PDA

View Full Version : May I Remind You Gentlemen...

kastofsna
02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
...that only ONE team in NFL history has managed to complete a perfect season. the

1972 Miami Dolphins

:doot: :doot: :doot: :doot: :doot: :doot:

kastofsna
02-03-2008, 10:08 PM
btw i've been waiting all year to start this thread. bout damn time

Marcus
02-03-2008, 10:17 PM
I'll tell you what I've been wondering all year . . .

Why do you post here instead of the Dolphins message board?

Showtime100
02-03-2008, 10:17 PM
...that only ONE team in NFL history has managed to complete a perfect season. the

1972 Miami Dolphins

....and they aren't even in the conversation for best team ever. Must suck.

gg no re
02-03-2008, 10:18 PM
now I remember why I kinda wanted the Patriots to win

kastofsna
02-03-2008, 10:23 PM
ahh, your reactions are almost as glorious as the Patriots losing. but no, not really.

17-0 > 18-1

PapaL
02-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Like I said in the other thread, there's only one perfect season that matters - the post season.

Dread-Head
02-03-2008, 10:34 PM
ahh, your reactions are almost as glorious as the Patriots losing. but no, not really.

17-0 > 18-1

Pardon me Kastofsna, but refresh my memory but ...what was the Dolphins record for 2007? I forget. You're livin' in the past Marge. Quit livin' in the past!

NitroGSXR
02-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Pardon me Kastofsna, but refresh my memory but ...what was the Dolphins record for 2007? I forget. You're livin' in the past Marge. Quit livin' in the past!
And what does that have to do with perfection? See.. they won a game so they stopped perfection from happening just like the New England Patriots failed at their attempt also. Fact remains is that the Miami Dolphins are the only team with a perfect season. That's a singular team there. Even if the Dolphins had gone 0-16, they would not be alone in that category. Several teams have gone 0-16.

SheTexan
02-03-2008, 10:42 PM
Why shouldn't Kas be proud of the Phins record? At least it's not the freaking COWBOYS bragging about it. It's a great record for that period in time, and they should be proud!!! I hope they hold that record until the TEXANS come along and take it away from them!!:)

Dread-Head
02-03-2008, 10:45 PM
Why shouldn't Kas be proud of the Phins record? At least it's not the freaking COWBOYS bragging about it. It's a great record for that period in time, and they should be proud!!! I hope they hold that record until the TEXANS come along and take it away from them!!:)

you're right. I should be happy about that...but the 72 fins can still suck it.

J-Russ
02-03-2008, 11:26 PM
http://www.dolphinsnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=208465

:D :D :D :D :D :D

The lolphins are the real winners today.

Hookem Horns
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
You're welcome.

WesmanTexanfan
02-03-2008, 11:50 PM
yall are hillarious....

:includeme:

Hottoddie
02-04-2008, 12:26 AM

1972 Miami Dolphins

You have every reason to be proud of that accomplishment. It's quite a feat & may never be equaled again, especially with a 16 game regular season. However, just because New England didn't go 19-0, it doesn't take anything away from their accomplishments this season. They missed it by just 39 seconds. You can't get much closer than that.

And, in an attempt at keeping you a little humble, Miami has won 2 Super Bowls in 5 trips while New England has won 3 in 6 trips to the Big Dance.

Giant Tiger
02-04-2008, 12:42 AM

Well said: :thumbup

El Amigo Invisible
02-04-2008, 12:45 AM
Like I said in the other thread, there's only one perfect season that matters - the post season.

AMEN !

ATX
02-04-2008, 12:53 AM
In a way I wanted a 19-0 team, then the next mark would be 20-0. It's possible....but 3 teams would have to go 16-0.

Edit: After thinking about it, scheduling might make it impossible for 3 16-0 teams to come out of the same conference for my scenario to happen.

kastofsna
02-04-2008, 01:11 AM
keep hoping for that 19-0 team.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
02-04-2008, 01:44 AM
How can you gloat after the Patriots lose when you were practically sucking them off the entire season?

kastofsna
02-04-2008, 01:50 AM
i'm a complicated man.

ATX
02-04-2008, 02:01 AM

Texans 08 Baby!!! :logo:

kastofsna
02-04-2008, 02:26 AM
we have a little bit of conflict since you'll be losing to the Dolphins, who coincidentally are going 19-0.

HoustonFrog
02-04-2008, 09:21 AM
Heck at 18-1 they were still better than the overrated Dolphin team of bitter old men.

Texan_Bill
02-04-2008, 09:58 AM

Gma.... I would agree with you 100% if the Dolphins weren't such a$$es about it (See Mercury Morris).. Their arrogance rivals that of Cowgurls and Patriots fans, some may argue worse..

If the '72 Dolphins played the same Patriots that lost last night. My money would be on the Patriots - everytime...

HOU-TEX
02-04-2008, 10:13 AM
Personally, I could really care less about the 72 "Phins. I'm just happy the Giants beat them so we wouldn't have to hear about 19-0 for the next decade. Let the old bastards have their undefeated season. Just as long as we don't have to hear it hyped every single day.

Now, let's get on with the off-season.:cool:

Texan_Bill
02-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Personally, I could really care less about the 72 "Phins. I'm just happy the Giants beat them so we wouldn't have to hear about 19-0 for the next decade. Let the old bastards have their undefeated season. Just as long as we don't have to hear it hyped every single day.

Now, let's get on with the off-season.:cool:

The next decade of Patriots crap would have been a lot better than the dolphins bittermen for the last 35 years... AND now we have to listen to their arrogant arses even longer (even though that '72 team couldn't hang with either the Giants OR the Patriots) because they will hype it and hype themselves every single day. :gun:

HoustonFrog
02-04-2008, 10:21 AM
The next decade of Patriots crap would have been a lot better than the dolphins bittermen for the last 35 years... AND now we have to listen to their arrogant arses even longer (even though that '72 team couldn't hang with either the Giants OR the Patriots) because they will hype it and hype themselves every single day. :gun:

The 72 Dolphin guys are insufferable and their season wasn't even that impressive as Luv pointed out. They are worse than any team I have seen when it comes to talking trash.

HOU-TEX
02-04-2008, 10:29 AM

The 72 Dolphin guys are insufferable and their season wasn't even that impressive as Luv pointed out. They are worse than any team I have seen when it comes to talking trash.

I agree with y'all, they're a bunch of whiney kodgers, but their hype usually dies down after the undefeated team loses. If the Pats would've won, the hype would've been fresh to the media and would've been beat to death similiar to what we've had to deal with the past two weeks leading up to the SB. :gun:

Texan_Bill
02-04-2008, 10:35 AM
I agree with y'all, they're a bunch of whiney kodgers, but their hype usually dies down after the undefeated team loses. If the Pats would've won, the hype would've been fresh to the media and would've been beat to death similiar to what we've had to deal with the past two weeks leading up to the SB. :gun:

I just would have loved to seen a camera all up in Mercury Morris' grill - had the Pats won yesterday...

TheIronDuke
02-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Larry Csonka's message to the Patriots:

http://i26.tinypic.com/259v78m.jpg

Double Barrel
02-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Congrats Dolphins!....for something that happened 35 years ago. :whistle:

Meanwhile, the greatest player in your franchise's history never got a ring. Poor Dan, he doesn't even have his records anymore.

Hardcore Texan
02-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Personally, I am glad the Giants won, 'cause now the precedent has been set. They went 8-8 last season and won the Super Bowl this season.

Hmmm, I know someone coming off of an 8-8 season. :fans: :cool: :doot:

Dread-Head
02-04-2008, 01:17 PM

You DO realize that by saying that you've just given EVERYONE liscence to be a complete @$$holes to you when that happens right?

Joe Texan
02-04-2008, 01:22 PM
Several teams have gone 0-16.

Nitro,

Hate to bust your bubble but

Most Losses in a season

15 New Orleans, 1980
Dallas, 1989
New England, 1990
Indianapolis, 1991
N.Y. Jets, 1996
San Diego, 2000
Carolina, 2001
14 By many teams

kastofsna
02-04-2008, 01:35 PM
You DO realize that by saying that you've just given EVERYONE liscence to be a complete @$$holes to you when that happens right?
okie dokie.

austintexanite
02-04-2008, 01:37 PM
Congrats to Dolphin fans everywhere.

Goldensilence
02-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Most Losses in a season

15 New Orleans, 1980
Dallas, 1989
New England, 1990
Indianapolis, 1991
N.Y. Jets, 1996
San Diego, 2000
Carolina, 2001
14 By many teams

Congrats a new addition to the top of that list

2007 Miami Dolphins

ATX
02-04-2008, 01:40 PM
okie dokie.

I don't see why you even care. It's not like you were alive when that happened.

kastofsna
02-04-2008, 01:51 PM
from the day i was born until the day he died, my father would spin grand tales of the '72 Dolphins. he went to every game that season, and went to all three of those Super Bowls in the early '70s. we always went out to eat the night the last team lost (or the next night, whatever). it took me a while to really appreciate just how difficult it was to go undefeated in the NFL, but i think this season really hit that notion hard for me.

doesn't really matter if it happened before my time, a few of you guys who are younger than i criticized me for my Earl Campbell comment. tradition is tradition.

Texan_Bill
02-04-2008, 01:57 PM
from the day i was born until the day he died, my father would spin grand tales of the '72 Dolphins. he went to every game that season, and went to all three of those Super Bowls in the early '70s. we always went out to eat the night the last team lost (or the next night, whatever). it took me a while to really appreciate just how difficult it was to go undefeated in the NFL, but i think this season really hit that notion hard for me.

doesn't really matter if it happened before my time, a few of you guys who are younger than i criticized me for my Earl Campbell comment. tradition is tradition.

How'd your Dad like his stay in Houston?!??

TexansLucky13
02-04-2008, 02:08 PM
I just love that the 2007 Dolphins were one missed field goal away from being 0-16.

Until the day I die, I will probably never see the Dolphins as a winning franchise.

Why, you ask? Because they have never beaten the TEXANS!

:texflag:

SheTexan
02-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Come on guys!! Whats wrong with a few OLD guys having a little fun living in the past? If they want to brag, let them!! 35 years is a VERY long time, and a lot has changed since then. Hell, that was back in my day and age of being YOUNGER, and I salute them for what they accomplished in 1972. Is it comparable to this day and age? Probably not, BUT, they deserve the right to brag about what they did so many years ago. JMO!! IF it had been the Oilers, you can bet your sweet tutu I would be bragging, just like Phins fans.

Texan_Bill
02-04-2008, 02:41 PM
I hear what you're saying Gma.... I'm all for being proud of your own accomplishments, but there is a difference between being prideful and arrogant... Celebrating other's failures is arrogant - and thats what they do.

kastofsna
02-04-2008, 02:45 PM
How'd your Dad like his stay in Houston?!??
no clue, he talked more about his stay in New Orleans for the first game than the others. ironic since they lost that one. he was sitting behind a Cowboys fan who had a cowbell and was going nuts with it the entire game, and because of that he developed this deep hatred for the Cowboys. can't blame 'em.

Dread-Head
02-04-2008, 02:48 PM
okie dokie.

(To the tune of a Dennis Leary song)
He parks his car in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces...

He's KASTOFSNA! Yes He's KASTOFSNA!

Texan_Bill
02-04-2008, 02:57 PM
no clue, he talked more about his stay in New Orleans for the first game than the others. ironic since they lost that one. he was sitting behind a Cowboys fan who had a cowbell and was going nuts with it the entire game, and because of that he developed this deep hatred for the Cowboys. can't blame 'em.

It was more of a rhetorical question being that that Super Bowl at Rice Stadium was about 33 years ago...

kastofsna
02-04-2008, 03:24 PM
(To the tune of a Dennis Leary song)
He parks his car in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces...

He's KASTOFSNA! Yes He's KASTOFSNA!
ah, Denis Leary, the biggest hack in comedy. great job.