PDA

View Full Version : Eugene Wilson Vs. Ken Hamlin

PHAROAH
01-29-2008, 03:54 PM
Ok guys time to look at other positions besides the OLT,RB & CB positions. I would love to have Ken Hamlin over Wilson and the rest of the F/A safties but we know that the cowboys are going to pay top dollar at him especially after making the pro bowl. So tell me what you guys think and I am going to put list of safties that I would like. I would sign Doss & Wilson because I think we can afford both and that would bing good compition in camp.

1. Ken Hamlin**
2. Eugene Wilson - Has started in 2 super bowl vitories
3. Mike Doss UFA - Minnesota
4. Gibril Wilson UFA New York Giants

:pirate: :cowboy1: :d:

TexanSam
01-29-2008, 04:12 PM
We could get Hamlin and then we'd have the old Seahawks safety tandem on our roster (Boulware and Hamlin)

Dallas_Texan
01-29-2008, 04:17 PM
Ok guys time to look at other positions besides the OLT,RB & CB positions. I would love to have Ken Hamlin over Wilson and the rest of the F/A safties but we know that the cowboys are going to pay top dollar at him especially after making the pro bowl. So tell me what you guys think and I am going to put list of safties that I would like. I would sign Doss & Wilson because I think we can afford both and that would bing good compition in camp.

1. Ken Hamlin**
2. Eugene Wilson - Has started in 2 super bowl vitories
3. Mike Doss UFA - Minnesota
4. Gibril Wilson UFA New York Giants

:pirate: :cowboy1: :d:

I agree that Ken Hamlin isn't leaving. I'm here in Dallas, and the word around here is everyone is trying like crazy to get rid of Roy Williams. The town has turned against him. That said, they would have to keep Hamlin so he and Pat Watkins would be their tandem. They will also probably take a corner in the third since they will release J Reeves.

So I wouldn't mind Mike Doss or Gibril Wilson. Doss would be our best shot at a deal though, b/c Wilson will be coming out of a SuperBowl season. Doss, Demps, Boulware, Hutchins (maybe), and CC Brown would make for an interesting training camp!

PHAROAH
01-29-2008, 05:52 PM
The thing about Eugene Wilson he is in trouble of not being resigned because they drafted Brandon Meriweather from Miami in the 1st round so he is out.

BSofA04
01-29-2008, 06:47 PM
Anyone other those players would be an upgrade. I was pushing for us to sign Hamlin last year, so I'd be happy if he'd decide to play here. However, I see Eugene Wilson as our best bet for a FS.

Maddict5
01-29-2008, 09:12 PM
its hard to evaluate safeties from watching on tv but gibril wilson is a guy that always seems to be around the ball and has good coverage skills.. hed be my pick out of all the FA safeties