 Washington Court House, OH 4*

Texas A&M:
SIGNED LETTER OF INTENT
Josh Ayers OL 6-5 282 Euless, TX 3*
Eddie Brown DT 6-2 266 Waller, TX 3*
Aaron Buckley LB 6-1 225 Palacios, TX 3*
Ricky Cavanaugh LB 6-2 215 Austin, TX 2*
Blake Chavis DE 6-5 230 Beaumont, TX 3*
LeRoy Chevalier OL 6-6 325 Houston, TX 3*
Tommy Dorman QB 6-3 204 North Richland Hills, TX 3*
Adren Dorsey DT 6-4 285 Tyler, TX 3*
Terrence Frederick DB 5-10 170 Katy, TX 2*
Jeff Fuller WR 6-4 202 McKinney, TX 4*
Keon Furtch DB 6-2 180 Paris, TX 3*
Cyrus Gray RB 6-0 188 DeSoto, TX 4*
Derrick Hall ATH 5-10 201 Beaumont, TX 4*
Trent Hunter DB 5-10 189 Katy, TX 3*
Jeffrey Hyde OL 6-7 295 Colleyville, TX 3*
Tony Jerod DE 6-5 255 DeSoto, TX 4*
Chris Lathrop OL 6-4 288 Cypress, TX 3*
Kyle Mangan LB 6-2 225 Brenham, TX 3*
Matt Moss DE 6-4 270 El Cajon, CA 4*
Brian Thomas OL 6-3 265 Pearland, TX 3*
Joe Villavisencio OL 6-4 305 Jacksonville, TX 2*
K.J. Williams ATH 6-4 235 Norman, OK 3*
Andrew Wolridge DE 6-2 235 Lexington, TX 4*

COMMITTED/NOT YET SIGNED
Randy Bullock K 5-9 215 Klein, TX 3*
Rod Davis DT 6-2 300 Aldine, TX 4*

Texas:
SIGNED LETTER OF INTENT
Emmanuel Acho LB 6-2 210 Dallas, TX 3*
Nolan Brewster DB 6-1 195 Denver, CO 4*
Mark Buchanan OL 6-6 275 Austin, TX 4*
Dan Buckner WR 6-4 209 Allen, TX 4*
Brock Fitzhenry RB 5-9 172 Giddings, TX 3*
Blake Gideon DB 6-1 189 Leander, TX 2*
D.J. Grant WR 6-3 205 Austin, TX 4*
DeSean Hales RB 5-10 165 Klein, TX 4*
Antoine Hicks ATH 6-2 193 Mansfield, TX 3*
Jeremy Hills RB 5-10 181 Alief, TX 4*
Jarvis Humphrey DT 6-2 290 Cedar Hill, TX 4*
Dravannti Johnson LB 6-2 230 Nederland, TX 4*
D.J. Monroe DB 5-9 165 Angleton, TX 4*
Tre Newton RB 6-0 194 Southlake, TX 3*
Luke Poehlmann OL 6-6 260 Brenham, TX 3*
Kheeston Randall DT 6-5 267 Beaumont, TX 4*
Ryan Roberson RB 5-10 210 Brenham, TX 3*
David Snow OL 6-4 300 Gilmer, TX 4*
Justin Tucker K 6-1 172 Austin, TX 3*
Aaron Williams DB 6-1 175 Round Rock, TX 4*

Notre Dame, OSU, TX A&M, and Texas UH was not available as of yet.

Second Honeymoon
02-06-2008, 01:56 PM
Nice haul by the Irish, Spec. I wasn't sure if last year's struggles would effect ND's recruiting and it looks like it has had little to no effect whatsoever.

I am just amazed by what Bowden did at Clemson too. They had a nice haul and even got a guy to sign that they had been working on recruiting since he (DaQuan) was in middle school.

Specnatz
02-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Nice haul by the Irish, Spec. I wasn't sure if last year's struggles would effect ND's recruiting and it looks like it has had little to no effect whatsoever.

I am just amazed by what Bowden did at Clemson too. They had a nice haul and even got a guy to sign that they had been working on recruiting since he (DaQuan) was in middle school.

This may sound silly but I am more happy with ND getting KLM out of Texas than I am any other recruit.

Second Honeymoon
02-06-2008, 02:03 PM
This may sound silly but I am more happy with ND getting KLM out of Texas than I am any other recruit.

oh yeah. guys are leaving the state in large numbers again. i wonder if all the police blotter at UT in the past 18 months has scared some parents away or perhaps led to some negative recruiting against Mack. texas had a decent recruiting haul but not like in years past and a lot of the top talent left the state...especially OU.

Specnatz
02-06-2008, 02:06 PM
oh yeah. guys are leaving the state in large numbers again. i wonder if all the police blotter at UT in the past 18 months has scared some parents away or perhaps led to some negative recruiting against Mack. texas had a decent recruiting haul but not like in years past and a lot of the top talent left the state...especially OU.

My hatred for UT not with standing I do not think that is the case. It goes in waves UT is loaded and a lot of recruits will look at the depth chart and just go else where. That is why recruits are leaving, but I will say UT needs to do something about the QB position because there is no way they should be getting guys that are not #1 or #2 in the state. Other than that I think next year they will keep most of the kids.

bah007
02-06-2008, 02:07 PM
No blue chips for Texas this year (according to Rivals).

Very unusual for UT to not at least pull out one 5-star player.

bah007
02-06-2008, 02:10 PM
Sorry to be off-topic, but you seem to be "in the know" on UT. Have you heard any news about Fozzy Whitiker? I believe he was a last year recruit. He's RB from Pearland. He was kind of small, but he was good and a pretty good kid to boot. His actual name is Foswhitt. Does he have a chance at some playing time this year?

Afraid not. Its possible though. He's a very quick kid, & speed like that can get you onto the field in some capacity.

Ogbonnaya & McGee will fight for the starting job at spring practice.

Fozzy will have to battle the incoming freshmen Hales (potential WR) & Hills for playing time. A good spring could land him up there on the depth chart.

I expect Fitzhenry, Newton, Roberson, & Hicks to either be redshirted, or to switch positions.

6 RBs in one class is a good haul, even without Scott.

Second Honeymoon
02-06-2008, 02:15 PM
My hatred for UT not with standing I do not think that is the case. It goes in waves UT is loaded and a lot of recruits will look at the depth chart and just go else where. That is why recruits are leaving, but I will say UT needs to do something about the QB position because there is no way they should be getting guys that are not #1 or #2 in the state. Other than that I think next year they will keep most of the kids.

what QB wants to learn under Greg Davis? He ruined Simms. Applewhite never met a big game he couldn't lose playing under Greg Davis. He almost ruined Young until he was told to just shut up and get out of the way and let Vince be Vince. Colt pretty much sucks. He is just a bad coach and I think it hurts us when recruiting QBs based on his track record developing QBs.

TexansSeminole
02-06-2008, 02:17 PM
Alabama as a great class. Clemson has a very deep class. USC has a very strong class (2 5-star offensive lineman, 2 4-star offensive lineman and a bunch of very talented 4-star guys.)

Florida and Georgia both have some pretty good classes as well.

bah007
02-06-2008, 02:19 PM

Russell Shepard - #2 QB in next years class (#4 overall)

Has been a Texas lean for over a year now. I think we have a shot with him.

Goldensilence
02-06-2008, 02:22 PM
what QB wants to learn under Greg Davis? He ruined Simms. Applewhite never met a big game he couldn't lose playing under Greg Davis. He almost ruined Young until he was told to just shut up and get out of the way and let Vince be Vince. Colt pretty much sucks. He is just a bad coach and I think it hurts us when recruiting QBs based on his track record developing QBs.

Respectfully disagree about Simms and Applewhite. I think its the other way around. Chris Simms never met a big game he couldn't choke at. the ONLY reason you give way to the BIG12 freshman of the year is for goldenboy Simms and his dad. UT would've been all the better had Simms stayed with his first intent to go to Tennessee and never stepped foot in Austin.

As for Greg Davis you don't leave a OC spot at one of the premier colleges under a good coach like Saban to be a RB coach. Applewhite has to be counting the days to at least being the OC there then I imagine the eventual successor for Mack if he chooses. He'l lcome full circle on Mack then for benching him in favor of Simms. At least that's my take. :spy:

HOU-TEX
02-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Afraid not.

Ogbonnaya & McGee will fight for the starting job at spring practice.

Fozzy will have to battle the incoming freshmen Hales (potential WR) & Hills for playing time.

I expect Fitzhenry, Newton, Roberson, & Hicks to either be redshirted, or to switch positions.

6 RBs in one class is a good haul, even without Scott.

Wow, I didn't know they had brought in that many RB's. That's too bad.

Specnatz
02-06-2008, 02:34 PM

Florida commit Ricky Barnum switched to Michigan. (LOI Confirmed)
Former Michigan commit Christian Wilson switched to UNC. (LOI Confirmed)
Vanderbilt soft commit Antonio Wilson switched to Georgia Tech. (LOI Confirmed)
Georgia commit Dwayne Allen has switched to Clemson. (LOI Confirmed)
Georgia Tech commit Lee Butler has switched to Duke. (LOI Confirmed)
USC commit Joe Adams switched from USC to Arkansas (LOI Confirmed)
Texas Tech commit Brian Christopher has switched to Arkansas(LOI Confirmed)
Texas A&M commit WR Sedrick Johnson has switched to Iowa State. (LOI Confirmed)
Oregon commit DE Jamaar Jarrett has switched to ASU. (LOI Confirmed)

WOW this is just stupid, these kids do not know how to honor their word.

YoungTexanFan
02-06-2008, 03:45 PM
Anyone have an update on the KU incoming class?

And who is KLM??

bah007
02-06-2008, 03:49 PM

And who is KLM??

Kapron Lewis-Moore

#13 DE in the nation, 4 star.

Had a wild ride with Texas A&M before signing with Notre Dame today.

bah007
02-06-2008, 03:53 PM

Kansas has landed the #40 recruiting class in the nation according to Rivals.

Two 4-star prospects, JUCO RB Crawford & JUCO OT D'Cunha.

Best freshman looks like 3-star TE Tim Biere, #19 TE in the nation.

Specnatz
02-06-2008, 04:21 PM
And who is KLM??

SIGNED LETTER OF INTENT
Jocques Crawford RB 6-1 220 4* Cisco, TX
Nathan D'Cunha OL 6-7 307 4* Santa Barbara, CA

The rest are 3* recruits --

Tim Biere TE 6-4 226 Omaha, NE
Tanner Hawkinson TE 6-6 230 McPherson, KS
Daymond Patterson WR 5-8 165 Mesquite, TX
John Williams OL 6-4 335 Tulsa, OK
Greg Brown DB 5-11 164 Cedar Hill, TX
Rod Harris WR 6-2 190 Brenham, TX
D.J. Marshall DE 6-4 230 Mesquite, TX
Kale Pick QB 6-1 198 Dodge City, KS
Lubbock Smith DB 5-11 182 Dallas, TX
Duane Zlatnik DE 6-4 260 Rossville, KS
Ben Lueken OL 6-5 318 St. Louis, MO
Trevor Marrongelli OL 6-4 285 Round Rock, TX
Darius Parish DT 6-3 325 Wichita, KS
Nicholas Plato DE 6-6 228 Edwardsville, IL
Corrigan Powell DB 5-10 161 Garland, TX
Sean Ransburg ATH 6-1 185 Harrisonville, MO
Josh Richardson LB 6-4 195 Dublin, OH
Alonso Rojas K 6-3 195 Miami, FL

awtysst
02-06-2008, 08:25 PM
So, how is the UT class looking. I know we lost Scott to CU, but how did we do overall? I read somewhere that we didn't land a single 5-star. If this is the case I have a feeling we are in real trouble.

Studdard64
02-06-2008, 09:49 PM
I guess Macks magic ain't all its cracked up to be.He's got a little something up his sleeve for tomorrow.....

:doot:

mexican_texan
02-06-2008, 10:37 PM
The only players left on Texas' radar that could even be considered "all but committed" are Rod Davis and Darrell Scott. And yes, I'd be more than surprised to see either of those guys suiting up for the Men of Troy. The rest of the players either ARE committed or on campus.

Why can't you post the info? I mean good lord, the LOIs are going to start being faxed in about 9 hrs., so I don't imagine anything you'd say here could change what's already set in motion.

Sorry to call you out, but you either got a terrible piece of info or you're making this up.

:hmmm:
I met a few guys from the Chronicle this year while I covered high school football. I didn't post the info because well....it's the Chron. He was actually talking about Scott, I found out today. He confused UC with USC somehow.

awtysst
02-07-2008, 01:08 AM
He's got a little something up his sleeve for tomorrow.....

:doot:

Any hints? Because I could use some good news in terms of UT recruiting.

Studdard64
02-07-2008, 01:48 AM
Any hints? Because I could use some good news in terms of UT recruiting.GG!

HoustonFrog
02-07-2008, 09:34 AM
Recruiting Day is so overhyped. I like it and all but Mack getting a Top 5 class hasn't turned some years into NC years. There was a great srticle on Fox yesterday. It went through the 2004 recruiting class of 5 star players. It was incredible to see what happened when ranked now. Not many lived up to their billing. There are definite studs in there but there arre guys who disappeared too or didn't get close to the billing.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7762724/Revisiting-the-5-star-recruits-from-2004

By the way here is an article about the kid thaty ran the recruiting scam and had a phantom signing day with Cal

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=771601

The story of the "recruitment" of a little-known Nevada offensive lineman took another bizarre twist Wednesday, with the player admitting everything was a hoax.

Kevin Hart, a 6-foot-5, 290-pounder from Fernley (Nev.) High, apologized in a statement issued Wednesday - National Signing Day - through the Lyon County School District.

"I wanted to play D-1 ball more than anything," the statement said. "When I realized that wasn't going to happen, I made up what I wanted to be reality. I am sorry for disappointing and embarrassing my family, coaches, Fernley High school, the involved universities and reporters covering the story."

Last Friday, Hart committed to California in a ceremony at the Fernley High gym. Most of the student body turned out, as did two TV stations and reporters from a local newspaper.

During his announcement ceremony, Hart said he and Cal coach Jeff Tedford "had talked a lot, and the fact that the head coach did most of the recruiting of me kind of gave me the real personal experience."

But there was one problem: No one from the school ever talked with Hart.

Specnatz
02-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Recruiting Day is so overhyped. I like it and all but Mack getting a Top 5 class hasn't turned some years into NC years. There was a great srticle on Fox yesterday. It went through the 2004 recruiting class of 5 star players. It was incredible to see what happened when ranked now. Not many lived up to their billing. There are definite studs in there but there arre guys who disappeared too or didn't get close to the billing.

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/7762724/Revisiting-the-5-star-recruits-from-2004

By the way here is an article about the kid thaty ran the recruiting scam and had a phantom signing day with Cal

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=771601

Well of course not as many make it as don't that is the nature of the beast not to mention when one school geta 5* RB or QB almost every year their is just not enough playing time for everyone. But the teams who get the 5* recruits have a lot better chance at getting their than say the school who only has 3* recruits. Heart, desire, sports IQ and a little luck all play a part in it.

bah007
02-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Any hints? Because I could use some good news in terms of UT recruiting.

Let's just say that a highly touted Lake Travis player for next year's class is declaring his allegiance today, and UT looks like the landing spot at this point.

bah007
02-07-2008, 10:24 AM
GG!

Nicely done.

HoustonFrog
02-07-2008, 10:28 AM
Well of course not as many make it as don't that is the nature of the beast not to mention when one school geta 5* RB or QB almost every year their is just not enough playing time for everyone. But the teams who get the 5* recruits have a lot better chance at getting their than say the school who only has 3* recruits. Heart, desire, sports IQ and a little luck all play a part in it.

Agree, I'm just saying it is like the draft...so having the 12th rated recruiting class isn't like you failed..you might have your studs pan out and other guys move up while other classes might just not be that strong that are Top 5.

awtysst
02-07-2008, 10:39 AM
Let's just say that a highly touted Lake Travis player for next year's class is declaring his allegiance today, and UT looks like the landing spot at this point.

If this guy does declare, can he back out (since his class is next year's) or is it binding?

YoungTexanFan
02-07-2008, 10:50 AM

KU had one loss and won the Orange Bowl with 2* and 3* recruits.

bah007
02-07-2008, 10:50 AM
If this guy does declare, can he back out (since his class is next year's) or is it binding?

It isnt binding until the first Wed of NEXT Feb.

Just a verbal committment.

bah007
02-07-2008, 10:51 AM
KU had one loss and won the Orange Bowl with 2* and 3* recruits.

...and a great coach.

As I'm sure you know, that also plays a huge part.

awtysst
02-07-2008, 10:53 AM
It isnt binding until the first Wed of NEXT Feb.

Just a verbal committment.

So what is the point for him to verbally commit now? I guess I don't see how it benefits him to declare 364 days early?

bah007
02-07-2008, 11:01 AM
So what is the point for him to verbally commit now? I guess I don't see how it benefits him to declare 364 days early?

It helps to make your decision early, that way you have a lot of time to think about whether you made the right choice or not.

Its either that, or get stuck in Darrell Scott's shoes. I know for a fact that he didnt enjoy the last week of his recruiting process.

Also, the kid is a very quiet kid, doesnt do interviews. Looks like he wants to just make a decision, and kill the recruiting process early on.

bah007
02-07-2008, 11:21 AM

Another potential reason is that the state has two blue-chips at his position & by committing early, he might be trying to scare the other guy off.

Specnatz
02-07-2008, 11:36 AM

Depending on the school, if you committ it guarantees you that scholarship. Schools only have some many scholarships they can offer, so since this is about Texas, thye may only have say 18 scholarships for next season. Texas is considered a powerhouse so finding good athletes should not be an issue. So now the issue is what positions. Well they may take 1 QB 1 or 2 RB and so down the line. If you play LB, you will know what the schools depth chart is and when and who is graduating this year and next year, because you do not want to ride the pine more than redshirting one year.

So you have this scholarship offer and you accept you got a place to go and you are guaranteed that scholarship, now you can secretly look around and see if another school best fits you.

beerlover
02-07-2008, 12:49 PM
does anyone know about local (Aldine) product Darron Thomas?

Bellotti compared Thomas to Dennis Dixon, who was a Heisman Trophy frontrunner last season before suffering a season-ending knee injury.

"When I saw him on film, I thought he looked like Dennis Dixon," Bellotti said. "I thought that's one of the highest compliments I can pay to him. The fact that he's (enrolled at Oregon for winter quarter) is obviously going to give him a leg up on the competition."

bah007
02-07-2008, 01:17 PM
does anyone know about local (Aldine) product Darron Thomas?

Bellotti compared Thomas to Dennis Dixon, who was a Heisman Trophy frontrunner last season before suffering a season-ending knee injury.

"When I saw him on film, I thought he looked like Dennis Dixon," Bellotti said. "I thought that's one of the highest compliments I can pay to him. The fact that he's (enrolled at Oregon for winter quarter) is obviously going to give him a leg up on the competition."

I dont know much about him at all.

He is the #43 player in the state & the #6 Dual-Threat QB.

I think he is ranked like the #16 QB overall, not sure though.

Here is his profile at Rivals:

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=58304&Sport=1

Scored 21 TDs this year (10 rushing).

TexansSeminole
02-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Another potential reason is that the state has two blue-chips at his position & by committing early, he might be trying to scare the other guy off.

On the flip side, he could commit early to bring some talented guys with him. Recruits see that 5* linebacker and they feel as if they could be successful with a guy like that. QB E.J. Manuel and LB Nigel Bradham both did that for FSU this year...commit early and helped FSU with the recruiting process.

bah007
02-07-2008, 01:36 PM
On the flip side, he could commit early to bring some talented guys with him. Recruits see that 5* linebacker and they feel as if they could be successful with a guy like that. QB E.J. Manuel and LB Nigel Bradham both did that for FSU this year...commit early and helped FSU with the recruiting process.

Especially if its a 5-star QB. (wink, wink)

GG!

TexansSeminole
02-07-2008, 01:43 PM
Especially if its a 5-star QB. (wink, wink)

GG!

Too bad rivals changed E.J. Manuel from a 5-star (#1 pro style passer) to a 4-star (#2 Dual threat quarterback).

It doesn't really matter though. From what I have seen and from what I have heard Jimbo Fisher say, he seems like a good quarterback.

bah007
02-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Too bad rivals changed E.J. Manuel from a 5-star (#1 pro style passer) to a 4-star (#2 Dual threat quarterback).

It doesn't really matter though. From what I have seen and from what I have heard Jimbo Fisher say, he seems like a good quarterback.

Well I was actually talkin about the kid that we're hoping to get today.

He's the only blue chip QB besides Matt Barkley (#1 player in the nation, already committed to USC).

Just set Texas high school records for passing yards & completions in a season this past year.

TexansSeminole
02-07-2008, 02:01 PM
Watch out for 6-3 220lb Chris Whaley (http://youtube.com/watch?v=XpUpwJujEHw) from Madisonville, Texas. He runs silky smooth, he turns upfield quickly, and he is very fast. He will come out of the 2009 recruiting class. However, sometimes the key to a good recruiting class is to get guys early. USC already has the top rated player (quarterback), Matt Barkley.

It looks like Chris Whaley is being recruited by Nebraska, Florida State, Oklahoma, Texas, and Notre Dame. This guy looks like he could be a great college runningback.

bah007
02-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Watch out for 6-3 220lb Chris Whaley (http://youtube.com/watch?v=XpUpwJujEHw) from Madisonville, Texas. He runs silky smooth, he turns upfield quickly, and he is very fast. He will come out of the 2009 recruiting class. However, sometimes the key to a good recruiting class is to get guys early. USC already has the top rated player (quarterback), Matt Barkley.

It looks like Chris Whaley is being recruited by Nebraska, Florida State, Oklahoma, Texas, and Notre Dame. This guy looks like he could be a great college runningback.

He's all over UT's radar.

Should be there on Saturday for Junior Day.

YoungTexanFan
02-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Another local kid to pay attention to is OLB Trey Briggs from Jersey Village HS. He is 6'2 221. He is being recruited by Texas, A&M, is getting interest from Oklahoma now, and holds offers from Kansas and Oklahoma State.

http://www.army.rivals.com/cpEvent.asp?Key=16287

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=55144&season=2009&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf %2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d551 44%26season%3d2009

http://www.cfisd.net/newsmedia/press/2007/1205football.htm

TexansSeminole
02-07-2008, 02:22 PM
He's all over UT's radar.

Should be there on Saturday for Junior Day.

That's good, he looks Adrian Peterson-esque.

bah007
02-07-2008, 02:53 PM
That's good, he looks Adrian Peterson-esque.

Well not the same player.

But in that mold? Definitely.

kastofsna
02-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Miami with the #1 class according to ESPN.

hollatchaboi Randy Shannon.

bah007
02-07-2008, 03:35 PM

And #4 from Rivals.

Masterful job by Shannon and his crew.

I thought that Miami wasnt supposed to be a major player anymore? Guess not.

TexansSeminole
02-07-2008, 04:06 PM

Arthur Brown is going to be great.

You guys also took C.J. Holton from us.

Goldensilence
02-07-2008, 04:27 PM
And #4 from Rivals.

Masterful job by Shannon and his crew.

I thought that Miami wasnt supposed to be a major player anymore? Guess not.

I think history has Miami's back. Don't they have the longest consecutive streak of players drafted in the fist round?

Doesn't matter who is coaching( I think Shannon will be a great coach) you go to UM. You're probably going to the NFL.

I also wanted to add how much i really respected Larry Coker. I saw his press conference when he stepped down. Rare to see such a genuine coach who showed genuine affection for his players despite the whirlwind that surrounded his exit.

Ole Miss Texan
02-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Miami has really gotten a bad reputation over the last few years. I think that's the biggest thing keeping some recruits from going there, aside from more competition from other Universities.

Sounds like the current staff is doing a better job and are heck of recruiters. If UM can just keep their players under control (which seems to be getting better) they will be very dangerous in only a couple of years.

SEC seems to have had a lot of drama and still had some good classes. Florida and LSU are givens. Georgia is now officially a powerhouse. Saban and Alabama are building quite the program. Mississippi State has really turned their program around. Auburn's a solid program. Arkansas did better than I thought- bad publicity for Petrino but I guess kids still wanna play for him. they keep a lot of in state talent. Ole Miss has only gotten better w/ keeping Oher + a lot of young RB/WR talent, young Jevan Snead, good young D front 7, adding Houston Nutt and new staff... but seems they're hardly making up any ground in the SEC!

bah007
02-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Well the Darrell Scott heartbreak is over for Texas fans already.

Garrett Gilbert, the #2 QB in the nation for the 2009 class (#12 overall) has committed to UT.

My uncle lives in Round Rock & goes to all the high school games for Round Rock & Lake Travis and has gotten to meet Garrett's dad a few times.

Suffice it to say, the man SAYS that he thinks a verbal committment is a COMMITTMENT, and his son will not be swaying on his decision.

Hopefully, its true.

threetoedpete
02-08-2008, 04:40 PM

Untill the money is in the bank, it's all talk.

threetoedpete
02-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Miami has really gotten a bad reputation over the last few years. I think that's the biggest thing keeping some recruits from going there, aside from more competition from other Universities.

Sounds like the current staff is doing a better job and are heck of recruiters. If UM can just keep their players under control (which seems to be getting better) they will be very dangerous in only a couple of years.

SEC seems to have had a lot of drama and still had some good classes. Florida and LSU are givens. Georgia is now officially a powerhouse. Saban and Alabama are building quite the program. Mississippi State has really turned their program around. Auburn's a solid program. Arkansas did better than I thought- bad publicity for Petrino but I guess kids still wanna play for him. they keep a lot of in state talent. Ole Miss has only gotten better w/ keeping Oher + a lot of young RB/WR talent, young Jevan Snead, good young D front 7, adding Houston Nutt and new staff... but seems they're hardly making up any ground in the SEC!

I Rag on U of H all of the time...Miami is worse. They took a bunch of locals from north west sets up a nice us against the world scenario. But the bottom line is they don't have to sleep there. They can go home. They need to spend some money on the facilities.

Second Honeymoon
02-08-2008, 05:00 PM
I Rag on U of H all of the time...Miami is worse. They took a bunch of locals from north west sets up a nice us against the world scenario. But the bottom line is they don't have to sleep there. They can go home. They need to spend some money on the facilities.

Miami is still Miami. One of few major programs located in a major city and has been a pipeline to the NFL for almost 3 decades. Big City. Hottest women on the planet in that city. Beautiful Campus. National Championship caliber football program. What has hurt them is the THUG U image. It looks like they are beginning to overcome that now under Shannon.

TexansSeminole
02-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Miami is still Miami. One of few major programs located in a major city and has been a pipeline to the NFL for almost 3 decades. Big City. Hottest women on the planet in that city. Beautiful Campus. National Championship caliber football program. What has hurt them is the THUG U image. It looks like they are beginning to overcome that now under Shannon.

Shannon hasn't changed too much in Miami. He has recruited well, don't get me wrong, but what I see on the field is the same thing. The defense is still athleticand shows greatness at times but the offense sucks like hell. And they suffer from alot of penalties.

Before Shannon was the coach, they flip flopped Wright and Freeman around until they were left. Shannon has done the same thing with the quarterbacks, and had little to no success with either of them. He changed the starter around 4 times this year.

I saw an emergence of Cooper in the running game, but James had less yards because of it and the team overall didn't run the ball much better than in 2006.

He has shown recruiting skills, and he kept the defense in shape, however he needs to do something about his offense because it is terrible.

bah007
02-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Before Shannon was the coach, they flip flopped Wright and Freeman around until they were left. Shannon has done the same thing with the quarterbacks, and had little to no success with either of them. He changed the starter around 4 times this year.

Honestly, I think both Freeman and Wright are just terrible.

Its hard to decide between crappy QB A & crappy QB B.

Once they get a solid QB in that program I expect them to come back big time.

kastofsna
02-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Miami is Miami, but Miami hasn't had a Miami-like recruiting class in a while. and to get it after the worst season in over a decade?

hoping and praying that Robert Marve starts at QB this year. Freeman and Wright are gone, thank god.

TexansSeminole
02-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Honestly, I think both Freeman and Wright are just terrible.

I agree on this much. They are both terrible.

Miami got 8 commits from Miami Northwestern, the best high school football team in the nation:

Offense
Jacory Harris, QB, 4-star.
Tommy Streeter, WR, 4-star.
Aldarius Johnson, WR, 4-star.
Kendall Thompkins, WR, 3-star.
Benjamin Jones, OT, 4-star.
Brandon Washington, OG, 4-star.

Defense
Marcus Forston, #1 DT, 5-star.
Sean Spence, OLB, 4-star.

Again, all these guys are from Florida 6A state champions, Miami Northwestern, the #1 rated high school in the nation. They've pretty much secured that team's passing game and their best defensive player.

They also got a few recruits from Booker T. Washington high school in Miami, which, if you follow high school football in Miami, is a high school with some history of putting out prospects.

threetoedpete
02-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Noticed Dean Stienkuhler's son singed with...of course, Nebraska. Gene's usually skip a genertion though.

mexican_texan
02-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Well the Darrell Scott heartbreak is over for Texas fans already.

Garrett Gilbert, the #2 QB in the nation for the 2009 class (#12 overall) has committed to UT.

My uncle lives in Round Rock & goes to all the high school games for Round Rock & Lake Travis and has gotten to meet Garrett's dad a few times.

Suffice it to say, the man SAYS that he thinks a verbal committment is a COMMITTMENT, and his son will not be swaying on his decision.

Hopefully, its true.
I've seen him play before. He killed the DBs, seemed to have good vision, and was the best QB I saw in the 2007 season.

Second Honeymoon
02-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Noticed Dean Stienkuhler's son singed with...of course, Nebraska. Gene's usually skip a generation though.

unless your a Manning then it just gets more potent. Archie's oldest son was a helluva athlete and a top WR but he had spinal injury and never played again. All 3 pretty damn good athletes.

I like that Dean's son followed his own path to Nebraska. That is how things should be imho. Show some allegiance to a local school and stop bandwagonning programs out of state is my advice.

bah007
02-09-2008, 06:34 PM
unless your a Manning then it just gets more potent. Archie's oldest son was a helluva athlete and a top WR but he had spinal injury and never played again. All 3 pretty damn good athletes.
I like that Dean's son followed his own path to Nebraska. That is how things should be imho. Show some allegiance to a local school and stop bandwagonning programs out of state is my advice.

I remember Cooper Manning. Rumor was, he was supposed to be the best football player of all of them, until he got hurt.