PDA

View Full Version : Joe Flacco?

V3rm0nt3r
01-31-2008, 07:51 PM
http://profootballexperts.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=9&c=12&yr=2008&nid=83&lnid=124&rc=4&pid=10

I knew his stock was rising but seriously? #2 behind Matt Ryan?

Goldensilence
01-31-2008, 09:32 PM
http://profootballexperts.scout.com/a.z?s=211&p=9&c=12&yr=2008&nid=83&lnid=124&rc=4&pid=10

I knew his stock was rising but seriously? #2 behind Matt Ryan?

No kidding. I just wonder if he has the upside of Woodson or concerns about the level of competition. Get the gut feeling more of a Trent Edwards/ John Beck Type of QB.

b0ng
01-31-2008, 09:59 PM
Some team is going to pick Brohm in the 2nd or 3rd round and he will end up being a great QB.

Seriously, Joe Flacco?

ItsAMarioParty
01-31-2008, 10:38 PM
holy crap

some team is probably going to be really disappointed if they feel the same way as scout

threetoedpete
02-01-2008, 12:20 AM
He has the strongest arm of the group...bar none. Get into a third and thirteen and you gotta stick a fourteen yard out....he's your guy. His foot work is awkward and he is rough. All he needs is a decent Qb coach. Someone will get a bargin on the second day.

LonerATO
02-01-2008, 03:18 AM
i back the flacc

HOU-TEX
02-01-2008, 10:21 AM
It's not very surprising. Look at the QB class as a whole, it's really not very good at all. They definitely didn't help their draft in the Senior games. IMO, other than his arm strength, Flacco didn't impress me either. I don't think any of them are first round worthy. Maybe Ryan late in the first. :)

V3rm0nt3r
02-01-2008, 10:56 AM
It's not very surprising. Look at the QB class as a whole, it's really not very good at all. They definitely didn't help their draft in the Senior games. IMO, other than his arm strength, Flacco didn't impress me either. I don't think any of them are first round worthy. Maybe Ryan late in the first. :)

Ryan will go top 15 at least. If Atlanta and KC let him slip he will be a steal for the Bears. I hope he goes to Atlanta because he will get to be the face of the franchise from the get go.

If you look back at the list they have Flacco above guys like DeSean Jackson and Mendenhall.:thinking:

Goldensilence
02-01-2008, 12:02 PM
He has the strongest arm of the group...bar none. Get into a third and thirteen and you gotta stick a fourteen yard out....he's your guy. His foot work is awkward and he is rough. All he needs is a decent Qb coach. Someone will get a bargin on the second day.

Sounds like a carbon copy of Kyle Boller.

beerlover
02-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Joe Flacco is a project who needs to carry the clipboard at least a couple years & learn as much as possible about speed of the game, reading defenses to running whatever offensive scheme. he should be a 3rd rd, pick, think Matt Schaub.....even his looks & personality.

Regarding Ryans the only measureable you need to understand is his leadership ability. he is a carbon copy of Tom Brady about one year into the league. Being up there in Boston he is a local kid learning in the shawdows of the most admired QB in NFL history. he has the same size, uses the shotgun, catches, moves & throws with similar movement. What better pick than New England, yes the Patriots selecting Matt Ryans to be Bradys back-up & future replacement?

Polo
02-01-2008, 12:12 PM
I like Flacco.

He reminds of an old school guy who just plays to win.

V3rm0nt3r
02-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Joe Flacco is a project who needs to carry the clipboard at least a couple years & learn as much as possible about speed of the game, reading defenses to running whatever offensive scheme. he should be a 3rd rd, pick, think Matt Schaub.....even his looks & personality.

Regarding Ryans the only measureable you need to understand is his leadership ability. he is a carbon copy of Tom Brady about one year into the league. Being up there in Boston he is a local kid learning in the shawdows of the most admired QB in NFL history. he has the same size, uses the shotgun, catches, moves & throws with similar movement. What better pick than New England, yes the Patriots selecting Matt Ryans to be Bradys back-up & future replacement?

Sounds like a waste for the Pats when they need a CB going into the season and whose LBs are going to leave the NFL directly into an Assisted Living Community.

beerlover
02-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Sounds like a waste for the Pats when they need a CB going into the season and whose LBs are going to leave the NFL directly into an Assisted Living Community.

Bradys going into assisted living if he doesn't get better protection. I think Clady would be a pretty safe bet right about now :shades:

V3rm0nt3r
02-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Bradys going into assisted living if he doesn't get better protection. I think Clady would be a pretty safe bet right about now :shades:

Belichick is going to be pissed but don't expect someone to be cut because they lost to the best dline in the league.:lion: :poker: :hothboy: :drive: .... <----Why?

kastofsna
02-04-2008, 09:02 PM
the Cutler of this draft, i hear. first round possibility.

V Man
02-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Had an arguement with a buddy about the Texans drafting a QB this year. It wouldn't suprise me if he is there in the 3rd that the Texans took him.

Needs to sit and learn for a couple of years, so Matt has 3 years to prove that he is the man, and if he is, Flaco becomes solid trade bait.

bigbrewster2000
02-05-2008, 11:03 AM
Had an arguement with a buddy about the Texans drafting a QB this year. It wouldn't suprise me if he is there in the 3rd that the Texans took him.

Needs to sit and learn for a couple of years, so Matt has 3 years to prove that he is the man, and if he is, Flaco becomes solid trade bait.

Why would we Draft a QB in the 3rd since we only carry 2 QB's? I guess you were the one arguing for a QB? That would be a wasted pick, especially with the holes that we have.

That sounds errilly along the lines of Charley Casserly thinking with the Dave Ragone selection in the 3rd round in '03. How did that one work out?:cool:

V Man
02-05-2008, 12:24 PM
Why would we Draft a QB in the 3rd since we only carry 2 QB's? I guess you were the one arguing for a QB? That would be a wasted pick, especially with the holes that we have.

That sounds errilly along the lines of Charley Casserly thinking with the Dave Ragone selection in the 3rd round in '03. How did that one work out?:cool:

I guess arguement was the wrong word. We were having a conversation and I said it wouldn't suprise me if they did draft one.

Kinda like Atlanta drafting Schaub in the later rounds when they have Vick. How did that work out? (oh yeah someone gave them two picks for him)

beerlover
02-05-2008, 12:41 PM
I guess arguement was the wrong word. We were having a conversation and I said it wouldn't suprise me if they did draft one.

Kinda like Atlanta drafting Schaub in the later rounds when they have Vick. How did that work out? (oh yeah someone gave them two picks for him)

don't forget they (Atlanta) also played the season without a QB :specnatz:

V Man
02-05-2008, 12:57 PM
don't forget they (Atlanta) also played the season without a QB :specnatz:

At the time, they (Atlanta) didn't know that Vick was the kingpin of the underworld dog fighting ring, either. And thank goodness they didn't or they would still have Schaub, and we would have probably had another season of Carr.

bigbrewster2000
02-05-2008, 02:16 PM
At the time, they (Atlanta) didn't know that Vick was the kingpin of the underworld dog fighting ring, either. And thank goodness they didn't or they would still have Schaub, and we would have probably had another season of Carr.

Well the big difference there, and the reason why it would be very silly for the Texans to do so now is that we have a backup QB already in Rosenfels, and the Falcons did not have a Backup period. And the Falcons didnt sign Shaub for future trade bait, it just happened that way.

V Man
02-05-2008, 02:41 PM
Well the big difference there, and the reason why it would be very silly for the Texans to do so now is that we have a backup QB already in Rosenfels, and the Falcons did not have a Backup period. And the Falcons didnt sign Shaub for future trade bait, it just happened that way.

Personally I don't think they are drafting one either. But unlike some who think there is no way they would take one, it would not shock me if we did. If he is considered value at the time of the selection.

I guess I feel that at 8 and 8 we have needs, but at times you need to draft bpa instead of drafting some too high because of need.

V3rm0nt3r
02-05-2008, 05:35 PM
If you were looking for a QB in the 3rd it would probably be a Booty or Woodson (who is seeing his stock plummet) and I see some logic behind it... Rosenfels had a good season and with the needs of the league moving around QB I wouldn't be suprised if they decide to move him to Carolina, Chicago, Miami, Minnesota (outside chance), Baltimore, Tampa Bay (another outside shot), SF, or Atlanta (ironic aint it).

I don't know what we could bring in for him but if it warrants bringing in a 3rd round QB why not?